New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: You bring your homebrew class 2!

"Why do I even try...?" Rin mutters under her breath.
    Current Characters

I made my avatar myself. You look kind of surprised! Eeh hee hee!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

Samantha, seeing the trouble brewing between the newcomer and the overly paranoid "John" decides to put up her plane of resistance.

Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone tries to go through it it requires a strength check against (1d20+12)[28] I can also catch up to twelve ranged attacks that try to cross it each round. The plane is surrounding Akresh and covers the front and sides of the newcomer.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-18 at 10:45 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

The elf grins widely in return - his teeth are also filed to points, but unlike Akresh's, they appear to be that way naturally.

"Da more der are of you, dat's just more spirits fo' me ta be playin' with. For all I know, you people be pirates who'd just finish'd slaughterin' my shipmates and are lookin' ta finish the job, makin' any talk we do a bit pointless. Meeybe we comprise, ya take yer daggers off and I don't put a wither-hex inta ya soul, because it don't mattah if you be da king of hell 'imself, mess wit me and I'll make yah wish yah were nevah born."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

Akresh shrugs and says "Perhaps you will. But the daggers stay until you answer some questions, unless you would prefer being bound with manacles instead? I am not a particuarly trusting person, even less so recently, and you need to look at this from my point of view. You just appeared out the thin air, inside an airship traveling at around 60 miles per hour and a thousand feet above the ground. Half of the people in this room have enemies that would like to see them dead and have significant resources at their disposal and we just got finished fighting some cultists who attacked us for no reason that I am aware of. Said cultists being willing to sacrifice their lives and souls to call a demon up from hell to kill us. And after dealing with the demon and most of the cultists, 2 of them managed to teleport away. But not before making various threats. So forgive me if I'm inclined to be less than trusting at the moment."
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Ainariel puts his dagger away, though he's still pointing his rapier out. He straightens up a bit, and even takes a half-step back towards the newcomer. "Druids don't cast wither-hexes... I think..." He decides to wait for Akresh's discussion to proceed a bit further before deciding to trust the newcomer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

6. - Top - End - #186

"And dis be mah problem how? I go ta sleep in me hideyhole aftah downing two bottle o' somefin dat gnome called alcholmist's fiyah, and wake up ta find meself in a completely different ship surrounded by a bunch o' nutjobs who might or might not be murderin' pirates, one of whom keeps insistin' on holding a knife to me throat despite it being a verrah bad idea."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

Now just calm down, Mr...
    Samantha says to the newcomer.
    It's understandable that you're confused, but the overly paranoid man here can't hurt you unless he's he's significantly stronger than I think he is, I've got him boxed in, so how about you tell us your end of the tale and we'll tell you ours?
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-18 at 11:17 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188

Akresh blinks at the man and appears stunned "So your a drunk who teleports in his sleep? I can't see someone making something like that up by way of explanation and your breath does smell of alcohol. So I'll give you this small concession. I'll put the daggers away and back off a bit, but if I get even the slightest inkling that you are doing, about to do, or even contemplating doing something unpleasent to me or my companions then I will kill you. One chance is all I'm willing to give you at the moment. Understood?"

Assuming that the man agrees Akresh absorbs the daggers back into his gloves and appears to be ripped to shreds by shadows before being reassembled directly behind Samantha. He then whispers in Samantha's ear "You really thought that you could hold me against my will?" before stepping to the side and saying to the man "So, answers?

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action to use Shadow Stride
    Last edited by Emperor Tippy; 2008-11-18 at 11:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Wait, wait, wait...hold on. You drank alchemist's fire? Gods, man, do you have a deah wish? And for that matter, just what is a wither-hex?" Rin sighed, and irritably tightened the obi that held her robe up.
    Current Characters

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Akresh can't actually back off due the the plane of resistance set up around him, read the posts above you before you say stuff

11. - Top - End - #191

Spoiler
    Show
    You hadn't posted when I clicked reply. And do you really think it's a good idea to interfere with what Akresh is doing without a very good reason. IC you should have realized by now that he is very paranoid, one of his supposed allies has already tried to attack him once tonight, and now you're siding with a random individual who appeared out of nowhere and in fact actively stopping Akresh from taking the actions that he thinks are necessary to protect himself and the group.

