Show
    Well if you wouldn't mind.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Total War 2250

Dual Moons
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well...we're not going to just do it...we'd be expecting some compensation.

Children
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Many of the other factions do not trust you, I believe. We are both nations of those who the community at large don't understand and incorrectly mistrust. However, we have much to learn from one another, I feel, and I would like to discuss the matters of religion with you myself. It would be nice to receive another view of a religion I do not fully understand myself. If you are interested, we can provide transportation for your representatives, so that we may discuss some matters."
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-11-12 at 11:52 AM.
    Vanguard of the Horace Greenhilt fan club. Pretend there's a smiley and get off my back...

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Niten Ichi Teikoku

Spoiler
    Show
    Well obviously. We were just expecting you to say how you wanted yo compensated.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Niten
    Spoiler
    Show
    Certainly, what would be a good time for this visit? I can get to the belt in a month or two if I leave now
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The Dual Moons send out another survey, this time asking.

"What keeps you from having a home in THe Dual Moons."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dual Moons
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tell you what: This one's on the house. You'll be providing better security, so people are going to be more willing to join your organization, then that will boost your economy and you'll have more to pay us with. We keep protecting you, your influence expands, you get more money, we get more money, everyone's happy. Sound good?

Williams
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Excellent. We will be expecting you shortly. Preparations for your arrival are already being made."
    Last edited by Pumpkin3.1415; 2008-11-12 at 02:29 PM.
    Vanguard of the Horace Greenhilt fan club. Pretend there's a smiley and get off my back...

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Niten

Spoiler
    Show
    Sounds perfect.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin3.1415 View Post
    Dual Moons
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tell you what: This one's on the house. You'll be providing better security, so people are going to be more willing to join your organization, then that will boost your economy and you'll have more to pay us with. We keep protecting you, your influence expands, you get more money, we get more money, everyone's happy. Sound good?
    hey, what about me?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

9. - Top - End - #189
    Colossus in the Playground

To the NRE

Spoiler
    Show

It seems that your Empire has sent colony ships, heading for the Belt.. Please note that, while we are happy to welcome new citizens, if they wish to do so, we are not willing to share our territory with foreign powers. We advise you to seek out other areas for colonizing. We hope that a peaceful arrangement can be reached.

Odin:
    Spoiler
    Show

Odin, how is my research going? I was really planning on significantly increasing my industry with new mining technology.

Actions for this turn:

Today, the Habitats Voidland II and VI, Crucible Eight, Lacuna and Vesperia III announce that they will, together, build and test a new type of habitat, more than three times the size of the previously largest habitat, Arkadia. The new habitat, which has not yet been named, will be used to house some of the population overflow of many of the smaller habitats, whose industry can not enlarge them fast enough to keep up with their growth.

Secret:
    Spoiler
    Show

The new habitat will in fact be used as a kind of "escape pod". It will be equipped to only house a few thousand people, and as much of an ecosystem as possible, along basic industry. It should, in fact, be fully capable of establishing a small, but stable colony and have enough drives and engines to move at a reasonable speed.
    All around the belt, habitats focus their industry on producing more mining robots of the kinds researched together with Arch. However, the prototypes will be changed slightly, so that they can also be used as secondary combat vehicles.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    hey, what about me?
    I edited the post. Check again.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Niten
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent, I'll be there as soon as possible
    [you want to do the rest by PM's or what?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

Papacy
    Spoiler
    Show
    PMs will be fine

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Belters
    Spoiler
    Show
    We see that you, as we, have problems with Rome. They are the oldest of the current set of tyrannies, and though they hide it well, we believe them the most viscous.

