New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Blank Slate IC

1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Blank Slate IC

Akteron

To Ikibe

I think it will help more than it hurts. Remember, every action we take, everything we do....all of that shapes us, makes us who we are. That's more important for mortals than for us, but it still applies.

*Pause*

Your children are welcome to wander my realm, until such time as you claim them.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Raminov

Raminov looked down upon the world, and deemed that now would be the time for his people to come into existence. He saw all the myriad races of the world, and knew they would need directing. He would need to create a race that could serve as an example, and guide the rest of the mortals to the right path of behavior and existence. To this end, he traveled to the continent where the Trolls lived. He took the continent, and shaped the northern bit so it stuck out into the oceans, and he raised the land high above the sea, creating a plateau, but he also created many safe places for people to descend to the sea. The Plateau would be a verdant grassland, a plains that his people would live on and cultivate. To this end, he plucked some hairs from his tail and tossed them to the winds, the hairs fell all over the world, and wherever they fell bovines sprouted up, all of them had some basic similarities, but they varied from place to place. Those that he put upon the plateau that would be his peoples were tall, and had hair as short as his own. However they had large horns, that were wider than his shoulders, but curved inward, and then forward. Next, he leaned over the land, and cut his arm with one claw. His blood dripped into the ground, and where his blood fell he placed pieces of his fine coat, and as the blood mingled with the hair, beings sprang up. They looked as Raminov did, for he had created them in his own image. They all had different colored coats, but they all had black hair that grew from their heads, as beards, and on their tails. He trusted they would know what to do, but he watched, the guiding father, to help them if they needed it. He realized they needed a name, and so he dubbed them the Rusky, or Ruskies for plural, and he smiled.

Spoiler
    Show

2 major acts to make the Ruskies, not a terribly original name, but given their future government type, it seems fitting. A note, he modeled them after himself in the way they think, as well as physical form. I.E. They're already communists pretty much, since the concepts that make it up are their natural form of society and government are already naturally attuned to that sort of thinking, and they don't think in the same way people do (so their communist society will actually WORK)
    1 Minor Act to shape the land
    1 Minor Act to make Bovines for various purposes
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-11-08 at 12:06 AM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zuli

Dat dragon be good mon, dat dragon be good...

The City was to be built by specifications put into the minds of the builders.

The City was to be built on the face of the mountain facing the lake. It was to be five tiers in length, the bottom-most tier was to be for housing. The next tier, a little smaller than the first, was for trade and commerce. The Third Tier was to be for the warriors and guardians of the people. The fourth tier was for the Witch Doctor and Priest academies and laboratories, and lastly, the top most tier was small, and housed the four animal lords, and was a shrine to the lord of forests.

A great stairway goes from the bottom of the first tier to the fourth tier, with the fith tier connected to the rest by a large elevator. The water from the top of the mountains would trickle down into the canals on each tier, which then fall down to the next tier by small water falls, the canals converge in the lowest tier, which divides the stairs to the bottom in half and heads out into the lake. The lake itself is connected land-wise to the city by a small path that leads to the docks, which is right next to the shrine of Long, spirit of the lake.
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-11-08 at 12:24 AM.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikibe

Quote Originally Posted by Krrth View Post
    Your children are welcome to wander my realm, until such time as you claim them.
    The Jakaru are a people apart, they will hold loyalty to me for created them, but I would never restrict them so as to hold claim. They will be fruitful and multiple, do much good, much evil, and everything in between. This is the way of all things, and my children understand this.

He smiles again.

My thanks for your blessing, but I encourage you to take them into your confidence as well. The Jakaru are mortals, yes, and their actions shape who they are. Feel free to take them in and teach them your ways, already the actions of Huang Long force them to spread further and further into the whole of creation, I do not doubt they will be seen in your realm soon enough.
    Last edited by Jansviper; 2008-11-08 at 12:20 AM.
    "And I may be a moron."
    "Yes you are a moron.
    "But I am a moron with a dream! And that my friends, is the most dangerous kind of moron."

"Well, I think we all know which ship Jans was on."

