1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Blank Slate IC

Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    (OOC : Read this first )
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok sorry, I was at a party. Got back, 5 pages of IC posts... gasp I'll try to answer everyone but concider the answers were given immediately

"-I don't need your suggestion !! What do you think I am ? And idiot ?!! Or just a weakling ? I can take care of the Putrid Swamp by myself !! Oh, and...You're the creator of the sea, right ? I saw its birth !! What a waste of good dirt !! So much water... My children would surely flourish there...if only they could reach a soil !!"
    But as she thought of it, she realised that plants didn't needed soil to grow. Earth provided the minerals and nutriment. But the sea, full of salt and life, would provide it if the plants could find a way to gather these food sources.
    With a sweet and unatural voice, she spoke to the seagod, using all her pollen-induced charm.
    "-Say...I'm sorry to be rude. I'm not... My experience with the nasty Cale and his dreaded angels tought me to not trust others. But you seem... different. What would you say of a...gift ?

"-Oh but please... let them come !! My children need fertilizers. Your trolls will be more than welcome.
    As she spoke, her mind already saw the poor creatures ridden with disease and parasite, their skin bitten by thousand of insects to the point that half of them would probably die of fever in the swamp while the rest would just spread the plagues elsewhere.

"-I was good until SOMEONE asked. An who are you ? You ask my name but don't even botter to introduced yourself ? What a joke !! I'm Xiren, the Blossom Flower, the Kind Mother. And those who dare doubt of how kind I am will just suffer for the remaining of their hopefully short existance. Not that I'll make it short but toys tend to break soon or later...
    As for my little playground, yes I CAN make it bigger and I WILL. Now, what do you really want ? Going here to spy or to laugh at me ?!! Or to threaten my children ?!! Like this pathetic god of light ?!!"

--------------------------------

As the outsiders were driven away by her rudeness, Xiren rested, her senses at ease and her roots keeping pumping water from the nearby rivers, lakes and underground wells. The cycle of the Putrid Swamp was now both complete and complex. At first, the plant ate the dirt and produced spore and sugar. The insects drank the sugar and picked up spores, helping the vegetal growth. The amphibians ate the insects and, at their death, their corpses were assimilated by the dirt. But now, every single life form was eating the others. Gigantic insect battleling against the tree-sized amphibians, swarm of smaller parasitic flies infesting the bark of the trees with maggots. Even some plants had begun to move around, hunting their fertilizer rather than just rooting themselves in the ground to find it.

But as Xiren felt all of this and was...happy ? No, maybe just a little less angry at the world !! Anyway, as she felt this, an other feeling reached her. Somebody was...trepassing on her domain !! She outrooted herself and teleported to this place...and faced Parda.

"-What are these...creatures ?!!! Their aura... They should be mine, you know it !!"
    It wasn't a question. She then stared at the city and scowled in disgust.
    "-They are magical creatures but their origin is chaos !! Why would they live in cities and buildings when the world is their house ? When NATURE is their house !! I'm not going to allow this."
    Calling for a power she had kept hidden deep inside her, the "Kind" Mother sent a wave of divine energy on the center of the Sprite city of Memunim. At first, the city seemed unaffected and indeed, it was left untouched.

But illusions of flammes from all the colors of a rainbow began to glow on every of its inhabitants, catching their attention as Xiren, using her divine magic over the Fey to appear to each of the Sprites as a creature of Unearthly beauty, descended upon them. Her voice was soft and playfull, as she knew instincively the basic nature of the Fey people.
    "-Follow me, my children. Follow me and forget this impostor who told you he was your father. Come with me to the wild where we will enjoy endlessly our lifes."

The Sprites hesitated for a time. Then, half of them laughted and followed the goddess. Most did it out of pure curiosity but many had literally drunk the words of Xiren and were already her fanatic followers while not even knowing her that much. The other half tried to persuade their brothers to wait for Parda to explain himself...but the charm was too strong, as Xiren had dominion over the Fey race. As they walked to the Putrid Swamp and as the distance from Memunim increased, the doubts of the charmed sprites disapeared and Xiren began her true work...
    "-Let's reshape those ugly little ones into something more...fitting. You'll be MY followers, now. MY children !! The children of the Kind Mother...

