New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: You bring your homebrew class 2!

"Fair enough. Okay, you mentioned money and goods? I want a share badly. Don't get me wrong, it's for--fairly--unselfish reasons. Hm? Oh," she added, glancing around to make sure everything was alright after all. "鼬 リン です. That is, I am Rin Itachi."
    Current Characters

I made my avatar myself. You look kind of surprised! Eeh hee hee!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'm Ainariel Carnesir. Nice to know the name of at least one of the people I'm working with."

Ainariel goes to look at the loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

"A pleasure. I doubt you'd know, but it's nice to have a full name again." Rin gives a respectful bow, then turns and calls to the others. "I want some of the gold, and let me have a look at that hood!"
    Current Characters

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Akresh smiles and says "Those items are magical, at least as far as I can ascertain. I would be careful with them until we figure out what they do. as he indicates one set of items with a wave of a hand As for what everyone's cut is; that first off depends on what the actual value of all of this is and how we are going to decide to split this and any future goods that we gain over the course of this venture. I mean, that armor is worth at least twenty-six pounds of gold. And the collection of potions there is worth around the same, at a minimum. And those daggers are worth around 300 golden crowns each, so that's another 2,400 crowns worth of items. Another 1,400 crowns for that leather armor, it's all of excellent manufacture. Another 2,600 crowns for those bow's. So from just their weapons and armor we are looking at 5,400 crowns. And I don't even begin to know the value of some of these things, that armor taken from the demon for example. I can't even figure out what it's made of."
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

I vote we split up loot evenly, with the possible exception of the bat-&@%# crazy psion.

6. - Top - End - #156

Akresh smiles and says "And how about group expenses? Say a wand of a healing spell, who buys that? What happens if one of us gets cursed and needs to pay a cleric to break it, does that come out of his share or the groups? How about goods gained when one or more members of the group aren't present, do they get a cut? How do we handle items that one member of the group could use when splitting treasure, do we count it as full market value or just the price that we could realize by selling it? What if an item that they would find useful makes up more than their share, do they have to pay in the extra or does it just come out of their future shares?

And this is all just dealing with splitting up the goods. What about our obligations to one another? If one of us gets injured do we expect Rin here to heal us for free, or does she expect payment? How about if she needs special materials that cost a significant amount of money to obtain? If you get captured am I obligated to attempt a rescue? If I get captured are you likewise obligated? What are the conditions upon leaving the group? Does a certain amount of notice need to be provided? Does one gain a share of any group wealth or do they forfeit their share?

As for the bat-**** crazy psion, what are we going to do with him? Kill him and take his shinnies? Tell him too get lost? If we did, would he go?

Nothing is ever as easy or simple as it appears on the surface."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

It is if you don't overcomplicate it, while we're adventuring together we should share expenses, Rin has already demonstrated her willingness to heal us for free, but if expensive components are required then that would be a group expense. There isn't really a protocol for leaving the group, but we are all adventuring together for the duration of our agreement with the captain. The psion has shown that he is willing to assault us, so yes, I say we ask him to leave, if he doesn't then we can take it from there.

8. - Top - End - #158

You wanna take the bodies? Well, you should have your reasons-says the captain, who then turns to one passing crewmand and tells him-Hey, you, take them to one of the empty storage boxes. You can put whatever you want there, and we won't make any questions about what's in there, but the box stays on the ship, so you gotta take what you want before leaving.

Then the crewman guides you to one of the lower rooms of the airship, fited with several large wooden boxes carved with red runes. He opens one of them, and when you look inside it there's an open space much bigger than the box itself, clearly some extradimensional space magic.

