New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Seas of Change, Winds of Fate (IC)

The sun rose, and the crew of the Edge of Dawn rose with it. It was clear morning, with a sharp sea-breeze springing up behind the sails of the Edge and billowing them out. The slim prow of the elegant ship slipped through the waters. you're three days out of Catalia, bound for a nearby island where it's rumored that Imperial explorers have unearthed untold riches from ancient ruins. Black Dog has gathered one of the fiercest crews in these waters, but taking on an Imperial squadron is no joke, not even for him. He's told you that you're likely to meet with the enemy at any time. Black Dog himself stands at the helm of the ship - a tall, grizzled man with wild black hair and a single gleaming emerald eye, having lost the other in some unremembered fight. It's said, though, that the patch he wears across the empty socket lets him see as well as any man.

His first mate, a hulking Minotaur by the name of Stonehoof, sits near the stairway up to the helm, sharpening his massive axe and polishing his horns in preparation for the anticipated battle. The rest of the crew swarms over the ship, performing the necessary tasks to keep her on course and in ship shape - unlike many pirates, Black Dog McGee tolerates no slovenliness aboard his vessel. For now, though, you're free to do as you like - prepare for the engagement that likely lurks ahead, relax, or any other tasks you may have yet to take care of. Whatever happens, today is not likely to be uneventful.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Jon Cameron, Elven Gun Mage

Jon Cameron finishes pulling a knot in a large rope, and then plops down on the railing of the stairs opposite Stonehoof. Jon also pulls out his weapon, a carved pistol that matches the scars that run up his bare arm. He carefully cleans it, loads it with powder and bullet, and sets it back in his holster. He springs up, pistol leaping into his hands as if by magic, and aims it in an instant to some imagined foe. He repeats practising drawing the pistol several times, and it finally sinks into a rythm. Now, you're sure it's magic that calls the gun into his hand. Not even an elf could draw that fast.

The rising sun glimmering off of his length of blue and gold chain, he wanders around and casts a keen eye over the crew rushing around the deck. Satisfied that everything was in order, at least that he could tell, he goes back to his spot on the stair railing and takes a swig of grog from his flask.

It was good to be sailing. It wsa good to be far from home. It was good to have a kill not far off.
    Look! It's me!
    The Fey Archer (made for my fiance, many years ago.)
    Savannah gets the awesome credit for my John Locke avatar.

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: Seas of Change, Winds of Fate (IC)

Xxyzx arises with a yawn. He sits up in his cramped ship's bunk and stretches, his arms as best he can in the space provided. Lump twitches and swirls familiarly as well, coiling and uncoiling with lethargic undulations. This was Xxyzx's favorite part of being at sea. The freedom.

Good morning then... X sends telepathically to Lump.

Yes, well... It is morning I suppose.
    Lump sends back

X smirks at Lump's sarcastic reply, and proceeds to climb out of bed.

Despite the upcoming battle, he doesn't feel worried. Xxyzx planned to enjoy his freetime today. Black Dog had gathered the best of the best for his crew, and they should at the very least be on even ground with the Imperials. What more can a man ask for?

His enemy's back?
    Xxyzx hears in his head.

Ignoring Lump, X continues getting ready. With both feet now on the floor, he stands and stretches properly, arms reaching as high as they could. Lump gives a few perfunctory swishes, careful not to hit anything.

Closing his eyes for a second, Xxyzx goes through his traditional morning ritual, and a few seconds later, a pair of tentacles sprout from his shoulders, rapidly whipping out fully, and then just as quickly wrapping themselves around his shoulders. After a few more seconds a wide belt of purplish scales form around his waist, and chitinous black plates appear over his shoulders, and run down his arms, where they form scythe like claws at the back of his hands. A close examination reveals that the plates actually hover slightly above his body, rather than being attached.

Opening his eyes, X gives one last stretch, before heading up the stairs to the main deck. Passing by the massive first mate, X nods his head in greeting, and says, "Morning Stonehoof," before continuing onto the deck. Seeing Jon Cameron seated opposite, he gives another nod. "Cameron."

Stepping into the open air, X takes a deep breath and looks around. He can never get over how lucky he is... To have found a home--a family. Hearing someone yell an oath at the top of their lungs, he gave a smirk. Well, a family of sorts.

