New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dish's Delightfully Deranged and Deliciously Deliquent Random Banter # 106

One of the many problems is recycling the same few frames while they talk. So annoying. And the amount of repetition increases over time.

EDIT:
    I am hoping for greater deeds from Sakura in the Chunin exam arc.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wouldn't count on that ever happening.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2008-11-16 at 04:38 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #752
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Dish's Delightfully Deranged and Deliciously Deliquent Random Banter # 106

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
    HABEEB IT!
    So.
    Is Asume good lookin' in the anime/manga, as well?
    *Is actually such a perv, oh the shame*
    Shame? at what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

I've started watching Pokémon Battle Dimension lately, I think it's slightly better than the first series but sometimes the characters are unbelievably stupid, it's like a group of Peter Petrelli's.

Some of the pokémon are cool though.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

I read the Naruto manga up to... around 9 or 10, then a) It was more and more expensive to buy them myself and my friend (whom I would borrow books off) stopped reading the series and b) I became disinterested as that arc closed. I got to the end of the first round of exam fight thingies. It was fairly good, but some of the characters were so annoying.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

I was told the Naruto Manga was actually good in comparison to the Animé. I wondered if it was worth reading at all, though...

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay! I'm back!
    I returned home this weekend where I don't have Internet.
    It was nice though. Too bad I didn't have any luck when I was hunting deer this morning though.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Troll in the Playground

Deer hunting? Huh. I never thought I would "meet" someone who liked D&D and deer hunting. (Not that I hunt.) I guess you learn something new every day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Banned

RedSorcererGirl

i hit a deer on my way home from the range yesterday. i pulled a mozambique drill on it. it is still next to the road. the county won't pick it up until monday.

9. - Top - End - #759

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Deer hunting? Huh. I never thought I would "meet" someone who liked D&D and deer hunting. (Not that I hunt.) I guess you learn something new every day!
    What? Deer taste good. Hmm... I hope my uncle brings some to thanksgiving this year... Been too long since I've had some venison. I'd probably hunt myself if conditions were otherwise (I'm pretty leery of the people in the area I live in as it is without weapons and being in the wilderness being added into the equation)

Quote Originally Posted by reorith View Post
    i hit a deer on my way home from the range yesterday. i pulled a mozambique drill on it. it is still next to the road. the county won't pick it up until monday.
    What's a Mozambique drill? And you should count yourself lucky as long as no bits and pieces of it got lodged into your car. A friend of the family hit a deer and the car was fine except they couldn't get the smell of deer ribs out of the car... They were lucky it didn't get stuck in the engine block since it was embedded in there pretty good.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2008-11-17 at 12:45 AM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    it's like a group of Peter Petrelli's.
    It must be really stupid, then... Sad to hear that.
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

And remember
    Ford F150 beats Cow.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy View Post
    It must be really stupid, then... Sad to hear that.
    Hey, I liked Peter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, I liked Peter!
    He'd be okay if he had a brain for Sylar to steal. Don't get me wrong, I just think he's really, really stupid. But that's a discussion for another thread...
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

14. - Top - End - #764
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Hey, I liked Peter!
    Yeah, but I found him to be the cheapest character ever. I mean... I can do anything as long as that person whose power I'm copying is nearby" works fine. "I can do anything all the time"?

Note: I've only watched Season 1.

15. - Top - End - #765

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Yeah, but I found him to be the cheapest character ever. I mean... I can do anything as long as that person whose power I'm copying is nearby" works fine. "I can do anything all the time"?

Note: I've only watched Season 1.
    Well, y'know, he's the good to Sylar's evil and everyone knows that good is dumb and evil sees itself as the next step in human evolution so it eliminates all potential mates.
    Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #766

I have come to the conclusion that my body hates me sleeping on a Sunday. Last night, on two separate occasions I smashed into the wall; once into my shoulder (it still hurts now) and once into the left side of my nose and eye socket.
    Also still hurting.
    Couldn't get to sleep after the last one.
    Oh, and 'somehow' my body contrived to nearly fall out of the bed and I lost my duvet, meaning I woke up cold.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

17. - Top - End - #767

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that my body hates me sleeping on a Sunday. Last night, on two separate occasions I smashed into the wall; once into my shoulder (it still hurts now) and once into the left side of my nose and eye socket.
    Also still hurting.
    Couldn't get to sleep after the last one.
    Oh, and 'somehow' my body contrived to nearly fall out of the bed and I lost my duvet, meaning I woke up cold.
    I think that makes you one of the first people who I've heard of getting out of bed on not only the wrong side but in the wrong way in awhile...
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #768
    Banned

I got out of bed and showered and dressed within 5 minutes. A new record!

...And now my 9AM lecture is over I don't have anything until 2PM... Guess I'll huff some paint or something.

19. - Top - End - #769

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    I got out of bed and showered and dressed within 5 minutes. A new record!
    Sir, I applaud you. How did you ever accomplish such a daring feat?

Also, why not have a cup of tea?