The following items show to be magic:

Spoiler
    Show

Mythral chainshirt, faint aura.
    Large chainshirt barding, moderate aura.
    Large black masterwork greatsword who instantly refited to Akresh size as he grabs it, moderate aura.
    Ceremonial dagger with a star ruby, faint aura.
    The nine brass rings, one from each killed bandit. The one in the necromancer doesn't come out from his finger however no matter how hard Akresh tries. Moderate aura.
    The pair of boots that look made of some exotic soft material, faint aura.
    A stange bag, dark blue bag with black runes stitched on it, moderate.
    Thirty six potions of various kinds, all faint.
    Nine scrolls, all faint.
    One wand, faint.

9. - Top - End - #159

"Well, does anyone have a way to identify what, exactly, the items in the magic pile do? I've mostly exhausted the extent of my abilities in that field by figuring out which ones are magical in the first place."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Huh. Good question. I can only detect magic, too."
    Current Characters

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don't know about the rest of it, but I can definitely figure out what most of the potions and scrolls do. I'll look them over. It might take a me a while, though. As for the rest... I don't want to risk giving him anything too powerful, but perhaps we should wake the madman up and have him test some of these things. We can flatter him into telling him that we know the items are powerful and that we want him to wear them. If they're cursed, we'll know. If not, we only have to wait until he goes back to sleep to have them back."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll take 10 on Spellcraft checks (for a total of 25) to identify the potions and scrolls. I'll do the same for Spellcraft checks to determine whether the brass rings were created or shaped by magic.

If I can, I'll do the same on Knowledge (Arcana) checks (for a total of 18) to see if I know anything about the other items.
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2008-11-18 at 06:01 PM.
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

12. - Top - End - #162

Akresh seems lost in thought and then snaps his fingers and says "Oh wait, I just remembered something" as he pulls out a small cube from his belt, it's jet black and about 4 cubic inches in size. "I received this from an artificer a few years back and never got a chance to see if it actually worked. It's supposed to identify the properties of magic items."

With that he places it on the mithral armor and says "Identify"
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

13. - Top - End - #163

After some carefull study and smelling, Ainariel quickly discovers the purposes of the potions and scrolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

8 potions of pass whitout trace lv1
    8 potions of shield lv1
    8 potions of shield of faith lv1
    8 potions of camouphlage lv1
    2 potion of cure light wounds lv1
    2 potions of jump lv1

Scroll of expeditous retreat lv 1
    2 scrolls of ghost sound lv 1
    Scroll of true strike lv1
    Scroll of pass whitout trace lv1
    Scroll of disguise self
    2 scrolls of cure light wounds
    Scroll of shield of faith lv1
    Scroll of shield lv1

14. - Top - End - #164

With a click, the upper face of the cube lights up, and in the air above it appears a floating blue glowing text:

Welcome to Identify Visao, your daily identifying tool for work and home.
    You've requested to identify an item. Are you sure you wish to identify the the item?

When someone says yes, the text changes and becomes:

Analyzing, please wait...

Wich some seconds later are replaced by:

This magic item has been brought to you by WondrousSoft. All crafting rights reserved.

Wich then changes again to the analyzing text, untill around a quarter hour later the text becomes green and says the following:

Item analysis complete:
    Level one enanchment bonus armor with silent moves adition.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-11-18 at 07:42 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165

Akresh seems a bit stunned at the cube and says "Well it appears that it does work. Time to identify the rest of these items."

Spoiler
    Show
    Just repeat the process for all the other magical items. Feel free to list them all at once.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Okay, that was just...odd," mutters Rin, crouching down to take a look at the identified potions and scrolls. Nothing she needs there, she notices with a sigh, fiddling with her hair as she would her whiskers in hybrid form. Well, that could just mean more gold for me. Or those magic items will turn out to be useful, who knows?
    Last edited by Kagehime; 2008-11-18 at 08:39 PM.
    Current Characters

17. - Top - End - #167

"Yeah. Odd about covers it."

Spoiler
    Show

Are the 69 arrows masterwork or just regular arrows?

Tally of items and their GP values:
    8 Masterwork Daggers - 2,416
    8 Masterwork Shortbows - 2,640
    8 Masterwork Studded Leather - 1,400 GP
    Coins - 4,017 GP
    +1 Mithral Chainshirt of Silent Moves - 5,850 GP
    Bag of Holding I - 2,500 GP
    Boots of Elvenkind - 2,500 GP
    Black Fleshgrinder - 11,050 GP
    Sacrificial knife - 8,302 GP
    Demonmight ward chainshirt barding - 5,000 GP (an estimate)
    Servant Rings - 4,000 GP
    8 potions of pass without trace - 400 GP
    8 potions of shield - 400 GP
    8 potions of shield of faith - 400 GP
    8 potions of camouflage - 400 GP (what book is this from?)
    2 potion of cure light wounds - 100 GP
    2 potions of jump - 100 GP
    Scroll of expeditious retreat - 25 GP
    2 scrolls of ghost sound - 25 GP
    Scroll of true strike - 25 GP
    Scroll of pass without trace - 25 GP
    Scroll of disguise self - 25 GP
    2 scrolls of cure light wounds - 50 GP
    Scroll of shield of faith - 25 GP
    Scroll of shield - 25 GP

Items that haven't bee priced yet:
    -Six brass mugs with jade inlays, empty.
    -Six golden idols of a bald man with a goatee.
    -A beautifully black velvet mantle with numerous onyx stones in the interior
    -Sixteen black and red opal stones incrustated in the demon's carapace
    Last edited by Emperor Tippy; 2008-11-18 at 09:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

Weird it may be, but it appears to work.

19. - Top - End - #169

The storm seems to finally come down as the identifying box analyzes the remaining items.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sacrificial knife, +1 dagger that grants +3 to knowledge religion to performing sacrificial checks and +3 bonus to all knowledge religion ten minutes after performing a sacrifice.

Demonmight ward chainshirt barding:+1 to AC and saves against attacks and spells from good creatures, an extra +1 to AC and saves against creatures with the good descriptor and spells with the good descriptor.

Black fleshgrinder: adamantine greatsword, when it hits a foe the user may activate it as a free action and drop it. The weapon keeps attacking by itself the foe for five turns, hiting automatically and dealing damage just as if the user was still wielding it, whitout need of any extra action by part of the user. Can be stoped by a sucessfull strenght check of DC20, in wich case the foe is now using the fleshgrinder.

Bag of holding type 1

Boots of elven skin. Grant +5 competence bonus to move silently checks.

Servant rings. Those rings are connected to a master ring. Three times per day, the master ring may exchange a message spell with each of the servant rings.

(Camophlage is from complete divine, druid spell)
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-11-18 at 09:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rin sighs, hearing the...thing read off the properties of items. Still nothing good. "Well. You guys take those things then, I've already got a magic bag, so I'll take jewels and gold...it's more what I want, anyway."
    Current Characters

21. - Top - End - #171

Akresh says "Well, none of those items are of particular interest to me. I propose that we place all of this stuff in the bag of holding and sell it as the opportunity arises and then split the proceeds. In fact I propose that that is what we do with all the wealth gained on this venture. The coinage can be used to cover incidental expenses for the group that we can't get the captain to pay for."

Spoiler
    Show

What's the wand of and how many charges does it have left?
    Last edited by Emperor Tippy; 2008-11-18 at 09:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Ainariel looks over the equipment, with a wince of distaste at the elven skin boots. He thinks for a moment. "That sacrifical dagger could be useful to me. I'll take it. Other than that, I don't mind if you sell the rest."
    Ainariel pulls a dagger hidden in his boot out, places it into the bag of holding, and sheathes the sacrifical dagger where the mundane dagger was.
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2008-11-18 at 09:54 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173

Akresh shrugs and says "Fine with me, I'll remember and count it's cost against your final cut."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

24. - Top - End - #174
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

“…Ghat ‘ey, dat stuff done pack a whallop…”

Seemingly out of nowhere, a small pocket window opens near the roof, disgorging a short rope that hangs out of thin air. Moments later, a colorful, wiry figure emerges from the extradimensional pocket and slides down the rope, landing on the deck with a small thud.

Standing up, the unexpected arrival proves to be an elf of some sort, though one of clearly exotic origins. He is tall and well-tanned, though sporting all manner of decorative tattoos in various colors on his face and arms, many of which continue under the darkleaf breastplate he is wearing. A number of small trinkets and charms, some of which resemble crude dolls, hang from his belt, but for the moment, he is looking around in rather bleary-eyed confusion.

“Rhaatid!? Ya people not be da Flamerazahs, and dis ain’t de Silvah Phoenix…wha in da spirit’s name be going on here?”
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2008-11-18 at 10:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

As the window opens daggers appear in both of Akresh's hands and within seconds he has one across the elves throat and the other pokeing him in the kidney "You have about 6 seconds to tell me why you are here, honest answers would be the most conducive to your surviving the conversation."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Ainariel jumps up. The sudden arrival of an elf, even a confused one, throws him into a panic. Inverting Akresh's reaction, Ainariel immediately draws his rapier and dagger and skitters backwards. "Who are you?! Are you here for me?! Are you a druid?! How did you get here?! What do you want?! Why are you people still trying to kill me?! Who ARE you?!"
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2008-11-18 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Update made post obsolete

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

"This is going to be a long trip, I can t--"

Instead of completing that sentence, Rin is distracted, and whirls as something catches her attention. Seeing what it is, she has to blink. Yes, some strange, brightly outfitted elf really did just drop onto the deck. Hearing his words, she sighs again.

Wonderful. More crazies. Especially as paranoid what's-his-name attempted to stab him. She glanced over at the two, and smoothed back her hair, trying--perhaps, as the priestess here--to be the voice of reason.

"Now let's just calm down here..."

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy check to settle the situation down with the others: (1d20)[13] + 9.

...What is he, an Ork?
    Last edited by Kagehime; 2008-11-18 at 10:09 PM.
    Current Characters

28. - Top - End - #178
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

The movement of Akresh seems to sober up the new arrival immensely, though not fast enough to dodge the daggers. Despite this, he seems remarkably calm, turning his head to look Akresh directly in the eyes despite the knife at his throat. The elf's eyes are a dark blue, and as far as the assassin can tell, completely unconcerned - combined with the wild tattoos across his face, it would be mildly disconcerting at the very least.

"If we're gonna be talkin' bout anythin' mon, I'd strongly suggest ya take ya daggahs away - it not be too conducive to ya health eaythah tah be threatenin' me like dat."
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2008-11-18 at 10:24 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Rin's words don't stop Ainariel from hyperventilating, but they do calm him down a bit. "I am calm, Rin. I will continue to be calm if this man is not an Aerenal druid come to get me the moment I made the mistake of coming back into the open. If he is what I suspect he is, though on second thought he doesn't look like one of my people but of course you get lots of odd sorts these days so he still could be but then - " Ainariel gasps for breath. "Okay. Talk to him, then. I'm going to be back here until I'm sure he won't turn into a fire-breathing bear." Without taking an eye off of Ikatani, Ainariel retreats until his back hits a wall, and calls his skeletal dinosaurs to his side.

30. - Top - End - #180

Akresh smiles evilly at the elf who turned his head at an unnatural angle as his eyes turn red and his canines lengthen and sharpen into fangs. "Within the past two hours over a dozen people and one demon have tried to kill me. I'm still alive, they aren't. Now you just appeared inside our airship, which is supposed to be a reasonably secure location. I would like to know why, especially since my friend here seems to think that you might be here to kill him. Personally, you don't seem like the type of person that any of my enemies would send to kill me but I've learned that it's best to not take chances. So how about you start talking and if I like your answers the daggers go away? If you don't like that option, I can always just stab you. And even if you manage to survive the stabbing, there are five of us and one of you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Using my minor shapechange ability to the red eyes and fangs
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win