New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: 4E shape the game

Almost as if he is ignoring the tiefling, the goblin shakes his head no as he looks at Flint. no tak. radr di. furys mean
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

2. - Top - End - #272
    Halfling in the Playground

[Ironshod]

As he listens to the conversation, by the hole, Ironshod stands up. As he says, "If these are not the bandits," Ironshod pulls the guide goblin up by the section of rope attached to his chest, so as not to strangle him, interrupting his broken speech. He lifts the rope high over his head and grabs the chest knot, he places the goblin on the ground and begins untying him. As he finishes with the hand and chest knots, he continues his statement, "then we should move on."

As he reaches for the noose, he looks at the goblin, saying quietly, "I know how being bound feels. I hope your experience was a little more merciful than mine." As he pulls the loop over the goblins head, Ironshod reaches into his pouch and takes a few gold. As he hands them to him, saying, "they didn't give me gold when they released me." Ironshod stands up, thinking, 'they would beat us, but the meat bags could not handle it,' and starts to loop the rope as he asks the goblin, "Do you know the way to these caves?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Ironshod gives the goblin 4 gold.
    Last edited by opakedragon; 2008-12-11 at 09:02 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273

The goblin has an amazed look on his face. he quickly thanks Ironshod for his kindness, and apologizes for shooting him.

The goblin then points north towards the mountains. no mis it
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Flint

"Thank you, and we are sorry for treating you so roughly." Flint says. Glancing at some of the other party members, he adds, "Well, most of us are sorry at least."

"Well, we know where they are now, let's go before any more time is wasted. Who knows what could be happening to the child?"

5. - Top - End - #275

[Ironshod]

"Lolita out of the hole and stop tormenting the goblins,"
    says Ironshod, as he thinks, 'she would probably eat the small ones first...,' before he continues, "else you will miss out on all of those hearts." He winks awkwardly at the tielfling, and as he does the metal of his face folds and clinks together before returning to normal. The action is made more odd looking because he does not smile as he does it, almost like he was concentrating on the winking more than the joke. Ironshod turns too quickly, and starts heading north as he straps his rope to his pack as he throws it over his shoulder.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

Soveliss

Soveliss leaves the warren, frowning. Pulling Flint aside by his arm, he whispers to his friend, "Flint, I'm not bloodthirsty like Lolita, but did you forget that he just tried to kill us in cold blood? I don't think I'm comfortable just giving him a pat on the head and..." noticing Ironshod's generosity, "giving it money is a good idea."
    Ferret in the Playground!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Flint

"I know you aren't bloodthirsty, but this is their territory after all. They see us as enemies so they attack. If a group of goblins went through human territory or elven territory, the goblins would be attacked too. I hold no grudge against him for that." Flint says reasonably to his friend in a whisper as well.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

Lolita

Peering darkly at the rest of the party, Lolita blithely says, "Now I know that the goblins didn't touch the rest of you, but I have a hole in me..."
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Registry link

Lolita avatar by neoseph7!

Spoiler
    Show

Epic meter: |

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

Soveliss

The elf sighs. "You're right, as usual, Flint." He turns away and walks back over to the group. "And Flint healed that up, Lolita. The ones who put it there are dead. You've still got some blood on your lips to prove it. Lets move on to other matters of vengeance." Soveliss starts up the trail a ways, stopping to lean against a tree and wait for the party. Bubo flaps down to land on his bracer, and he strokes her, calming and finding his center.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

Lolita

Muttering under her breath, Lolita climbs out of the tunnel passageway and begins to walk north, without waiting for the rest of the party.

She reaches into her belt pouch and pulls out the piece of wood she had been carving. Taking out her dagger, she grabs some grass and wipes the rest of the blood off the blade. She then continues whittling as she walked.
    Last edited by slurpz; 2008-12-11 at 10:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Registry link

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281

[Ironshod]

Ironshod turns to Lolita and points to the jagged metal that he had to fold back earlier on. "Then this has been like this my whole life?" says Ironshod, in a serious tone.

Ironshod follows the tielfling.
    Last edited by opakedragon; 2008-12-11 at 10:35 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

As they walk, Dain has come up very close behind Lolita, hopping a little to avoid her tail. He bends down, looking very closely at her as they move along, "Holes, I don't have holes, I don't see holes. Went down a hole, dark, then light. She made a hole, nasty not good food. But she doesn't have a hole, just looks whole to me."
    Last edited by frogman55; 2008-12-11 at 10:28 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Flint

Flint finally catches up to the party. "Alright, ready to go. So should we go in the same order as last time?" Flint asks the party. "I personally think it worked fairly well, and why fix something that ain't broke?"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

Soveliss

As the party catches up, Soveliss whispers to Bubo to keep watch from on high, and return if she sees danger. Tossing the owl into the air, he sets out on the trail, hunting for bugbear tracks to follow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (tracking)-(d20+10)[19]

15. - Top - End - #285

Soveliss send Bubo out scouting and catches up to the rest of the group. The finish going through the swamp, and luckily the ranger notices all the other traps that have been set up.

Leaving the swamp the group sits down and rests up for a litle bit.

After that the group continues north towards the mountains. After about 30 minutes see a rather large opening up ahead. You don't see creatures outside, but you are clearly able to spot some tracks leading towards it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

16. - Top - End - #286

[Ironshod]

Since they know where they need to go, Ironshod suggests, "Soveliss, sneak forward and when you see something, sneak back to tell us." Ironshod straps on his shield and draws his khopesh, thinking, 'blade to the brain-pan of the meat bags.' You see the metal on his face melt into another awkward smile, as he gets into a defensive stance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ironshod uses the total defense action.

