New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Against Methodia (IC)

Nes orders his psicrystal to hold the ends of the hood together, forming a makeshift clasp. He then heads toward the eastern side. Nes thinks, Good luck.

Knowing that his abilities to shunt suspicions from his inquiries would be suspect at best, he doesn't actively ask for their mark's whereabouts. He browses the stalls and shops, always staying in touch with his crystal and keeping his eyes and ears open.

Spoiler
    Show

FYI -- since the psicrystal is presumably more than 30' away, Nes loses Alertness.
    Spot - (1d20)[10]
    Listen - (1d20)[17]

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    Smacking your teammate in the face is always a free action.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

"Haha, don't worry, Halt, it'll be fine."

It looked a bit like Wolfgang was talking quietly to himself in orcish, as the half-orc simply explored the streets. He was also in the merchants corner, and figuring he was a bit too recognizable and unskilled at the subject to directly ask about his quarry, he simply explored, acting as an extra set of eyes.

"Come on, Halt, I could use your help."

Gradually, likely unnoticed, the lizard hesitantly crawled away from the half-orc, onto a wall. The lizard made it a point to stay hazily near Wolfgang, but this meant the pair could still cover a bit more ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler
    Show

Haltbar is beyond alertness range for Wolfgang as well.

Wolfgang Spot: (1d20+1)[7]
    Wolfgang Listen: (1d20+1)[14]

Haltbar Spot: (1d20+1)[9]
    Haltbar Listen: (1d20+3)[10]
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rolt takes a seat while the others go off to do their various things. He takes out a piece of stale bread and begins to nibble at it whilst thinking. After a few minutes he pops the rest of it in his mouth and stands up. Guess I'll head out too then...

After exiting the area, Rolt too heads on over to the Merchant's Quarter. He heads on over to one who doesn't look too wealthy and waits around until he is not conversing with a customer or fellow merchant. He drops three Platinum Pieces onto the counter nonchalantly, one of which rolls off and falls to the ground; he snatches it from the air and quickly puts it back up on the counter. Now then, my good sir. I would like to make an exchange: these coins of mine for some knowledge from you. Do you know a fellow merchant by the name of Hest le'Der? If you do, I'd very much like for you to divulge any useful information you may have of him: his affiliations with guilds, any sort of recent events he is or has been suspected to have been involved with, etc. I assure you, there is a good deal more platinum pieces where those came from.

Diplomacy - (1d20)[10]

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jason Ythera

Great work Viterus! Come back, lets tell the others.

Jason moves throughout the streets as Viterus flies back to him, until he finds Nes and Wolfgang.

"Viterus has... found him. I suggest we meet... Jack back at the... inn to tell him what... we know."
    Natural 20's: 1
    Natural 1's: 0
    As of 9/30/09

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

The man looks at the coins brightly and palms them quickly, looking around with a practiced eye, gauging the interest around you two. He usually hangs out in a place called Parsons Alley, and has headquarters in a chapel at the end of the building. He whispers slowly, hiding his mouth in the beer in front of him. He has three or four guards with him most times, and its rumored that he has something to do with those recent arsons He adds, looking at the purse the coins came from, And theres a very interesting rumor, one that most don't know yet...
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    Though necromancy would solve the second problem and render the third irrelevant...
    But then you'd be dealing with explosive zombie fish, which is... pretty damn awesome, actually.
    As they pounded in the stake
    I thought I heard them say
    “Become like us or you will be slain”

6. - Top - End - #36

Focusing on the crystal, Roderick sends his thoughts to Nes......
    I heard that there are rumors about the arsonists gathering at Parson's alley, I believe it is the best place to go, why don't I go to Parson's alley first and you come in a little later, hopefully that way no one can feel suspicious, especially since so many of us are out there looking for Hest le'Der.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Nes sends his thoughts to his psicrystal in order to transmit it to Roderick. Agreed. I have heard the same murmurings. Go first and see what you can see. I'll come around ten minutes later.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Zach grimaces as he learns the rumors that Hest hangs out around Parason's alley. A quick thought and he changed his mind and immediately headed towards the place.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-11-14 at 12:06 AM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Misenbach Wolfgang

Wolfgang was simply wandering. It was the merchant's quarter, so once in awhile he'd poke his head into any of several various shops. The stores here, however, didn't interest him terribly - a distinct lack of delicious foods, which was dissapointing.

Still, he turned as he noted Jason moving towards him, and nodded at the information, agreeing with his suggestion. The first thought that ran through his head was 'Viterus?', but at the moment the question wasn't what was most relevant.

"Das good... 'n good idea, let's sync up, den."

