New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Close Encounters Of The Scaly Kind!

Ran Kang

((Well I know that, he probably does to, but its not..flowery.. >.>))

Ran throws an arm over the shoulder of Darolis, beaming

"Ahhh, that feels better, thank you new friend! Lets go ya?"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Vimak"

Vimak will seize onto the 'elf' that Kaori and Elyia do, so as to stay close to them.
    Last edited by ColdSepp; 2008-11-19 at 05:55 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Kaori

Kaori, affirming that the man had no pulse with her two-fingered touch to his neck, gave the slightest sigh before looking to the others that were alive. No longer focused on the downed man, she went to Vimak. She might have felt embarrassed by not picking up on his tense movements that told of injuries below the armour if the situation didn't sound dire. She asked where the most sore spots where, and then applied a divine touch to each area.

That should do it,” she smiled. “The Lady Elyia looks as fine as always. For now they're other people that need help, but if you need anything else, you need only ask.”

With that Kaori peered around not for anyone that was injured – it was obvious there were other healers among the group – but instead to the barwoman. She was a teenager; Kaori knew how being hurt didn't always have to do with physical wounds. Crossing the room calmly, she approached the woman. Saying softly, “Miss, are you okay? We're safe now, but I think we need to leave.”

Gentoo & ColdSepp:
    Spoiler
    Show

I would probably want to scan upstaires, just to see that no one is hiding up there, and thereby possibly left behind by what might be the only exit out of here.

Also, two Cure Minor Wound spells for Vimak.

Each of them heal Vimak for 4 health points (remember, I'm a healer, so the charisma gets translated into the healing spells). So that's 8 in total, and he should be fully healed now. But I really did think he was fully healed before. I'm not sure where the extra pain came from. Sorry for not noticing. >_<
    Last edited by Paramour Pink; 2008-11-19 at 04:13 PM.
    Djinn_in_Tonic avatar. I owe him a big thank you.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Keishara Embermist

"WHAT DID HE...THEY SAY?" Keishara asks too loudly. Seeing the others begin to huddle around the twins, Keishara follows suit and does as the others do.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

5. - Top - End - #95

Darolis

Darolis quickly gathers his gear and joins the rest around the twins.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Faervarhed

The gnome pulls himself up to his feet and scuttles over to grab hold of one of the elves, wedging himself in between two of the tallfolk.
    Lantanese gnome avatar by the talented Honest Tiefling.

Don't call it a rework - 5e Ranger optional class features

7. - Top - End - #97

Ran Kang

Ran lifts the gnome off the floor, placing him on his shoulders with a audible grunt

"Can't let you get stepped on there little guy! Once we're done here we'll get you some food so you can grow up big and tall. Thats how it works anyway."
    My Current Works

8. - Top - End - #98

Five of you hold on to the original elf, and he nodds to his duplicate. With a small pop, the five seem to vanish into thin air, reappearing not a moment later in a quite unfamiliar place.

The duplicated elf looks impaciently at Kaori.
    "What don't you understand abotu 'No Time'? We need to go now.
    Natural 20's: 1
    Natural 1's: 0
    As of 9/30/09

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Jack steps out into the light, making his presence known. He is still wearing a wide, toothy grin. He spreads his arms, holding his palms up, looking at them and then the elf. "Why?"
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Elyia calmly returned her whip to her belt, pleasantly surprised at the sudden appearance of the wizard. Upon hearing the wizard's command, Elyia did not react immediately - her first concern was to scan the room for her sister and brother. Vimak was made of tough stuff, but she always worried about Kaori just a little too much - even with two years out in the world, her sister still had a beautiful innocence to her. A sad, wistful smile crossed Elyia's features as she spotted Kaori affirm the death of the poor adventurer.

Elyia wasn't about to leave without Kaori, so the bard swiftly shoved her parchment into the pack and hoisted the sum total of her worldly possessions over her shoulder. The young woman began to jog over to where her sister was attempting to calm the frightened barmaid. As she moved, she began to study the stranger, hoping to uncover a clue to his identity - with power of that magnitude, surely he must be some kind of legend...

Arriving at the barmaid, Elyia, with a kind smile, took the girl's hand and placed it in Kaori's own. "Go to the portal with my sister Kaori, sweetie. Hurry!" she said, addressing the barmaid. Smiling at Kaori, she gave the two a light push in the direction of the stranger. "I'll be there momentarily - I have something to do first."

