New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Warglory, Liberators II

Slip lowers the spare barrel he had been checking for dirt and mud and looks pensive for a moment before answering. Last time I came up this way, we had ta fight past a bunch o' trolls-bagged half a dozen of tha bastards meself, I did. But that shaman got away-took leftenant Api wit 'im too. Maybe he's back... Slip says, stroking his beard pensively. More likely it's something ta do wit that blasted shrine I took 20mm fire fer.

Frenis, yer regular rounds'll take anything up ta a troll. Just aim about here on 'em, clapping a fist to his breast.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-11-23 at 08:24 PM.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Will do..." Frenis smirks. "But what are their tactics? How do they fight? What formations should we take?"

((Am I supposed to know all this? If so, lets just say poor Frenis has taken too many stray bullets to the helmet. XD))
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Platoon chart
    Spoiler
    Show

(First name is section leader)
    Command:
    Slip
    Curly (2ic)
    Speak-Easy (Radio) -4 melee, -1shotdie
    Doc (Stretcher) -1mel, -2aware

First:
    Poetry
    Frenis (Sharp) -1 melee
    Snake (Rifle) -1melee
    Crash (gren)
    Herbwest (1st Aider)
    Rifleman #1 (Fingers) -1 melee
    Rifleman #2 (3 Pegs)

Second:
    Stinky -2mel
    Tyrson (Sharp) -1melee, -2aware
    Twitch (Rifle)
    Ramble (LMG)
    Fragranstein (1st Aider)
    Rifleman #3 (Tiny)
    Rifleman #4 (Jinks)

Third:
    Hooky
    Lifter (LMG)
    Bang (Gren)
    Ripper (1st Aider)
    x3 Riflemen

1st Section formation
    Spoiler
    Show

Section marching order:

Poetry on Point
    Snake
    Frenis
    Crash
    Rifleman #1
    Herbwest
    Rifleman #2

2nd section formation
    Spoiler
    Show

Standard Wedge formation (basic diagram below for open area movement)

___________(point - Twitch)___________
    ----------Tiny-------------Ramble-------
    ------Tyrson------Stinky-------Jinks------
    ----------------1st Aid (Reddy)----------

Files for long tight areas
    --------Twitch
    Tiny----------
    --------Ramble
    Tyrson--------
    --------Stinky
    Reddy--------
    --------Jinks

Battle Buddy pairs for Clearing the shanty town
    Tyrson & Jinks
    Twitch & Tiny
    Ramble & Jinks
    Stinky & Reddy

Dragged doc... Frenis knows basics against trolls. Double spacing, shoot from as far as possible at the heart. Beyond that's down to what old vets tell you.

All dvergr wounds reduced to -1 melee, along with awareness for those with blood thickener in them. You have resupplied - grenade counts reset.

Curly grumbles under his breath. "Inherited silver. Don' need to hit heart then." he says, looking pointedly at Poet. "Need distraction, luck. Trolls 'r bad news. Better to keep distance."

You hear the crew officer of the APC then call from his view slits. "We're movin' lads, mount up. Hands on the guns." As he speaks the ramp creeks and lowers, you see other mech. infantry of this company boarding up and down the line. No sooner than you've boarded the whole column starts to move, the ramp rising. It closes with a tombstone's clunk.

((next combat begins tonight, a good few hours away yet.))

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

((This casual conversation is a nice change of pace... I don't think we've had much character interaction outside of "I won't let ya die, buddy!" and "Gimme some cover fire!" ))

"So... They're weak to silver, keep your distance, aim for the heart, and try to distract them?" Frenis arches an eyebrow. "I'll keep that in mind. Anything else? Sorry, but I seem to have forgotten a lot of the basics. I think I've been KOed a few times too many... Heh heh!" the stout Dvergr laughs at his own plight.

5. - Top - End - #245

"Inherited silver, you earsling. More it means to ya the better it works. Not everyone's lucky enough to have that, so iron to the heart will have to do." says Curly

Edited
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-11-23 at 10:57 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

((I'm going to assume that you're talking about an inherited silver weapon or something...

