New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default WUSHU (Over the top action) Zombies VS Vampires

The sun was setting fast over the horizon, it's crimson aura glowing off the lone building and soldiers guns. You had all agreed to come here, but it appears that some of the soldiers obviously have doubts about you and tense as you walk by. Although none of them say it, they are disgusted by you and if it wasn't for the old 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' proverb, you'd likely be shot on the spot or tortured and used for scientific experiments.

You had just landed by helicopter gunship on a remote desert military facility somewhere in the USA and where making your way inside the secure bunker where the highest ranking military personel that didn't take the serum were being kept, protected and were organising the whole 'save the world' plan. You approach a huge metal door and a guard produces a keycard, which he swipes against a reader. The door slowly opens, which leads to a long corridor underground. After what seems like travelling miles, you reach the main underground complex. Labratories, armouries, control rooms and the like are scattered around the complex and there are several hundred military personel working here.

You are lead to a small conference room with a large rectangle table, at the head of which sits a man decorated with medals. Near him, in other seats, sit other highly decorated people, as well as a few scientists and other characters. The door is locked behind you and the man at the head of the table stands up and says: "Please, sit down. We have much to discuss. I know we would not normally meet so formally under more normal circumstances, but, obviously this is an exception. That said, if you turn hostile you will be shot, but neither of us wants that. I understand that your kind wants to help us in the fight against the zombie threat. Although we share a violent history, we can do nothing but accept your help. Now, onto business. We humans have our resources stretched thin and we can barely defend our homes, let alone make an offensive against this threat and everyday more humans fall to the serum's deadly curse. We must turn to your kind for help, which is why you're here. There is so much work for us to do it may be better to choose your own assignment, then for us to give you one. So, what'll it be? An offensive mission? A rescue mission? Perhaps something stealthy?" He asked. You could not seem him clearly, although from the sound of his voice he was old and had obvious disbelief in you and your kind of any form of goodness.
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-10 at 06:09 PM.
    I drew this line myself

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: WUSHU (Over the top action) Zombies VS Vampires

"Surely, there must be something specific," Sammael responds, his eyes narrowing. "We wouldn't have been called here if you wanted us to simply do whatever we wished. Do not play these childish games. They will get us nowhere. Tell us what you know, and how we fit into your plans, so we can get on with this. Honestly, do you think I enjoy having parley with my food?!" He punctuates the last word with a slam of his oily fist on the table, leaving a greasy black mark.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

"Calm down, Slimer," cautions Az. "They have some serious guns, and I'm allergic to hot lead." He turns to the decorated speaker. "I don't know about the others, but I think something stealthy would be good. It'd give us a chance to try working together less under fire than we normally would be."
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    The closest thing to humor in my previous RP experiance was a time when my bard was accused of rape. So...im new to that aspect.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4

PirateCaptain

The guards in the room tense up, but the dark figure at the end of the table holds up a hand into the light and the guards ease-off. "I wish we did have something specific, but with the world gone to hell and back, there's so many things that need to be done. I suppose..." An alarm sounded and red lights began to flash. "What the hell?! Report!" A guard comes rushing into the room. "Sir, we've got zombies!" "How did they find us?! We're in the middle of the desert!" "I don't know sir, but they're here in force!" "This is your doing!" Said the dark figure, pointing at your group. Several assault rifles were aimed at you.
    I drew this line myself

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

A man clothed entirely in what would assume to be blood stained clothing walks into the room flexing one of his arms where a slash had been the wound sealing up as he did so.
    "Sorry I'm late. Had some Business to attend to. Also trust ,trust me.. Also guns? I'm sorry, but we are vampires for a reason.. Your weapons wont do much to u....
    Then suddenly a shot rang out hitting him square in the chest, and with a look of grimace down at his chest he looked up clamly, and said.
    "That was my favorite shirt."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Standing calmly, Sammael offers Az the blank stare of his coal-black eyes. As he steps forward, leaving filthy, slippery black footprints in his wake, he comes face-to-face with the shadow lord, seething between dripping teeth, "And you, Azerous, know my name is Sammael, Lord of That Which Oozes, Fallen of the First House, and that 'Slimer' is an unacceptable nominative." As he finishes his sentence, a fly lands on his brow, crawling across his open eye. It becomes stuck in the thick fluid which the eye weeps, and as it struggles to free itself, Sammael opens his mouth slightly, a thin tendril of dark ooze whipping out to snag the insect like the tongue of a chameleon, and this he quickly swallows.

At the sound of the shot, Sammael's head snaps around, and he spots the source of the shot, the barrel of his weapon still smoking.
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-11-11 at 09:29 PM.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

"Now, now there is no need for violence. The man is mortal, and therefore with the circumstances he has every right ot be afraid of one such as I. After all the undead have brought nothing but pain into his life. Let us pardon him this once."
    everyone will notice that with a sudge of his thumb the gun shot wound is gone.. The bullet of the floor.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

With a shrug, Sammael replies, "What do I care if some human wants to try to hurt you with his pathetic weaponry? Let them have their toys if it makes them feel safe. They know why we protect them." He flashes an evil grin at the man with the smoking gun.