We already, diplomaticly, oppose the NRE. AS do you. A foe in common, a pact in alliance, we like you believe in a system by which people's voices should be heard... Surely this is the ground on which friendships spring?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Colossus in the Playground

UNE:

Spoiler
    Show

The Belt is always willing to ally itself, as long as the partner commits no acts of agression and offers it's citizens at least basic freedom. On these grounds, an alliance with you would be favorable.
    However, we still hope to come to a peaceful agreement with the Empire. If that should fail, we would indeed be in need of strong allies.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Belters
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know agreements with the Empire. They tend to only be in one party's favor. Even under this new administration.

Take care. There are few democracies left standing in this age. Neither of us should let the other come to harm. If you continue with problems, we'll be on your side.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground

@ The Belters
    Spoiler
    Show

The New Roman Empire has operated facillities in the belt for decades. We are simply reinforcing and expanding our installations within the region. So it appears that both our factions have long standing claims to portions of the Asteroid Belt.

We believe that it would be the best interest of both of our parties to just agree to honor each others territories in the belt and not to infringe on the others claims. This will allow us to both peacefully habitat this vast region of space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

This is Maggie May reporting for SSN Sports. We've got a press announcment coming in from the Waygate, and I'm very eager to listen in. It's high time somebody came of with a good low-gee sport, don't you agree Ali?

Indeed I do Maggie. Here's the announcment now.

A tall Kin in the full reglia of the 9th's insertion teams, sans helmet, is standing at a microphone lined podium. Hello everybody, I am Staff Sergeant Ozymandias Camorr, of the Ninth Company. I'm here to announce not only that the Ninth is moving some offices to the Waygate, and all of our Earth based matinence facilities in orbit will be phased out as well settle in here, but we're also going to be holding training exercises here. Ladies and gentlmen, these war games, using facimile ammunition and real life senarios, is the most adrealine pounding, gut wrenching, high octane action you can imagine, and we've decided to let you in on the action. May I intoduce to you the first line up for the All Company Battle League. The ACBL teams as of right now are: Viper Squad, a group of soldiers with dark green helmets and armor decals stand up and wave. The Minotaur Squad another group of fifteen, with red colouring, stand The Chimera Squad and so on, 16 squads in total. Matches will, for this first season, be once a week, a full round robin, each team playing each team once in the season. Then, the best four teams will have a semifinal and a final match. For now, combat will be deathmatch style, with the senario and team sides, normally attacker or defender, being determined by chance.
    Also, note that all of the fine soldiers here before you are trainees, halfway through the season, we the trainers will play the best players from all the teams. We'll win, trust us. After the end of the season there will also be a post championship game between the league winners and the trainers. Have fun watching tonights exibition match, Trainer Team One assualting the Ceasar's best insertion team, inside a gutted out maitinence ship.
    And with that he places his helmet on and walks out. Moments later the view jumps sloppyly to a helmet cam, on the Ceasar's team leader.
    This is Captain Lambert, of the Ceasar. I'll be doing tonight's play by play. Now, you can see here the Ceasar's team has spread itself out around the ship, with five men in reserve near the middle. Here comes the Trainers...
    The battle is a close one, but the Ceasar's team uses their defensive position for all it's worth, and in a dramatic last stand behind stacked up tables in the galley the last four member of the winning team defeat their opponents.
    In the post game wrap up the Trainers admitted to some low-gee confusion contributing to the loss, and their gratitude for having the enviroment to practice in. Next time, they say, will be different.

@Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions and such:
    Miranda plans continue, using such cash as has been aquired.
    Waygate opening etc. will be accompanied by recruiting posters and acceptances of new contracts between Mercury and the Belt. (Not to hard, I imagine)
    Also, selling a one season broadcasting contract for this new sport to SSN for a good amount, and filing a patent or whatever on the sport, in case anybody else wants in. They can form their own leagues, but I want a cut.
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2008-11-12 at 08:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

To Duel Moons
    Spoiler
    Show

What do yeh got?
    Blue
    You value knowledge, logic, and deceit. You love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At your best, you are brilliant and progressive. At your worst, you are treacherous and cold. Your symbol is a water droplet. Your enemies are green and red.

