New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Oh, Chicago... (Call of Cthuhlu)

((I said ROLL, DAMMIT!))

Spot Hidden - (1d100)[52] vs 60%

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ben

"Something like that Cole, I've read a few books here and there." Ben will continue to examine the skeleton for anything he might have missed.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

In the Cave

Frank finds a sturdy looking stalagmite anchored near the maw of the staircase descending down. He sees Macillhenry and his lantern flicker and disappear as the big man moves farther into the cavern.

--
    Cole laughs, "Read some things, like those HG Wells things like Journey to the Center of the Earth? Do you think there might be ancient tribes living down here- he he."

There does not appear to be any additional damage to the person, but it does appear as if the skeleton's hands were restrained behind its back in some fashion. If there had been rope at one point though, now it is decayed.
    Kalen the Kobold Paladin by Sneak ; Avatar by Shirwill Jack. (Thanks!)

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

Bump? ....

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tony Carlotti

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCloud View Post
    Everyone at your table, save the older Gentleman's wife seems to notice the screaming, they look around nervously toward the bar, Slade and Tina. Tina returns their stares with a nervous smile. Slade grimaces and turns toward the door.

Jimmy jumps up and heads over to the corner door and gets there about the same time as Slade. Jimmy yanks at the door, and pops off the bar that had been pulled across.

From inside, he hears pushing, but the door does not budge.

Slade reaches into a vest pocket with one hand and pushes Jimmy aside with the other. Grunting, he whips a keychain out and sticks it in a tiny lock near the door's hinges, then twists.

Slade steps back and waits, arms folded and one hand reaching into his vest pocket.
    Tony dusts himself off as he re-enters the bar. Anger wells inside of him as he approaches Slade. His knuckles turn white as he grips his cane, a vein throbs on his forehead, and his face and neck begin to turn red. However, when he speaks it is with calm and barely concealed menace.

I believe you have some explaining to do, Mr. Slade.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Baerdog: super genius.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Pixie in the Playground

What is the difference between an accounting and a 'verified' accounting? I have been asked fo a verified accounting of something and i am not sure what that entails.

7. - Top - End - #277

Wrong thread, dude. This is a private role-playing game. If you ask your question in the Board Issues forum, you should be able to find someone to help you out.

8. - Top - End - #278

PirateGuy

In the Cave

Cole laughs, "Read some things, like those HG Wells things like Journey to the Center of the Earth? Do you think there might be ancient tribes living down here- he he."
    "This guy was tied up and left here possibly as sacrifice or punishment."

Ben will stand up and look around trying to picture this cavern as part of a community. He will examine the walls for drawings.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Frank ties the rope off securely and proceeds to climb down the slope along it carefully.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

"Bruno"

Do a Spot Hidden Check at +20

Spoiler
    Show

You notice what may be a black chalk etching secreted behind the skeleton. It appears to be the image of a large black buffalo or rat or some other beast pouncing on a relatively-giant bat.

----
    "Frank"

You reach the bottom of the staircase and see Cole at the bottom of it, moaning. You also see the flicker of a lantern from farther down inside the cavern.

Macillhenry calls back. "Watch your step here, the ground's all grooved."
    ---

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

"Come on back here, Mac. We're here to get our man out, first and foremost. Exploring can wait, don'tcha think?"

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

<b>TONY</b>
    Quote Originally Posted by Baerdog7 View Post
    Tony Carlotti
    Tony dusts himself off as he re-enters the bar. Anger wells inside of him as he approaches Slade. His knuckles turn white as he grips his cane, a vein throbs on his forehead, and his face and neck begin to turn red. However, when he speaks it is with calm and barely concealed menace.

I believe you have some explaining to do, Mr. Slade.
    Slade laughs. "Yeah, well. And what happened to you? Why'd you go jaunting back there?"

Tina hobbles around the bar and joins Slade, sidling up to his side. "Oh my." She covers her mouth. "Mr. Tony, are you all right? What happened in there?"

