New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Lost Horizon

1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lost Horizon

OOC: Alright, well, my plan of grandeur was to convert your characters over to BRP, or Basic Role Playing, which are the mechanics behind Call of Cthulhu and most things that Chaosium produces. The mechanics are extremely simple and fluid, and mechanics for this game has been a pretty big problem for me. I've been hesitant to throw you guys into dangerous situations which would require a lot of tedious rolling and rule searching and such, and I think this will remedy the problem. What do you think?

In either case, I'm going to put this game on hold until the end of December. The holidays are a busy time for me, which is ironic since I'm not very festive at all. I'll still be around to discuss directions we can go, but until January 1st there will most likely be a temporary, and I assure you that it is indeed temporary, a short hiatus on this game. I'm sorry.

2. - Top - End - #152

PirateCaptain

(Do what you have to mate, although I do agree that something simpler is in order.)
    I drew this line myself

3. - Top - End - #153

Quote Originally Posted by gardenphilosoph View Post
    OOC: Alright, well, my plan of grandeur was to convert your characters over to BRP, or Basic Role Playing, which are the mechanics behind Call of Cthulhu and most things that Chaosium produces. The mechanics are extremely simple and fluid, and mechanics for this game has been a pretty big problem for me. I've been hesitant to throw you guys into dangerous situations which would require a lot of tedious rolling and rule searching and such, and I think this will remedy the problem. What do you think?

In either case, I'm going to put this game on hold until the end of December. The holidays are a busy time for me, which is ironic since I'm not very festive at all. I'll still be around to discuss directions we can go, but until January 1st there will most likely be a temporary, and I assure you that it is indeed temporary, a short hiatus on this game. I'm sorry.
    What's the news? Can we please start this up again?
    Lyra Corvis- Avy done by Mechafox(Thanks!)

4. - Top - End - #154

I'm alive, I'm sorry, I've just been having an insane month. This month I've been severely dehydrated, dislocated my right shoulder, had a run-in with the cops, and traveled up to the interior of my province. Yeah, it's been rather busy. I will try to get back to this eventually, along with my other RPGs. Right now I can't offer a time, but or time scale, but I haven't just abandoned my games.

5. - Top - End - #155

Actually, on further thought, unfortunately I think I will have to close the doors on this slumbering beast.

Poor planning on my fault just proved too large a burden for me. An abundance of players on a system that was just too messy to play on a play-by-post bogged this down, and I currently just don't have the time to convert this over to a simpler system.

If anyone is left who still wants to take a stab at this in concept, I'd be willing to try for a free-form story-telling-esque sort of game, more like communal storytelling than a game. Other than that, I'm sorry.

Sorry for the failed game, players. I appreciate your time spent in this.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2009-02-06 at 10:04 PM.