Aww, you belong!
    Lump says in his head.

Shut up Lump, X sends back. Despite the harsh words, it'll take more than that to dampen his mood.

With one more deep breath of the sea air, Xxyzx saunters over to the railing, and slouches against it, relaxed.

Soulmelds:
    Spoiler
    Show

Displacer Mantle - Bound to totem chakra, 3 points invested.
    Wormtail Belt
    Kruthik Claws

Eclipse, Servant of the Dark God. Servants of the Fallen
    Necrosis
    , True Necromancer, Unbound
    Xxzyx
    , Impure Prince, Seas of Change, Winds of Fate
    Quintillius, Paladin of the Red Knight, Run to the North

4. - Top - End - #4
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Adagio the Lark

Adagio emerges from below deck, a few charts tightly rolled and tucked under one arm while his other hand clutches tightly at a perfectly-tapered ivory horn, a delicate instrument inlaid with silver runes. He's dressed in a silken vest, purple dappled with white stars, and his usual cloak, a charcoal monstrosity stitched from silver and moonlight if his claim was to be believed. His sharp eyes gaze up to the mast, where Reika remains asleep, her wings pulled tightly around herself like a cocoon. Satisfied, he speaks a simple word and lifts into the sky, landing with a practiced step just out of Stonehoof's reach.

"We seem to be on course, sir,"
    he says, measured and respectful in his tone and words. "But I didn't like the look of last night's stars. Ill tidings, to be certain. If you believe we could spare the time..." Adagio balances the chart under his arm and sets the horn between his hands, reverently.
    Last edited by GryffonDurime; 2008-11-05 at 10:32 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Kale the Farseer

The dim light flickered in the small cabin, the lantern hanging on a hook rocking gently in time with the motion of the ship. The little light provided by the dying lantern illuminated a small form kneeling in front of a massive symbol etched into sand, his compact form hidden in voluminous robes, dark purple and covered in eldritch symbols. The figure finished his work by closing the circle before speaking softly in a language that should not have possibly emerged from his lips,

Nyarlathotep. Cy hlicz cylth. Nyarlathotep. Iiilzcy llyic yyclic. Nyarlathotep.

As he finished speaking a low light flashed along the lines traced within the sand before a tall, at least for a halfling, dark skinned halfling descended from the void that was growing within the circle. As this being glanced upon the prostrated from in front of it began to change in inconceivable, unnatural, and simply wrong ways before becoming part of the void once more. Speaking in a voice that could only be a perfect match for the one that had called this being into the circle,

Kale. Do you still seek my power? Was it not enough that I free you, give you a purpose, and point you in the right direction?

The prostate form beginning to writhe, groveling in front of the circle,

My master I humbly beseech your forgiveness, I only beg you for a sliver of your power in the hopes that with it I can come at least a step closer to completing your plans for this world. I know that to you I am less then a flee, less then a speck of dirt. I have no use in this world besides as a tool for your will and judgment.

One of the stars in the infinite void twinkled in response before the void began to collapse on itself, a single green light filling the room as the circle collapsed within itself, leaving the sand a perfectly flat plane.

Thank you my master, I shall see to your desires at once.

Composing himself and straightening his robes, Kale looked at himself in the cracked mirror above the wash bin hid in the corner of the cramped room. The sign of his god, his normally purple tinted eyes now replaced with windows to the void complete with a perfect mirror to the stars above. Adjusting the veil to hide his face and eyes from the rest of the crew, something the captain had asked after the first week saw the crew just as disturbed as the first day. As Kale made his way to top deck, a single thought crossed his mind, still rattled from the experience of meeting his god once more,

What measure of freedom do I still posses?

6. - Top - End - #6

Xxzyx

Xxyzx leans further out over the railing, staring down at the fast moving water. There was indeed nothing quite like being at sea. The sights, the sounds, the smells... Especially the smells. Xxyxz wrinkled his nose in displeasure in memory of a few particularly potent experiences.

Spineless. Lump intruded on his reverie.

X scowled before sending a reply back. Come back when you have a nose. Till then, quiet.

Turning around, and leaning his back against the railing, he looks at his crewmates. Stonehoof. Just as big and just as ugly as usual. And then Cameron. Sitting opposite stonehoof. X cocked an eyebrow at that. Personally, he kept his distance. No one messed with the first mate.

