New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Ye Old Adventure (Freeform) (IC)

OOC Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95771

History Law: (Forgot about this one). Feel free to build up your character (Personality, background, etc') as the game progresses. Also, feel free to write references to the game world (Culture, history, and the like). As long as you don't go overboard, everything you write will be true.
    Example: "You know, in my country, Goblins are treated as equals!".

Gear Law: (Another one I forgot). In order to simplify the game, you all have basic gear in your invisible backpacks. There is no need for a list of items, so if you need or want something small that you believe most travelers have (Dried meat, a small waterskin, torch, but not Plate Armor or TNT), you most probably have it. Just write "I open my backpack and take out ____" and you have it. However, if I explicitly post you lack something (Such as food), you no longer have it in your backpack.

Posting: I will try to update the game once every two days, regardless of how many people post. However, during conversations, or if enough people have already posted, I will update as fast as I can.

----------------------------

The city of Artep, once a bustling trade city, built directly at a crossroads between two continents, was under siege for the last 3 months by the nomads from the southern deserts.
    Everybody were levied for the war effort. Men from the ages of 15 to 50 were taken from their families, given a spear or a bow and a hasty training, and ordered to the walls. Women and children, those that weren't put together with the men to fill in as replacements, were put to work, moving what little supplies were left, putting out fires, and caring for the sick and wounded.
    All the High Wizards were either dead or fled to another city, while the little Clerics that remained were ordered to use all their magical powers to keep the enemy away from the city.
    Nobody saw them coming. An endless wave of man and beast swept over the two great empires of the east, taking city by city, never stopping. After taking all the surrounding settlements, the nomads, calling themselves the Baras, put the great city under siege and continued north-west, towards the Inner Sea.
    For 3 months the city held, fending off wave after wave. But now, the wait was over. Whether it was their bloodlust or some need to continue west, the Baras assembled their entire army and moved in.
    The men were already waiting on the walls.
    "Ready your weapons!" said the captain with a raise of his hand. Those of you at the back rows took an arrow out and aimed at the sky. The rest leveled their spears.
    "Loose!"
    And it began. Before the archers were able to ready another volley, enemy ladders were already on the walls. A battering ram was closing in on the main gate, while siege towers were slowly making their way to the western and eastern walls.
    Flaming arrows started to rain over the defenders and the attacking soldiers going up the ladders. A huge rock crashed against a nearby Round Tower, killing the men and destroying one of the three catapults.
    "Somebody go up there and men those siege engines!"

-----------------------

Since this is the first post, I'll list you the options available to you:
    - You are on the front walls, part of the levied soldiers. Some of you (As in, choose what you have) have bows, while the rest have spears. In case you were wondering, no, you do not have armor.
    - You can continue to shoot/ fend off in coming soldiers (From the ladders).
    - Get off the walls and do something about the ram.
    - Run across the walls into the tower and men the catapults.
    - Run away into the city
    - Go to the eastern or western walls to help against the siege towers
    - Anything else you might think of (For example, try to destroy the ladders, or go help with the main gate, or find the commander and ask him if there's a secret door out of the city. As long as it's believable and rational, you can do anything. Remember that).

Also, this might not be obvious, so consider this another Law I forgot: You don't have to move together as a group. Try not to go alone, though. As long as you're in the same general area, or 'scene', you can do anything.

P.S: If I've made any grammar mistakes or story mistakes, I apologize. This was done in a hurry so you could start playing.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Ye Old Adventure (Freeform) (IC)

As Dios dodged the incoming incoming enemies who had scaled the walls with their ladders, he charged a group of humans that had justed landed on the wall and had yet to get their barrings. With his spear facing them, he skewered three of them upon it before he let go and let them fall to the ground, bleeding to death. Wiping the blood and sweat of his brow with his left hand, he pulled out a dagger with his right. His leather clothing was soaked with sweat and blood, as he had been defending the wall for several hours. Making sure his wide brimmed hat was securely on, he went towards the nearest enemy human, and stabbed him in the throat, and wondered why he was serving on the front lines of the battle.

'I'm was a witch hunter, not a soldier damn it,' though Dios, as he pulled his dagger from the enemies throat. However, with his back turned, he was attacked from behind by and enemy human, who swung a sword at his back. He tripped however, on the spear that had skewered his allies before him, and barely managed to hit Dios. Luckily for him, his leather clothing was hard enough to deflect the blow. The attack did, however, send him to his ffet, and when he looked up, he saw a dwarf.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

An arrow sliced through the air, hitting the dwarf in the eye. A single bowman stood out among the troops, with his bright purple robes and wildly shaking hands. Quivering, he drew another arrow from the quiver on his back.