Spoiler
    Show

1 Major Act :
    Convert half of the Sprites, using my Fey domain to do so. They follow Xiren without question to the Putrid Swamp and, under the Mutagenic Seed's influence, they'll slowly become "twisted" Grigs. Their alignement'll change to CE. Their only magical power will be Faery Fire and Charm person but they can use it at will. They'll also breed two time faster but with their really unsafe lifestyle, let's say there is none effect.

So, sorry Armin but you kinda called for it.
    I wrote in the status that I wanted the grigs and so I take them back. However, because you spent Major Act to create the Sprites, I let you half of them : Pixies and Nixies. I was planning to create the Fey tomorrow only but I guess I'll have to rush it.
    Warring Gods(Don't worry, not angry, just role playing)
    "DEFEND YOURSELF!" Before Parda even said this word, he immediately brought a battle axe, in an attempt to bring Xiren down, between its body.(Trying to say this in a role play sense instead of a "I got you" sense.) Parda was using his great insight to see what Xiren was going to do next, and if he dodged, he would use his weaker magic, that could be used in an instant attack, to take Xiren off guard.... Fire should be able to burn plants.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Nirhek

he continues speaking to Xiren as if the fight is nothing. I apologize, my name is Nirhek, Anarch, Count, and Tsar. I am the lord of chaos and transmutation. I can help you with the Magic Man there if you wish.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Cale

Cale sensed the battle that was about to erupt between the two gods, and quickly appeared between the two. Prefering to prevent as much violence as he could, Cale raised his shield to block the incoming blow, and eclaimed, "Whats going on over here?!"

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

Huang Long, the Dragon Emperor

Huang Long nodded, and thought.

The spirits will need recourse for formal meeting he thought to Kuto, and flattened out a section of the clouds, bringing up majestic walls of wood and gold, and erecting a grand pagoda in the middle. It lacked walls, and was exposed to air, and around it were various other constructions.

Should a god or mortal wish to petition us, they may do so in the heavenly court. Similarly, if a god or mortal offends us, they may be summoned to the heavenly court to answer for themselves. I do not foresee that we will be concerned with the court frequently - the spirits may handle all but the most important of affairs.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Parda
    Parda used a non hurtful stunning spell with the next swing of his axe, the axe went through Cale without harming him, instead using an effect of paralysis....Hopefully it would get him out of the way without jeopardizing the battle.
    "Pardon me." Was Parda's response...

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

"-What are you doing ?!! You fool !!"
    She dodged the first two strikes but couldn't avoid the third...nor the following ones. Screaming, she let herself fall to the ground as fire began to engulf her frail body. But it would take more than mere flames to kill a goddess. Wounded in her body but also in her pride, she rose and faced Parda for a mere moment...before her petals protected the frail human torso. Telepathic message reached Parda.

"-I'm of your kin !! You know this won't kill me !! At worse, it can only weaken me !! Stop at once !!"
    As she "spoke", her charm over the fairies seemed to disminished...but only for a mere second, as many of them runned to her help, hurling themselves in the way of the Mage God.
    "-MOTHER !!!"
    "-Protect the Kind Mother from the impostor !!"
    Then came Cale...but it didn't stop Parda for long.
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-11-08 at 09:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Nirhek to Cale Well my good man, as far as I can tell, m'lady hear used her power over the pixies of the forest to get half of the wee little sprites the Magic man has to follow her, The Magician here took offense and attacked her. that's pretty much summarizes what's happened so far.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

8. - Top - End - #248

BardGuy

Cale

Cale quickly used his own natural healing magic to heal his paralysis, and said, "Leave her alone until we can talk! Violence is not the answer!"