Sorry, but I know more about WWI and stuff than I do Dvergr and Trolls and whatnot. ))

7. - Top - End - #247

((That's Curly having a go at you, not me you goose lol))

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Slip extinguishes his burning cigarette stub against the hull of the APC, which stoicly bears the indignity, and climbs aboard.

Hope yer all warmed up, 'cuz playtime's over. Second line's in Old Town, which is built ta last. Solid stone buildin's, built right inta tha hills-eight inch shell won't move 'em. Many of 'em are built two floors aboveground an' three or four below. We're going ta be clearing a few along tha road. More HMGs, mortars, an' field pieces.

Rebs reported a heavy howitzer in tha area as of four hours ago-no way of knowin' if it's still thar, though I 'spect we'll find out soon enough.

Thar's also s'posed ta be some of our night-fighters holed up somewhere ta tha West-they may have intel.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground

Stinky

Stinky clanks up to the APC and double checks his squad. Good work lads. Rekit and check you rifles. See iff'n you can grab a flare, we may need to blind some of the buggers.

He strip off his googles and hood and stows them as night falls. His bald head shines in the light and the rune tattooed on his head is dark against the pale skin. His eyes are wild in the night. Ahhh, that's a relief. No more of that blasted big orge ball of flame in the sky. Now its time to play. He looks even more insane than before, he seems to expand a little as he lights one of his signature smelly cheap cigars.

As the APC rolls out and the word Troll is bantered about he smiles and swaps out some of his 'nades. [taking another incendiary instead of a mustard]
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-11-24 at 01:09 AM.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

10. - Top - End - #250

((Since the conversation's going along better than usual i'll let it go a bit longer. We're set to go at the drop of a hat, so no hurry.))

While Curly scowls at and educates Frenis some of the relative newcomers to the unit stare at Slip in disbelief. "You really killed trolls? Six trolls?" asks Lifter doubtfully. Hooky gives him a nudge. "I'll vouch for it. He used a machine gun. We all kept the ugly sods busy... Curly, you still got your trophy?" says Hooky. Curly grunts, turning to him. "Sold most of it." he replies. Glancing at Slip he grunts again. "Your kills, you can tell the story." and leans back against the hull, the APC rumbling steadily along.
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-11-24 at 02:24 AM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Yeah, I wanna hear this myself..." Frenis grins.

12. - Top - End - #252

BlackDragon

Poetry

Poetry takes a moment to have his section resuplly and rearm. "Good work lads. Next push is coming up, so be on the ball out there. Heads up and on a swivel, eyeballs peeled."

After setting his squad in order, Poetry took a moment to check his own gear, paying extra attention to his newly acquired axe. If there were trolls out there, then maybe he would get a chance to put dverger steel to them.

Poetry quietly prepared for the next leg of the assualt, his recent combat experiences and the stress of this battle and his leadership position continuing to rob him of the quips and sayings that had earned him his nickname.

13. - Top - End - #253

Tyrson listens intently at the upcoming story after reloading, although his eyes are focused on the city.

((How will nightime effect shot die and etc))
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Slip affects his best impression of a wizened storyteller. It would have helped the effect to have a burning campfire, but that would rpobably not go over so well with the APC crew.

Well, like I said, it was tha last time we came up this way. We had crashed our truck an' had ta hoof it. We cross this stream an' Hooky falls in a fairy ring, poor bastard. While-

I seem to remeber somebody fell in-

Damnit, I'm tellin' tha story.

You're forgetting the part where you went for a sw-

Shaddup, Curly, That's an order.

So, I'm tryin' ta clean tha $#!+ outta my gun an' tha others are tryin' ta get Hooky outta tha ring. We heard 'em 'fore we saw 'em-trolls ain't exactly grapsed tha concept of 'stealth' yet. At this point, we're all carryin' trenchguns an' subguns, 'cept me, who's got tha dual 7.7 from tha plane we shot down earlier-but how that came ta be's a whole 'nother story.