You also *told* said man who is more likely to be an enemy than a random stranger that we are a divided group and that he can expect us to fight amongst ourselves.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

12. - Top - End - #192

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, what she did was box us both in - neither of us can move out of the square we're in without making that crazy high strength check. She also posted that about 15 minutes before your last post...
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2008-11-18 at 11:28 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193

Spoiler
    Show
    Didn't notice that. And how is her plane of force shaped? Are we both in separate boxes? If so then how are my daggers still at your throat and kidneys.

And that's quite a powerful ability if she really can box us in as a standard action.

But I'll alter my post to reflect the plane's existence.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

14. - Top - End - #194

Spoiler
    Show

I dunno, ask her.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Ainariel advances all the way up to Rin, sheathing his rapier as he goes - though he still keeps an eye on the tattooed elf. "I'm reasonably sure it couldn't have been actual alchemist's fire, probably just alcohol. And if this man really does drink alchemist's fire, well, I guess that's his right. Not a right any sane man would execute, but a mad fire-drinker seems safer than a mad aberration-summoner to me."
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rin does have her hand on the gohei under the folds of her robe anyway, just to be on the safe side, as she leans against the wall, eyes watching everyone around her with some alarm. Some team, eh? The only ones who seem at all reasonable are that other woman and this fellow. "That makes more sense...and a fair point."
    Last edited by Kagehime; 2008-11-18 at 11:41 PM.
    Current Characters

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    the new guy isn't boxed in completely unless he was against a wall or something, and Akresh was in a separate square than he was, the plane of resistance just makes it so you can't cross unless you beat my strength check (which I rolled pretty well on, and as telekinesis is the only trick I have I would hope I'd be pretty powerful at it by level 12), I did it precisely because Akresh is so paranoid, the new guy is either a threat that the 5 of us could most likely handle, or he's a drunk cajun fool who's confused and needs a moment to get his bearings, either way I thought it prudent to not immediately kill him (you aren't the only one who gets to act in character you know), and as I did post it awhile back in real time your daggers weren't touching him since that point, but he couldn't reach yopu either, the plane stops as soon as I stop concentrating on it, so if he started casting a spell we would roll intiative and I'd drop it

Spoiler
    Show
    actually re-reading the abilities description, you are both totall enclosed, I only need 1 5-foot square for each of you
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-18 at 11:54 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198

The elf reaches out, only to hit the invisible wall in front of him. He gives it a few bemused pokes to the sides, rear, and above before apparently giving up and looking around at the group.

"What yah callin' me mad for, mon? I may not be from aroun' heah, but I know da difference between de stuff dat makes yah guts burn and de stuff that sets 'em on fiyah. And I def'nitely ain't de one going aroun' stabbing everybody who don't look all nicelike when I see 'em.

Now what kinda ansahs do ya want, mon? Hopefully dis invisible box ya got set up'll keep whatevah's making you people crazy away from me while I ansah."

One of the small doll-like effigies at his belt looks remarkably like the elf himself, down to tiny imitation tattoo lines on the cloth face - he pulls it off its hook and toys with it in one hand as he speaks.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2008-11-19 at 12:00 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

Seeing that the newcomer is confined, Ainariel decides it's safe to step forward."There are a few answers I want. First, are you a druid? Second, are you plotting to kill us? Third, do you worship Yuri? Finally, what's your name?"

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    surlyseraph, you're confined too, everyone who had a weapon out is confined, and everyone else might be too depending in the size of the room.

21. - Top - End - #201

Apparently satisfied that someone in the room isn't trying to kill him, the lef shrugs.

"If it's druids you be a-feared of, mon, ya don't need to be worrying about that here - my powahs be much more personal. Yah don't get many druids where I'm from, dey tend ta get eaten. As for me killin' yah, I believe yah bladehappy friend ovah dere did point you dat you got me outnumbahed five tah one - only a crazy man'd take on dose odds. Ain't nevah heard of nobody or nothin' named Yuri. And me name, dat be Ikatani Kabasuti, of the Kanababa tribe. Howbout yah, yah got a tribe tah claim?"