Theme Music Carcer Zoviir Matthew

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron

To Ikibe
    Yes, they will be in my realm soon enough. I will indeed teach them, but I may have no people for myself, as all come to me in the end. I will give them this much, however. I will teach them to have no fear of Death, for it is not an end, but merely another journey.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kuto

As Kuto stared up at the sky, he forgot the other gods for a while, but could not help but notice that the sun began to move. He also noticed many stars of different colors in the sky that were not there before.

already, the gods were intruding on each others lands and squabbles had arisen. Kuto ignored them. If Huang Long wasted his time with those gods that sat in the dirt, then so be it. He exhaled a long breath, causing the around him winds to pick up.

He saw the dancing magic gods above. They were far more interesting to look at.

He called to Thelmis and the others.

Hmm...You up there. You are far too stuffy for my tastes. What good is something good if it cannot be enjoyed. You, the flashy one. Why don't you come down and tell me more? Pantheons? Arcane orders? Such grand things to be talking about.

Kuto chuckled and turned back over, wrapping thick white clouds around himself.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikibe

Ikibe blinks at Akteron and grins.

Indeed it is. I have a feeling we will see eye to eye in many matters. When Godshall returns from the ether, you and yours shall be welcome there for as long as my people can count on you guiding them through the Great Cycle.
    Last edited by Jansviper; 2008-11-08 at 12:55 AM.
    "And I may be a moron."
    "Yes you are a moron.
    "But I am a moron with a dream! And that my friends, is the most dangerous kind of moron."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Raminov

Raminov appeared to Akteron, he looks the god over and speaks. I believe you are the god of the dead yes? It comes to my attention that, as all mortals do, my followers will die. When that day comes I would like them to pass on to a realm that I shall give to them, and that shall suit them, and you would be the god to speak to of such things.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron

To Ikibe
    It is done then. I have much to do, and much to prepare, so I will take my leave. I think that after the first time on the journey, they will not fear another trip.

Spoiler
    Show
    Let me know what level of act is necessary for the reincarnated souls to no longer fear death. They don't want to die, but do not fear it like most people do.

To Raminov
    *turns to face you*
    That depends on what you want. There is a place set aside for followers of all the Gods, that only that God controls. If you create your own realm, that place will dissipate, but a link to your realm will take it's place. You really have nothing you must do, although I will warn you that the souls of your followers you reject will become mine.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-11-08 at 12:57 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikibe

Ikibe blinks again, rapidly, looking between Akteron and Raminov.

Why would anyone reject the souls of their followers?

He poses this as a general question.
    "And I may be a moron."
    "Yes you are a moron.

11. - Top - End - #71

Huang Long, the Dragon Emperor

Huang Long sighed with satisfaction. Rightful punishment had been exacted, and all was well. In a few ways, he envied Kuto - all the whale needed to do was gaze at the stars, without a care in the world, while he was busy shaping the land with rivers and lakes.

In time, the river dragons would arise, and he would be less needed to breathe rain into the clouds. But to form a great spirit, one must be prepared to wait a great time.

He flew up unto the highest clouds, and sat, and watched the doings of the Trolls - particularly the few who had taken a shine to his shrine. He chuckled - they believed he was 'Long', the spirit of the lake. He wondered how the dragon that would arise from the tiered city would be. It was never an exact science - even he, Emperor of all Dragons, could do little more than guess.

Well, it would come to pass soon enough.

Stretching his limbs, he looked over at Kuto.

"Ah, Kuto, there you are. I have not seen you since you breathed the air onto the world. What have you been up to all this time?"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron

*Shrug*

Some may require followers to act or not act in a certain way. Some may have rules about who they will or will not accept. For example, I imagine that someone who worships my brother Cale but commits mass murder would be rejected.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikibe

How very strange.

He leaves it at that.
    "And I may be a moron."
    "Yes you are a moron.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Barat-Kal saw the land, and it displeased him. Summoning his great power, he slowy has the sea creep up the shore.

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess thats a minor act

15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kuto

Kuto looked lazily at Huang Long.

What have I been doing? Hmm...just watching everything go by, I suppose. It is very quiet here, but there is plenty to watch.