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Xiren

"-What are you doing ?!! You fool !!"
    She dodged the first two strikes but couldn't avoid the third...nor the following ones. Screaming, she let herself fall to the ground as fire began to engulf her frail body. But it would take more than mere flames to kill a goddess. Wounded in her body but also in her pride, she rose and faced Parda for a mere moment...before her petals protected the frail human torso. Telepathic message reached Parda.

"-I'm of your kin !! You know this won't kill me !! At worse, it can only weaken me !! Stop at once !!"
    As she "spoke", her charm over the fairies seemed to disminished...but only for a mere second, as many of them runned to her help, hurling themselves in the way of the Mage God.
    "-MOTHER !!!"
    "-Protect the Kind Mother from the impostor !!"
    Then came Cale...but it didn't stop Parda for long.

"YOU HAVE CORRUPTED MY CHILDREN AND TWIST THEM TO CALL YOU "MOTHER"!." Parda bellowed. "STAND AND FIGHT OR BE KNOWN AS A MOTHER...." Parda almost finished his sentence with a cuss word.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Nirhek

I Agree! violence between gods is never good when the person who I want as an ally is losing! stop this at once! using a bit o his power over chaos, he caused the battleaxe to begin shifting position mid strike, ruling out any accuracy.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

She saw a chance in Nirhek's words.
    "-Yes !! Yes, it's true !! He stole me and then attacked me when I came to call back my due, my...children !!"
    A handfull of said children were lying on the ground, half dead but still under the charm.

"-Protect...the...moth..arg"

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Rudah, The Preserver

This battle is no more than petty acting. Neither of you can directly harm the other. Speak over your differences and stop wasting your time.
    "I'll give you a 10 second head start; if I catch you, I eat you."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Xiren

She saw a chance in Nirhek's words.
    "-Yes !! Yes, it's true !! He stole me and then attacked me when I came to call back my due, my...children !!"
    A handfull of said children were lying on the ground, half dead but still under the charm.

"-Protect...the...moth..arg"
    "If you'll notice, the liar is harming her children with her charms. The Sprite people are not even fey. I am attacking her, she is killing my people through a selfish deed of cunning."

14. - Top - End - #254

BardGuy

Cale

"Oh, they'll be fine," Cale said, as he pulled out his sword, he then swung his sword over the spirits, and brought them backl to life, healed of any charm affecting them.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor act used to bring them back and heal/protect them from any charms

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter190 View Post
    Cale

"Oh, they'll be fine," Cale said, as he pulled out his sword, he then swung his sword over the spirits, and brought them backl to life, healed of any charm affecting them.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor act used to bring them back and heal/protect them from any charms
    "Well, consider this, mortals are no one's property any more than a mother owns her child.... This "Mother" seeks to kidnap members of my family. This I cannot allow."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

Not feeling threatened anymore, now that other gods were protecting her, Xiren went out of her "shell", her petals opening up.
    "-Come on, who's going to trust that one !! He is just a thief and a killer. He has done nothing but that since his arrival on this world !! I will not tolerate this barbarian ruling over my children, forcing them to act as he is pleased."
    Not really subtle, she poured charming pollen all over the place.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Parda
    Taking "Mother" off gaurd, Parda then used a non-lethal force attack from his power over wisdom to blast Xiren out of his territory without harming her. "You are exiled from this land..." Parda poured the strength of his will against Xiren in order to ban her presence from the land.

18. - Top - End - #258

BardGuy

Cale

"Xiren, please, now your just acting like a fool. WHen I raised your sprites, I gave them protection from charms. And those charms will definetly not affect gods. How about we go to the court room the sky gods have built. We can discuss this there," Cale said with a smile, sticking his hand out and bowing slightly, as if to say, after you.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Nirhek

looking around any bets on how long the city lasts?

quickly telaporting to where Xiren landed So, need any help? I grant you all the aid I can in whatever plot your cooking up to regain your rightful children.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Rudah, The Preserver

Rudah left the scene and moved to the South. Cale puts himself in the business of which he has no reason to intervene. Let them waste their energies fighting, while the level headed expand our influence and expression.
    Last edited by Sacrath; 2008-11-08 at 09:29 PM.
    "I'll give you a 10 second head start; if I catch you, I eat you."