What is the diffrence between a freedom fighter and a terrorist? WINNING!

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Europe
    The UAL forces closed in on another thumbs cell. This one was significant, since the SAM missiles had been fired using codes from this position. The soldiers, which numbered fifteen Supreme Elite and five shadows took up positions to assault the compound.

General Finate stood on a hill with a UDF observer. The young man turns and says "General? I thought you usually led most battles personally?"

The Lioness smiles and glances at him "I usually do, but I'm testing a new...recruit" she points at the soldiers.

The Elite were dressed in their standard leather Great Coats and gas masks (though now more high tech) and the Shadows sported their matte black and silver power armor.

Among the soldiers stands another power-armored individual. Her, since the form was feminine, wore bone white armor with blue filagree, like the Supreme Guard, except it was much sleeker and high tech, the best of the best. The right arm has been replaced by a claw made of a dark blue metal. The face mask is a silver likeness of a regal dragon.

As the two watched the figure signaled the Shadows to move forward. The six of them moved quickly through the guard towers. Soon the gates were open, the walls clear of guards.

Suddenly the Supreme Elite surged forward and opened fire with their pacifier MK IV's, an non-lethal version of their standard assault rifle.

The young UDF observer watched in wonder as the white armored figure cut a swath through the awakening defenders.

Things really started to heat up as one of the Thumbs soldiers, in a panic, fired a RPG at the figure. She turned and something on her arm activated. The grenade stopped, then clattered to the ground. She then surged forwards and her claw was bathed in a green glow, which cut like butter straight through the man's gun, then his arm.

The Lioness smirks "Heh, she still has a sense of irony" she turns to the young man "Well, this battle is over, lets head back to the chopper"

Later, on a private Helicopter

The Lioness sat in a chair and waited as the white armored commander removed her helmet.

Isabella shook her hair as she removed the helmet and smirked at her mother "Hows that Lioness?"

The Lioness yawned teasingly and rolled her eyes "Well I'm glad SOME of our lessons went through that thick skull of yours Bella"

"So is the arm working to standards?"
    The red haired general asked curiously.

Isabella nods looking at her arm in slight amazement "You know, when Dr. Brisby swore on this, I didn't believe him"

"Well it isn't the most peaceful looking device"

"Oh I know, but it does suit me, not to mention the fact that it has an internal plasma generator and ion field, with a ZPE shield"

"I just wish we could mass produce it"
    The Lioness sighs.

"Oh it is far to expensive for even JUST the generals to have it, but someday if that lunatic can ever finish anything"
    The Supreme One quirks and eyebrow "I done good?"

The Lioness laughs at the reference, for that was something Shona used to say teasingly "Yeah, You've done good!"

Belters
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am moving a portion of my fleet to my mining/trade post. They are for my defense, but consider them on call if anyone causes you anyproblems

Movements
    Spoiler
    Show
    Most of the fleet is moved to defend my extraterristial bases, with only The Han and several smaller frigates defending UAL earth. Their numbers increase as SIPS pumps out ships.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

Nexus messages
    Papacy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our ship yards have been closed since the end of the Niten war. But we would be more than happy to produce any ship you give us the specs for. You will find our prices highly competitive, and we swear to use the up most confidentiality regarding ship design. However in this day and age you never can be to careful. We can build the superstructure, engines and basic wiring, if you wish to send a team, they can put in the final touches. This way you can be certain nothing was tampered with.

Niten
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sure the boys in accounting will be happy. But are you certain? We have little need of a military ship, and it seems a waste to convert such a regal vessel into a bulk transport. And given it's history selling it to another nation is out of the question.

We will begin the trade shipments immediately

UNE
    Spoiler
    Show
    We think you overestimate the danger that the Thumbs present. We are more than confident that our securty forces can stop any more attacks.

