New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dish's Delightfully Deranged and Deliciously Deliquent Random Banter # 106

I have a couple spare brains. Would you prefer the pizza delivery man or the overly-trusting stranger?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dish's Delightfully Deranged and Deliciously Deliquent Random Banter # 106

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    math.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! !!!!!

The Curly One has failed me.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

I haz a concert today. For Veterans day. I get to go to Rantoul! YAY FIELDTRIPS!

Just thought you'd like to know.
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

I leave for a test in about 45minutes, wish me luck.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Haha, oh you students, still in school... How you must envy us adults working and toiling day to day in a bland office setting and watching our hopes, dreams, and souls slowly get crushed by the grind and monotomy of the work week and only finding solace in momentary pleasures of the mind and body and hoping that we survive just long enough to possibly find any sort of meaning in this existence that grows more dull and dreary every single day...

Yeah, its great being an adult and not having to worry about an upcoming test/paper...

Edit: G'luck, Wolfbane!

Edit2: Hurray! I scored 100% on a Billy Joel quiz! Yeah, I am a master of knowledge regarding one of the best artists ever!
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-11-10 at 09:05 AM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Haha, oh you students, still in school... How you must envy us adults working and toiling day to day in a bland office setting and watching our hopes, dreams, and souls slowly get crushed by the grind and monotomy of the work week and only finding solace in momentary pleasures of the mind and body and hoping that we survive just long enough to possibly find any sort of meaning in this existence that grows more dull and dreary every single day...

Yeah, its great being an adult and not having to worry about an upcoming test/paper...

Edit: G'luck, Wolfbane!

Edit2: Hurray! I scored 100% on a Billy Joel quiz! Yeah, I am a master of knowledge regarding one of the best artists ever!
    I'm a CJ major, I shouldn't have to take math. Stupid Logarithms.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

@^: Same thing I'm saying about mine, and yet here I am.

...OK, I'm sorry, but I just HAVE to show off what I found last night in a motivational poster blog.

Spoiler
    Show

Officially the best thing ever.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post

Spoiler
    Show

Agreed. *nods*

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    @^: Same thing I'm saying about mine, and yet here I am.

...OK, I'm sorry, but I just HAVE to show off what I found last night in a motivational poster blog.

Spoiler
    Show

See, like I said before. This is one of those moments of happiness

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I gotta get going in a minute so I can check out a graphing calculator for the test(ugh). I'll check a few more threads before I go.

11. - Top - End - #251

@Thufir: What?

@ruki - chan: that is quite amazing.

Something I have just realised: my French homework is at home. All of it. Even the stuff I did do last night is at home.
    I can't even say I've lost it/gorgotten it because I did do it and I know exactly where it is: on that book next to the box by my bed in my bedroom in my house in [name of place I live] so I'm wondering just how facetious I can be when saying so.
    I'm thinking of saying all the above in French.
    But I was actually rather annoyed when I realised that as I had done modt of my French homework.
    When did I realise it? I was discussing myths, viariations on them and possible reasons for their origins and similarities over many cultures with a mate and his mate (practically giving a mii - lecture) when I trailed off.
    Lost my rhythm too, but I had to go to a prep. talk anyway so it was mildly okay.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Banned

@Thufir: What?
    Maths. MathS. MathSSSSSSSSSSSSS. With an 's', I believe.

...Err... 0! = 1 WooOOooOOooOO! SpoooOooOOoky!
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-11-10 at 09:34 AM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Well, I gotta get going in a minute so I can check out a graphing calculator for the test(ugh). I'll check a few more threads before I go.
    Well, good luck on the test.

Just remember that it's not Patrick.

14. - Top - End - #254

Mathematics.
    Abbreviate it down you get math.
    You don't just abitrarily stick the 's' back on a word you've abbreviated.
    Mathematics - math.
    SImple abbreviations.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Married life getting to you already 2bit?

ION: Ninjalistics, for all your corporate assassination needs.
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-11-10 at 09:47 AM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Banned

Mathematics.
    Abbreviate it down you get math.
    You don't just abitrarily stick the 's' back on a word you've abbreviated.
    Mathematics - math.
    SImple abbreviations.
    No you don't. Because we're in England. You abbreviate it to maths.

And English is based on arbitrary rules that make little sense. In this case the addition of the 's' preserves the plural is why.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-11-10 at 09:40 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

All this talk of homework has me thinking I haven't done an assignment for one of my classes. Despite knowing fully well that this is not the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassetking View Post
    ...You don't know joy, until you look into the eyes of the GM, and see a scream of terror frozen right behind his pupils.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Swok View Post
    All this talk of homework has me thinking I haven't done an assignment for one of my classes. Despite knowing fully well that this is not the case.
    I get that feeling a lot. A sort of sense of impending homework doom.

