Nothing to see here. Repost ther L.A
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation-Verse 3

Raliak

Raliak regarded the prospect with relish. As the bitter cold began permeating the air he lifted his grand scythe and carved it in a downward arc, flames appeared on it's brilliant edge but did not seem to affect the chill at all, but they proved themselves potent as the blade slammed into Lux and the fire began burning through his body.

[Rolled a 20]

Spoiler
    Show
    BATTLE IS JOINED. So I'm now down to 1 AP once more
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Marda, Rice Fields

A voice, not from Elimanishon, comes out of Elimanishon. Feminine, and accompanied by the soft sound of a crackling fire.

"I'm sorry, but you'd have to dispose the Sun God to dispose of Marda."

Marda laughs, switching to a tone of mock sympathy.

"If you're dying, can we have your things? We'll take care of it like our own creations... I can't, but Sun God can.

Before anyone else can speak, Marda quickly ads,

Oh, and before you start stabbing Sun God or something, I'm not with Varr anymore. I'M FREEEEEEEE!!!

... At least in a mental sense. Body is pretty much gone. Sun God was nice enough to share his, leaving me to poke his ribs."

Elimanishon face twitches in response to this, most likely because Marda had poked him in the ribs to prove her point.
    Last edited by Moose Fisher; 2008-11-08 at 11:28 PM.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Xiua'hi: Rice Fields

Xiua'hi taps his chin with a free hand, almost in thought

"My things? No...I have someone in mind for it. But if he drops out your more then free to have them. Now the real question. Why would I stab my own nephew in the face? Even if he means me harm, I really...do not care for conflict. But good for you child, freedom is a wonderful thing."
    My Current Works

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon

"So... yeah. I did something weird." He shrugs. "That tickles."

6. - Top - End - #6

"Well nephew. She's your responsibility now. I don't really think I need to give you "the talk" do I?

Xiua'hi can't help but smile ever so slightly
    My Current Works

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think I am going to be sick. So very, very... very, very, very sick."

8. - Top - End - #8

"They do have that effect on you from time to time"

Xiua'hi then stands, striding toward the pair

"Now then. Enjoy your scarecrow. Unless you have need of me longer? I sadly really must get going soon"
    My Current Works

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

"Scare? Crow? Well. Be off with you then. We certainly know you've been slacking during these millenia and it's about time you pulled your weight." He crossed his arms, took up his rod, almost bowed, and then disappeared.

10. - Top - End - #10

Xiua'hi: Rice Fields

Children....how amusing....

Xiua'hi then appears in the room known as The Scrying Chamber, sitting himself on the floor and leaning back against a wall. As he said, he had to stay youthful somehow.

Tebryn: The Ruby Wall

Tebryn had returned home, finding his three closest fiends gone....further investigation showed what they were up to. Sadly, they were to far gone to call back. But the Ruby Wall could move independntly, and so it did to the city of Chenggo, hovering above it and keeping watch as the large city expanded well into a large city state.

The first true empire of the Half Elves was being forged through trade, friendship and hard work. And when he was awake and feeling well enough, he would go and help build the houses of his people.

Youth was a blessing
    My Current Works

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

Elimanishon's mind rings with laughter,

"AHAHAHA! 'The Talk'? That's the AHAHA funniest thing... I've heard AHAHA in ages. And you HAHA chickened out!? HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Do girls AHAHAHA make you queasy? HA HA HA Maybe I should give you HA HA my own version of HA 'The Talk' HA Ha ha haaaa.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Void - The Scrying Chamber
    Ferru'Dar stood up from his throne and bowed gracefully and respectfully to Xiua'Hi's presence; his recently evolved cloak of glistening, planar aeon threads flowing gracefully over his flawlessly sculpted armor/muscles.
    Greetings Verdant Lord. To what do I owe the honor of your presence?
    The Flawless Emperor stands up in his flawless, upright stance, his hands indistinctly resting on the handles of the Dual Vuleiian WarHammers/Mauls.

Back on the Playground, Atheos teaches his students how to fly into a controlled rage and then suddenly screams a curse to his, or more specifically Ferru'Dar's, lack of awareness due to focusing too much attention on Vu'Xiang. The emotions of Ferru'Dar were stored within his body and his students were used to the raging outbursts by now. In fact they were learning from it.
    Seriously. Do it.