"Enough of this chatter. Where are the zombies? Valentine?" Looking to Vincent, Sammael hesitates, waiting for a response.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Vincent siffs the air looking for the telltale scent of zombie blood that was so RANK, and disgusting to his kind... Needless to say it didn't take much to find them even with the layers of man steel between us,and them.
    "They aren't far.. In the base, and approaching fast... by god humans are useless."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

With a nod of his head, Sammael responds simply, "Come on, then. You know what to do. Let's go."

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Noding as Vincent stood he bolted through the door in the direction of the zombies fangs bared, and mind at the ready. (shooting the zombies? Bah god no.. Mind bullets are much more effective!)

12. - Top - End - #12

PirateCaptain

You follow the disgusting smell of decaying flesh up the long corridor you were descending just moments before and stop as you notice a slow, stumbling horde of flesh-thirsty zombies making their way down the corridor. There must be dozens of them! Guards are quickly forming a defensive line behind you with metal containers and resting their assault rifles against them.

You can either charge into the zombies, meaning you'd have to fight more without the support of the humans or hang back and wait until the zombies are close to the barracades, when some of them will have been shot down.
    I drew this line myself

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Vincent sighing nowing that wwhile the assulut rifles would be helpful them being closer isn't something that would be good for morale, or for security.
    So, with a heavy sigh, and a grunt of concentration he sent impacts of pure force into the heads of the zombie hordes pushing them back as they exploded with the force of a small stick of dynamite.

Spoiler
    Show

(4d6)[6][2][5][6](19)
    All in attack since they arent close, and I'm pushing them back.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Sammael stops moving completely, fully concentrating on unleashing his power. A trickle of liquid appears in a crack in the ceiling. Within moments, a torrent of ooze gushes out of the hole, pouring all over a large group of the zombies. Where it touches them, their movements become ever slower and stiffer, until most of the zombies affected effectively cannot move at all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slime-Fu! - (5d6)[6][2][1][6][1](16)

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

PirateCaptain

Vincent's power pushes most of the zombies back and some have their heads or other limbs cleaning ripped off by the force, dropping them to the ground, dead. Sammael's ooze washes over the undead horde, slowing them down considerably, but they are still struggling down the corridor.

The humans have finished rigging together their defences, but haven't fired yet. You can see on their faces they are afraid.

Spoiler
    Show
    A crudely drawn map design:

Z = Zombies
    (V) = Vincent
    (S) = Sammael
    | = Barracade
    O = Humans
    . = Line of sight (also because large spaces aren't possible on these forums)

-----------------------------------/ \ O
    Z ZZZ Z Z Z.................................(V) | O
    Z ZZ ZZZ ZZ.................................(S) | O
    -----------------------------------\ / O
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-11-12 at 04:42 PM.
    I drew this line myself

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

(Tottaly butchering this from the "THEY CAN TAKE OUR LIVES, BUT THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM speech.)
    Seeing the morale of the Soldiers beung low Vincent set up a tlekinetic force field that while extremly short in udration was indeed great in power as he spoke.
    "Today men. we fight for your home, and you wives, and children. Today we fight to protect the last great Stronghold of the human race. You my freinds are the best living soldiers on this planet suire ye can run, but at this point you wouldn't live for more than a day on the outside. So, today Walls will be shatttered, bones will be broken, but we WILL emrerge victorious safe from the onrushin hordes even if for just a little while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, You will think back to this day, and remeber that few fought against many. The Strong fought against the teaming horde sure. they may take our lives, but we will die free men knowing that they can never take OUR FREEDOM! !
    Spoiler
    Show

Is there a roll for this or wha?

17. - Top - End - #17

PirateCaptain

@FF Fanboy - It wouldn't do a great deal, but I'll let you roll for fun, roll a d6, the lower the number, the less effective the speech is.

The zombies are still quite far down the corridor, but they are getting closer with every passing breath.
    I drew this line myself

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blockhead View Post
    @FF Fanboy - It wouldn't do a great deal, but I'll let you roll for fun, roll a d6, the lower the number, the less effective the speech is.

The zombies are still quite far down the corridor, but they are getting closer with every passing breath.
    Curses my brave heart memorabilia has failed me!

But for fun.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d6)[4]
    awesome a 4 thats like the third best roll.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-11-12 at 05:31 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

PirateCaptain

The men behind the barracades begin to smile, the speech warming their hearts. Although most of their fear is gone, they have not gone into a berserk freedom rage and remain behind their barracades.