So anyway, we got guns that can't kill a troll, just piss 'im off good an' proper, so we hide-thar were 7 of 'em, if I recall right. But they must've seen something 'cuz they come our way. Then, they see something else off ta their left, stop, blast it wit magic, start fightin' over it-

I threw a rock to distract them.

Is that what it was? I thought it was one of those men. Anyhow, their leader restores order an' they come our way again. Then they get jumped by these incredibly fast black-skinned men. I think we later figured out they were half-air elemental or somethin'. Anyway, men die, a troll or two dies, I finish cleanin' tha gun, an' Ghost orders tha lads ta move up. They blast pointtrolls with thier scatterguns while I aimed at tha biggest, ugliest one o' tha lot and ventilated his chest. I mean, damn, that dual HMG spat more lead 'n this does, patting the barrel of his own light machingun.

So tha leader's eyes go huge, an' then he falls down an' dies. I walked fire over tha other ones, killin' a second troll an injurin' another so he can finished off by a spear while tha lads keep blastin' away at the guys up front. Then Curly comes outta nowhere wit that axe o' his an' cuts one of tha injured troll's hands off. It's blind, 'cuz of all tha shot, but it still ain;t dead an' goes after Curly. I have ta bail 'im out wit tha heavy, which actually had the penetration ta get ta tha heart.

Took you bloody long enough, too.

I had ta drive those crappy bullets all tha way through tha damn thing's torso. If ya had gone ta yer left a bit, I woulda had a clear shot at its heart. So tha trolls are lookin' ready ta run, so I help 'em make tha decision by givin' another one a terminal case of lead poisonin'.

It was at this point I started ta learn firsthand how crappy manling guns are. Tha heavy started ta cook off, an' tha remaining trolls charged. Since they going ta be expended anyway, I gave one o' tha trolls a chest full of bullets. Somebody had remebered they still had their main gun, an' blew tha other one's head off wit his heavy rifle.

That was Weasal. Ghost loaned him the gun.

So tha trolls were all dead, an' I tried ta clear tha jammed gun when tha ^%&*in' round blew up. Hurt like a sonuvabitch. We could hear more fightin' in tha distance, so we followed the men over. I don't really remeber much, 'cept killin' another troll an' tha gun jammed again. This one exploded too, which was how I lost tha finger, holding up his damaged left hand.

I don't remember much else of that skirmish, on account of tryin' ta stop tha bleedin' an' all. Suffice ta say, they died an' we didn't.

Then we engaged a third group. The riflemen went an' flanked while I set up a ways off, so we wouldn't be a target while tryin' ta fix tha miserable little bugger. My view wasn't so good, but I recall one side got blown up wit one of their oversized grenades and tha other got hit by some sort of spell that sucked up everything not rooted down. Frog got swept up, but I was able to put a couple o' rounds right through tha blighter's heart in time.

Then tha stupid gun jammed again, but tha round fell outwhen I took tha ammo drum off. I got it back in place just in time ta see tha last one go down.

An' that's tha story of how I killed six trolls.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Heh heh... Wow..." Frenis grins, shaking his head in awe at the story. "That was quite impressive. If things get hairy, I'll know who to run to when the trolls show up..."

16. - Top - End - #256

PirateCaptain

Speak-Easy

Wow sir, you took down all those Trolls? Heh, we should call you Troll Smasher from now on." Chuckled Speak-Easy, coughing a little at the end.
    I drew this line myself

17. - Top - End - #257

Curly snorts. “The name ‘Slip’s been spot on so far. Snake, see anything?” asks Curly. Snake, Ramble, Lifter and Twitch are on the gun slits, watching the APC’s rear flanks… at least they’re supposed to be.