Out of the corner of your eye, you can see Bill come back up the stairs, holding a couple of wine bottles. He doesn't seem to notice the confrontation.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Luck Roll For Macillhenry

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

Luck Roll. Attempt #2.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

Attempt #3 (d100)[89]

Well, that's certainly promising for him.
    ---
    Frank
    Macillhenry turns around and faces you. "Yeah. That's probably best. I let my sense of bewonderment get the best of me. It looks like someone made a room down here."

When Macillhenry turns, his light illuminates the walls. You can see that the walls draw back into several dark alcoves, carved from the rock.

He walks over to help you hoist Cole up and off the ground.

"We'll get him back to the cots in back." Macillhenry says.

Cole moans.

"Yeah." Macillhenry says. "Well, you gots to wait till the partying's done. We can't be going around alarmin' the customers or else we're gonna get fired or worse. You just sit tight for a few hours, then when mornin' comes we'll get you out and have that body of yours looked at."
    Last edited by DarkCloud; 2009-01-16 at 10:29 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286

PirateGuy

Ben/Bruno

(1d100)[36] Target Spot hidden 70+20=90.

17. - Top - End - #287

PirateGuy

Bruno

"Hold a moment, this looks interesting, like a cave painting. Oh I was right possibly a sacrifice."

Bruno will examine the painting.
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2009-01-17 at 04:14 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: Actually your roll was a 56... you add 20 to your roll when adjusting for the difficulty. :o But you still made it, so all is well. :)

What you see in the above spoiler is what you see.
    Last edited by DarkCloud; 2009-01-17 at 11:12 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289

Tony Carlotti

Slade laughs. "Yeah, well. And what happened to you? Why'd you go jaunting back there?"

Tina hobbles around the bar and joins Slade, sidling up to his side. "Oh my." She covers her mouth. "Mr. Tony, are you all right? What happened in there?"

Out of the corner of your eye, you can see Bill come back up the stairs, holding a couple of wine bottles. He doesn't seem to notice the confrontation.
    Tony quivers with barely-controlled rage. What kind of person could stand there so smugly? These were the types of people that Tony had spent his entire career as a labor organizer fighting.

This isn't about me, Slade. Tony glances over and catches Bill's eye before turning back to Slade, his voice rising in volume. This is about the team of illegal miners that have been LOCKED in that rat-hole! How long have they been down there Slade? Weeks? Months? The light is so dim that they could hardly tell the various ores in the rock face! Just in the time I was down there, they almost blasted in just the right place to cause a cave in, there was a power outage, and one of them fell down a hole. What's going to happen to that miner if he's hurt, Slade? More importantly, what would have happened if I hadn't come up here? Would he have been able to come up to get medical attention? What if he's dead, Slade? What then? WHAT THEN, SLADE!

20. - Top - End - #290

RogueGuy

ooc -

I'm confused, did something happen when the door opened? I can't seem to locate anything in the thread and I've been waiting :P my bad if I missed it.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: DJ_Demiko, well, I was waiting for "Tony" to respond to what Slade said. I see he's responded. I'll see if I can write something up. My internet has been down for 4 days, and combining that with GiTP being down or sluggish, it's been difficult to update... That being said; I could definitely be writing more story-wise, but have been holding back- I don't want to move the story, I hope the players can... like Tony's post above- that's good. The one sentence posts aren't as useful for moving the story forward and exploring facets... You guys can feel free to "do" things and roll checks whenever you feel like it (see character sheets for ideas of what to roll); feel free to push people around, force story actions and write your own resolutions in some cases. :) I can pick up the pieces.

---
    Slade's Face reddens.
    "Oh?" He asks, then forces a chuckle. "Our miners ain't any more illegal than this here speakeasy. But hell, they've got years of experience. They know how to take care of themselves and shore things up. The foreman worked on the Flatiron Building in New York. He knows what he's doing. Listen, cool it guy." He holds up his hands. Then he raises his voice. "But you know what? I don't know who you are or why you were scurrying around back there. That's trespassing on our property. Say what, I'll take a look at what's going on back there and if someone needs medical attention, he'll get that. We take care of everyone here. But you know what? You're gonna have to sit tight here while we get someone to talk to you about what was goin' on down there." Slade points to an adjacent wall.

Slade attempts to persuade the people that he's in the right.
    "Persuade" - (d100)[95]

Tina frowns, then hobbles over to the wall, takes out a keychain, and shaking, turns it in a lock. The door creaks open.

If Tony doesn't head over to the room, Slade reaches to grab his wrist.

"Grapple" - (d100)[60]

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: Wow. That persuade roll was a significant flub.

The people in the speakeasy seem agitated by Slade's speech.
    The band plays louder and Zoot keeps singing.
    You think you can hear Bill's voice over the singing and the patrons' grumbling.

"Heya fellas. Don't worry about that joker. If he's right and there's been an accident, we'll get that miner well taken care of. If he isn't, well then, isn't it sort of odd he was sneaking around? We paid the police, so who's he working for, trying to agitate all the fine customers here. I think he's working for Stubbs Dollin and the Dusky Lighthouse; trying to smear our fine name here. But that won't work. We all know this place is the best area to get likkered up in the City. And I just brought up a cask of the best stuff here now, at a 25% discount to anyone who wants it!"

OOC: Bill, however, can fast talk better than anyone...

23. - Top - End - #293

Tony Carlotti

Tony scowls and spits in Slade's face.

I ain't letting you put me anywhere.

((What's the check to evade a grapple?))
    Last edited by Baerdog7; 2009-01-25 at 09:18 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

(It would be dodge.)

25. - Top - End - #295

Dodge: (1d100)[1] vs. 20

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: That is Amazing.

Tony Carlotti completely dodges Slade's attempt to grapple him. Slade goes tumbling forward and crashes behind the mine door, in a heap.

The image of a crippled man with a cane deftly dodging the large man is an image that brings smiles to the folks in the speakeasy.

"Oh no." Tina covers her mouth.

Slade curses as he hits the ground and writhes, trying to twist around. "Who do you think you are?" He screams.

27. - Top - End - #297

Tony Carlotti

My name's Tony Carlotti, he growls, pulling out a handkerchief and wiping the dust and sweat from his forehead. And I'm one labor organizer who you do not wanna piss off. I swear to God, if you provoke me I can bring more trouble down on your head than you can imagine. You think the cops are bad? You don't even want to tangle with the unions in this town.

He flicks the handkerchief down onto Slade.

Now pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and make sure all your miners are accounted for before I bring every labor union I can think of down on you.

Still keeping an eye on Slade, Tony stumps off to the bar and takes a seat close to Bill.

I'll have a martini, Bill, as dry as you can make it.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: Just checking... are Rapscallion, Jalor, and FlWiPig still around? (You guys have free reign to do something... I think I've given you enough to experiment if you like. It's your move.)

OOC: Baerdog, I'll get something up for you within 24 hours... just like to see everyone check in first.
    Last edited by DarkCloud; 2009-01-26 at 08:25 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

((Yes, I'm still here, and Baerdog, that was ****ing awesome, BTW!))

Frank makes sure that the wounded miner is all set, then he says, "Alright how about a coupla' volunteers and some light? Whaddaya say, fellas?"

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300

PirateGuy

Ben

"Hold on Frank, I'm coming down."

Bruno will go and move carefully dwon the slope to where Frank is and he uses the guide rope from Frank to steady himself. Keeping the lantern held high and shining light down.

"You all right Frank ? How is the miner ? Is there anyone down here with you ?"

((Hmm one sentence huh. Right got it....Thanks.))
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 2009-01-27 at 04:54 PM.