Stopping and fetching Halt (Who eagerly returned to the relative safety of one of a dozen pockets), Wolfgang either followed or led Jason back.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rolt takes out his patch and adds 1 Platinum Piece onto the table until there are five more. "Now what's that... very interesting rumor?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Once again the merchant makes the coins disappear, and scans the area almost unconsciously. Rumor is, he's just the lackey boy. There's been some new faces in the Quarter, and it's been looking like Hest is the one following orders. That chapel he goes to, The man shudders slightly, its not natural... it might even be dedicated to Him. The man makes a sign to ward off bad luck. I do know that security is quite good over there, I had the misfortune of loosing most of my trade when the new party came to town, and my men couldn't even see what hit them. With that, the man downs the rest of the drink, gets up and leaves the room, a little shaky on his way out, nodding his thanks as he leaves.
    Last edited by phoerix; 2008-11-14 at 04:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Though necromancy would solve the second problem and render the third irrelevant...
    But then you'd be dealing with explosive zombie fish, which is... pretty damn awesome, actually.

12. - Top - End - #42

Very well, see you soon I guess Roderick thinks into the crystal as he enters the alley, trying to see if there is any place he could hide and still have a good chance in listening to the conversation.
    Last edited by bue52; 2008-11-14 at 10:38 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Roderic walks into the alley, he notices a chapel at the end, and four houses lining the alley walls, two on each side. Standing outside the chapel are three halflings and a human male, visibly guarding the door.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20-1)[18] (1d20+6)[26]
    (1d20)[11] (1d20+6)[10]
    (1d20)[1] (1d20+6)[14]
    (1d20+2)[4] (1d20+6)[11]
    Note, I won't usually be rolling on checks here, I just had to this time

One of the halflings breaks off from the group and goes to meet Roderic. As he gets closer Roderic noticed he is carrying a crossbow aimed at him and has a rapierat his waist. The halfling calls out "Who are you and what are you doing here?" The others are watching idly as their companion advances on the human.
    Last edited by phoerix; 2008-11-14 at 12:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Rolt becomes completely unaware of his surroundings and falls into deep thought for several minutes. He's practically a statue, unblinking and barely moving. "Him...? Those monsters! "

Rolt quickly exits and starts heading for the inn. "I'll just go there and wait for the others. There's no way I can infiltrate the church alone." Rolt makes himself comfortable and rests.

15. - Top - End - #45

There is a chapel at the end of alley, and four houses lining the alley walls, two on each side Roderick thinks into the crystal, when he reached the point of the halfling threatening him with the crossbow, he then tells Nes, I think I may need back up, I'll try to infiltrate the church, that is probably where they are gathering. And I am in a little sticky situation.

Now in front of these people, Roderick obviously did not show panic, instead, with a faint smile, Roderick says, "Now, now let's not be hasty, I know what you do here, and obviously, I'm here to join you, if you do not mind, I think you may find my expertise of good help to you."

Diplomacy Check: (1d20+11)[22]

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now only a few feet away, the diminutive halfling stops. Who are you here to see? He peers up and frowns, lowering his eyebrows. I don't remember news of any new recruits.
    Last edited by phoerix; 2008-11-14 at 09:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47

"Well, I am not on the latest update of recruits, they would probably add me to the list a week later, thanks to all the organisational hazards, if you know what I mean" Roderick says, then he whispers into the ear of the halfling, "Pulled some strings to get here, its tough getting a job, so it'll take some time before I'm officially here."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

The halfling nods sagely, oddly comedically. Yes, I remember trying to get in. You'd think that it would be a bit easier, considering the scarceness of people of our afiliations... The halfling begins to lead Roderic down the alley, calling out to one of the remaining group in hushed tones, so his voice wouldn't carry out the alley, Milo, we've got a new recruit. No news because he's a sneaky fellow, just the kind of man we need. Milo, the shortest halfling of the three, and not even half as tall as Roderic, nods and the guards move aside, allowing Roderic passage into the chapel.

Spoiler
    Show
    As a note, I might at some point just give up and start calling them hobbits :)
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Nes transmits back Stall. I'm ten minutes behind you. If I see anyone else from our group, I'll bring them along. He begins to run toward Roderick's location, hailing anyone from his group that he sees. He also concentrates (Take 10 for 25 total) to gain his psionic focus. He slows down when he gets closer. He tries to hide his advances toward the alleyway.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Just note, that Zach is heading to parson's alleyway as well if that is parson's alleyway.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

21. - Top - End - #51

Jason Ythera

Jason sees Nes coming down the streat signaling to him and gets the message.
    They must have found him too.

