New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War 2250

1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Question Re: Total War 2250

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    To all nations other than NRE (including NPCs)

Spoiler
    Show

Are you joining the New United Nations?
    what do we get from this ?

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Total War 2250

Mizka's nation

Spoiler
    Show
    We'll take that as a no.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Mina looks surprised at the embrace, but manages to roll with it.

She returns the whisper, though not with quite the same level of audibility

Well, I don't think they'll love you for steeling their thunder. Still, don't worry about it

Heh. And no, Master... Takeda, was it? Feel free.

Oh, and we weren't sure if you'd want to speak. We left a slot open, just in case.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh, this one rarely misses an opportunity to flap his old gums...and besides, if I'm already worked in, I would hardly want to mess up the program for the evening. Hahahahaha. Just let me know when you'd like me to, and I'll say a few words.
    Vanguard of the Horace Greenhilt fan club. Pretend there's a smiley and get off my back...

5. - Top - End - #155
    Pixie in the Playground

Post Re: Total War 2250

no i don’t mean to say no i just wanna know what is the purpose of this what is the point what does this seal mean for every single joiner? so tell befor judging ^^ my word’s

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Belgrade

Morgan says ""Right," at the tap and subsequent request, then gives a quick curtsy to Isabella and Takeda, and follows Richard to the stage.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Bored of people watching, Alsa slips through the crowd, not in anyway avoiding Mina Horrenson but still staying, somehow, on the far side of the room from her, and drifts over to the ARCH representative, Morgan Blainsfield, who she knows in passing from the reports that Akimoto was always sending out. Estoric scientific papers with pictures and movies attached that always, it seemed, displayed a technology that would revolutionize the military, nay, social, nay, political landscape forever. In a few years, no doubt. Hello. I'm Sergeant Major Alsa Sufe. I'm in the 9th.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Belgrade

The middle aged feline smiles at the assembled, her suit a model of buisness efficiancy, her long feline ears well groomed

Greetings all. I am Mathra Nak. Aide to Miss Horrenson, and member of the UNE executive.

As you are all aware, Waygate is the fundiment of the UNE's new Economic success. We are providing an essential service, both to our own citizens, and the world, with Waygate station, and in consequence, though we have no colonies of our own, we are contributing in part to all of them. That is as it should be. This is a world wide problem, and one we must all act to solve.

That is why we, the Machine Technocracy, and the Archimedes Society are to co-operate on revising, improving and upgrading Waygate into an altogether greater state.

She looks to the two on either side of her

I'm no Scientist. Would either of you care to say a few words?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

9. - Top - End - #159
    Barbarian in the Playground

Belgrade

Richard takes a step forward, looks briefly over the audience, and then begins to talk. There's still no hint of any emotion in his voice.
    My name is Richard Sylveste. I am the right hand of the Scientist, which more or less means I am second in command of the scientific work in the Technocracy.

He lets his neon-green eyes sweep over the crowd once more.

The Waygate station is important to a lot of people. Not just on Earth, but throughout the entire system. The upgrades we and ARCH will begin to implement will not only improve its efficiency, but the quality of life of many.

He pauses briefly at this, and then continues.

Therefore, the Technocracy will make sure that as many things as possible is automated, clearing up work for the workforce currently up there, while removing human error as well. There are still many things that ARCH, the UNE and we have to discuss before we draw up the final plans for the upgrades, but the Technocracy is most excited to be a part of this work, and we hope that this is merely the first of many steps toward a more united and collaborative future.

After finishing, he makes a quick bow and steps back to his previous spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    No fair framing me for something that looks like something i'd actually do!
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

10. - Top - End - #160

Going Gambling, Attn: JJ

Face to Face encounter! No looking!

Spoiler
    Show

9th Ward Saloon, Black Market

Entering the saloon, the three men looked around them. It was a scene of debauchery, barely bordering on civilized and hardly the orderly system they were accustomed to on Titan. Clutching their briefcases tightly the made their way to the counter telling the bartender they were there to have a game of cards with "Mr. Murray"

To catch a Dagwood

Spoiler
    Show

Dagwood reservation

The ship slammed down to the ground violently, throwing up rocks and dust as it skidded to a halt near the Dagwood village. The normally aggressive beasts were momentarily startled at the sudden appearance of the black and red craft.