As he was thinking this, the halfling Kale stepped onto the deck. A strange one was Kale. He kept to himself largely, and besides that he was just a bit...off. He had an almost arrogant attitude, that seemed to say everyone besides him was insignificant. Or, scratch that. He seemed to think of himself as something insignificant at times too.

Well he is pretty short...

A small snicker escaped Xxzyx' lips before he managed to cut it off.

But, he was a part of the family as much as everyone else. X gave a small smile and slouched back a bit further, Lump coiling and uncoiling.
    Last edited by Whiplord; 2008-11-06 at 12:13 AM.

Necrosis
    Xxzyx

7. - Top - End - #7

Jon looks to his fellows with some hint of a smile, perhaps in response to the 'bad omens' promised.
    "Ziz, up already?" Jon usually chided others for their erratic sleeping patterns; though he never mastered the art of trancing, he could function fine on five hours of rest, and always woke up exactly when he meant to.
    Seeing Kale enter, Jon became a little nervous... something always put him off about that halfling. Couldn't quite put his finger on it... but when Jon stared into someone's eyes, they usually looked away. It was like Kale was on the same level as him, somehow.
    Jon started chatting up Xxzyx to avoid the akward stare.
    "Why the long face, Ziz? You're not thinknig of jumping overboard, are you?" The grin on his face is enough to know that he's merely joking.
    Look! It's me!

8. - Top - End - #8

RogueGuy

Jovar

Jovar rests idly in the crows nest near the lookout. He alternates between watching the horizon and glancing down at glancing down at Black Dog. No, he knows nothing will happen to Black Dog now, but he will not allow himself to be caught off guard. The real danger would come later and maybe, finally, Jovar could repay his debt and return home.

For now though, he relaxes and watches the horizon.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ol' Cobber

"... and get the damned scruppers clean! I don't want any of us slipping on the deck durin' the fight 'cause one of you didn't want to muck out a drainin' hole!"

Ol' Cobber walked from the press of men trying to secure some of the rigging and made for the growing number of shipmates that surrounded the first officer.

Ol' Cobber wasn't anything special to look at, in fact he looked like any normal hard-bitten sailor. He'd been losing the firm frame of youth for a while, and was quickly approaching middle-age as evidenced by his sparse and lanky brown hair, shot through with bits of gray. A greasy bandanna keeps his hair from falling down over his eyes and a serviceable brown cloak covers most of his body.

Given that he's not too old, his nickname is a bit of an oddity, but when one takes into account the fact that most pirates don't live to see old age, he's well on his way to becoming an old man in his profession. As well, his years of constant exposure to wind and salted water have shrunk his skin over his wiry frame and given it a colour and texture that seems too much like old leather.

Ol' Cobber pauses to spit a gob over the side of the ship as he moves up to Stonehoof. He gives the others a dull look but glares at Cameron's quick-draw display with something approaching hatred in his eyes.

If I had my way, by the Red Knight, I'd kill every last one of these show-boating bastards. Too bad he's useful to Black Dog.

"Everythin's good first mate, the boys got it all in hand," he says woodenly to the minotaur, "I'm gonna head up the crow's nest, see if I can get a bead on any imperial ships."

Giving the minotaur a respectful nod, Ol' Cobber looks up and curses.

"Dammit! Jovar, spell off up there and get your arse down here, you're more use on the deck than I am."
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-11-06 at 03:00 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

10. - Top - End - #10

RogueGuy

Jovar

Jovar looks down as Ol'Cobber yells up to him - "Dammit! Jovar, spell off up there and get ur arse down here, you're more use on the deck than I am."

Jovar laughs and hops over the side of the crow's nest. He descends without almost preternatural speed, hits the deck, smiles broadly and makes a sarcastically low bow.

"My use is with my blade," Jovar says in a matter of fact but friendly tone, "and you know how little use I am down here."
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

11. - Top - End - #11

Xxzyx turns towards Jon's call. "I'm not wasting my free-time sleeping! I'm gonna lounge around up here and make fun of you louts."

To the second question he replies, "Only in an attempt to get away from you Cameron. Don't make me pull anything quick."