He rolled onto his side once again.

I suppose I should get to work, but I fear things will be stirred up soon enough. Oh well, what comes must come.

Kuto began to bring together cloud stuff into a denser form.

Hmm...perhaps it is too quiet. I would like someone to talk to. Many someones would be nice...let's see what we can do.

His voice trailed off. He seemed to lose all notion that Huang Long was there.

Spoiler
    Show
    He is beginning work on a part spirit part earthly race. I will wait a bit as he does so because Kuto is often lost in thought and slow to act.

16. - Top - End - #76

Huang Long, the Dragon Emperor

Huang Long lay on the cloud for a while before answering.

"Yes... Best to get some rest while we can."

He closed his eyes, and rested for a moment. Then he looked again at Kuto forming up the clouds.

"Would you like some help with that?" he asked, eventually.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-11-08 at 03:13 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

Still a mere, but sentient, seed, Xiren had listenen to the thing who called itself their "master". She has no master and didn't need anybody to allow her to do what she wished to do !! Or so was her thoughts.

As the other gods were shaping the bare rock, she looked at it, impressed...and jealous. She wanted Barat-Kali's oceans, Volkano's...well, volcanoes, Moghor's mountains and Zuli's forest.

She blinked as Raminov's and Cale's creation, the Sun, as it blinded her with its cursed light.
    "-Which fool being would live under a fireball ?!! You are but idiots !! It hurts !! It hurts !!"

She despised the Jakaru and the Trolls...and any living things for what it mattered. She too shall create life.
    "-And it will be far, Oh yes, far better than what you did, you pompous jerks !! Plants which need no light to live, yes !! Light is baaaad, it's made out of fire and fire buuuuurns the plants !!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Act: create "animals": the first swamp plants. They don't need light to grow, only a lot of water and minerals from the muddy ground. Some also feed on animals for said minerals.

Then she understood that her "children" would need some help to spread. So she created a species of insects, the Dipteraes insects.
    "-Fly !! Fly, you midgets !! Collect pollen, food and diseases and... Diseases ? Yeah, that should teach those pesky "gods" who's the boss here !! My children shall bear venom and parasites !!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Act: create animals : the Dipetraes, a species of insects. They have wings, a chitine carapace, a lot of heat-sensitive eyes and breed really fast through maggots. They are the size of our IRL flies.

She then proceeded to create a place to call "Home" on this barren, but less lifeless, rock. Now a beautiful bud, she let herself crash near one of Zuli's forests, between two mountains, where the rains created a lot of small river and the earth was never trully dry. Here, she rooted herself and began to pour her power into the ground, making it more and more muddy as she pumped underground water and prevented water from leaving the area. Soon, her children began to settle the land and to turn it into a rotting muddy hole where vegetation was so thick that sunlight seldom reached the ground or the stagnating water.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Act : alter geography to create the Putrid Swamp. Xiren lives in there and will seldom travel, talking mainly by telepathy with the other gods.

"-That's better !! Less sunny, more smelly !! I like it !! But I may need more... toys to avoid boredom."
    And so, gathering mud, she created the toads, venomous slimy buggers, jumping and cawing around while eating insects...for now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Act : create basic amphibians. Think of toads for now.

The bud opened out and the torso of a small, really paleskined, woman appeared. She could have been of blinding beauty if it wasn't for her mad gaze. She looked around and a sadistic smile appeared on her face as a big toad ate up a fly the size of a nut.
    That's lovely !! But still boring !! I'm BORED !! Let's introduce some diversity.
    And so she did. Using the land to power her spell, she extended her roots and strangled a tree. She infused magic in it and transformed it into a beacon of transmutating energy. The process killed the plant but a single, apple-sized, seed remained. It was full of a black slime and emitted the fool smel of rotten flesh...but still, its wood was as hard as metal.
    "-You, my little one, will be my greatest toy !! The Mutagenic Seed... I can't wait to see you open up !! Oh, no... No, better to wait... Better to see first what a mere seed can do..."
    And with a mad dream, Xiren crept around her "kingdom". As she wandered, lifeforms began to evolve quickly in the swamp, more and more subspecies appearing out of the swamp plants, the dipteraes and the toads.
    Spoiler
    Show