From the opened hatch emerge the black armored soldiers of the Inquisition. Armed with heavy tasers to pierce the thick hide of the creatures they open fire on the greenskins. The vicious beasts seize up and sputter, spraying thick spit as they fall to the ground temporarily paralyzed. In moments it was over, the village was depopulated with the unconcious dagwoods now secured aboard the ship.

As quickly as they landed they took off again, shooting straight up into the atmosphere and towards their final destination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Face to face
    Spoiler
    Show
    'ello. the bartender jerks his head back 'e's in the back room. The door to the backroom opens and reveals a well lit room that is almost perfectly clean. Hello boys. I'm Jamlamin. You can call me boss. Now, you pass me the cash... good boys. Now I'm going to tell you somethings that you best remember... Someone is very, very, angry with you. Expect Dagwood spores to be launched into Italy and Titan very soon, and something else into your Belt bases, possibly involving the Black Hand. Take steps now! We knew this because he also hired us to be that threat to your Titan base. When we started pushing prices up they told us they could just hire the pirates for cheaper. Now, we've met amicably with the Pirate King before, but he's now my problem. You may have to sacrifce a few cargo ships, to avoid a full pitched battle, but if we can't reach a good deal with him, we'll have to fight them the whole way, which won't be fun. But, as I said, that's my problem. Yours is the Dagwoods and the Black Hand. Oh, and as far as anyone else knows, you didn't hear this from me. At all.
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2008-11-10 at 07:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162

Belgrade

Morgan takes a step forward when the right hand of The Scientist steps back.

"Hello everyone. Unless you're new to the political scene, you should know me, Morgan Blainsfield, second-in-command of ARCH, with the title of ARCH High Command. I answer only to Will Rowe, the Technissiah and leader of ARCH.

She gives a short smile to the crowd.

"As Mr. Sylveste and Ms. Nak have said, the Waygate station is extremely important. It is vital to improving the quality of life in not only Earth, but the entire system. The combined effort of three nations upgrading it will allow it to become much more useful then ever before.

She pauses briefly, just as her counterpart in the Technocracy had.

"Therefore, adding to the Technocracy's pledge to make sure that most of Waygate is automated, ARCH pledges to use it's various technologies to ensure that no hostile nation can ever use the Waygate for their own uses, and also to ensure that they cannot harm Waygate in any possible way."

Morgan Blainsfield steps down.

13. - Top - End - #163

Face to Face with the 9th
    Spoiler
    Show

Hefting the heavy suitcases onto the table, they unlatch and open them spinning the three around revealing stacks of unmarked and unaccounted for credit chips.

Smiling the lead man goes "Here you go boss. The accounts will be activated over the next 24 hours. Thanks again for the info. We'll be in touch again real soon. Don't spend the money all in one place."
    Last edited by LongVin; 2008-11-10 at 10:23 PM.
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Belgrade

(OOC: I don't know if it's Takeda's time to speak. If it's not, just pretend I posted it when it was.)

Takeda Shingen takes to the stage after Ms. Blainfield steps out from the podium. He waves for his two retainers to remain below him, who now stand directly below the podium, keeping their steely eyes on the room around them for those who would wish to do their lord harm. Takeda then places his pipe back in his kimono and unfolds his tessen, waving it to and fro to cool himself. After a moment, he speaks.

"Now, I realize I may be coming into a bit of a cold reception. My people...my faction, I don't believe, are very trusted these days. It wasn't so long ago that I was commanding forces that waged a bloody war against some of the very people in this room. And for that, I am sorry. The Niten Ichi, and all of the Japanese holdings across the solar system, have had so many years of war. War, either amongst ourselves, or against the people gathered here in this room. Because of our actions, I'm sure some of you have lost something dear to you. But you have to understand how hard it is on us as well. My only son died on Phobos. He was a sun in my world, and my life has gone much darker since his passing...

Now, that is no excuse for what we have done. However, I implore you to view us in a different light: war is hard business. It's not easy for anyone involved, and not everyone on the other team really wants to be there. That is why that when I tell you that we are genuinely trying to make peaceful connections back at this end of the system, that you give me...us...just a little more trust than you may normally. Ms. Horrenson has been a most gracious host, and I was honored to receive an invitation to such an event. To me, it shows trust in our cooperative futures with one another, and I believe that is a great stride. We are honored to begin trading with not only the UNE, but also the UAL. We hope that such trade pacts provide boons for all of our coffers.

It is time for us to sweep up the broken pieces of yesterday's life. It's time to move forward towards a brighter tomorrow. That is why I'm encouraging all those in attendance tonight to give heed to Madam Isabella's proposal of a new, interplanetary governing body. While we of the Niten Ichi cannot yet give its full support, I personally am giving it a ringing endorsement right now. I think to not at least try to make such an accord would be all our follies.

Alright, I'm sure you're all done listening to me ramble...and I think that buffet is getting a little too comfortable...."

Takeda lets loose a hearty chuckle and steps down from the podium, his sake jug swishing all the while.
    Vanguard of the Horace Greenhilt fan club. Pretend there's a smiley and get off my back...

15. - Top - End - #165

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks for the statistics!
    Here's a minor clerical error that could be pasted in if you have the time:

Economy: Knights Templar
    Tech: Knights Templar

At the end of the conference once all the politicians are done speaking and the majority of deals have been concluded, a middle-aged, dark haired man in dress uniform and ceremonial laser sword strapped to his side steps up to the podium.

Belgrade

Dear Assembled and viewers, I Lucas Jeremiel, Grand Master of the Templars and Lieutenant General of Opus Dei have been invited here by our gracious Host. We deemed it necessary to take this chance to step up officially at the side of our
    Great Patron
    Light of the Void
    and representative of the Redeemer.

He turns towards the cameras.
    As you know World Opinion speaks for itself. We ask that our Florans (domestic branch) be granted unrestricted access to all Earthly and Aetherly territories in order to provide for the minimum of sentient rights, sustenance. But the soul does not live by bread and water alone. Therefore we will also be providing a religious choice to your citizens. Please remember that historically Christians have overwhelmingly been harmless, productive and nationalistic citizens and provide no threat unless the Church itself is under attack.
    Furthermore it would be a great boon to yourselves and our worlds at large if you would grant us or select branches favored status as charitable and religious organizations and encourage awareness of our plight for manpower and resources. We hope to increase positive developments and believe we have much to offer, not just directly to the people, but also through their protectors.
    "God Bless the New Year and may his children walk in the light and be as the beacon of the world."
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-11-12 at 03:45 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The Dual Moons send a bunch of questionairres to each of the colonies. These basicly ask. "What nation do you consider the main nation in regards to space?"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

TO NSE
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is Doctor Lucien Brisby of the UAL Base, Jupiter. Supreme One Isabella has decided that diplomatic ties of trade and scientifical discussion are due...interested?
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

18. - Top - End - #168

Belgrade

Morgan walks back to the 9th Company soldier who tried to get her attention.

"Ah, hello. And sorry for the wait. I simply was scheduled to give a speech right before you greeted me. You wanted to speak with me? Sergant Major Alsa Sufe, I believe? Your name implies you are descended from a official in old Solaris, if I remember correctly. And you're part of the Ninth? Interesting...

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

End Of Turn 1

9th groups across the system stop taking new contracts. Instead they begin the journey to Ganymede and other rendezvous points. The majority have already begun the long journey, but they will not reach there destinations for months.

The Nexus bulk trader Icarus crashes in rural Italy. The Nexus report claims that a group of Dags being transported off world, broke out of holding and killed the crew. The unpiloted ship crash, killing all of the remaining crew and Dag mutineers. NRE clean up crews where quick to respond, torching the area for spores and searching for survivors. Clean up crews are satisfied that the spores where disposed of

The Papal pirate crackdown was largely successful in and around Mercury. Mercurial piracy is down to almost nothing.

However many parts of the the system are not so fortunate. With the beginning of 9th redistribution, many convoys near Venus, Mars, and the outer system are left under protected. Pirate bands become more and more bold. Dumping, (the practice of venting some or all of a ships cargo to appease or distract raiders) is becoming increasingly ineffective. Pirates, with little fear for personal safety attack the empty ships and return at their leisure for the cargo.

The All Solar Nexus announces a major new business plan. They will be deemphasizing military ship production in favor of agricultural expansion. Corporate owned stocks are sold to gain capital, and many shipbuilding assets are leveraged in order to take our substantial loans. The money gained is used to buy up conventional farms on Earth, as well as hydroponic and vertical farming plants system wide. CEO Fred North claims that Nexus expertise and farming tech will drop food prices system wide by fifty percent.

Shortly after Lucas Jeremiel's speech, the entire Zoropersian delegation stands up. Their leader the enigmatic Speaker, looks as if he is about to make his own speech, he even goes so far as to clear his throat. At the last second he appears to think better of it and instead leaves with his entire delegation.

The Green Thumbs an eco-terrorist group with Wayist ties, perpatrates several acts of terrorism. Vertical farms and slaughter houses are destroyed, often times with home made fertilizer explosives. In response Nexus increased security and offers a billion credit bounty for Startha Mewart the leader of the Thumb movement.

The Green Thumbs also launch an attack on the Supreme One. They claim that a recent reduction of farm subsidies will drive out family owned farms, and increase cruel industrial farming techniques. Launching dozens of black market surface to air missiles, they manage to down Isabella's plane as it leaves the Belgrade conference. Isabella was severely injured, but alive. During the crash Isabella's arm was crushed, but as of yet she has refused amputation.

Many of the stats surrounding the Two Moons respond positively to their campaign. However with the increase in pirate activity, many feel that it would be unwise to join a faction that cannot offer them security.

The 73% of the questionnaires returned claim that the Brotherhood of Pirates is the dominant space faction. Niten and the 9th are both close seconds with 13.5% and 14% respectively. Experts claim that the questionnaires are highly influenced by recent events, and would have gotten much different responses only a few weeks ago.

NRE colony ships begin their journey to the belt. They have escorts complimented with 9th mercenary groups. There ETA is June of 2250.

Nexus Message to the Emperor
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is Cheif Executive Officer Fred North. I and the rest of the Board wish to repair our relations with Niten. The war was,... unprofitable for both of us. We would like to make amends, and reestablish trade ties. the capital ship Inari was damaged and captured during the battle of Phobos. It is currently undergoing repairs at our expense in the Solar shipwards. It is nearing completion and we would like to return it to you as a gesture of good faith.
    Last edited by Odin the Ignoble; 2008-11-11 at 10:17 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Yes, yes, I know. I know. Look, we'll, we'll, if you'll shut up. Thank you. Look, I know it's a problem. We're just centralizing, alright. Then we can... well, if you pay more we'll... yes, convoys that hire our services are still rarely attacked and alway deliver their cargos. Oh, you hung up. Heh, funny.

I didn't really expect it to be like this. We ought to leave a few cruisers behind and charge higher prices. Am I forgetting something?

Yeah. Alsa's speech, sir.

Oh, right. That coming in soon.

A little delayed sir. Captain Lambert is send the bail in now.

Ah... why hasn't she been fired by now?

Umm... she's the best trainer and insertion team leader we have.

Right. Call me when the speech starts.
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2008-11-11 at 10:31 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

UNE trading announcement

In this time of peace, it is trade amongst nations that shall form the lifeblood of civilization.

We are pleased to recognize trading treatise with the Papal Estates, the United American League, the Silver Belt Confederacy, the Machine Technocracy, ARCH, the Niten Ichi Teikoku and the United Traders. UNE internal trade is also to be encouraged, the New Economic Initiative can still be applied between some of the member states. Also large dealings with ASN have been sanctioned. Economically, the UNE is on the rise.