NRE
    Spoiler
    Show
    We wold be more than happy to join in in a joint venture. But we will have to shift assets to the area to begin building. It could take quite some time. Our nearest construction ship is near working in the belt. And it is hardly built for speed. If you want to begin construction, and we will join you as soon as we are able. I'll have someone send you the paperwork.

Belters
    Spoiler
    Show
    We woul like to increase trade. A new contract will increase the companies iron nickel and copper consumption to pre-war levels. Is there anyway we could deal with the Belt as a single trade entity instead of individual habs?

Children's responses
    Opus Dei
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is nothing that you have done. We are displeased with the UAL's proposed COSS. We suspect ulterior motives. We were about to state our opposition, but the common consensus seemed to favor the proposal. So we held our tongues.

Niten
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be more than happy to explain our faith. Our roots stretch far back into history, almost as far as Shinto. We can proudly boast being the worlds first true monotheism. The Prophet Zarathustra, also known as Zoroaster, was blessed by the one true god Ahura Mazda with a revelation. In his name we hold back the darkness and the forces of Ahriman. The prophet will return and we will be ready to greet him. If you wish to know more we would be more than happy to discuss theology with you.

Other Stuff

The Umbertian church gains substantially less ground than they would have hoped. This is due in large part to the Reform Church. An offshoot of the saintists who fled persecution from the holy inquisition. They are in the practice of sending priests to any gathering or proselytizing event the Orthodox church commissions. This activity has lead to recruitment numbers far below expectations.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Children of Zoraster
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is Hannah Lee, head of diplomatic affairs. We were wondering your take on COSS. We remeber that you consider yourself to be the epitome of goodness, yet as far as our records show you did not join the NUN. Are you going to join this new group?

Odus Dai
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello, my name is Dr. John Cognar. I was to inquire on your stance of COSS. Will you be sending a delegate?

Construction of Justice Base

The UAL begins constructing of the new head quarters of COSS. All nations that send an official proclamation to join the organization may send scientists, architects, and workers to finalize the base, and to examine it for any wrong-doing.

To ALL nations
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone willing to join COSS announce it, so we may bring the Human race into the future!
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

22. - Top - End - #202

Message to the ASN
    Spoiler
    Show

We will begin construction as soon as possible to get the ball rolling on the project.

Mining ship departs for Io

In a contract with the All Solar Nexus, the Senate has announced that the Empire will establish the "Jupiter Mining Consortium" to provide Earth with cheap and readily availible iron ore.

A ship from Titan base will be dispatched within the week for Jupiter.

Additional Oceanic Cities Ordered

With the improvements in the construction of deep sea mining equipment an additional 4 Ocean Floor Cities have been slated for construction over the next two years. These cities will be built on the same mold that exist for two already under construction and will house 50,000 people.

Church of Umberto reaches out to the "Reformed Church"

Prince Amedeo, would like to extend a hand of peace and understanding to the Reformed Church and seek to find a peaceful end to the Schism that rocked the Church over 30 years ago. "As a result of this Schism, many of those who might be drawn to the faith instead are left undecided and thus unenlighted. We must strive to come together, renconcile our differences and become one Church once again."
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

23. - Top - End - #203

Hand

Spoiler
    Show

"I understand that you could acquire the Zero-Point Energy plans that the UAL holds for me. I can pay you generously for the plans, especially if you can damage the UAL's records of how to use or create Zero-Point Energy.

Furthermore, if you harass the Belters for a while, and then withdraw from their territory heavily when I ask you, I might just not notice your illegal activities in some parts of the system, if you catch my meaning. What do you say?"
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

NRE
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are... considering your offer once more. It seems that the scheme we were told of came from an... unreliable source, and your further actions still mark you peaceful

However, the actions taken in Greece, Corsica, Croatia and the other states of your empire still meet with our disdain. We're prepared recognize you, and have formal diplomatic ties, to help prolong peace and further building, but we do NOT agree with your method of governance, which oppresses those who do not agree with your views. That, as it stands, is exactly the same as the old empire. Simply marginally more subtle. And we will not recognize an expansionist Empire.