Zombies are still approaching, if you want to take the fight to them, now would be a good time, or move out of the way for the humans to fire.
    I drew this line myself

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Sammael's body becomes less and less substantial, liquifying into a column of black ooze, and he gleefully wades into melee, his whippy limbs cutting swathes of rotting flesh from the zombies, their putrid bodies hissing and dissolving from the acidic properties of Sammael's slimy form. In a gurgling, popping voice, Sammael grumbles, "Open fire, you worthless cattle!"

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

PirateCaptain

((Make an attack and defence roll please. Let's be clear on how that works first of all. Each detail you say gives you an extra dice, so the more detailed and cool your post, the more dice you get. These dice are either Attack or Defence, in this situation. You need to roll under or equal to your trait score to make a success. Of course, to be more organised, I'm putting a cap of 10 on the detail dice rule. So as long as you make 9-10 cool details about the combat, you can have the max of 10 die to allocate to either attack or defence. I count about 6 details in that paragraph, so allocate 6 die in anyway way you wish to attack and defence and roll them. I'd recommend the bulk of it be defence, since you're asking to get shot and you're in the bulk of fighting, remember the blood of zombies is toxic to vampires (if you remember the serum), so they will hurt, even if the bullets won't.))
    I drew this line myself

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

((I have no idea what serum you are talking about, as I hae never read the relevant comics, but OK.
    Yin(Attack)(2d6)[4][5](9) vs Slime-Fu!-5 / Yang(Defense)(2d6)[7] vs Resilient-4))
    Whoops forgot the rollv and I only rolled 2 instead of four anyway.
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-11-12 at 06:51 PM.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Yang - (4d6)[3][6][4][1](14) vs Resilient-4

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

PirateCaptain

((I'm talking about the setting I described in the recruitment thread, but it matters not))

Sammael oozes forward, toward the stumbling mess of advancing zombies. He hits them head on and begins flailing his oozy hands. His hands pass through and over some of the zombies, causing them to melt and fall apart, leaving a messy pile of flesh and bone of the floor. Some of the zombies try to grab him, but his body his too difficult to grasp or bite and the zombies simply dissolve into him.

The guards are surprised by the Vampires remark, but do as they are told and open fire into the fray, narrowly missing Vincent. The bullets that fly into you melt almost instantly, causing little pain. The bullets that do find zombies thud into them, sending small pieces of flesh and blood spraying over the floor. You are obviously having more success than them, as only a few fall to the lead fire.

Zombies are still coming, but around half of the zombies have already fallen.
    I drew this line myself

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Vicent being Telekinetic simply wills the bullets away from him that come to close as he proceeds waves of zombies breaking before him as he caved in skulls with a pipe he had pickedu p in one hand, and expldoing heads with his mind on the other a look of almost zen clam coming over his face as he bashed each zombie....

Spoiler
    Show

Yin
    (2d6)[1][4](5) fail on anything above 5.
    (2d4)[2][4](6) fail on anything above 5./

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Whipping around like a tornado the column of slime his body has become, Sammael flicks hundreds of tiny bits of himself all over the zombies until it seems that there is none of him left. Then the smoking, sizzling droplets animate into black slugs, boring into zombie flesh, seeking to dissolve the sinew and innards of the undead horde. A hideous chorus of laughter echoes from the army of slugs as they worm their way inexorably towards the zombies' brains.

Spoiler
    Show
    I count 8 details, so I'll go with Yin - (5d6)[5][4][2][2][3](16)vs 5, and Yang - (3d6)[3][6][5](14)vs 4.
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-11-12 at 08:41 PM.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

PirateCaptain

The remaining zombies fall to the onslaught of telekinetic bashing, oozing slugs and lead fire. Sammael loses touch with some of his ooze during the fight, but once the fighting is over he picks it up and it reattaches itself to Sammael's body.

The hallway is a bloody mess of zombies body parts and blood and most of the human guard throw up at the sight, their combat adrenline high wearing off. With the noise of the groaning, roaring zombies gone, you hear gunshots and cries from the top of the corridor, from which you can see the light of the setting sun. Some soldiers push past you and run up the corridor, shouting for you to follow them and help the defenders outside.
    I drew this line myself

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

His cloak flourishing behind him, and picking up the bent, and battered pipe of the floor he continues down the hallway... Solemnly... And as he turned his collar to the cold, and damp room behind him his eyes were stabbed by the flare of a neon light... and he shuddered fora second... Dwelling on terrible memories.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

"Don't be foolish! Ra's chariot has not yet crossed the horizon!" spits Sammael angrily at the human who accosted them, as the last of his slugs reforms itself into his right ear.

((I can't tell you how much fun I'm having coming up with descriptions of Sammael's actions. He's so bloody CREEPY!))
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-11-12 at 09:28 PM.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

PirateCaptain

((I hadn't considered whether or not you were allergic to the sun, I assumed you were fantasy vampires and didn't have that. Do you want to be allergic to the sun? It'll mean you won't be able to do much most of the day, which could hinder gameplay somewhat.))
    I drew this line myself