Response to the thumbs

In response to the thumbs assassination attempt on Supreme One Isabella, a USIC crackdown is launched. Local authorities regard the Thumbs as a terrorist group. Just like Gladio, so long ago...

Counter operations by Kin Packs, breaking up meetings, infiltration attempts, the efforts of the UNE are all applied to the perpouse of shutting the Thumbs down. A large bounty of their own is offered for the heads of the Thumb leadership. The Central Executive approves a USIC budget increase to that end, and expresses condolances to the Supreme One.

Encrypted message to Fred West
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have an enemy in common in the Thumbs. Care to co-operate? The USIC budget could always use some work...
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-11-12 at 02:40 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

The doctor attempted to calm the red0headed woman in front of him.

"Please Supreme One, We have to have it removed it'll-" he tried again, only to be cut off.

"I don't f**king care what you think, I'm keeping my" *cough "damned arm!" she spat back.

"Be reasonable madam, if we take it off we could get you a new one, cybernetic or biological" The doctor was getting desperate.

"I don't wanna...." Isabella's head fell back as the powerful sedatives finally kicked in.

Minutes later, a figure dressed in blood red dress uniform walks in "Doctor Harvey, what news?"

"Lioness, it is most distressing, she refuses to have it amputated!" the doctor said in frustration.

"Can't we just regenerate it?" The famous general returns.

"We could, but the damage is too much and we got her too late" The doctor said clearing his throat nervously.

The Lioness turns her green eyes onto her unconscious child. After several seconds of silence, she sighs "Order the amputation, I take full responsibility"

"Thank you General Finate!"

To PM Horreson
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is General Finate requesting that under UNE supervision an UAL task force is to find and eliminate these terrorists. Your USIC rarely fail, though how you didn't notice this is a mystery to me. Permission to enter?

Convoys
    Spoiler
    Show
    All UAL convoys are protected by UAL Bio-Ships. They discourage attacks from pirates because they are difficult to crack, and often not worth the fight.

To Dual Moons
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is economy administrator Dr. Amy Mayer. We noticed that moons are heisetent to join you because of a lack of military might. Would you consider an alliance with the UAL?

EDIT-Internal Report
    Spoiler
    Show
    This quarter the UAL has approved of trading with Niten, UNE, and several others. The military is increasing due to new advances in Bio-ships. ARCH, the UNE, and the Technocracy is now looking like an increase in Tech as well.
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-11-11 at 10:53 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    Granted. You'll have to run all opps by Commander Steel though. In return, you can use UDF bases, and they'll back your fist style operations.

And they have had a bevy of work lately. The NRE tend to make that. Still, we'll get on it now. We are truly sorry for the mistake, and will make amends.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

UNE
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is acceptable, expect Supreme Elite's and Shadow's coming your way.

Actions vs Thumbs
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Lioness uses her experiance as a general and a black ops leader to begin to hunt down and elminate pockets of thumbs. Nonlethal force is used first, with leathel force as a back-up. She obeys any rules set by the UDF forces and Commander Steel

Homefront
    Spoiler
    Show
    Several anti-wayaist and anti religous groups have begun to try to speak to world against the evils of religious fanatiscm. Their press conferences are a long criticism at the NRE and Papacy along with other extremly religious groups. The UAL government makes sure these groups don't cross the line or get violent

- SurlySeraph

25. - Top - End - #175

Dagwood Watch

Imperial Security Forces have temporarily raised a cordon zone around the crash site as well as establishing patrols of the surrounding areas. The watch will continue until 2 weeks after the known gestation period of the dagwood spores is known to end to make sure that there will be no outbreaks.

Other teams are brought into the area to salvage what they can from the Icarus site.

Nemi Station construction on path

The Imperial Engineers are proud to report that construction on Nemi station is on track and that the first modules and shipyards will be opening for business within the next two weeks. Many of the contracts for new ships will be transferred to the Nemi yards to save on costs for launches into space.

