New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Blank Slate IC

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Blank Slate IC

The being looked out over the vastness he had created. Again. This one needed something...different. Something to make it interesting. And so It took the smallest bits of itself and formed 22 beings of immense power. Each would represent a different idea It had had before. After they were all created and newly awakened, It spoke to them.

"I am your master. I have created you all to go forth and shape the world below you in whatever way you deem fit. I care not what you do from this point on. This small section of this multiverse is yours to do with as you wish. Now go!"

So saying, he sent them down to the large, barren rock below. The rest was up to them..

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, I know its short and kidna sucks, but I'm in a hurry and I know you all can't wait to start. So have at it.
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-11-07 at 08:27 PM.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Blank Slate

Parda, with his mystic hands.... began a long and complicated ritual... Over the barren rock... He chanted for hours with all his greatest magic and tore open reality, allowing magic to enter the world through a torrential down pour of mystical energies from the Astral Plane. This power tore into the earth and created an underground realm full of mystic crystal. The crystal would increase the power of any magician using it incredibly. However the more the crystals would be used, the more power would be given to Parda.

In the future, the Crystal may even be used as armor and weapons.

((Major act))
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-11-07 at 08:44 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Barat-Kali opened his eyes, and saw for the first time. He looked at the great barren rock and was displeased. He thought and he thought, longer than even the greatest lifetimes of man. Then he struck his spear into the earth, and from that rushed the oceans, coverings the entire world. Deeper and deeper he made them, until he was alone in the blackness. This would be his kingdom.
    Last edited by An Enemy Spy; 2008-11-07 at 07:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Cale looked down on the barren rock below him. The world was covered in darkness, something that brought sorrow upon Cale's heart. Deciding to do something about it Cale took a bit of his divine energy, and created the sun, an orb a pure, shining light energy.

Spoiler
    Show

I think this was only 1 major act, so I'm spending the free cration act we get to create the sun.
    Last edited by Baxter190; 2008-11-07 at 07:48 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Huang Long, the Dragon Emperor

Huang Long slowly uncoiled himself, and took to the void above the ball of rock. He already knew what his first act would need to be, but he could not do it before others had played their part.

"Soaring Lord, I defer to you to bring forth the air, that I might make the sky." he spoke, before landing upon the oceans.

He put his lips down, and began to drink from the ocean. He drank and drank, until he had drunk fully half the ocean, and then rose to the sky to await the coming of the air.

Spoiler
    Show
    0 Major Acts and 0 Minor Acts spent.

Huang Long hasn't acted yet - he awaits Kuto to put unto the world the air. Barat-Kali has already created the ocean, from which he has drawn the water to create the weather, and Cale has already created the light, from which he will make the sky.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-11-07 at 07:43 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

PirateCaptain

Volkano studied the barren rock for several minutes. He then decided on his course of action. Diving into the very centre of the planet, he began to unleash his energies into the surroundings, forming great fires beneath the rock that pushed their ways up to the surface. Small hills that produced fire were created on the surface of the rock and in the very centre of the rock was a raging inferno, contained within invisible barriers, which let small runs of hot magma through the crust of the rock.

"Thosssse hillssssss that producccccccce fire ssssssssshall be known asssssssss Volcanoesssssssss and they will be a ssssssssssssymbol to remind all of my powersssssssss." Said Volkano in a deep voice, the fire hissing from his moltern 'lips'.

Spoiler
    Show
    Major Act to create the moltern core of the world
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-07 at 09:11 PM.
    I drew this line myself

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron
    Akteron opened his eyes and looked around at creation. His brother Cale had created the Sun, shining light over the barren world beneath.

So this will be our home. Already, I can see the first signs of life. I must prepare a place for them to rest, when the time is right.

Looking around, he saw the Seas and the Sky being formed.

Balance. There must be Balance.

He brought forth his will, and set into motion the Seasons...Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, the last being dear to his heart. The seasons would turn like clockwork, bringing balance to the world below.

Having done that, he turned his attention to the place of rest.

Here I shall create a place for the Souls of those to come to rest.