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

Hitting his nose on an invisible wall of force as he steps forward, Ainariel begins to get worried again. "Lady, assuming you're the one doing this, can you let me move? I'm not going to kill him unless he starts calling down fire on me or something. And even then, I'd probably just cripple him." As usual, an even more dire thought passes into Ainariel's mind. Did she set all of this up? Is this some kind of conspiracy? But how would she know we all would be hear? I don't think she knew about this new guy. But I think she's psychic. Can she hear my thoughts? Oh gods, this is why I never trust beautiful women.

Hearing Ikatani's replies, Ainariel focuses back on the situation at hand. "Alright, good. I asked because quite a few druids tried to kill me some years ago, and I'd been in hiding since then. I was afraid you were one of them who still held a grudge. I asked about Yuri because, as John there mentioned, we were recently attacked by cultists venerating him. He was a wizard who loved mind control, typical of those freedom-hating bastards. But this isn't the time to talk about that. In any case, I am Ainariel Carnesir, formerly of the Aerenal elves, and I'm glad to see that you're a reasonable man, Ikatani."
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2008-11-19 at 12:20 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

Yeah it's my doing, and I don't think I'm letting any of you move until we've all calmed down.
    Samantha says, looking at Akresh/John pointedly during that last bit.

Now, the only one of you that I actually know anything about is miss Rin over there, how about we start by introducing ourselves, Ikitani and Ainarial have already said hi and my name is Samantha, who's next?
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-19 at 12:30 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204

Akresh smiles and says "I introduced myself back at the tavern. Or at least introduced one of my numerous identities. But since we seem to be working together on a more long term basis you may call me Akresh."

As he speaks Akresh's body seems to shift and reform, eventually settling on the appearence of an average looking elf with above average height, grey eye's, and black hair.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

Relieved, Rin leans farther back against the wall, looking up. "I've already introduced myself to Ainariel, but I'm Rin. Rin Itachi. Or Itachi Rin if you want to follow the traditional naming convention, but I doubt you would."
    Current Characters

26. - Top - End - #206

A couple hours passes by and the storm seems to have calmed down to a light rain, altough you still see some lightings here and there.

Someone then knocks the door, and whitout waiting for a reply the captain enters. Well, he tries to, since the tiny room is really cramped. He ends up choosing to stay in the doorway, with his lieutenants waiting in the corridor behind him, and speaks:

All confortable here? Then please follow me to the planing room. We have battle plans to discuss.

He then notices the newcomer elf, looks at him suspiciously for a moment, and then asks, in a serious but nonthreatening tone:

I don't think I remember you son. I had hired six people back in the village right? How did you get in here?

27. - Top - End - #207

After talking with the elf for most of the night and having decided that he is a better partner than the mad psion Akresh says to the captain"Well this is kinda simple. I won't work with the psion, he's nuts and has already attempted to attack me once. I will work with this here elf, he might be nuts but at least I don't think that he will stare at crystallized demons instead of attacking the enemy. So if you want 6 people and don't have any particular reason to want the psion then throw him overboard and higher the elf, if you want the psion then I will regretfully return the down payment you have given me and request to be placed on the ground."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tippy=Win

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

I must agree with our most paranoid friend here captain, although I don't advocate the killing of said crazy psion, Ikitani seems capable enough, if a little confused.

29. - Top - End - #209

The gnome speacks in Akresh's defense:

Well, he's kinda right captain, when I went to retrieve them that psion was trying to turn the others into statues

Yes, but Bogyk, i don't throw people overboard, no matteer how bad they may be...

Well, I see that all you bunch of ignorants can't understand my genious-says Emillio from his sleeping position, startling everyone-I shall go to somewhere where they'll understand me, oh yes...

And with these words, he sudenly disapears from his place. The captain sighes and says:

Well, I would like to say this is the first time that this happens, hired help sudenly disapearing, but it isn't. I'm however really in need of some extra strong hands so I can't afford to be too picky. If you say this elf is trustwhorty and usefull, then I'll take your word for it. Now, anyone else has problems or can we go make the last preparations before landing in the hot zone?
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-11-19 at 02:10 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

Did you learn anything from the captive that might be useful?