Life is hard, life is harder when you're stupid
    Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

Xiua'hi: The Scrying Chamber

Xiua'hi waves a hand as if to dismiss something

"Such a title. That is hardly important. Xiua'hi will be more then proper in such a circumstance. I have watched your people, have seen the problems of their creation and first empire. I came as a gesture of good will, for balance and for those whom wish to keep it preserved. Surely you did not think you would go without notice for long?"
    My Current Works

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Cornu Copiae

The Priest-King sits down in his office and considers the news brought by the constant scrying and divinations. It would seem that on the mainland continent, constant freeze overs were occurring at a regular rate. To make things worst, undeads were making regular appearances all over the place. This was not good at all.

Looking at his advisers, he shares the information with them, and it isn't long before a decision is made, all Theocratic forces were to be put in full alert, including the Amalthean Priesthood. Very soon orders were sent around.

The Grin

The Theocratic ambassador mulls over the orders sent to him by the Priest-King. Things were not looking well near the blessed isle, and all forces were ordered to muster and be prepared for the worst possible situation. That includes the hundreds of Amalthean priests who were sent to aid the Grin for the invasion of Varlen which never occurred, thanks to the Heavenly Host. At the moment, the priests were just sitting in the Grin idly, and that just wouldn't do.

A gate is opened, and with that, the hundreds of Amalthean priests walk through it and return back to Cornu Copiae, bolstering their forces significantly.

Heaven's Citadel, Amalthea

Amalthea sends a message to Fiona

"Dearest Fiona, I sent my servant to look into the Burning Void for Lord Enigma after his scrying failed him. Upon arrival he met a... peculiar character who claimed to be one offspring of a Magnus and Grizzn'at who has now claimed the Burning Fortress as his own.

My servant believes that this fact and in combination with his failure to scry can only mean one thing: Lord Enigma is no longer in this world. My apologies for not being able to find him, this was the best we could do with our limited abilities.
    "
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-11-09 at 06:30 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

15. - Top - End - #15

Yen: Scarlet Moon

Yen had been busy, the flesh he had gained from the….he’d just call him G…was proving more interesting then he had first thought. He then sent it to the Twins, to make of it what they would. Surely they’d figure something out. Another oddity had appeared, several of his Zhansihi had grown marks on their skin, a strange circle with a coiled snake. He’d have to do some more investigation later.

Tebryn: The Ruby Wall

Niu Kai’Tuo could handle herself, he was rather sure of that. Her work with the Vu’Xiang would be delicate to be sure, and appearing now would only hinder her work in profound ways. But the new land, he had seen his people’s work there on the shore, and it was there he would plant himself next. Mustav was doing well with Chenggo, the city having expanded an impressive 80% with little effort. He’d gone down to aid them, it took several weeks out of his plans but it was required, all had to give aid for the time being. A city would not raise from the hills and mountains without proper guidance.

A second Temple had been built, the land of Cauldron had been named the production capital of the newly formed country system, a third Temple of the Owl gracing its shores, the one on the Rig expanding to a full blown imperial structure. The older Ex-Patriots were all slowly dying off or simply giving up, and while he was dissatisfied with the outcome, the younger priests and water benders had not relented, placing him at the head of the Temple Complex’s. And it was all this he contemplated as he hovered over the large tent camp, leaving Bastion to walk the beachs and speak to the representative of the Cantrev Kingdoms.
    My Current Works

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Moko. Because her player totally didn't forget her.

And no. I don't expect to die. I have followers in wasteland. I have a few followers here even. The death of my son would by no means spell my end as well.

Well... Unless it goes as it went last time I was here. As soon as my son left, your death god went into the void and threatened me if I didn't leave. I think. At least. I couldn't understand what he actually said. But the tone and the way he held that kopesh made it clear.

Moko actually has nothing to say about the strategy against Varlen, past waters and she doesn't really care.

----

Meanwhile.

Thirsting Peaks.

The Crucians of the Path of Glory were staving off the advance of water necromentals that where trying to leave Varlen.