1 Major Act : Create Artifact : the Mutagenic Seed.
    The Mutagenic Seed allows its user to use "Shapechange" at will. In addition, it casts continuously permanent "Polymorph", at a rate of one spell every round, on living creatures around it. A creature can only be polymorphed once by the Seed but it will produce an altered offspring which can be Polymorphed.
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-11-08 at 10:21 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus...er..Parda
    Parda continues to chant and, invokes a very long ritual, he summons another bombardment of extreme astral energies into his body.... Continually, he slams into himself intensely spell-like powers, jamming impossible energy into himself he shouldn't be able to contain, with his body bursting with incredible energy as if his form was about to break, when the ritual suddenly stopped, and all was well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 Major Act for the "Power" Paragon domain
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-11-08 at 04:20 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Outer

Outer went to a ploae of the world, practicly untouched by his fellow gods. He then sighed and huffed and puffed and started to chant as the earth rose, into a small mountain. The small mountain wasn't the difficult thing though, that was the great circle temple of portals.

The main part of the "temple" was an empty courtyard surrounded by 5 layers of thin corridors attatched to thin wall. the circular wall had 30 holes in it. Whenether a plane was created, one of the holers would become a portal to that plane.

Outer smiled, his work was good. It would be a great thing, for now mortals who wished to venture to another plane would go here or die trying.

Outer traveled to Parda, "Am I right in thinking that your Magick can conjure?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 Major
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-11-08 at 04:58 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

Moghor watched the birth of the Jakaru with interest. This Ikibe fellow would make a great ally. But for now, there were more important things to do. The Giant King set out to find a suitable home for the mortal race he had imagined. He came to flat river valley in a semi-tropical region. There, he started to dig. He dug and he dug, all around the flowing water, and progressively carved a labyrinth out of rock. He called this a gorge or a canyon. It was truly awe-inspiring; in some places, it was as much as one mile deep. The slopes of the valley were riddled with caves. In the narrow passages between hills, giant obsidian shards (tall as a man) emerged from the ground, as was Moghor's will. As he was about to leave, the Giant King noticed a fiery, smoking object at the bottom of a crater. Moghor approached and blew to cool it down. It was a black torque. Moghor realized that he had unknowingly created the artifact as he imbued the gorge with his divine power. The Obsidian Lord wore the Torque of the Mountain King with pride.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 major act to create the Torque
    2 minors to create a gorge the size of the Grand Canyon? I'm not sure that 1 minor is enough, but 1 major seems too much, as the canyon doesn't have any supernatural property...yet
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-11-08 at 08:26 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Outer

Outer looked at the gods that were gathered where Outer was and then smiled. Still, he had to learn more about his fellow god's future home planes. He was of course the god of them after all.

Outer sent a message to Moghor. "Will you be creating a plane? If yes, who with? If yes, what will it be like?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Atkanlan-Yotetl

When she was satisfied with the beginnings of the Dreaming plane, for it was still an unfinished mass of colour and light, Atkanlan saw it fit to have his own place upon the world itself.
    So he came to the world and sought ought the harshest desert, where the land was parched and cracked hopelessly by the sun. In this isolated place Atkanlan began her work building her first city upon the planet.

He spat on the desert and the parched land turned into fields of mud. She took some of her fur, in the desert the mounds of hair had turned into dry straw, and worked it into the mud. He spilled the milk from his breast which turned sand into clay. From all this she created brick by brick a city made of the world and her own self. For half a day she laboured and when the sun was high the city was built but it was not finished.

Next he would to breathe life into it. She took from the wellspring of her essence and worked it into the city as the mudbricks dried. In its centre she opened a door into the Dreaming plane so that this city would be an outpost of dreams. Like the plane to which it was connected, the city would not be still - its shape would be sensitive to the desires of its inhabitants, and its location ever changing according to Atkanlan's will. But for now it was empty and Atkanlan was satisfied.