The APC rumbles steadily along. Looking through slits they saw the last of the slums go by, the vehicle has clambered its way out of the bowl and ran straight through a protruding shack without anyone noticing. The road is narrow now, cut in and clinging to a slope. Extending down below is a valley some 50-100m deep, full of old town’s limestone buildings. The road winds itself around this side of the valley bypassing the low ground entirely, while on the opposite side the dying light of the sun is slowly eaten away as the dark of night clawing up the mountainside.

You all feel it. Night is coming. Even in this twilight the sun’s oppressive scatter of energies begins to abate, and there is a great stirring in the air. Lightning cracks in the sky above briefly lighting the valley, its thunder rolls down through metal and bones. The wind is picking up; you can hear it howl.

18. - Top - End - #258

Stinky

Stinky thumps and bumps along quietly, looking more frightful and alive as the darkness falls.

Spoiler
    Show

SF Hand - 3 frag, 1 manfear, 2 incendiary,
    Rifle -4 frag, 2 shaped

Are there flares to be had in the APC?
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-11-24 at 05:10 PM.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

19. - Top - End - #259

BlackDragon

Poetry

Night falling seemed to jog Poetry from his relatively quiet state, as a saying rattled down out off storage and into concious thought. "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls." he said, his voice a low rumble.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Through fear and death..." Frenis' narrows his eyes, and tightens his grip on his rifle, "We Dvergr will press on. It will take more than a dark night and some noisy wind to stop us, right lads?"

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Slip looks utterly unconcerned. Sounds like tha storm's movin' in, he observes.

22. - Top - End - #262

The Doc is Back!

Doc Turtlemurdered

The Doc sighed, and relaxed for a bit. He'd gotten everyone as well patched-up as possible, and it was time to relax, and catch up with the proceedings. He sipped from his hip flask, out of habit more than anything, and listened quietly to the others.

23. - Top - End - #263

There's another boom. No light this time, oddly. Instead after a second or two there's a roar of air like a freight train hurtling toward your vehicle.
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-11-24 at 09:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm... Does 'Know:Magic' apply for troll knowledge?

Know Magic - (1d20+8)[18]
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-11-24 at 10:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Frick."

Spoiler
    Show

Um... Okay, what rolls can I do to help me here?

Awareness: (1d20+15)[23]
    Hang on for Dear Life: (1d20)[2] to brace myself or something
    Know Magic: (1d20)[18] to maybe know what I'm about to get killed by
    Use Rope: (1d20+10)[26] to grab onto a safety rope or something that might be on the ceiling

Uh... Anything else?

Nope, can't think of anything. Onward toward destiny I doth go!

26. - Top - End - #266

((Go the panicked "Roll everything!" reaction... lol))

Curly is just shouting warning when there’s a thunderous boom that overwhelms all other sound as the APC rises violently several meters into the air and drops it’s left side down like a bucking animal. The whole vehicle begins sliding suddenly and roughly downhill. Roll D20 to hang on, this is rough – you’re all badly jarred and on a 15+ manage to hold onto your seat as the big and cumbersome vehicle sleuths downhill.

27. - Top - End - #267

BlackDragon

Poetry

Alerted by the strange booming noise, Poetry had just been about to askw hat was going on when the APC was hurled violently through the air. Cursing and spitting, he tried to hold on.

(1d20)[19]

28. - Top - End - #268

Tyrson kept his jaw slack and braced himself as the APC slid.

Hang on - (1d20)[16]
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

29. - Top - End - #269

Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, snap.

Does tumble apply to this?

Tumble - (1d20+1)[20]

EDIT: Oh well, got a 19 anyway.

Doc Turtlemurdered

The Doc grabbed onto his seat reflexively, and stayed firmly attached until they landed.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-11-24 at 10:19 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

((Don't I have points in climb? Climbing involves grabbing and hanging onto things, right? Could I add those points if I roll horribly? ))

Hang on for Dear Life: (1d20)[19]

Edit: Phew, nevermind...
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2008-11-24 at 10:33 PM.