If the Senate agrees to recognize no more "bills of unification", under any name, the UNE government will establish diplomatic ties. Perhaps even further treatise. Thoughts?
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

25. - Top - End - #205

@ UNE
    Spoiler
    Show

While we are glad that the UNE is considering our offer to restore relations, we are also concerned over the UNE demand not to recognize "Bills of Unification."

We believe that this is a slap in the face to our nations sovereignty and an insult to free peoples everywhere. Should not a nation, region or people be given the right to choose which flag they fly? How can we deny people this right if they ask to join in union with the Empire.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

NRE
    Spoiler
    Show
    You dare...

You DARE to accuse us of limiting people's rights?! You, the dictatorial theocracy who inherits the legacy of one of the most destructive and commanding states there has ever been?!

We have no objection to the Umbertian Faith, or freedom of people to choose. But your nations government limits personal freedom. Assuming control of other states, even with a majority requesting such, limits the freedom of the people within, especially those who did not wish to become Imperial. And that is something we object to, yes, on every level.

We are taking no action against the already "unified" states, reluctantly. We are already accepting concessions in the interests of peace. The least the Empire can do is make a similar consession to us.

After all, you're already expanding, with colonies all over the place. Any who wish to live within the Empire can travel to it. I'd describe that as perfectly fair, no.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-11-13 at 01:16 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

27. - Top - End - #207
    Barbarian in the Playground

OD
    Opus Dei requests the establishment of embassy in every earth nation.
    Missionaries are sent out sparingly across the world where they're allowed accordingly to our available numbers of them as we're already heavily involved in UNE and Papal territories.
    OOC: Please state it if you refuse embassy or missionaries. Thank you.

After disgorging the settlers on Mars the small fleet of Opus warships head out towards the outer system. They stop at the Asteroid belt first and attempt to set up missionary outposts and a handful of representatives to deal with the local mining companies and other non-state factions (I don't think there's any sovereignty there I don't have Capital contact or am setting up Capital contact with). If all goes well they continue their trip to Niten and Dual Moon territories as well as Terran controlled colonies and set up formal embassies and missionary activities. Finally they move all the way out to the Oort Cloud to set up embassy and missionary activities, before returning home.
    Meanwhile the other ships we have left will start mining activities in Pandorae of Mars and any choice pieces left in the Asteroid Belt.

OOC: (Note: Previous Orders for OD are on page 6.)

28. - Top - End - #208

OD
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will allow your missionaries and your request to set up and embassy. However, we are a people of science, and we believe that you will find close to no support at all here. But we have no reason to refuse you. Not right now anyway. A reminder though: We are watching you. Try anything while on our territory, and you will wish you never heard our name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    No fair framing me for something that looks like something i'd actually do!
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Odus Dai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello, this is Marcus Ramirez Han, Speaker of the Hivemind. We would be honored to receive your embassy, but unfortunatly we cannot allow missionaries. It is not safe to be of strong religious belief when wandering the UAL countryside. Strong predjudices against religion have popped up and are deeply ingrained and I do not believe you would be welcome by the populace. On the other hand we are opening diplomatic ties to all factions and nations.

Nexus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello, this is CEO Kevin Osbourne of Bio-Tech. We were wondering if you would be willing to open up trade between our to companies. Our best items, of course, are contracted by The UAL government, but I'm sure that we can find a way to make this profitable.

ARCH
    Spoiler
    Show
    When is that party on Valhallha? Are we going to create an allaince?

Technocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to propose more than a simple research trade. My name is Doctor John Cognar and could I meet with a delegate to discuss an alliance?
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-11-13 at 10:10 AM.

- SurlySeraph

30. - Top - End - #210

UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is Alpha speaking. What did you have in mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    No fair framing me for something that looks like something i'd actually do!
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.