After the city was done, Atkanlan-Yotetl traveled to see the Shepherd of Souls, Akteron.

"Akteron the Gatekeeper, I am Atkanlan-Yotetl. I see that you have created a Realm for the Dead, and set aside a place the other lords so that their followers may have a place. As you have shepherded the spirits of the dead, I seek to shepherd the desires and dreams of the living. So I have created a plane for such things and seek to do as you have - set aside a place for the other lords of creation."

"I come to you now in the spirit of friendship. I have set aside a place to be shaped by you, Akteron, if you so desire. For surely the faithful living must have dreams of an afterlife."

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Minor act for the building of the Oneiropolis, and I guess additional minor acts (or even a major?) for making it magical and linking it to my plane.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Outer

In Outer's Temple a new race of animal was born. The animal babies of the world looked liked partly formed dogs. Their was two things special about these animals, known as Plane Dogs. 1. They were attracted to planes other than the material plane. 2. When young they would adapt to the plane they were in, changing depending on the plane.

Twenty Plane Dogs went to the realm of the dead and twenty Plane Dogs went to the realm of Dreams.
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-11-08 at 08:56 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

Moghor wandered the land and he felt somehow lonely. What is a king without subjects? He was already exhausted by the forging of the underground and thus decided to wait a few years before creating his chosen race. In the meantime, he designed a dozen of elemental servants he called Krokuta (or Earth-born) to keep him company. In its natural form, a Krokuta looks like a sturdy lynx, about the size of a donkey, but entirely made of mud.

Moghor was pleased with his creation. He turned his attention to a new god who had just sent him a message.

Greetings, mysterious one, he said in his deep voice. My name is Moghor Rezamir. I haven't made a plane yet, but I intend to. I may need the help of Ikibe and another god to do it. I don't know for them, but my divine realm will have came complexes and halls gleaming with gold, silver and other precious metals.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 minor act to create 12 Krokutas. Read the complete description of the Earth-born in my status post.
    Moghor's land is on a different continent than the troll land. I imagine it with a geography similar to Peru.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-11-08 at 09:33 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Outer

The message was sent to Moghor. "That sounds like a fascinating part of a realm. A sort of earth realm, yes? Do you think the other gods will have the same sort of plan? I guess it'd be a miner's paradise, if any miners develop."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

The Giant King replied to Outer.

Yes, an earth realm. I think Ikibe will want to make a mountain city or fortress, I'm not sure. And you can be sure that, with my blessing, miners will become common.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Outer

The message sent to Moghor is. "I'm sure that the plane will be one you will be proud of. And one that I hall have as part of the cosmology. I give you my best wishes." Then Moghor looked at the rest of the gods again but the miner comment had sparked a new idea in him mind.
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-11-08 at 10:10 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron

To Atkanlan-Yotetl

You have set aside a place for me? How unexpected, but welcome. This will help my task greatly. I will gladly accept this gift in the spirit in which it was given, and call you Friend.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Barat-Kali lay at the bottom of the sea, pleased at his creation. He had been watchful of all these other gods though, and believed that if he were to always be protecting the ocean from the many lifeforms that they had spawned, he would need some of his own. He took a bit of coral and breathed onto it. It began to grow and take shape. Soon he had a creature made in his image.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor creation: Sharks

He was happy with his new creature, but something was missing. Intelligence. He created another shark and brooded over what to do with it. I am very intelligent. Perhaps a creature that looks like myself shall be too. He pulled off the sharks head which grew into a female shark and mated with the male. Taking some clay from the ocean floor, he sculpted a torso, and placed it on the shark's body, breathed life into it. Truly this was the perfect form of life.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Major Creation: Kali. Imagine a blue scaled merman with a shark's body. Basically a small version of Barat-Kali.
    He bagan to make many more of both creations.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Outer

The plane creatures in the realm of the dead, had to deal with two major things. The first one was in fact boredom, simple boredom. The second thing was the lak of living creatures that existed in the realm of the dead. The solution to the first problem was to grow a second sentient head. The solution to the second problem was that the second head could only eat the souls of the dead. (With one soul giving enough energy for years.)