The rest of the construction will continue as normal.

Message to the All Solar Nexus Attn: Odin
    Spoiler
    Show

The NRE is preparing to establish a large scale mining colony on Jupiter's moon of Io within the coming months. While we are capable of doing this project on our own we would prefer to work with the ASN, as your corporation has a vast vault of experience when it comes to operating in less that idle conditions.

We are proposing a 50/50 partnership for this project.

Condolences to the UAL

The NRE would like to extend its condolences to the people of the UAL and its leader following the despicable and cowardly attack against the Supreme One Isabella Han as she was attempting to return home.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Patriot and Eisenhower bases

Colonists from Jupiter base have set up two mining and reserch outposts, one on Callisto, the other on Io. They are mostly small but they lay claim to their area of extraterrestrial land.

- SurlySeraph

27. - Top - End - #177

Opus Dei

Message to Zoropersia
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did we offend you somehow?

Johnites of the protective order of the Knights of St John deploy from their bases to protect Christian and Jewish sites around the world (1 military point).

Several reserve detachments of Johnites join up with the Hospitalers defensive military formations and set out to protect expanding Nexus assets where the 9'th is falling short or hasn't been contracted due to the recent date of acquisition (2 military points).

Several divisions (2 military points) of Teutons and Florans begin travel to their new lands of Madagascar, Central America, (Malta?) to take up civil and defense administration and a military and civilian convoy of the same branches head for the Pandorae region of Mars (1 military point) to boost Papal troops, begin localized regional administration and to intensify settlement.

Floran missionaries and Opus Dei construction crews begin evangelizing and constructing chapterhouses in the territory of their new host (he knows of this), the UNE to spread the faith and increase OD membership and donations.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-11-12 at 06:04 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Budget:

Spoiler
    Show

Basicly the same as last time.

Pirates

Spoiler
    Show
    We want you to stop your pirate attacks against us. What do you want?

UAL

Spoiler
    Show
    He Dr. Mayar. Speaking on behalf of the Dual Moons. We would be interested.

29. - Top - End - #179

An Alliance of Empires

Today, the NRE and Niten Ichi Teikoku have officially signed papers forging an alliance between the two Empires. Consul Manzoni has stated that this is an important step in maintaining peace both for the NRE and the NIT as well as protecting shipping from pirates and other threats in the Solar System.

By the will of the God-Emperor may this alliance stand strong for a thousand years.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

All Solar Nexus
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The Inari...the crown jewel of our fleet...I admit, that is a gracious token, and not one to be taken lightly. So, as a token of our own good faith, we bid you keep it. As a sign of trust to our new futures. We would be more than willing to begin establishing trade relations once again. Here's to a prosperous future for the both of us."

Cardinal Williams
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It was a pleasure meeting you at the Belgrade conference. I was hoping that perhaps you would be able to make good on your saying that you would visit us out here in the deep end of space. I believe that we have much to discuss."

The Dual Moons
    Spoiler
    Show
    Having some trouble with pirates? Want us to take care of them for you?

The Signing
    Daimyo Oda puts his own signature on the line, and shakes hands with Consul Manzoni. A roar of applause thunders throughout the amphitheater, as Niten and Roman alike embrace their new intertwined destinies.

"My friends, today is a great stride towards getting our nation on the road back to greatness. Between the new trading pacts with the UNE and our newest alliance with this New Roman Empire, I think we can all agree that it is not only a new year for us, but the start of a new chapter in our history. One of hope and goodwill, not one of war and bloodshed. We shall continue making strides towards a better future for all of us, and with our great Emperor's blessing, we shall not falter!"

This last line is met with a standing ovation and stomping of feet, drowning out all other sounds for a solid three minutes. Once the crowd quiets, Oda begins again.

"I would also like to use this time to extend my condolences to Ms. Isabella Han, who suffered a terrible attack by cowardly terrorists only a few days ago. Luckily, she is still alive, and we thank the heavens above for that."