The urgency of the situation not lost to her, Elyia now began to run. Arriving at the corpse of the poor adventurer, she bent down and immediately began to lift. The weight of a full-grown adult male was immense, but she cared little. No composure left in her voice, she began to growl in a low, quiet voice, "I'm... not... leaving... you... behind! I don't care who you are, you deserve a better burial than this! I won't be able to get you out of my head if we leave you behind, and I doubt Kaori will either. But, for Lastai's sake, couldn't you weigh a bit less?!"

Covered in the dead man's blood, Elyia finally succeeding in lifting the fellow off of the ground. Staggering under the weight, she stumbled over to where Kaori and the Barmaid were. Grinning stupidly at Kaori, Elyia made a simple request - "Mind grabbing my hand? I'm a bit occupied."

Her sister's palm firmly clasped over Elyia's bloodstained hand, she awaited teleportation - hoping that it would come soon, because the bloody corpse in her arms felt like it was starting to weigh more!

"How's that possible?", she thought wryly, "Judging by all the blood that I'm getting covered in, you'd think he'd be losing weight."

Spoiler
    Show
    You can lift up to 2x your maximum load off the ground and stagger around with it. I figure it's pretty reasonable to think she can handle Kurt's corpse.

Sorry for semi-autoing you there, Kaori, I just wanted to move it quickly along.

Checks: Bardic Knowledge, Knowledge: Arcana, Knowledge: History on the wizard. (1d20+9=26, 1d20+10=12, 1d20+10=20)
    Last edited by Salvonus; 2008-11-20 at 03:09 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Michael

Michael sheathes his rapier, and moves to the barkeep's form, clasping hands with the corpse.Damn, Barry, may He who watches guide your soul. Finishing the prayer, he stands and approaches the elf, laying his hand on the old man's shoulder. Okay, I'll come.
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2008-11-23 at 10:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground

Alannia

She returns her sword to its home on her hip.
    Alannia blinks her eyes, "How do you know there are more coming?" upon seeing everyone else move forward to go she shakes her head and moves to the remaining elf for the teleport.
    Last edited by melileaya; 2008-11-21 at 02:27 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

The elf glares silently at the rest, and you can see a wisp of panic cross his face. When Alannia speaks, the elf closes his eyes and listens for a moment, apparently hearing something you can't.
    "This-"
    "Grrraaaah!"
    An earshattering roar splits the air, and you can hear the shop on the other side of you cruch.
    "Now move!"
    As of 9/30/09

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Jack sighs wistfully, looking up into nowhere and shrugging, a playful smile on his face, obviously amused by the elf's hurriedness. "Ah, well, why not? Anywhere's better than this dump." He walks over to the elf at an unrealistically slow pace, whisling and twirling one of his swords. When he finally gets there, he leans down and pats the fellow on the head condescendingly.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2008-11-21 at 01:24 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105

Ran Kang

Ran starts at the noise, his mouth hanging slightly open as if wanting to say something, but quickly shuts it

"Ya sure, point the way there buddy. Make sure its not into the mouth o'what ever made that noise if ya can? That'd be great to be sure, everyone else ready or do ya wanna end up as dinner?"
    My Current Works

16. - Top - End - #106

The second elf teleports away with the others as the first one had.

You find yourselves in a small round room, that can barely fit you all. It has windows every couple of feet around the room. The walls are lined with magical equiptment, most of which you've never seen. Behind you, the wall contains a large bookshelf, which rises above everyone but Jack's head. Everything is covered in a thick layer of dust. The old elf stands at a table, opening a book, which contains what appears to be pages of scribbles notes stuck inside. The amount of age everything has collected makes you think that no one has been here for quite some time. In the center of the room is a spiral staicase.
    The two elves fuse back together with a strange crunching noise, and without turning around, he says,
    "For gods's sakes, don't touch anything!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Again, sorry for the delay, but here it is. Also, Salovenus, your checks don't yeild anything, except that many people around the city knew him as just an old man.
    Last edited by AetherFox; 2008-11-22 at 12:08 PM.
    As of 9/30/09

17. - Top - End - #107

Ran Kang

Those were some dangerous words the Elf spoke, now that Ran was not allowed to touch, all he wanted to do was explore, and it was evident by his constant shifting and humming, his hands twitching at a rapid rate.