What am I doing here? I'm a wizard, dammit! Not some bloody peasant archer! This is just a waste of my arcane talents! Oh, just missed another one. Damn, was that one of our own I hit? I'm of no use here. I think I'll find a better way to use my skills...

The purple clad fool ran into the fray, wildly dodging swords slung at him and cursing all the while. After evading another blow that nearly hit him, he took out an arrow and rammed it into the neck of his assailant as he was busy with the spearmen on the wall.

That's right, Easterner, die!

The wizard laughed loudly as the blood sprayed his face. What was he doing here? This wasn't his war. He didn't care about this city. He didn't care about these people.

He ducked, checking the Easterner for items and robbing him of his gear. In a feat of luck he spotted a lost spear of one of his fallen comrades.

A staff! Great, just what I needed!

Inventory
    Spoiler
    Show
    Purple robes
    Trademark purple bolarhat with questionmark
    Quiver with arrows
    Bow
    Magical backpack with common items
    Nomad's gear
    Spear ("Staff")

Notes:
    1. MrE isn't actually a wizard, he just thinks he is. The most he can conjure up are some sparks at his fingertips.
    2. What weapons do the enemies carry?
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-11-06 at 06:03 PM.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

4. - Top - End - #4

PirateCaptain

Blockhead ran across the westen wall, laddars crashing against the edge of the wall as he ran. He was a craftsman, not a soldier and he was livid at the fact the makeshift army were equipped with such shoddy and second-hand arms. Arrows flew by him and Blockhead began to see the first couple of men and beast reaching the top of the assault ladders. Just feet from the tower, a small, bony man hopped over the wall, having made the perilous climb on the wooden ladder and charged at Blockhead. Blockhead dodged to the side, still running and punched the man in the gut, knocking the wind out of him as an allied soldier moved to engage the attacker. Entering the tower and making his way up the spiral staircase, Blockhead reached the catapult team, prepairing a rather large boulder. "Need a hand there lads?" Asked Blockhead. The team hastily nodded and accepted the Dwarfs help. Heaving the large boulder into the wicker basket, Blockhead awaited the mechanism to be fire.
    I drew this line myself

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Fanboy dodged to , and fro as a barrage of arrows from the near by siege tower came rushign at his unit he himself leaning nimbly back as he saw a arrow whisk pass his face, and spear the man behind him sqaure in the brain pan. thus taking out the shoddily made long bow, and knocking one of his fathers expertly crafted Arrows made from the branches of the lone olive tree back at his home in the forest He sent it kreening at the hinges of the Siege tower piecring the wodden hinge, and causing the door to fly open under the weight of the armored swordsmen pressing against it thirsty for the blood of their enemies.
    Yet more, and more siege came, and time, and time again he attempted to aid the soldiers, but his bow, and arrow were simply not enough to handle these mighty engines of war.
    Thus instead of relying on his skills of archery he instead went to the ladders picking up a curved eastern scmitar as he went testing it with a few expert twirls, and slash across a enemy stomach.
    (Marty stu there at the begining, but hey I posted that it was general fial from there on.)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Lord Xavius stood upon the wall, firing a steady but kinda innacurate hail of arrows upon the besiegers.
    This is not what I am supposed to do!, the elf mumbled as he took another arrow from his makeshift quiver. I am no fighting man!

As he said that, he narrowly doged an incoming projectile, and fell backwards as a result, his quiver breaking and his arrows clattering all over the wall. With an annoyed string of elven words, he picked up the arrows and continued to fire.

This is not what I am supposed to do!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

W.K. Worthington the Seventh - that's the name he currently used, anyway - stood at the back, clutching a spear, cursing the ill fate that had led him here. He wasn't a warrior - that wasn't his place in the grand scheme of things. He fought with words and promises. He was a gentleman, by all the Dark Lords! and here he was in some greasy little mud-pit trying to fend off a bunch of Godsforsaken savages.

With another muffled curse as an arrow whizzed past his ear, W.K. looked about for an escape route.