If you are having trouble with how awkward it is:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by opakedragon; 2008-12-13 at 02:35 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Flint

"Moradin, family, forgive me. I know that violence should never be the answer, but these bandits have left us with no choice. I am sorry." Flint prays with his head bowed. Lifting his head, he looks towards the clearing, hardening his heart to the bloodshed that must come. "If anyone needs healing, just call out my name, okay? I'm not going to have any of you dying on me today, not even the tiefling."

Flint draws his warhammer, holding it in one hand while his other hand holds his medallion of Moradin, steel and spirit, ready to be used.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

Lolita

Lolita bends down near the tracks and tries to determine if she can tell what kind of animals made those tracks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nature - (d20+1)[6]

BTW: Your little picture thing doesn't work.
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Registry link

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

Soveliss

"You got it, iron man."
    Soveliss slips into the shadows, circling wide around the cave entrance to approach it from the side. Fortunately, the afternoon sun illuminates the mouth of the cavern, allowing Soveliss' elven vision a chance to pierce the darkness as he peers inside.

Spoiler
    Show
    We were traveling north, so assuming the cave is facing our route, as would make sense, afternoon sun will be roughly southwest of directly overhead, and getting lower in the sky. The solar conditions are perfect for maximum sunlight in the cave itself. Stealth and Perception rolls in OOC.
    Last edited by Tanaar; 2008-12-13 at 03:14 AM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

Soveliss

Stepping quietly, toe to heel, Soveliss edges up to the cave entrance. Cocking his head, he appears to be listening intently. He slowly takes a knee, drawing his unpolished dagger. Sliding it against the supple leather of his boot a few times to remove stray particles, he pushes its unpolished, dull edge a few inches out into gap in the cave's mouth, just above the ground and angled to reflect the interior of the cave. He knows that though people often keep watch at eye level, they infrequently glance down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth-(d20+9)[17]
    Perception-(d20+10)[26]

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

Soveliss

Sheathing his knife, Soveliss stands up. Turning toward his companions down the slope, he draws an arrow, hefts his bow, and beckons forcefully to them.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

Lolita

Raising an eyebrow, Lolita walks closer, summoning eldritch flames to her hands.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth - (d20+2)[19]
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Registry link

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293

[Ironshod]

Seeing the beckoning elf, Ironshod walks toward the mouth of the cave cautiously. The usually talkative Soveliss was using hand signals and beckoning them forward so Ironshod looks into the cave to see the apparent cause.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (d20+1)[3](4) and Stealth - (d20-3)[3](0)
    Last edited by opakedragon; 2008-12-15 at 10:25 AM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

Seeing the others taking care to be silent, and seeing the warforged stumbling and making loud clanging noises, Dain covers his mouth with his hands as he approaches and enters the cave.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth:
    (1d20+6)[20]

25. - Top - End - #295

As the group stumbles there way to the entrance of the cave, most are quite enough to go unnoticed. The warforged unfortunately isn't so lucky. As he tries to peer into the cave nothing is seen or heard from inside.

Soveliss
    Spoiler
    Show

I said Soveliss only!!
    Spoiler
    Show

ok.. cmon this is only for Soveliss : p
    Spoiler
    Show

Just screwing around : )

ok so as Ironshod is moving towards the entrance you hear

"Did you hear something, it sounds like clanking armor outside"
    "Oh, you trying to get out of losing and make me forget about what you owe me?"
    "No I heard something"
    "Sure you did, quit your whining and get back to losing all your gold to me"
    "Fine, but if we get in trouble, your taking the blame"
    "Sure what ever, now deal"

Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

Lolita

Lolita slips inside the cave, staying as quiet as she can and extinguishing the eldritch power about her. She hugs the cave wall and strains her eyes to attempt to pierce through the darkness.

Spoiler
    Show
    My previous 19 on stealth applies right?

Perception - (d20+2)[19] and I have low-light vision.
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Registry link

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

Soveliss

Soveliss frantically waves his hands at Ironshod, holding his hand to his mouth for silence. As Lolita slips inside, he sighs. So much for the element of surprise. May as well get the jump on them while they still aren't paying attention. Rounding the corner and keeping low, Soveliss follows the tiefling inside.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Flint

Flint has stayed quiet the entire time, still nervous about trying to sneak up to the cave. After the warforged's near disaster, Flint is even more reluctant. However, he knows that should the group get into more trouble than they expect, they will need his healing. With one last sigh, Flint heads last into the cave, trying to be as quiet as possible and keep his ears and eyes open for something the rest may have missed.

Spoiler
    Show

Heh, I know that there is nothing that Soveliss doesn't see or hear, but I figured it'd fit for Flint.

Stealth Check: (1d20-1)[1]
    Perception Check: (1d20+4)[19]

29. - Top - End - #299

As the rest of the group begins to sneak into the entrance of the cave, they begin to make a little more noise than they should. It is almost easily noticable that there are a few people up ahead as you hear there voices.

"Now I know I heard that..."
    "You know... I did too"
    "OK, games on hold, let's take a look"

You begin to see a light come around the corner. Finally into view comes the source of the light. Two humans come into view, as they see you, one turns and whistles behind them.

Who, Who, Who the hell are you, and what are you doing here? If you came for trouble you found it.
    Look, they got there little weapons there, they think they are going to attempt to attack us.

((if combat actions, roll initiative.))
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-12-15 at 05:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

"I came for a furry something? Light? You have light," Dain points at their lantern, and re-ignites the sunrod that he was carrying in the goblin cave. "I have light too! The dark isn't hard, or soft, or heavy, but I can make it light! You can make it light too. Who? Who? Who? Thats what Bubo says, and you say it too! But I'm not Bubo."

As he babbles, Dain is walking aimlessly, stopping at seemingly random points in the tunnel, before stopping to hold the sunrod up in the two humans faces.`