"So umm....ya...what'd happen if we touched the stuff ya? Explosions? Maybe? Nothing to bad huh? Right? Right?"
    My Current Works

18. - Top - End - #108

"Vimak"

Vimak looks around the room, curiously. "So, elf, who are you and where are we?"

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Jack grins roguishly. "My my, how rude. And what does this do?" He grabs the most interesting object he can see.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Michael

Michael stares at the new surroundings, but Vimak's question reminds him of what happened, and he rounds on the elf.I agree with the big fellow, old man. Who are you and what just happened back at the inn?

21. - Top - End - #111

Ran Kang

Ran, seeing the other large man playing with things can no longer contain himself, touching and dancing around the room like a blur.

"We clearly had our party crashed! Thats what happened."
    My Current Works

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Faervarhed remains quiet for the moment
    Lantanese gnome avatar by the talented Honest Tiefling.

Don't call it a rework - 5e Ranger optional class features

23. - Top - End - #113

Darolis

Not wanting to be caught off guard again, Darolis quickly strings his bow and slings it over his shoulder and attaches his quiver to his belt. "You know, you really shouldn't touch random things in a wizard's laboratory. You'll probably get blown in half or have all your flesh melted off or something."
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

24. - Top - End - #114

Ran Kang

Ran stops before touching another vial, bending his back to stare at the man that spoke

"Oh my goddess! You mean it!? THAT WOULD BE AWSOME! Come on old Pure Breed! Tell us whats gonig on! Or i'll melt my skin off! YA!"
    My Current Works

25. - Top - End - #115

The elf appears much calmer now that everyone is in one place. Rising from his chair, he snatches the object from Jack's hand, a shapeshifting crystal which had been gradualy picking up speed since Jack touched it. This time he speaks with a more cheerful voice.
    "The human is right, except, some of these might melt muscle and bone too. I apologize; this must seem very sudden, being swept away so quickly like that. I'll try and answer your stream of questions.
    I am Valetinis Saeron, and this is my house, for a lack of a better term. As you can see, it's been abandoned for quite a few years.
    As for what happened at the inn, that is fairly self explanitory. You were attacked. By what manner of species, I'll get to later."

The elf looks at you all, as if expecting more questions.
    As of 9/30/09

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Michael
    But why did they attack us us? And while I thank you for your assistance, why did you help us? And how did you even know to help us?
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2008-11-25 at 04:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hmmm.... well, if that's it, I'll just take my leave. Thanks for taking me to wherever I have no idea, it's been really helpful." He smiles at the elf, and walks up the stairs.

28. - Top - End - #118

"That wouldn't be a good idea. Hear me out. You weren't attacked at random. Those creatures, they were drawn to you. Mre specifically, they were drawn to one of you. These beings, scalykind, they're called, aren't of our world. They came from a place beyond here. I hope you'll excuse the history lesson, but it is essential to understand what is going on.
    Our world isn't alone. It sits close by another, much older one. For all your lives these two worlds have remained separated. Over seven hundred years ago, by some unknown means, a... gap opened up between us, sort of a bridge between. Most people had no idea what it was, and neither did I, for a long time. It was considered a freak natural occurence, and was forgotten about. Those on the other side however, the scalykind, figured it out. After a few days, the gap closed, and seemed to have never appeared. Now, centuries later, it has reopened, or atleast I assume so. Though I haven't seen it, I have no idea how else the scalykind are emerging. It was only through luck that I saw them come when they did. Over the years, I have become obsessed, you could say, with them. They attacked the city, and intended to overtake it. I fear they already might have... They have just shown up, and yet have proven a threat against us.
    The fact that you all were attacked was probably just because you were in their way. However, during my years of studying them, I happened to visit an oracle. At first I though it was just a scam, but he was actually able to correctly predict parts of my life, and so I trusted him. From him I learned of the scalykind threat, and of something more important. I learned of how to stop them."

He looks around at the twelve of you, with a smile on his face. It's clear that he's been wanting to tell someone this for years.
    "You."
    As of 9/30/09

29. - Top - End - #119

Ran Kang

"Thats...alot of info...my head hurts."

Ran takes a seat

"If their is no other choice....what do we get for it!"
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Keishara Embermist

Like a flood, the memories of her past assaults the young magess. She quickly retreats when confronted with the trappings of a wizard's tower as they are much akin to that of her former master. A mask devoid of emotion is all that Keishara shows. Although she does listen to the tale, she knows to keep quiet...lest she wishes to wake the ire of one of such power.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw