New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Slaves to desires.

1st group:

Entara arrives at the scene to see Sentry miscalculating his strength and knocking down the whole tree. The Rangers all scatter, each jumping to a different tree to avoid being knocked down on the ground. They exchange some words then turn towards Sentry. They all tie some strange bags to their arrows and then fire them at the large dinosaur.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sentry needs to make three reflex saves DC 15. If he fails the first, he loses his bite attack for 3 rounds. If he fails the second or third roll, he is glued to the forest floor and needs to spend a round making a strength check DC 17 to begin moving again. Regardless, he is not considered entangled.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

group 2:

Cyrano gives a quick nod towards the animals assembled, before he turns back to Marquis. "What do you require my liege? There is little of interest to be found in this backwater village. If I may be so bold, I suggest for us to continue on. If we make our way west for two days, we should reach Castille, wherein you may find anything you might desire."
    Last edited by Maryring; 2008-11-17 at 07:09 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

group 3

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess there isn't much I can actually do unless you make a decision so... make one. If you want to look for clues to the "Phoenix Mine" and the source of the name, then Search checks would be a good idea. If you want to look out for a nice place to rest in the mines, I want Spot. If you want to look for valuable ores within the mines, Profession: Miner or Knowledge Dungeoneering, possibly combined with Detect Magic, is the way to go.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

(Failing an answer... there's quite a few assumptions here.)
    Siv looks to the couple. They are old, and would probably be long dead if they were jackals. "The answer, quickly if you don't mind, neighbour. It's a ways back in the dark."
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2008-11-17 at 07:15 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Marquis, 2nd

"You heard the man. West. I'm sure they'll be plenty of the 'wilderness' you so enjoy on the way."

Marquis dredges out the ioun stones and tosses them into orbit. Shortly, he begins distracting himself by batting at them lazily.

Beautiful stones like these deserve a beautiful neck to drape about
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2008-11-17 at 07:19 PM.
    A post about nothing.

6. - Top - End - #156

OOC: Alright. Margaret's going to go exploring the mountains nearby, even if no one else's coming with her.
    Freelance writer and editor, at your service.

http://www.fictionpress.com/~solemncoyote

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Fawkes heads off to check out the city.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

Entara, group 1

Entara returns to see the hunters fire on his new, very large, friends, and gets angry. "Hey. Hey! You in the trees, you leave my friends alone!" His eyes glow bright red, and a long whip of flame appears in his claw.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+10)[11] initative
    Move action, summon fire lash. Standard action, manifest Bio-feedback, DR 3/- for 5 minutes, cost of 4 PP.

Oh, and I'm kind of working on the assumption that Entara uses either his claws or his wings to attack, depending on whether he is flying or walking.

Ooo, critical failure for initiative!
    Last edited by Dreamshifter; 2008-11-18 at 07:26 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Bub:

With a look that quite clearly said, 'If you touch me again, I'll rip your hand off.' he growled and said, very authoritavly (teeth bared) "How long till we get to the damn woods."

10. - Top - End - #160

"Sentry"

Sentry roars, frustrated, and decides he has no choice but to attack.

Saves
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Karook

Karook keeps walking, impassively. Hearing the knight, he looks at him sideways, then faces him. What is there in... Castille, then?
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Sivore
    Sivore follows Margaret, although not moving nearly as quickly.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Sivore
    As they continue up into the mountains, Sivore gets hungry.

"We need food! Who's a good hunter?"

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

1st group:

Atta frowns and quickly stomps on Siv's feet, before she pushes him away and bows to the couple. "Please excuse him. Humans frighten him. We were wondering where we are. We seem to be lost and do not know how to return home. We would also like to ask where we can buy food."

The old man and woman look at each other, before the woman speaks up. "You are in Greenfield village dearie, and the forest you just came from is the Sylvan forest. I am surprised to see someone as seemingly young and inexperienced as yourself making it safely through that forest. You are certainly more than meets the eye dear." She smiles warmly. "You should go to the market place dearie. Mr and Mrs Cliffgard have everything. If you need something and they don't have it, then you won't find it here."

---

2nd group:

"Society of course. Libraries, Tailors, Priests. Anything my liege might desire." The man responds and looks at all of them. "Though if you do not wish to follow me and my liege, then you may still turn around."

Everyone:

Spoiler
    Show
    The hunters are 40 feet up into the trees. I need Katrina and Freki to act.

Okay. I'm a bit confused now. What are you guys in the second group hoping for? Are you content following Marquis into the city, or would you rather I provide an alternative for you outside it?

Also, the third group. Where exactly are you exploring? The mountain path beside the caves that lead upwards into the hills, or are you trying to explore the tunnels again, though this time with more care. And Fawkes who is flying towards the city... exactly what plan do you have? You can reach the city before dawn, but then what? Do you have a plan? The more information I have, the easier it is for me to create a fun game for all of you.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Fawkes is heading off to the city on the grounds of gathering more information. He is going to go there, alone, fly over, taking note of everything, then come back.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    If nobody is in reach (<=25 feet or so), Katrina will continue to hide.

If somebody is available, she try to get into base contact with as many as possible, rage, and attack with Unarmed and toss the bite in at -5. Two points of Power Attack.

Unarmed/Bite (1d20+18=21, 1d20+13=28)

Unarmed attack will deal non-lethal damage.
    Unarmed/Bite Damage (2d6+20=27, 2d6+11=16)

Taking the -20 to not be grappled myself.
    Grapple check (1d20+14=34)

Now some conditional rolls in case they are needed:
    AoOs (1d20+18=25, 1d20+13=27, 1d20+18=28, 1d20+13=24)
    AoO Damage (2d6+20=23, 2d6+11=16, 2d6+20=30, 2d6+11=15)
    Grapple check to prevent escape (1d20+14=22)
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

17. - Top - End - #167

Spoiler
    Show

rolling a knowledge (religion) check to see if Siv picked up some trifling detail that will tell him anything about greenfield, or the sylvan forest (including the meaning of the word Sylvan. (1d20+12)[28]
    also, a diplomacy check to try and correct his earlier "poor attitude and get an answer or two from the elderly couple. (Diplomacy. It works. Everywhere.) [roll]1d20+13

Siv has to keep himself from yelping by clenching his jaw. Boots hurt! Siv manages to get himself back under control rather quickly given the situation. As he wracks his brain for anything he might know about a place called Greenfield he asks "Ah, neighbour, why is the forest so dangerous?" as politely as possible, though it comes across slightly forced.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bub will follow Marquis until he gets to cold wilderness (right now they are high, high up in the mountains; he wants to get to lower hills and such) and then he'd probably go into the woods ... and try to be a wolverine >_>;; In which he'd probably follow the group after about 24 hours of trying to return to his former life, realizing he can't, and then grudgingly acknowledge that he can't go home again.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Zhahn (Group 3)

As Fawkes flies off, Zhahn calls out, "suit yourself. Just don't forget that we are stronger together than apart." In the meantime, Zhahn scans the cave to see how reasonable of a shelter it will provide, finishing with a precautionary scan for traces of magic.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot - (1d20+9)[12], and use detect magic (at will) to search for any magical traces.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

20. - Top - End - #170

"Sentry"

Sentry attacks the closest foe he can reach.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming one is in reach, he uses Bonecrusher Strike
    Attack 27
    Damage 48
    And Fortitude Save DC 22 or take 1d6 DEX damage.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Freki, Group 1

Freki growls and heads over to one of the hunter occupied trees, making an attempt to climb it. "(animal) Hey, if I toss him down, try not to kill him?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+17)[36] Climb check, just hoping the tree can hold the weight.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Katrina

[Animal]Sure. Just be quick about before we got shot full of holes.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

23. - Top - End - #173

Smaug, Group 2

Wow, hold on there! Smaug squeaks in Animal. Shouldn't we be taking baby steps here? I'm not too sure if we can pass through a city unnoticed. Why not give something less densely populated to start? Apparently, Marquis seems to have a knack for working with humans, but I don't know about the rest of us. I myself know quite a bit of my own kind, but nothing of those pink blobs on legs.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

group 1:

Siv knows that "Sylvan" can be tied to Fey, that is natural spirits, but also to animals, and even the ethereal plane. Though that's all Religion can teach him. He'll need Nature or Geography to know more. Or ask nicely. "One day, a group of mad animals came to the forest and started attacking our hunters. They have since left... it seems. Our hunters are still attacked by them from time to time, but we are left mostly alone. Still, now the nature spirits that live there will not leave mortals alone. It is a surprise that you came through here without being pestered by them, so you should count yourself lucky."

---

The hunter targetted by Sentry yelps in pain as his flesh is torn, though he is still alive. Frustrated, he quickly climbs up his tree, followed by the other hunters, until they are all out of reach for Sentry's regular reach.
    ---

group 3:

Fawkes flies over the city, then returns. The city was well guarded, but not suspiciously so. It seemed to still be well off, though some areas of it had devolved into slums. It was a decent sized city, with most buildings that a usual city has, though if he'd make a guess, the city has more criminal activity than is usual.

Zhahn finds the same magical traces within the ore in the mountain, but nothing else that has a magical aura.

Spoiler
    Show
    And I'm confused. Are Sivore and Margaret exploring the mountain path or the mines or the old mining offices or what?

25. - Top - End - #175

Entara, group 1

Entara follows the hunters up, lashing at them as soon as an opportunity shows up.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+22)[26] to hit. (ranged touch attack)
    (1d8)[5] damage.

He yells "Burn! Ha! maybe you should come down before I burn the trees too!"
    Last edited by Dreamshifter; 2008-11-22 at 04:45 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176

OOC: There's old mining offices? All over that, then. I'd been originally planning just to have Margaret range around for a bit and get a better feel for the locale, but mining offices might provide some valuable clues about why stuff got shut down.
    Freelance writer and editor, at your service.

http://www.fictionpress.com/~solemncoyote

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Krrk, group II

"Eh, we'll manage! Now we're different to other animals, if'n they try anything, we'll show'em that we're more than a mere group of mix'n'matched animals!" To puncuate his sentance, he stands tall on Karooks head, and releases a short burst of flame directly above!

Spoiler
    Show
    Burning hands. Fun.
    Last edited by SoD; 2008-11-21 at 08:48 PM.
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Sivore
    Spotting the old mining offices, Sivore trundles over and looks the place over.

Spoiler
    Show
    description?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Bub:

Bub, who really and truly had no intention of going to a city, just nodded to Smaug and spoke in 'animal' "Aye, but I ain't going to stay here either." He grumbled. "Ya could stay with da big lizards there, but I sure as hell ain't."

He said whilst giving a very awkward stare to Krrk as he demonstrated his pyromania.

30. - Top - End - #180

"Any idea what kind of animals, neighbour? We might want to wait until daybreak depending on what's hunting out there, and I'm not all too familiar with this part of the land." Hunters? I didn't smell any... Siv grins, falsely and widly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The roll. it failed earlier. So: Diplomacy, better answers if I can get them. (1d20+13)[16]
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2008-11-22 at 12:07 PM. Reason: spoiler tag failed.
    You don't want the monster? You don't throw the switch.
    Awesome Avatar by Starwoof