With a grin that makes it clear he's playing, all three tentacles flash out to their full length in Jon's direction, and then whip back to their coiled form.

If only I was a few steps closer...

Xxyzx's grin slipped into a frown for a split second before being replaced by the grin again.

Don't even joke.
    Last edited by Whiplord; 2008-11-06 at 11:04 AM.

Necrosis
    Xxzyx

12. - Top - End - #12

"EyeheEEEHH!"
    Jon almost falls over backwards off of the railing. He was NEVER comfortable with the tencle thing, and it only made it worse that Xxzyx was apparently insane, turning inward with that cloudy look in his eyes every few seconds.
    Righting himself with more grace than should have been possible, he smiles, then chuckles at his own foolishness. Of course, he shouldn't judge people based on their appearances, or abilities.
    Look! It's me!

13. - Top - End - #13

Xxzyz laughed good naturedly at Jon's near tumble. "You're getting rusty Cameron!"

Necrosis
    Xxzyx

14. - Top - End - #14

"Ha ha, I guess I am. You be careful with those things, though, you'll poke someone's eye out."
    Jon realizes that that's something his mother used to say, gets a weird look on his face, and rushes off to secure a line somewhere to hide it.
    Look! It's me!

15. - Top - End - #15

Xxzyx, getting ready to reply, stops with his mouth open as Jon suddenly turns away.

He frowns after the man's retreating back. He seemed to do that every once in a while. Just stop, and walk away.

It was probably something you said.

Ignoring Lump, X looked around the rest of the deck. Well this was boring. Who was he supposed to talk to now?

Well, you could answer me!

Hmm. Jovar and Cobber seemed busy with each other, and Kale was well... Kale. That left Stonehoof. Well, if Cameron could do it...

Sauntering a few steps closer to the mammoth beast, Xxzyz decided to try his luck.

"So... Stonehoof. Getting ready for the battle?"

I hope he kills you, you silent bastard!

Necrosis
    Xxzyx

16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ol' Cobber

"Yeah, I ain't seen you rig a single line since we set out but we'd better keep you down here anyways in case somethin' unexpected happens," he jerks his thumb at the deckhands going about their tasks, "The boys got the ship under control, so the only thing I gotta do is get up in the nest and keep an eye out for Imperials. Just sharpen your sword or whatever it is that you do before a fight, and I'll take the watch."

The squabbling of the other three turn him around just in time to see Xxzyx's tentacles lash out just short of Cameron's face. Then the two started laughing, as if a great joke had been played.

"Bloody kids think this is some kind of game..." he says under his breath before moving to climb the rigging to the crow's nest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on the climb check for 20
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

The taciturn minotaur nodded briefly in return to Cobber. When X spoke up, he nodded, speaking in a slow, deep voice. Aye he rumbled Should be a good battle. Fought the Imperials a fair piece back in the Khan's service. Runts, all of 'em His mouth curved in a smirk. Present compn'y excluded, o' course. He looked at the others, all trace of the smile swiftly vanishing Let's keep our appendages to ourselves, aye?

Meanwhile, at the helm, Black Dog turned, his voice as rough as his features, and nodded to Adaigo as he spoke. Aye.. speak yer mind, lad, if'n there be trouble blowin' on the stormwinds, I'd best be knowin' of it.

18. - Top - End - #18

Xxyzx gulps. "Yes sir. Of course, Stonehoof sir."

Necrosis
    Xxzyx

19. - Top - End - #19

Jon Cameron deftly moves about the other sailors, wearing his experience on his sleeve. His cloak whipped around as he moved from place to place, adjusting the tack slightly here, running a rope to the proper place there... he glanced up to the "old" seafarer above him and couldn't help but smirk; Jon had been sailing for close to fifty years, and had keen eyes from working with a gun since he was a child. The smile turned in to a full-fledged grin as he zig-zagged and lept about the ship; someday, maybe in twenty years, maybe not for a hundred years... he would have a ship of his own.
    Last edited by ColonelFuster; 2008-11-06 at 10:53 PM.
    Look! It's me!

20. - Top - End - #20

Adagio the Lark

"I had only supposed, sir, that an appropriate meal, sanctified in the usual manner, would be advisable if we're expecting to enter into any sort of scuffle today, the Imperials being...well, Imperial,"
    he says, softly.