Again he brought forth his will, and started to form the Realm of the Dead. In time, entrances to the other realms would naturally form.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using a Major act to set in motion the seasons. They will start once the sky has been created. 1 Minor act to start the creation of the underworld.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-11-07 at 08:47 PM.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

8. - Top - End - #8

BardGuy

Cale turned to his Brother, and said, "My brother, I know I am may be asking to much of you, butmight I have the season of summer? It only seems approopriate. Do warn me if I'm overstepping my boundries."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron
    Balance in all things, Brother. Winter is dearest to me. If Summer calls to you, it is yours.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-11-07 at 08:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

BardGuy

"Thank you Akteron. I will treat your gift with repsect. And yes, there must be balance between the light and darkness. however, I believe the good must always hold power over evil, and evil must be crushed in all forms."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Barat-Kal saw the great dragon and went to the surface.
    "I have watched from the depths and seen many things. But none none angers me such as this. Why have you stolen my creation?"

12. - Top - End - #12

BardGuy

"Barat-Kel, do not be angry. I'm sure the great dragon just plans to redistribute your water, to spread it around the new world, and in doing so, will acutally proably help you," said Cale, trying to prevent any fights amoung the gods.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

Moghor looked at the barren rock, rubbing hands. This was truly his element. He came to the surface of the planet and kneeled. As the Giant King spoke, the earth trembled.

"I am Moghor Rezamir and I claim the underground as my domain!"

Then, the god violently punched the ground. The earthquake was felt in every corner of the planet. The tremors caused rifts to appear all around the world, even underwater. The tectonic plates broke up and were sent drifting on the sea of magma. One could see the first mountain ranges slowly arose from the depths of the earth in the horizon. Meanwhile, the underground of the planet was filled with all kinds of mineral deposits, giant geodes, etc.

Moghor heard Cale talk about a "crusade" against evil, up there in the heavens. He smiled innerly.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 major act used
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-11-07 at 08:17 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron
    I would agree with you that Good should be dominant. Evil must be allowed to exist however, else Good has no meaning.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-11-07 at 08:46 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by pingcode20 View Post

Huang Long slowly uncoiled himself, and took to the void above the ball of rock. He already knew what his first act would need to be, but he could not do it before others had played their part.

"Soaring Lord, I defer to you to bring forth the air, that I might make the sky." he spoke, before landing upon the oceans.
    Kuto drifted lazily above the planet. He heard Huang Long and, with no hurry, positioned himself high above the planet. He opened his great maw and a blanket of air and clouds billowed forth wrapped itself across the planet, swirling with wind.

Your turn, then.

Kuto turned over on his side to gaze at the stars overhead, pleased with his creation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Major acts used: 1
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-11-07 at 08:08 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Huang Long turned to Barat-Kali and spoke.

"I have taken half the ocean to put into the sky, so that it might be cleansed and regain life before it returns. A pond left to stand will go stagnant and die."

There was also the problem that an ocean covering the world would be rapidly destroyed by other gods, who would wish for their own creations to walk the land.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

"Just remember, dragon. All of your creations were made from the sea, and one day, the sea shall reclaim them. You may take from my creation, but I shall have it returned to me!"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Raminov

Raminov looked upon the quickly forming world below him. He surveyed it from on high, higher even then the Water Dragon, looking down upon it as a calculating overseer on a promising project. He licked his lips, his long tongue running the whole of his long equine face, though his face was horselike it did not bear the teeth of a horse, but rather small sharp teeth like those of a dog or other predatory animal. None of his teeth were larger than the others, they were all the same in much of his mouth, though he bore the molars in the back of his mouth like many omnivores. His ears were also long and horselike, but larger and pointier than those of horses, and his eyes were large and horselike as well, though they were more forward pointing than the eyes of horses, but kept the bones around the eyes. His chest was traditionally humanoid, though it could clearly be seen he was larger and stronger than normal men by a good margin. His shoulders were likewise wider than normal mens. His arms were of an average length, but ended in strong hands, they were powerful, double jointed, and ended in fingernails that were stronger still, and sharply pointed. No mere fingernails were these but claws. He wore a military uniform of some sort, but being as there were no nations as of yet, it had no particular origin. It was plated, with brass buttons down the center, and was a dark green, with a red star on the right breast plate. His legs were canine than equine, with the knee bending forward before bending backward, and ending with a vaguely canine foot. It ended in a three large toes, and the toes ended in long toenails, that were also strong and sharp. He had a fine layer of fur, ;ike a horse, and his was colored a naturally reddish orange hue. He had a long tail, quite unlike a horse. It far more resembled a lions tail than that of a horse. Though his fur was of a reddish hue, he had hair that was black, and so too did he have long hair on his head, and his tail ended in black fur that was long, but coarse, like a lions tail did but longer and thinner.

Raminov surveyed the world with cool calculating eyes, waiting for his chance to do what he would.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-11-07 at 08:25 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

19. - Top - End - #19

Zuli, The Forest Lord

Zuli awoke, the madness of da voodoo already in his mind. We be pleased, the god said ,da world be a blank slate. He saw the continents and chose the largest one, in the center and started his work. He chose the place where a large mountain had been, jutting up from the earth with no other mountain in sight. From this holy mount, he brought the first forest to the land. Dis place be da start of Forests, and dey shall be plenty 'cross de earth. This first forest was populated by trees nigh indestructable, with great resistance from the heat of the molten rock and the ocean waters that covered most of the planet. In the forests, he made the creatures that would populate the forests eternally. Of them, he chose four that would be sacred to him. Da Bear's strength shall be known foreva more, da Lynx's agility, da Dragonhawk's fury and da Eagle's wisdom too. Dey will be da protectors of da forests, and dey will make sure dat da forest is safe for all the children of Zuli. Lastly, he took one beast from each of those four and gave them a shape similar to Zuli. Ju are da Animal Lords, Protectors of mah sacred beasts and of da forests. Ju will neva die and will lord over all of da beasts. When ju have babies, dey will be lesser dan ju foeva, but dey will still be powaful. Be fruitful and multiply.
    With those tasks done, he then turned to the other gods and spoke. Da forests are sacred grounds to dah god of Forests, and to Beasts in dem. Do not touch dem, fo dey are protected, da trees dey live in are da strongest dat shall be eva made, dey will be fruitful, but der decendants will be weaker. Ah tell ju dis cuz da voodoo in mah head told me so.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Creations: Major: Forests, Forest Animals
    Minor: DiamondBark Trees, Animal Lords
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-11-07 at 08:38 PM.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

20. - Top - End - #20

The great dragon breathed out, filling the clouds with water so they might become swollen and release it to the ground, making great rivers with which to water the land.

He breathed first into the clouds that hung low above the ground, and made them large. Then he breathed into the clouds that were of middling height, and made them large too. But when he came to the very highest clouds, he had no water left with which to make them large. So he gave them each a little bit, and left it at that.

Then he came down to the low clouds, and squeezed upon them with his body. The water came pouring down upon the land, filling holes and running down mountains, making lakes and rivers. The water made channels upon the land, and ran down through the forests until they reached the sea, bringing the needed water to the plants and animals so that they might prosper.

"And so they shall. The water returns to the sea, clean and made anew. The sky will take the soiled water into the clouds, and when the soiled water is once again clean, it will be returned once more to the sea bearing gifts from the land." spoke Huang Long, in reply to Barat-Kali, who in truth he did not blame for his anger. He did not understand the role of the sky in finishing the sea, for he was a sea god, and did not understand the role of water above.

But the weather was still not right. He looked at the sun, and saw that it was burning away the clouds and the sea, starving the world of water.

So he blew water in its purest form into the air, to create a shield against the light and allow only enough to create life on to the world, so that the world might not be burnt by excess of light.

Then he went up into the light and took a little bit of blue from it, and painted the sky with the light, so that the sky might always remind the world of its important role.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Major Creation to create the Sky and the Rain
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-11-07 at 08:31 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Blank Slate IC

Akteron
    To Zuli

I must go among them, for it is my place to usher them past the Gate. Only these shall see me however: The Dead, the Dying, and those of Power.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-11-07 at 08:57 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Den dat be da only time, Zuli told the lord of death, But da mortals shall pay fo attackin mah beasties.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron
    That is not my concern. My job is to usher the souls of the Dead to the Afterlife. Your realm is yours to do with as you see fit.

*Pause*

The Souls of your faithful will await you in my realm. You may claim them as you wish. Those you do not claim fall to me, to help maintain my Realm.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-11-07 at 08:45 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

BardGuy

Cale turned to the Dragon, and said, "I am sorry for the sun burning away your clouds. Thank you very much for correcting my mistake, and good luck with your work." He then addressed Zuli, saying, "Forest god, I shall honor your wish. However, I do ask that your creatures carry the light of wisdom and kindness where ever they travel, and teach others compassion."

25. - Top - End - #25

The Dragon replied. "You need not apologise. You knew only that the light was needed to bring life, and a light any smaller would not have covered the world."

Then, Huang Long addressed Zuli.

"I apologise, Forest Lord, but I must intervene in the forests. Without the rivers, the land will become fallow and the forests will die. Without the rain, the river will dry. And so the sky must bring its clouds across the whole land, and give water equally."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor

Moghor went to see Parda, the so-called wiseman.

"Greetings. I noticed you have created some caves in my realm. You do know I am the Earth God, right? Well, I don't mind those crystals. However, that's still in my property. Have you something to compensate me? Some crystals for myself, perhaps?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Raminov

Raminov looked up at the sky, and saw the great burning orb and the blueness of it. It had been shining for some time and it was... oppressive. A good leader knew how to be commanding, but would not overdo it and cause their followers undo harm as a result. Seeking to amend this obvious imperfection, he made it so that the sun move slowly around the whole of the world, and bring light to all of it. In it's absence, the world would go dark, and the bright blue of the sky would fade darker and darker till it was black. But Raminov saw that this, too, was opressive, and sought to correct his own error. He looked to himself for inspiration, as he was want to, and saw the bright red star on his uniform. Yes, this was a good symbol to alleviate the darkness. He took the star, and he threw it up into the now dark sky. He made it glitter more brightly than any gem, and he made many more like it, of all sorts of colors and shapes. They would be orderly too, and those who looked up at them could see recognizable shapes and patterns formed in the night sky. He did this all over the world, and he saw that even in the night the bright stars would bring light to the world, though not nearly to the scale of sun.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Major Act to make the sun rotate around the world, thus creating a system of day/night, and creating night as a result, and making the stars all over the world. If this seems like a bit much for one act I can use more
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    Moghor

Moghor went to see Parda, the so-called wiseman.

"Greetings. I noticed you have created some caves in my realm. You do know I am the Earth God, right? Well, I don't mind those crystals. However, that's still in my property. Have you something to compensate me? Some crystals for myself, perhaps?"
    "Moghor, perhaps I could advise you in the ways of necromancy... If the crystals are in your domain, surely you may have some."

29. - Top - End - #29

PirateCaptain

Volkano decided to begin shaping his new worshippers and the lands that they would live in. Summoning great power, Volkano caused a great volcano to rise up out of the crust of the rock. The volcano was mighty and spewed forth hot lava and smoke. Although the peak reached high into the sky, there were several 'pits' where entrance to the grand volcano would be available, to those that would survive the intensive heats coming from it.

"Thissssss mound of fire and earth issssss mine and it sssssshall be known to all assssss Mount Redunkeep." Announced Volkano.

Having built his worshiper's lands, Volkano proceeded to create a city inside the fiery pits of Mount Redunkeep. He forged the very houses into the rocks themselves, in underground caverns near the central base of the volcano. And with that, Volkano had grow tired of such massive usage of his powers and used a small portion of that power to create 10 small servants, which he named Sparks, which he introduced into his newly founded city. The sparks themselves were not harmed by the fire or the heat and settled into the grandest of chambers in the volcano city, which they named Redunkeep, after the volcano it was built inside. Volkano promised the servants a population to look after once he had taken rest.

And with that, Volkano rested within the very Volcano city he had just founded.

Spoiler
    Show
    Major Act used to create Artifact - Mount Redunkeep, a huge volcano
    Minor Act used to create vast and expansive city - Redunkeep
    Minor Act used to create 10 servants - Sparks, introduced them to city
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-07 at 09:11 PM.
    I drew this line myself

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor

The giant scratched his thick beard.

"You seem like a reasonable man. I accept your proposal. Necromancy would fit me just fine."