He follows a few yards behind, allowing enough distance for one or two crouds to meove between them, but not enough to loos sight of Nes.
    Natural 20's: 1
    Natural 1's: 0
    As of 9/30/09

22. - Top - End - #52

Nes, I've entered the building, everything is fine so far, I suggest you sneak in the place, I'll try to keep the crystal with me. Right now I'll try to get as much information as possible, but I won't feel comfortable being a double agent. I'll continue to keep you updated, by the way, is there someway I can transfer what I see to you? Anyway, I see another 3 halflings, so got to focus now, see you soon..... hopefully.

Roderick follows them at the same time observing the chapel and trying to see if there is anyway the rest of the group can come in and raid the place.
    Spoiler
    Show
    spot check(1d20)[4]
    Search(1d20+2)[12]
    Bluff(1d20+6)[21] To hide the fact that I am searching around for openings and such. And if people notice my "fidgeting", I'll say that I'm looking around to familiarize myself with the place.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Noting Nes rush past him, Wolfgang responded swiftly. "Hold him." He stated, surprising the diminutive Halt by lobbing the lizard onto Nes's clothing. Having a pair of eyes near the front would be helpful.

This did get him a sizeable flurry of irritation through his empathic link, but he knew Halt enough to know that the lizard understood, at least mostly.

Deed done, Wolfgang headed vaguely in that direction but stayed a bit further away than Jason, not wanting to seem like he was interested at all in the location.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Calmly detached, Nes barely flinches as the lizard lands on his cloak. He says to those he passes by, "Roderick has successfully infiltrated the entrance to their meeting place. We need to be careful as we approach -- try to stay out of sight until we can coordinate something."

He sends back to Roderick, A few of us are on the way. Concentrate on keeping them occupied. Since my psicrystals on the outside of your person and can see, it can do the describing for you.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Roderic enters the building he comes into a well-lit chapel where the pews have been moved to one side and where a large hexagonal table has been placed near the center. At the table five figures stand, talking to eachother and pointing to various bits on it. A tall thin human and a solidly built dwarf stand with their backs to the door and across from them two lithe red tieflings and another dwarf stand facing the door Roderic just came from. The human and first dwarf turn around to look at the intruder, Roderic notices a scar on the face of the human and recognizes from the description that he is Hest. The dwarf next to Hest frowns and asks hostilely, Who are you and what are you doing here?
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Nes suddenly realizes just how dangerous this could possibly become. He thinks to himself, Foolish man! Zach explicitly told us just to gather information and here I am, possibly getting us embroiled in a deadly mission. He sends over to Roderick, "Try to get out as quickly as you can, especially since Hest has seen your face. We'll be here to support you if something happens, but we don't want to act until we have the good ahead."

He describes to everyone with him what's going on inside the chapel.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Zach walks along, and sees Nes and a bunch of others standing around in small groups. He quietly entered one and heard what was going on.

He cursed slightly under his breath. The fool! I told everyone strictly gather information! Why did he go in there? As Zach seems to be on the verge of anger, he calms down.

Nevermind. I will deal with this later. Now is not the time. It seems that we might have to act sooner than anticipated. I do hope he is all right.

Tell him if that if he needs help, we are outside.

Now keep in groups of two to three, and stay nearby, but don't attract attention to yourself. Wait for Nes' signal.

Zach then turns to Nes. If he needs help, let us know. Also, keep us informed.

He will then leave, and patrol the area nearby, standing alone and watching Nes and the others, but particulary Nes.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2008-11-17 at 11:00 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Nes acquiesces to Zach's instructions, relaying his message to Roderick. He stays quiet, trying to stay in tune with his crystal.

29. - Top - End - #59

Roderick thanks Nes and Zach for the help and tells them his plan to be selling fake information to the gang, using half-truths and what not and hopefully lead them out into the open where arrest is possible, Roderick checks with Nes to see if the psi-crystal can act as a recording device., as he looked at his interrogator, he calmly states, " I am here as the new recruit, I have valuable information I'd like to dispense to you, if you do not mind, I'll start small before I tell some of the better military secrets that can help your cause. Firstly, the authorities are starting to suspect who you are, they have no direct evidence, but they believe that Hers't is one of the mastermind behind the recent arsons."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff(1d20+6)[7]
    Diplomacy(1d20+11)[28]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hest frowns at the news slightly, but shrugs. The dwarf looks unimpressed. And I suppose the half-orc and human that have been asking after our friend Hest aren't friends of yours? I received word that there were two men asking after him. He stares stones at Roderic. Mighty suspect if you ask me. He nods and the tieflings start forward, splitting to head at Roderic from two sides, pulling out rapiers. What else do you have for me?
    Spoiler
    Show