Looking succesful so far.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ferru'Dar shrugs casually, although there was nothing casual about his flawless posture.
    Honestly, I did not.
    His arms flash in a brilliant blur as draws his dual Vuleiian WarHammers with flawless grace and speed. Xiua'hi was unfazed, a good sign. He held out both of his arms and balanced the center of the double headed WarHammers on the gaps between his thumbs and index fingers. He begins to spin the Warhammers around his fingers like a gambler would a coin; the centripetal force, flawless balance of the weapons and the flawless movements of his double-jointed fingers kept them from falling. He then moves on to spin the WarHammers between his arms and hands and then sends them spinning into the air, letting them flawlessly land on the tips of his index fingers, still perfectly balanced at the center.
    But of course, Balance is Key He recited from his dogma and made several of his armor plates open up, revealing the chainmail that was wrought with the primordial energies of creation which was kept in check by his divine plate armor.
    After all, civilization cannot survive without nature and in turn nature must be kept in check by civilization
    He bowed respectfully again while still keeping his Warhammers perfectly balanced on his fingertips.
    But I digress. For what purpose have you graced me with your presence?
    Seriously. Do it.

Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

Xiua'hi: The Scrying Chamber

"I am dying. And I wish to know that when I cross over to what ever realm I go to next, that this one is left in proper and well intentioned hands. You understand of course. Many of my children yet wander the world, and I would like to know that they will not be slaughtered by the more...ignorant children. It may seem selfish or arrogant, but they are still my children.

It is simply out of respect and a like minded life style that I come here first. It is simply timing that has forced me to come now. Sadly I had hoped to speak with you at length a good deal of time ago, but such is not always the way life goes. I am sure you understand."
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ferru'Dar: The Scrying Chamber

Ferru'Dar nods respectfully to Xiua'Hi.
    Of course I understand Earth Lord, one with responsibilities such as yourself is often preoccupied especially with the threat of the Beast Varr. as he contemplates what he had jut divulged. He was dying. Of course this was not an unknown occurrence for Ferru'Dar. After all, mere moments after he had given his children life he had believed that his divine life was at an end, not that it mattered much to him at the time and he recited to Xiua'Hi his thoughts at the time of his "death".
    Your passing is an unfortunate event, to say the least, but the will of a father lives on in his children, Xiua, he stops momentarilly and gestures as if asking if the title was appropriate. Xiua'Hi shrugged. Ferru'dar waved his hand in order to have the Flawless Sphere conjure up images to compliment his words. As you know my children were ravaged mere moments after their birth, a fault of my own. But they survived and they thrived. It is not selfish for one to care for their children, after all ones will lives on in their resolute hands.
    The Flawless Sphere projected an image of the Vuleii and of Vu'Xiang in all it's glory.
    Of course I have had a hand in my children's survival but it was their own will that allowed them to thrive in such a hostile land. Your children are strong Xiua, and they have the will and strength of the earth, not unlike yourself.
    The projection now showed the farmers of Vu'Xiang's northern peak, harvesting a crop of rice.
    Of course, without your children most beings of the Playground could not exist! Your children, even the most insignificant, are essential to the balance of the Playground and only a fool would destroy them.
    The speech thus far was more for the sake of Ferru'Dar, to remind him of his responsibilities to the Playground. No doubt Xiua'Hi knew all of this all along!
    The projection now showed the deadlands and the devastated land that was Varlen.
    But, of course fools exist in this land and unfortunately many hold power. Terrible power.
    The projection then shifted back to Vu'Xiang.
    Balance is key and the hands of fools lead only to destruction. My children understand above all else that balance is key to everything, even my own son now works to create a harmonious balance between the formidable rage of nature and the calm of civilization.
    As if in reaction to his words, the projection shifted to Atheos, hard at work teaching his students.