21. - Top - End - #261

Kuto

Hmm...there seems to be a show out there...but I must finish here.

Kuto added color to the landscape. The clouds were tinted the lightest shade of pink, the rivers ran clear and blue and the spaces in between the clouds became black, lit by the shining of stars that formed constellations far different than those of the mortal realm.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

"-A court ?! And what autority hold this court over me or, for what this matters, Parda ?! Is there a greater power to enforce its judgement ? And even if there is one, why should I submit to it while I'm in my right ? I take what I want, when I want it and ESPECIALLY if it was mine to begin with !! Our creator gifted me with a..."
    Desire to hurt, to twist, to spoil, to corrupt, to steal ?
    "-... strong maternal instinct for the Fey. While HE was surely gifted with trickery and anger !!

She then turned to Nirhek
    "-I don't like any of you. But you, I hate you less than the others...for now. Keep being a gentle puppy who show pitty for me and I shall show you that I deserve to be FEARED, not protected !!
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-11-08 at 09:38 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Nirhek

quite simply, I'm asking if you'd like an alliance. friends are rather hard to come by in this world, if you've noticed.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Raminov

Acknowledging the error Raminov and his throne disappeared. They both reappeared above the fighting gods. He visibly sucked in the polluted air of the swamplands and let out a bellow that echoed across the whole swamp QUIET! the bellow disturbed the water, shook the trees and caused activity in the swamp, all of the activity, to halt until the echoes finally subsided, and life returned to normal. You and your petty squabbles. This fighting gets us nowhere. We should discuss this, like GODS, we should be above such petty things. We need not lower ourselves.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

25. - Top - End - #265

BardGuy

Cale

Cale, angrly turned towards the "mother", and said while he stroked his brow, "Their not FEY! And secondly, he made them! He's their father! Your not even the parent. You know what. here's your choice. We can take this to court where you stand a chance, or I heal all of your "children," making sure they never fall under your charms again. Whats your choice?"

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

Momentanely stunned by Raminov's shoot, Xiren staid quiet for a whole minute...but Cale's words made her speachfull again.
    "-So...your healing seems more about brainwashing than anything to me. And you are, once again, threathening me, Cale of the Light. What a marvellous example of Justice you show here. You give me the choice between letting you judge me or... acting by yourself against me, without judgement ? Your paladins would be proud of you."

The voice was mocking and full of malvolence. She laught slightly and her voice became amused and playfull, but still disdainful
    "-Turn my children's fate to the decision of a false defender of Justice or just let this wicked self-proclaimed judge mindcontrol them ? I'm wondering what to choose..."
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-11-08 at 10:22 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267

BardGuy

Cale

Cale msirked, and said, "I never said I was going to be the judge. I just suggested we go to court. And it seems your the brainwasher. I just revert their bodies to their natural state, unafflicted by charms."

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Raminov

Speaking through gritted teeth, Raminov cursed Cale's foolishness and brazen ignorance of negotiating skills. There will be no judge, merely a court where we can all speak our minds and come to a RATIONAL decision. This will include all the gods who bother attending, and as such you will not be subject to the justice of any ONE god, and not all gods think like Cale.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

29. - Top - End - #269

BardGuy

Cale

Cale looked sheepishly over his shoulder, and looked at Rominov before saying, "Yeah, what he said."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

"-Really ? And so, ALL gods will decide and ALL will bow to the court's final decision ? Even Cale and Parda ?"
    She looked at Cale, a provoking air on her pale face.
    "-Soooo, Shiny Cale, will you bow to the court, WHATEVER its decision is ? And do you swear to enforce this court's decision if any god shall oppose it ?"