8. - Top - End - #8

Magtok, being about as yellow on the inside as he is green on the outside, isn't too keen on staying on the front lines. He clutches his head and shudders for a moment, before a loud battle cry from right behind him shakes him out of it. With a terrified leap, Maggy whirls around and shove the enemy with the flat end of his spear, sending the poor soul tumbling, along with the ladder he was climbing.

A few arrows shoot by, and the goblin quickly decides to act on his terror, deciding that now is the time to hide behind someone skilled, who hopefully knows what they're doing. That one over there, the purple wizard guy (E. Nigma) seems a decent candidate, and so the scaly green combatant scurries away to aid him.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

The purple clad wizard swung his staff about, knocking out one of the Nomads. It was getting busy on the wall, as more and more attackers crawled onto it.

What am I even doing here? Nigma though as he plunged his spear into the guts of a fallen Nomad.

A sword whizzed past his ear, and Nigma felt obliged to duck again. His bolarhat was almost knocked off by another attacker, but he was soon enough distracted by some of the other soldiers.

As he ducked Nigma found himself face to face with a goblin. An ugly one at that.

"Oh god!" he shrieks, jumping back and knocking over one of his own men, "You scared the life out of me!"
    Another arrow missed him by an inch.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-11-06 at 06:17 PM.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

As Fanboy was to fighting on the Battlements swinging his blade, and basicly surviving rather than kicking total ass, and as of right now he was struggling with a very burly lookingt easterner when he just gave up on the shield, and with a scream of "OH, F*** THIS!", and with a hard sharp kick he sent the man to the ground..."Tghat was just dirty" *wumph*

11. - Top - End - #11

BardGuy

As Dios looked up at the dwarf, he rolled to his side, and quickly stood up, ready for anything. Looking around for a worthy enemy, he saw that a man in purple clothing was about to get attacked. Acting quickly, Dios put his knife away, and pullaed out the sword he normally reserved for executing Witxhes and heretics, Wychbane, and charged the would be attacker, taking the foe's head off.

12. - Top - End - #12

Drums, a small and stout dwarf of little less then middle age, finds himself at odds at what to do, until the shout for the siege engines needed manned. Trying to move as quickly as his small little legs could take him with his spear in hand. He then thought to himself I'm a craftsman and a merchant. What am I doing on the walls?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

"Seriously, you can't just sneak up on-"

There was a crunchy cleaving sound behind Edward and a splash as a big streak of red tainted his purple robes. He turned to see the headless body of an Easterner, bleeding on him. Some fellow with a sword was standing over the corpse, while fending off another attacker.

A sword? Where did he get a sword? I thought all they had in the armory were spears and bows! Not that I want a sword, but still, these damn politics. Must be some rich kid who got his daddy to get him a sword anyways. There must be some awesome stuff still out there, in the city... And everyone's down here...

The wizard grinned. He then followed it up with a loud cackle and ran down the stairs and into the city.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:

MrEdwardNigma: These are soldiers in battle. They carry nothing but weapons and armor. Assuming you're not going to drag behind you any sort of armor, you only took the weapon/s. This can be a spear, knife, sword and shield (small or round shield, not a huge one).
    Also, nice continuation with Baxter and that dwarf.

--------------------

Another Siege Tower stopped at the western wall and dropped its door against the wall floor, cracking the stone. At once, the Baras began storming out against the weakening defenders.
    Noticing the new threat, Fanboy raised his blade and charged the attackers. One by one the defenders killed them, slowly driving them back into the tower, when suddenly a load roar echoed out. Some of the nomads stopped fighting, while others dropped their weapons and ran into the defenders, oblivious to any wounds caused as they ran past the defenders' spears.
    As Fanboy peered inside the tower, he saw two great red eyes glaring at him. Again the thing roared, throwing a huge battle axe that nearly beheaded the man.
    Just as the thing took a step forward, a large shadow came over the area. Looking up, the defenders could see a huge round rock crash against the siege tower, toppling it to the ground. The laughter of two dwarves echoed across the battlefield.
    Fanboy, however, did not have time to figure out what happened, as soon a new threat rose to challange the defenders.
    "Cannon balls!" Someone screamed.

Blockhead and Drums picked up another rock in preparations for the next attack as a new group of human Bowmen came from the stairs. "Dwarves, are you in charge here?" Said their sergeant. "We're here to help. There were sightings of-", before he could finish, two large talons dug into his head and picked him up into the air.
    "Harpies!" One of the Bowmen said. "Quickly" He ordered the men. "Put the fire brazier over there. Grab a bow" He said, throwing the two dwarves and other humans the extra bows he was carrying.

Nigma ran down the stairs and into the streets, leaving his squad behind. Looking around, he spotted a warehouse and something shiny inside. Smiling, he ran towards the door when he heard a load screech from above and a sudden pain in his shoulders. Looking up, he saw a hideous creature with brown-black wings carrying him off the ground. (OOC: I'll let you decide in which direction and above what, so you're free to do or escape or not escape or whatever).

Magtok, Baxter and Xavius saw the captain of the front walls running to them. "You! What are you doing here, you're already supposed to be down at the gates! Quickly, before-". But it was too late. A hard splitting sound was heard across the battlefield as the ram finally breached the main gate.
    Cursing, the captain looked at you with fierce eyes. "Go, make sure they do not enter the city. Go!".
    Far in the back lines of the enemy, a war horn ordered the cavalry to charge. "To the breach in the western wall" Their captain ordered. "To the main gate. Take the city! Leave non alive!".

All the mean while, Whiteknight looked around him, searching for a way out. Aside from entering deeper into the city, he noticed a part of the wall, not too far away, turned to rubble, creating a nice path downward. Only problem was, it led straight into the enemy soldiers.
    Still looking around, he heard a scream coming from above. Looking at the sky, he saw a man dressed in purple robes struggling against the grasp of a Harpy.

Fanboy opened his eyes and saw nothing but blood and bodies around him. He was still on the western wall. He remembered running towards the front wall when something hit him in the head (OOC: Rubble stone :P). Getting up, he put a hand on his aching head and saw he was but 5 feet from the blasted part of the western wall.
    Then he heard that roar again. Throwing small stones in all directions, a huge Minotaur burst out of the rubble and looked at Fanboy. It roared again, a Battle Axe in hand, and charged.

-----------------

OOC: In case you were wondering, there are already spear men and the like (Those that used the ram and those around it, archers, and all that) storming the main gate.

P.S: MrEdwardNigma: I will usually answer those kind of questions in the OOC part of my updates.

Everybody: Sorry if you feel left out of my update. It's just how my writing goes. I just pick one/several of you randomly and start the update. I always, however, as you can see, present something new before your character. Remember, though- If you try to do something (Like, for example, MrEdwardNigma and his running into the city), I have to reply to what you do :P.
    Last edited by Goglas; 2008-11-07 at 04:54 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

PirateCaptain

OOC: Gah! Ninja!

The catapult fired it's payload of boulder and the heavy rock projectile slammed into a particularly nasty looking thing. The catapult was quickly being reloaded and Blockhead grabbed another large boulder and hoisted it into position. A gruff voice caused Blockhead to turn around just in time enough for him to see two great talons sweep over him, carrying the screaming form of a Sergeant. Another man threw Blockhead a bow. Blockhead looked at the bow and his brow furried at the absolute lack of bow knowledge. Putting the bow down, he ran over to the flaming brazier and dragged it hurriedly into place, then resumed the catapult loading activies.

Blockhead sorely hoped for some kind of rifle. He had always enjoyed hunting game with his trusty rifle, but unfortunetly that wasn't here right now.
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-07 at 04:52 PM.
    I drew this line myself

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Nigma felt the harpy's claws digging into his shoulders, just when he had met the prospect of acquiring some valuable goods illegally.

"Damn you!" he yelled, stabbing his spear into the harpy's chest. The creature screeched and flapped it's wings wildly, but they lost height disturbingly rapidly. It hadn't been a very smart thing to do, but Nigma wasn't... Well, he wasn't conventionally intelligent. He could come up with the most complicated schemes and solve the hardest puzzles, but when he didn't bother thinking he tended to end up in situations like this. Crashing down, rapidly, with as his only future prospects a very solid looking pavement.

Luckily, the harpy let go, probably realising that she didn't want to slow down the purple bastard's fall by carrying him, nor to speed herself up. It was a pity for her that Nigma was still holding that spear. He slung himself on top of the creature and yanked her head hard, sending her towards a wizard's tower. Together they crashed in through the window, which, regretably, wasn't open at the time.

Nigma emerged from the pile of rubble he had created and dusted himself off. Then he recovered his spear by breaking off the tip that was stuck in the harpy's corpse.