I feel it right now, actually. In fact, I should probably be studying for a test right now. Ah, well, it shouldn't be too hard.

19. - Top - End - #259

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post

And English is based on arbitrary rules that make little sense. In this case the addition of the 's' preserves the plural is why.
    I have a math - mad mate of mine who's pretty much identical to me except for his love of math and on this thing we both agree.
    It is math, no 's'.
    But both are accepted by the OED so

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm doomed. Class in 10 minutes and I haven't completely finished this assignment. I have no idea how to do it!

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    Married life getting to you already 2bit?

ION: Ninjalistics, for all your corporate assassination needs.
    Nah, my wife is great. We have talked about this before and she is feeling it too.

I think life, in general, has decided that I had been naive and idealistic for far too long.

Its funny, its a fairly recent development, since I graduated from university two years ago. I had been working full-time, paying rent and bills, and going to school full-time since I was 20 but the magnitude of life didn't really hit me until after I graduated though I was much less busy after that.

Maybe its just getting older, I know I'm only in my mid-20's but I deal with a lot responsibility now. I guess the key thing is, to all you whipper-snappers who didn't spend your childhood glued to the TV screen and playing your 8-bit Nintendo Entertainment System, enjoy it while you can.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-11-10 at 09:51 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post

The arbitrary rules of English actually serve a serious, and quite, quite British, purpose. They act to identify, isolate and exclude those who are simply too common and dreadfully oikish to be accepted in polite society.

"A handbag???" </Importance of Being Earnest>

23. - Top - End - #263

I'm in Geology class right now. Class doesn't start for another 10 minutes.

I hate this class with a passion.

24. - Top - End - #264

'Forget it'. Or say that it's in another folder . . . or that it's at home . . . or you could say flat out you didn't understand it.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

I get to miss class today.

Why?

Because it snowed. Not only did it snow to pretty much fully cover the ground, but the roads were crap because they hadn't plowed some of them yet. And the one we always take is very hilly... so, we're going down a steep hill at 'bout 20mph when suddenly we spin to slide sideways down the road until we end full circle to face up the hill, mostly in the correct lane. There were so many cars off the road in the ditch, and I do not know how so many people passed us... and how the hell some of these little cars got UP the hill. There was one guy who could barely get up and ended up turning around 3/4 the way up the hill.

Yeah, when we finally got going again thanks to a plow truck and a nice, random guy... we just went home. ><
    Last edited by Ego Slayer; 2008-11-10 at 09:57 AM.

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    I get to miss class today.

Why?

Because it snowed. Not only did it snow to pretty much fully cover the ground, but the roads were crap because they hadn't plowed some of them yet. And the one we always take is very hilly... so, we're going down a steep hill at 'bout 20mph when suddenly we spin to slide sideways down the road until we end full circle to face up the hill, mostly in the correct lane. There were so many cars off the road in the ditch, and I do not know how so many people passed us... and how the hell some of these little cars got UP the hill. There was one guy who could barely get up and ended up turning around 3/4 the way up the hill.

Yeah, when we finally got going again thanks to a plow truck and a nice, random guy... we just went home. ><
    I call that good luck! Its good to see you in RB during the day!

27. - Top - End - #267

Oh joy! None of my group members have showed up yet, and there's a group quiz today!

I reiterate: HATE THIS CLASS.

28. - Top - End - #268

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    I'm in Geology class right now. Class doesn't start for another 10 minutes.

I hate this class with a passion.
    Why? Geology rocks? I see no faults, it's something not to take for granite, and not schist at all. I could rubble on all day about its greatness. But I'll stop there
    Inner Circle The Cookie Raid

Spoiler
    Show
    Credits: Avatar; ChrisTP Signature: Sneak, Trog, Ceika and Gengy
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    Life is the set up and Death's the punchline line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    I give you the Master of sarcasm, (and puns).
    DEATH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Aww, dammit! You know I can't smite you when you're wearing those things!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Oh, Captain Jack Sparrow, you must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Banned

I have a math - mad mate of mine who's pretty much identical to me except for his love of math and on this thing we both agree.
    It is math, no 's'.
    But both are accepted by the OED so
    OED? Or ODE! Amirite!

Spoiler
    Show
    Ordinary Differential Equation.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-11-10 at 10:03 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270

Oxford English Dictionary: OED.

@Death: two and a half lines; five puns. A new record perhaps? But these weren't gods - awful ones, so no pun damage.

STupid French; got to go and get The Face of Pity and Remostration given to me. Blech. I donb't think I even get EMA but parents are worse.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!