Vu'Xiang - The Eastern Peak

Atheos had just finished giving his students a training exercise and had separated them into two units based on their individual talents. He took both units and led them through their first training regiment of the day. Meditation.
    The key is to partition your mind... Let your conscious slowly separate and your unconscious will follow suit...
    After about an hour of meditation, he left the first unit to continue meditating so that they could practice sealing their emotions behind a mental barrier as he led the second unit through an exercise to better control their bodies. He led them all through a fast paced stretching exercise and let the pace increase and decrease erratically in order to better tune their bodies to the ever-changing flow of combat. By now all of the students in both units had attuned their bodies to the erratic pace and were going through he exercise with relative ease. Atheos smiled.
    They then began their first combat exercise of the day. Atheos used his divine powers to conjure ghostly images of himself for each of his students. They knew that although they were not totally corporeal, they could still easily kill a man. In fact, they were more dangerous than a normal combatant because their ghostly weapons bypassed the students customary plate armor which normally compensated for their restricted movements. Atheos chuckled and the images set off, trying to flay their opponents to death.
    The Key is to both force and allow the adrenaline to flow through your body! But only your body! You must keep your mind partitioned! But you cannot only let the adrenaline flow, you must force it to! Imagine the consequences of defeat against your opponent! Focus on every move he makes and amplify every sound his body makes! Let the noise, light and every other stressor increase in your body and force out the adrenaline, but only your in your body!
    Atheos had barked out this lecture hundreds of times before and the students had already forced out a surge of adrenaline at the moment the ghost-images began to move. Their speed and strength increased substantially but their minds kept clear and allowed them the to both anticipate and outright evade any incoming blows. Atheos was impressed, he would not be surprised if they could work force the adrenaline out in order to evade a hidden assailant!
    After the combat exercise, he gave his students no reprieve and had them begin their brutal muscle building exercises. He started them off punching urns of iron filings and let them continue the log punching, boulder throwing, pillar catching, waterfall climbing, etc by themselves as he began the exercises for his first unit in order to control their emotionally driven rages. It began with more meditating.
    Seriously. Do it.

Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Xiua’hi: The Scrying Chamber

“Well then, it seems I need not worry for the moment. Though. Even the Invader Varr is required for Balance. His very existence could be called the Balance this world needed. He has come again, and while this was expected, it was not meant to be. He has broken the…ennui of the younger gods, given them something to grow strong against. And that is his purpose. To die so that others may grow strong. A cycle of godly might shall continue. Be well."

Xiua’hi then faded, bowing deeply, appearing next to his fourth son. The God of Darkness.

“Dark Child. Are you better now?”

Tebryn: Cantrv Kingdoms

Tebryn had chosen the day to walk among the tents, leaning from the representatives and to help consolidate the power of the tent city which had been given the name Shu’an. He sent an “owl” to the woman who had met his people at the shore, requesting a meeting.

Niu Kai’Tuo: Vu’Xiang

The city was something to say the least. Much like the Palace of Justified Hate she had visited so long ago when she was a child. The fact that they had a place such as this made her only slightly uncomfortable, yet at the same time relived that she would not have to worry about her hopefully new found allies. More messages had come from Chenggo, Tebryn had returned…and while not pleased with the over all consensus had finally relented from the crushing waves

She had found a guide to take her to the council, and after a week of walking the streets and learning of the cuisine and customs, she had surmised that both her culture and that of Vu’Xiang was startlingly similar, so much so she easily seemed to blend in as a near native, though her appearance and several distinct and glaring details set her apart. She had brought gifts from the caravan to the council, and merely awaited for an audience.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-11-09 at 03:09 PM.
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Elimanishon, Talking to Himself and Anyone Else Thus Included

"Pssh. Talk like that will only hasten me to get you some more company... I wonder what Trandel is up to. Hmm?"

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Xiua’hi then faded, bowing deeply, appearing next to his fourth son. The God of Darkness.

“Dark Child. Are you better now?”
    Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll, Throne of Pogwydion

"Better than I was before, but still not completely healed. It will be another while until I'm fully healed. Thank you for asking though. This is, I believe, the third time you have come seeking my presence. The first 2 were both after I had suffered grievous loss, but I have lost nothing since that I know of. Unless it is you, who has lost something?"
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rihn: Vu'Xiang