"Well, that turned out rather alright, didn't it? Thanks for the ride, doll"

Inventory
    Spoiler
    Show
    Purple robes
    Trademark purple bolarhat with questionmark
    Quiver with arrows
    Bow
    Magical backpack with common items
    Nomad sword
    Small round nomadstyle shield
    Staff with splintered end

17. - Top - End - #17

Sorries, mister wizard, I wasn't tryings to-

And then E. Nigma ran off, laughing like a loon. Maggy takes a moment to congratulate himself on his wonderful choice to hide behind the superior skill of that crazy nut, and decides to go along with what the captain said. Maybe there'll be enough smelly humans to hide behind over there.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

((Heh, sorry, Magtok, the wizard hasn't got a very long attention span, I guess))

19. - Top - End - #19

BardGuy

"Huh," was all Dios could say, as he watched the wierd purple clothed man get picked up by a harpy. He listened to the captains orders and ran towards the the breach and wall, but not before saying to the other person that was standing near the crazy man and saying, "I'm Dois. Stick with me if you want to live, and I may figure out a way to win this while I'm at."

20. - Top - End - #20

The goblin salutes him, hoping this human wouldn't go and do something stupid like the last one.

Whatevers you says, sirs, whatever you says. They calls me Maggot, Maggy, and Magtok. Can'ts remember which ones is my name, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2008-11-07 at 08:00 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

21. - Top - End - #21

BardGuy

"Whatever," Dios said rashly. "You got any weapons?"

22. - Top - End - #22

I has my spear, mister Dios. Will that-

The goblin ducks as an arrow sails by.

-do?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

23. - Top - End - #23

BardGuy

Dios smiler under his wide brimmed hat, and said, "Yeah, that could work." He then had the goblin get his back the get a ride, an dcharged the invaders who had breached the wall. His sword swinging, while the goblin attacked those that got too close with his pear.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Fanboy hearing the scream of "Cannon balls" nearly crapped himself as he ran. He had bravery, and valour, but demons, and cannons were not a soldiers place to stand against!
    Thus Sir fanboy bravely turned around, and fled. Turned his valourus tail, and fled back to the walls, and thus his he hung his head in the the bravest shame that ever had been. (Monty python reference.)

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Shrugging, Xavius nevertheless decided to follow the captain's orders, and joined company with the other two, staying close behind them. As he ran, he unsheated his ceremonial dagger from his belt, cursed a little at the fact that it was not really made for combat, put it back, and instead readied his bow.

((OOC: In case you were wondering, Xavius is dressed much like his night elven form is in my signature, and I don't mean the one with the grand admiral's uniform.))
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2008-11-08 at 09:32 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

The wizard put on a kettle in the tower and started to make himself a cup of tea. He also snatched one of the sausages hung from the ceiling and started munching on it.

"Let's see what old mister wizard left lying around when he died"

Nigma started rummaging around in the wizard's old dusty coffers and shelves.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:
    Lord Xavius: First you wrote you'd follow the captain's orders, which are to go to the gate, and then wrote you're following the other two, who are going to the breach in the western wall. My assumption in this update is that you go with the other two.

Lord Magtok: Just to make it clear, you're with Baxter on the same horse.
    --------------------

With the humans preoccupied with the Harpies, Blockhead was the only one to still use the Catapults.
    He released the mechanism, sending another payload against the Baras army, destroying a Ballista and crushing some men under the huge rock.
    Ducking a pair of talons, the Dwarf was just about to pick up the next stone as the entire tower shook, causing one of the humans to fall to the ground with a scream.

Fanboy ran with everything he had left. He was already slowing down as he made the turn and arrived to the front walls, and the arrows came at him again. Trying to avoid the fighting on the wall between the defenders and the Baras, he quickly made his way to a round tower.
    The Minotaur was still charging after him, pushing both nomads and levies off the wall in his passing.
    Seeing his prey almost getting out of its reach, the monster roared and lowered its head, planning on thrusting one of its horns into Fanboy's back.
    The man jumped through the entrance and quickly closed the door behind him. Unfortunately for him, the door was made of simple wood. Luckily, however, the Minotaur was too big to enter through, and banged his head against the stone walls of the tower, shaking it.
    Fanboy ran up the stairs, huffing and puffing. Coming out, he heard someone cry out 'Duck!'. He dropped to the floor just as a Harpy was about to grab him. Looking up, he saw a few humans shooting at the Harpies, and a Dwarf running to the edge of the tower and looking down at the Minotaur.
    A ladder rose up and banged against the edges of the tower.