21. - Top - End - #21

Xxyzx turns around, his separate appendages now firmly coiled or contained. Natural ones included.

He looked around the deck of the ship, searching for something he could busy himself with, and finding...nothing. He had only cursory knowledge of working of the ship. He certainly knew his way around, but the primary crew hands had it under better control than he ever would.

He had been planning to just lounge around, but he could feel Stonehoof's eyes boring into his back. This was strangely conducive to a desire to work. Funny, that.

Resigned, he walked up behind Black Dog and cleared his throat in what he hoped was a polite fashion. He still was a bit rusty on the whole etiquette thing, after all these years.

"Ahem, Black Dog sir. I apologize if I'm interrupting anything. But... is there anything you would like me to take care of?"

He should have stayed in bed...

Necrosis
    Xxzyx

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Black Dog' stared out at the sea for a moment, as if trying to read whatever trouble Adaigo had portended in the swell of the waves and the roll of the tide. He looked at the elf, his eyebrows lifted quizzically. Once more he spoke in his gruff sailor's brogue.

What'll ye be needin' fer ta be takin' the appropriate measures? If'n ya need help, perhaps Mister X here can be assistin' ya, since he seems keen ta find something ta keep 'is hands busy.

Meanwhile, sailors clambered in the rafters as Stonehoof raised himself to his full height, starting to bellow orders to get the ship in fighting trim - there was much that needed to be done - weapons readied, cannons brought into position, everything safely stowed - but the crew moved about with a practiced manner. Black dog kept odd company - Jade Children rubbed shoulders with ex-Imperial military, the Khannate was well represented, as well as a couple of elves beside yourselves - There was even a Kharnatali undead, known as Old Bones, for obvious reasons. He had once been Rotting Pete, but the years had taken care of that, and he rattled about the deck, his pet parrot squawking from its rib-cage.

23. - Top - End - #23

Jon, having done all he could before the rush, backed off and let the sailors work together like a clockwork machine. He settled on the fo'c'sle and, since the ship lacked a good bard, Jon started singing an old dwarven shanty to keep the men at a fast pace. Though he had heard it in deep, gruff voices, backed by drums and bagpipes (and only for a short time before he ran), it still carried fine with his tenor-reaching-alto voice.

"Axe will flash and broadswords swing,
    Piercing armor's shining rings!
    Horses run with burnished shield
    Fight those bastards till they yield!
    Midnight mare and blood red roan,
    Fight to Keep this land Your Own!
    Sound the horn and call the cry,
    How Many of Them Can We Make Die!
    "

He stomped his foot in time with the drum he remembered so well, half-grimacing as he sang.
    Last edited by ColonelFuster; 2008-11-06 at 11:04 PM.
    Look! It's me!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Halfling in the Playground

Kale the Farseer

As the creature that passed itself as human snickered at him the dour halfling stared back from behind the veil that hid his face, his thoughts as blank in emotion as his face,

You waste what gifts you were bestowed with, you thrive on a path unseen and uncontrolled by the masters, you spend your time aimlessly without purpose. Laugh for as long as you can, for you too will see how truly little freedom you posses.

Turning from Xxyzx without saying a word, moving as gracefully as his robed body would allow on the ship, and made his way to the captain, the first mate, and Adagio. Stopping in front of the first mate, Kale bows slightly, a slight sign of respect, if not for the person then for the power of position they held before moving to the captain's side. Not looking at the captain or Adagio his void-blank eyes staring out at some inscrutable point out on the horizon,

Adagio is correct in worrying, my captain. My morning communion with my...masters has led me to believe that something...eventful shall occur within the day. As to whether this...occurrence is a boon or burden was not made clear, but my masters felt it prudent to lend me their power this day.

Pausing for a moment Kale reaches into his robes and pulls out an old, stained, and battered leather bound book along with a quill and small vial of ink. Opening the book without looking, Kale begins to scribble something in the margins of an entry listed He Who Waiteth in the Outer Dark, before he resumed speaking in his soft voice,

While I feel that Adagio's...talents are useful, I agree with my masters that a small sacrifice should be prepared or promised to receive their blessings. As I said before it would not have to be anything large, one prisoner of battle, and neither the crew nor you would have to be present for the event, only give your thanks for the blessing provided by my masters. Though as before my captain, if it is not what you wish I will not trouble you with it for now.