@V: Planning ahead, eh? I wouldn't have even have thought to have showered if I'd already done it the night before. interesting approach. Hope you used the extra time to ingest some kind of nutrient-rich food-substance.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2008-11-17 at 05:48 AM.
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #770
    Banned

Well, the alarm went off at 8, and I switched it off before it made its first annoy-as-hell beep and quickly showered using my en suite shower. I had showered and washed my hair before sleeping, so I wasn't in much need of cleansing so it didn't take long. Then I dried myself off using a towel-like device, arcane in nature, quickly donning my apparel and then waiting for about 40 minutes before I needed to go anywhere.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

...And now my 9AM lecture is over I don't have anything until 2PM... Guess I'll huff some paint or something.
    "Maud, get me ma student-whumping crossbow! There's one o' thum dirty soap dodgers sniffing at the paint cans in the shed again. We's got to skin it and hang its pelt up to keep the others away from the bins."
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-11-17 at 05:55 AM.

22. - Top - End - #772

Quote Originally Posted by Griever View Post
    integral((x^2+y^2)dx + (2xy)dy) over C where C is the quarter circle x^2 + y^2 = 1 from (1,0) to (0,1).
    I've lost track, have you done this yet?
    Line integrals, it's been a while...

Off the top of my head, don't you just substitute in? Hmm, integral of 2(1-y2)1/2y could be a problem, so maybe not...
    On the other hand, the dx one if you substitute in is just 1 dx, so that's fine.

Damnit, I should know this, It's going to bug me all day now...
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

No! The maths! They return!

Quickly, someone, do something stupid to distract everyone from the maths!

<.<
    >.>

*Hides Arsenic supply in soy sauce"

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

*tackles Phase and checks to see if he's ticklish*

25. - Top - End - #775
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post

Off the top of my head, don't you just substitute in? Hmm, integral of 2(1-y2)1/2y could be a problem, so maybe not...
    On the other hand, the dx one if you substitute in is just 1 dx, so that's fine.

Well, you can do that one by substitution though, can't you? But is that the right way of doing things? I mean, I got -2sin(cos^-1y), which seems a little odd... I'm not so sure the question was properly stipulated. Unless I did something wrong, which seems likely considering.

But what are you actually integrating here? An integral like this probably shouldn't occur if you're doing something you're supposed to be doing is my reckoning.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-11-17 at 06:50 AM.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Sir, I applaud you. How did you ever accomplish such a daring feat?
    Obviously he showered in bed while he was dressing!

Also, I´ve just read a 362 paged book for dutch literature in a three day span.
    Which I think is quite good, since I usually don´t like books that I need to read for literature....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

27. - Top - End - #777
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Griever
    integral((x^2+y^2)dx + (2xy)dy) over C where C is the quarter circle x^2 + y^2 = 1 from (1,0) to (0,1).

2(1-y2)1/2y dy = -u1/2du, where u = 1-y2.

More simply:
    Set x = cos(t), y = sin(t); dx/dt = -y, dy/dt = x; the integral reduces to
    (2x2-1)dx between 0 and 1.
    They call me fighter, They call me wizard,
    That's not my class! That's not my class!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue! View Post
    He's the best commoner ever!

28. - Top - End - #778

Well, you can do that one by substitution though, can't you? But is that the right way of doing things? I mean, I got -2sin(cos^-1y), which seems a little odd... I'm not so sure the question was properly stipulated. Unless I did something wrong, which seems likely considering.

But what are you actually integrating here? An integral like this probably shouldn't occur if you're doing something you're supposed to be doing is my reckoning.
    IIRC, the way my 1st year differential equations lecturer explained it was: Consider a curve (In this case, the quarter circle x2+y2=1 from (1,0) to (0,1)). Now imagine you are suddenly in 3D. A surface extends up from that 2D curve. The top of that surface can be defined by another function. This is the function you're integrating on the curve.
    My 2nd year vector calculus lecturer gave a different explanation of it which I'll try to remember.

Returning to the original question, if C includes the straight lines along the axes as well, then it's closed and we can therefore invoke Green's Theorem, leaving a double integral which I could probably do, though putting it into polar co-ordinates would probably be a good idea at that point.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by unstattedCommoner View Post
    2(1-y2)1/2y dy = -u1/2du, where u = 1-y2.
    Hm. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by unstattedCommoner View Post
    More simply:
    Set x = cos(t), y = sin(t); dx/dt = -y, dy/dt = x; the integral reduces to
    (2x2-1)dx between 0 and 1.
    Just clarify for me how you got from the first line to the second there?
    Last edited by Thufir; 2008-11-17 at 07:17 AM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

So, last night I had the best dream ever.

I dreamed that I was in a production of "Pirates of Penzance," playing the Pirate-King.

The dream ended after a rousing performance of With Cat-Like Tread

Wow... I would love to actually perform that opera...

Edit: I WANT that poofy shirt!
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-11-17 at 08:31 AM.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Banned

I'm eating haribo. They're quite tasty.