The purple wizard, after putting a kettle on a small everburning flame he found, put what he believed to be herbs to make tea into a small cup. Grabbing a sausage (OOC: Ha! A sausage in a Wizard Tower. Love it) from the ceiling, he took a bite when a shiny thing in a half-open chest caught his eye. He smiled and walked over to the chest. Putting his hand on the chest, he was just about to fully open it when a loud, high pitched voice came from behind one of the doors. "See, my lord! I told you at least one of them stayed!" Said a small, thin man dressed in a black robe.
    Next to him stood a woman clad in full plate armor and a red cape. The woman walked towards Nigma and turned him about. "Yes, so one of the High Wizards has indeed stayed! What happened to your shoulders? That looks painful".
    Before Nigma could answer, the black robed man pointed towards the broken window with a fearful gaze. "My Lord, look!"
    "What? So the Wizard has killed a Harpy, so..." But then she stopped. Half walking, half pushing Nigma with her, the Lord stood over the broken glass and looked towards the western breach.

Baxter was barely able to stop his horse over the rubble of the western breach (OOC: Remember, you are all nobodies. You may or may not know how to ride a horse, but nevertheless, riding a horse in battle is a different matter. I'm not going to give you a penalty over this, but please remember- You're free to have small talents, like shooting a rifle or riding, but it's not like you've ever been to battle). Surveying the area, he saw not too far away hundreds of Baras cavalry charging the breach. Unable to position himself amongst the spearmen who were readying themselves for the attack, he decided to charge the enemy (OOC: I know this isn't exactly what you meant, but I'm just trying to make it more epic. Go with it :P).
    After a few seconds, he heard a blood-thirsty cheer coming from behind him. He and the Goblin looked, and saw a man on a horse riding with them, aiming his bow at the enemy (OOC: That's you, Lord Xavius). Behind him, dozens of horsemen charged, waving their weapons in the air. They were all dressed in heavy armor, including the horses.
    The two armies screamed for blood, and crashed against each other.

"My Heavy Horsemen!" The Lord said. "What the hell do they think they're doing?! They're going to defeat the Baras cavalry with five dozen men?!".
    A loud hissing sound came from behind the three, and the thin man and Lord jumped in surprise.
    "A kettle?" Asked the thin man.

Xavius' horse jumped on his back legs as a spear penetrated his chest, and fell to the ground.
    Xavius was able to get his leg out from under the horse just as the thing hit the ground. He rolled to the side, almost crushed beneath the hooves of one of his allies, and took out his dagger. Suddenly, he heard a voice. "Lord Xavius, grab my hand, quickly!"
    The Elf (OOC: Xavius, to those who don't know) saw one of the heavy horseman that was charging behind him reach out his hand to him, trying to avoid sword slashes and spear thrusts.

----------------

OOC:
    Xavius: Just to make sure you're not reading too much into this, it's just some dude reaching out to you, calling you "Lord Xavius". So don't try to command the cavalry now :P

MrEdwardNigma: Water's ready!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Nigma was flattered. Finally some people who recognised his genius! No way these fine fellows would have placed him out there with nothing but a bow to defend himself from the barbarian hordes. He took another bite of the sausage. Still, refined as they might be, they had some lessons to learn on proper etiquette.

"Who let you in here?" he asked, making some overly dramatical gestures. He wasn't quite pleased to be pulled away from his shiny chest and towards the window. He really had to nail that thing shut sometime soon, or more harpies might come through.

"Look, this is all fine and dandy, but I was sort of in the middle of something here. I was making tea!"

The wizard wrenched himself from the clutches of the pair and went over to the kettle, pouring some of the tea into a cup.

((Wait, the woman is called the Lord?))

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: Yup, the woman is the Lord. Didn't want to call her Lady, and didn't want her to have any higher noble rank, so Lord seemed to fit. Also, as long as no one else replies, I'll be updating as fast as I can.

-------------------

"What do you mean who let me in here? I'm the Lord, you...", but she stopped, shaking her head. "Listen, forget about the tea, and go do something about my Heavy Horsemen! They are getting slaughtered!"

Nigma, in the mean time, finished making his tea, which turned out with an orange-purple color and the smell of honey, which gave Nigma pause as to whether drinking the tea was a good idea, or a bad one.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

With his sharp elven senses, Xavius quickly reacted to the suggestion and reached out with his own hand.