Rihn had departed with Lady Niu Kai'Tuo when they had arrived, it seemed that she had wanted to experience the culture of Vu'Xiang before meeting with the council. Rihn herself had to meet with the council to arrange a meeting. To be honest, the council wanted to meet with Niu and soon as she had arrived but she had disappeared by the time Rihn was finished with her council duties.
    She walked up to a rather modest inn, at least compared to the rest of the Central Peak, and walked inside. Rihn chuckled. The paramount spell of a cleric of The Flawless Emperor allowed for one to know every fact about a city and be able to locate and communicate with anyone in the city. Rihn often feigned that she was unable to cast such a mighty spell and even though the council knew she could, they could do little to convince her to use it. Rihn had wanted Niu to absorb the culture of Vu'Xiang before meeting with the council and no doubt she had, but a week had passed and it was time for an audience.
    Rihn stepped in and found Niu sipping a cup of tea in the lounge. Rihn sat next to her and ordered a cup of vodka, a customary drink for Vuleii.
    Greeting Lady Niu Kai'Tuo, I assume that you have enjoyed your stay at Vu'Xiang thus far?
    Niu nodded respectfully to Rihn.
    Yes I have Lady Rihn. I must say, you're people are very hospitable.
    Rihn giggled, and conjured up an image, no a portal, to the council chamber.
    I'm very glad to hear that. But I'm afraid that we must depart. The council has requested an audience and it would be greatly appreciated if you would agree.
    She left out the part where Rihn herself had delayed the meeting until now.
    Niu finished the last sip of her tea and stood up, ready to depart.
    Of course, but may we first make a stop so that I may gather our gifts for the council?
    Rihn giggled again and waved her hand which shifted the view of the portal, showing the gifts already outside the audience chamber.
    You did not think we were sitting idly for the last week did you?
    The two walked through the portal and appeared before the council.
    The council spokesman was the first to speak.
    Greetings Lady Niu Kai'Tuo, it is an honor to meet you. We have been expecting you for some time... The spokesman glared momentarily at Lady Rihn who simply shrugged casually.

Atheos: North of Vu'Xiang

Atheos believed that his students were almost ready and it was time for their final test. He had requested that the council allow him to establish a pioneer base in the lands north of the Iron Sands, north of the desert.
    We have already established civilization in almost all hospitable parts of the desert! All the oasis's already have outposts, there are port cities being constructed all along coasts, there are already 4 major cities already established other than Vu'Xiang and a sigil rune infrastructure has been built in and between every one of them! The Iron Sands are already well on their way to their destiny and I can do greater good out there, in the rest of the world! Civilization should not only be limited to The Iron Sands: It is the duty of civilized people to spread the glories of civilization and to advance civilization itself.
    It is the duty of civilized people to assist the barbarians to achieve their ultimate destiny.

His speech's particular concern with civilization and reference to the dogma of The Flawless Emperor played well with the hearts and minds of the council and they permitted him to lead the pioneer colonization. All for the sake of civilization.

As Atheos gathered his 96 students, 48 in each unit (a lucky number in Vuleiian society) as well as an additional 48 hand-picked civilians of various races to provide the necessities for the establishment of a city. Each one was skilled at their craft, at the very least a journeyman in their respective guilds, and were chosen based on interviews conducted by Atheos himself. He also tested how well they could fight. Needless to say, the clerics were very busy last night.
    Atheos had his toughest students, mostly Ferruiin, captain the Sand-Skidders. The Sand-Skidders were a recent invention of a genius by the name of Zhin'Fahn which solved the problem of traversing the desert.
    You see, the problem with the current caravans is that they use wheels with axises powered by sigil rune grids. But not only are these grids low power for economic reasons, the wheels has difficulty traversing the sands due to their design. So! I have designed a sigil rune grid that will remedy this problem! For the sake of those not from my guild, I will not go into details but essentially my sigil grid creates a magnetic field around this vehicle I call a "Sand-Skidder" which perpetually holds it in above the ground at a certain level. The runic grid automatically detects any shifts of the weight inside the field and adjusts the magnetic field to compensate. The grid can be inscribed on over 23 sets of rings and bars that can be attached around different size Skidders and have sigil runes at their bases that perpetually hold them at the same elevation. In essence this sigil grid makes the Skidders and possibly other vehicles float perpetually and by utilizing these thrusters I have made using a different, fire sigil grid that utilizes black powder, mini-portal spells, and amplifying crystals to let out an adjustable stream of fire that provides thrust to accommodate the movement of the Skidders. If you increase the thrust of one side's thrusters you can also make up to 90 degree turns!
    Atheos had been attending the meeting because the council had declared that it was mandatory for all the important personal of Vu'Xiang. He was surprisingly interested so far. Zhin'Fahn had cleared his throat as he began to point out the flaws.
    U-Unfortunately such a powerful grid requires a lot of power to run and the driver has to have a very hearty constitution in order for it to run properly. Especially at speeds of over 90 mph, the power required to increase the speed can essentially double and constant maintenance may be required.
    Although there was some concern about this, especially considering that when sigil spells were concerned "power" meant blood and "maintenance" meant refueling the grid with blood, but that was remedied by a group of Ferruiin, minotaurs, and dwarves who established the Maintenance Guild.
    In essence they were a group of tough individuals who trained constantly to increase their body's conditions, muscle mass, and essentially the amount of blood they had. The rankings and positions in the guild were based around the condition, quality, and volume of blood one has and the Maintenance Guild essentially sold their blood to power the sigil runes that were essential to Vuleiian infrastructure. However, Atheos had been to the Maintenance Guild and despite what one would think of a guild of Blood-traders, it was possibly the most sanitary and presentable of all the guilds. One would think that a guild of blood-marketers would be dirty and chaotic and filled with whiny emo kids but because the members valued their health above all else, the Guild Halls were kept in sanitary conditions and the only areas that weren't perfectly clean were gyms that were often filled with sweaty individuals. In fact, Atheos had recruited many of his students from this guild because of the amazing conditions of their bodies. Even the Blood Chambers were overwhelmingly sanitary, there wasn't even any blood in the place! Other than in the canisters and vials that was. But after all, the quality of the blood determined it's sale price and the cleaner the extraction, the more money the guildies made.

Atheos was captaining the largest sand skidder, holding all 48 craftsmen, and sat on the drivers seat at the rear. The seat and the floor in a 5 meter radius around the seat was covered with sigil runes which glowed intensely when the Maintenance Guild's canisters were placed in the injection capsules. The 8 Sand Skidders had enough fuel to travel over 1200 miles is necessary, as long as they didn't get into any fights. Without using their own blood, the drivers couldn't reach speeds of over 60 mph and any complex maneuvering would require quite a bit of the drivers blood to work.
    Atheos put on his goggles in order to prevent the sand from blinding him, his face still emotionless. It was as if he was sealing them away. The passengers did the same, the goggles that is, and each clipped enchanted brooches on their clothes that prevented the magnetic field from making any metal on their personal from floating in the air.
    Atheos kicked off his boots and put his captain's shirt on, one that had no back, and placed his bare feet against the sigil inscribed pedals and his now bare back against the inscribed seat which activated the system. He spoke into a tube to the left of his headrest which transmitted his words to the other pilots. That in combination with his enchanted goggles which gave him a 360 range of sight let him keep the other Skidders in check.
    Everyone ready?
    Affirmative
    Yup
    Ready to roll!
    Yes Sir!
    Ready
    Yeah
    Let's Do This!

They all floored the pedals and sent the Skidders flying forward, the "levitating" vehicles speeding over the sands without disturbing the tremor-sensing creatures.
    Seriously. Do it.

Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Xiua'hi: The Darkness

Xiua'hi places a hand on Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll's shoulder

"Let us talk. I am dying. And I am doing what is required of me before I do so, to set things in order before I must pass on. I must know for certain you will maintain balance and order in the name of this world, and that you will make certain that the Invaders and those that came from beyond will not put our world into a strangle hold."

Niu Kai'Tuo: Vu'Xiang

"And I have been eager to speak with you. Forgive me for bringing in this bit of luggage, but it is...vital that I have such a large ammount of water. Is there anything required of me by your mandates that I must follow before we continue?"
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-11-09 at 06:08 PM.
    My Current Works

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Oni, Varlen

Oni sent a message back to Fiona

Spoiler
    Show
    So... how is this gunna work? You just want me to go back there, find Trandel, and then go kill him, or do you have a bigger plan in mind. Due to some ingenious reverse psychology, my good friend Vincent will probably be joining my efforts
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

26. - Top - End - #26

Xiua'hi places a hand on Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll's shoulder

"Let us talk. I am dying. And I am doing what is required of me before I do so, to set things in order before I must pass on. I must know for certain you will maintain balance and order in the name of this world, and that you will make certain that the Invaders and those that came from beyond will not put our world into a strangle hold."

"... Ok. Totally not expecting that. Nonetheless, I will carry on your work, though it drive me to the ground. I will fight for the freedom and continuation of this world, though it give me a hundred bleeding wounds. Though, I fear for your brother's reaction to this ill news. Have you talked to my uncle yet?"