25. - Top - End - #25

Adagio the Lark

Adagio balks, visibly, at Kale's supposition, his pale skin turning to a sour-looking sort of pink. His dark eyes narrow dangerously.

"Nothing quite so morbid, friend,"
    he says, poisoning the word "friend" with sharp tones and biting sarcasm. "I merely thoughts that the lion's share of our crew would fight better on a stomach filled with blessed food. It's an old ritual for my people, though human mages have adapted it as well. I can't perform it by my own power, but this--" he says, hefting the silvered horn, "can. It's of my grandmother's making. Old magic, but still strong. The ritual requires a bit more decorum than our crew is usually capable of exacting from themselves, though, sir, and I've only strength enough to imbue...twelve portions, perhaps. If you think we can spare a moment enough, that is, sir."
    Last edited by GryffonDurime; 2008-11-07 at 02:31 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

The captain stroked his beard thoughtfully for a moment before grunting a reply.

Mmm... Well, I'll agree to yer ritual, Lark.. but as for the sacrifice... well, Kale... I'm not exactly fer' likin' the idea o' makin' a sacrafice to aught I don't understand. I've been at sea many a time, and there's been an occasion or two when you have to give blood to the Queen o' the Deeps.. but your... 'gods'... well, you know I'm not entirely fer bein' comfortable with such things as those. Bad mem'ries. And with that, he bellowed out a series of orders, repeated by Stonehoof, and the crew quickly began to drag out a long table and the dining accouterments onto the open deck as Stonehoof bellows instructions.

Show some respect, you mis'rable bastards! This is for the blessings of the gods to protect yer sorry, soggy hides, so try not to bugger it up!

27. - Top - End - #27

Xyzyz' eyes narrowed as well. He had no idea who the halfling's 'masters' were but--

No doubt they're grade A bastards! Probably a group of halflings trying to gain power to become taller!

Well, more the first part maybe. Anyway, he didn't like Kale being purposefully cruel to other members of the crew. And his sucking up to the captain was a bit annoying too. That wheedling voice of his was almost cloying in its nature.

"Shove off Kale. Adagio is just trying to help. No doubt it'll be more useful than whatever your masters can do. All I've ever seen if you is groveling in dark corners in exchange for a few minor tricks."

He takes a deep breath, realizing this is not what the ship needs right before a battle. Too bad. The halfling could deal with being taken down another few notches. But now was not the time.

"I apologize. That was poorly said. What I mean is that there's no need to belittle anyone's effort to help. Not before a battle."

Turning to Adagio he continues.

"I would be happy to help in any way I can. What is involved?

Necrosis
    Xxzyx

28. - Top - End - #28

Adagio the Lark

"I appreciate the support,"
    Adagio says to Xyzyz, raising the horn softly towards his lips. "There's not much you can do for it, it's not terribly taxing. Just try and keep the...less refined members of our crew from being too enthusiastic."

With that said, he sets to it: the tone starts slowly, at first, narrowing into a more obvious range until finally a great noise pours forth, wide and brilliant like a small orchestra: in the sound of it, there are flutes and brass, a distant choir and vague drums. The table on the deck fills instantly with wonders: there are plates beaten from starmetal and silvered cups full of ambrosia. Four cornucopias tumble out of thin air a few inches above the table, followed by some loaves of bread--still warm and aromatic--and a few finely cooked salmon, almost perfectly fresh as if just out of the river.

Spoiler
    Show

Heroes' Feast - Twelve who partake of it are immune to poison and fear, gain 1d8+6 temporary hit points, and a +1 morale bonus to attacks and will saves for twelve hours.

Adagio can summon one every day...I wonder if this is the first time he's made that clear.

29. - Top - End - #29

Xxzyx nods is assent and turns around to keep a watch on the crew-members.

Spoiler
    Show

If any of the 'less refined' members attempt to cause trouble, then X will attempt to alleviate the situation. I'll let you handle this however you want.

Necrosis
    Xxzyx

30. - Top - End - #30

Jon Cameron hops over to the table and pulls up a chair.
    Look! It's me!