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Council: Vu'Xiang
    The Spokesman of the Council gestures towards the corridor behind Lady Niu and a group of soldiers carry in the massive jug of water and set it down beside her. Those same soldiers retreat back to the corridor and train arrows on Lady Niu, and this time they have some friends. The Spokesman waves his hand which dismisses the archers and the hidden archers dotted around the chamber unstring their arrows.
    My Apologies Lady Niu Kai'Tuo but even though all of us are formidable fighters, it is customary to have the elite of the elite protect us. but do not worry, they do not have their arrows trained on you.
    The council allow Lady Niu to situate herself upon a lavish chair and then the Spokesman begins to speak again.
    Now then Lady Niu Kai'Tuo, we wish to discuss the matters of a posible alliance between our two nations with you.
    Seriously. Do it.

Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

"No...my brother has...passed away as well. The Elder Gods are taking their leave. He in life and I...I will pass on to see those that went before me. To see the veil of the world...and to hopefully greet all other gods who pass on with joy when it is there time. Forgive me for bringing such...awful news. But I felt it only right.

I have..."mortal" followers who will aid you in your work. Never forget they are there to help you...even if they are less then helpful in how they go about it, they have the best interests in mind for our family and for the good of this world. Is there anything you require of me before I take my leave? This will no doubt be the last time we see each other face to face. At least in one sense."
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-11-09 at 06:47 PM.
    My Current Works

29. - Top - End - #29

"No...your brother has...passed away as well. The Elder Gods are taking their leave. He in life and I...I will pass on to see those that went before me. To see the veil of the world...and to hopefully greet all other gods who pass on with joy when it is there time. Forgive me for bringing such...awful news. But I felt it only right.

I have..."mortal" followers who will aid you in your work. Never forget they are there to help you...even if they are less then helpful in how they go about it, they have the best interests in mind for our family and for the good of this world. Is there anything you require of me before I take my leave? This will no doubt be the last time we see each other face to face. At least in one sense."

"All of the Elder's are passing then, if what you say is true. Teerp, Nessius, Ramus, all have been gone long before i was born. Enigma, now I hear, is gone, and Xiau'Hi takes his leave, and Xam has been dormant for the longest time...
    "That leaves only my generation. Ah, the burden of the world must always fall on younger shoulders, that's how it is with the mortals, is it not? I have no requirements for you, nothing to burden you with when you should be least burdened. If it is to be Farewell, than Farewell, Father. I trust I will meet you again, though not in this world."

If Gwyn had eyes, they would be leaking now.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

30. - Top - End - #30

"There are no good byes...only untill a later time. Do not worry my son. You are strong enough to take that which has been handed to you. Do not worry. I am proud of you."

Xiua'hi then gives Gwyn one more pat on the shoulder and a soft smile, disappearing from the plane.

Niu Kai’Tuo: Before the Council

Niu Kai’tuo places her hands in her sleeves and bows deeply.

“Grand Council of Vu’Xiang, I am Niu Kai’Tuo, follower of Tebryn and member of the Temple of the Owl. I represent the cities of Hope, Chenggo, and the new city of Bastion. I bring gifts to all of you, swords known as Fullblades, a standard weapon for our warriors. Silks and dyes from the now sunken islands of the Evad Chain. Food from the seas dried and cured much in the manner of your own food, but in the style and tradition of our people. Inside is also the knowledge of the many generals and leaders our people have known, powerful and masterful techniques that constant war and strife have bred. And for each, a single robe of the finest materials.”

Niu Kai’Tuo bows again, motioning to the jug of water.

“And the purpose of this will become known to you now. Our people were blessed on our exile…by forces we still do not know to this day. We were gifted with the power to move the very liquid that our ships rode upon, and while I wish we could share this knowledge with you, it is as much of who we are as flesh or bone. But I shall demonstrate the power we shall bring to bare on those who would call our friends and allies enemies!”

Niu then drops in stance, the jug exploding as what was once water became a single block of ice. It quickly changed back into water, becoming a wave of sapphire and foam, swirling around the Water Bender before taking on various shapes, first of ships and war, then that of animals from the far reach’s of Xiua. Each time the scene was frozen as the water quickly turned to ice.”

“But this is not simply for show, this is for defense, each ship of ours carry many of those who can do the very same as I.”

And then the water seemed to hover in the air, swirling like a looming storm cloud. And for a single moment of time, the whole room seemed frozen in time, and then suddenly the sound like that of glass breaking filled the room, the water becoming more like spikes of icy death as they fell to the ground around Niu Kai’tuo, forming a single grand torii before exploding into a fine misty rain.
    My Current Works