New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: The Fatal Syzygy - Saints

Jaxon

Jaxon swallows hard at the odd sensations that are rushing through his body. Given that whatever this is doesn't feel harmful, and Bala's reassurances, he does not choose to resist them. He does however, remain hidden.

Spoiler
    Show

Will save - choosing not to accept one. Jaxon's will save isn't great anyway.
    Initiative - (1d20+5)[7]
    Starting Position - Hiding behind pillar in Y6

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative for Bala: (1d20+3)[12]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20=20)

Sigurd will be moving to follow the elf while still remaining hidden. As soon as blows start being exchanged, he'll dispense with stealth and start running. He has no intention of fighting anyone here.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

D'oh!
    (1d20+2)[15] Initiative.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Mary

I do,” Mary said, looking at Armina, instead of the celestial being. She smiled blissfully, eyes closed to further focus on the sensation. “Something innate; like a gift from my parents.”

She opened her eyes only to see the grisly guards advance on the pair. Mystification turned to a dismay turned to anger. Her gaze shifted from Armina, glaring squarely at the blinding creature, hoping it could see her beyond its own radiance. This was clearly no friend she should welcome, or guest she should accede to. She pooled every fibre of her being then to fight the effect, and with calm defiance said, “But if fighting is the only test a backwards being like yourself can think to set us against, then I can unlock my potential without you.”

Mary regarded the guards, held up her hands slowly to show no weapon was at the ready, seeing this as the only time for a ditch attempt to turn the others away from violence, “None of us need to fight! We aren't your enemies, and we've never had any reason to be. Put your weapons away, and together, we can try to understand why that thing is turning us against each other!”

Spoiler
    Show

Mary is at O9. She will likely to stay to help if Armina decides to stay and fight.

(1d20+8)[14] Will Save to resist whatever is happening.

(1d20+21)[40] diplomacy to turn the guards away from violence.

(1d20)[17] Initiative for battle.

Djinn_in_Tonic avatar. I owe him a big thank you.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Default Consequences

The guards suddenly stop their reach for their weapons. They turn to the light-creature and say in a Cockney accent, "Y'know, Amil, th' pretty lady," he nods to Mary with a smile, "could be right. Mebbe just a written test or sumthing, eh?" Amil gives him a droll look before addressing you two again. "I am not like my brethren, Mary -- I am a bit more clever than they. We have found, though, that violence is a wonderful catalyst that speeds up the process and the simplest way to demonstrate the effects." He takes out a greatsword. "And since Armina doesn't seem to be feeling anything, and my time is running short -- I'll have no choice but to speed up the process myself. I need to know if you are the ones from the prophecy." He waves the other guards out of the way.

"See? Nothing but treachery from this... this... thing." The lizard continues to make its case. The fat elf reaches the door and sees the half-giant to his left. Nothing but a quiet eek comes out of his mouth.

Spoiler
    Show

The results:
    For Sigurd:
    Spoiler
    Show

You press down hard against the surge and successfully suppress the feeling, taking the first step to understanding and controlling whatever this is. You get a permanent +2 bonus to saves against similar effects. (I'll tell you when the bonus applies.)

For Armina and Mary:
    Spoiler
    Show

Despite your best efforts of controlling what's happening, the feeling seeps into your being. You gain 1dX HP where X is the highest HD you've taken so far. For example, a bard/barbarian would roll a 1d12 and gain that much HP. Your will is still your own, though, and you can continue to fight the effects if you would like. Each round, you can roll a Will save to suppress it, or you can relent.

For Bala and Jaxon:
    Spoiler
    Show

You allow the full effects of the feelings to fill your entire being. You gain 2dX HP where X is the highest HD you've taken so far. For example, a bard/barbarian would roll a 2d12 and gain that much HP. In addition, it fortifies you, temporary boosting your innate being. Gain +2 to each primary stat (STR, CON, DEX, INT, WIS, CHA). Finally, you've gotten a feeling of great connection to each other and to Armina, Mary and the Gray Cloak. You know their positions, and you have a feeling that there is more to come.

You have relented to whatever this is, however, and you can feel that part of your will is no longer yours. You can no longer resist the effects for the rest of the encounter, and you have a permanent -2 penalty to saves against these kinds of effects. (I'll tell you when the penalty applies.)

The updated map:

Initiative:
    Sigurd - 20
    Mary - 17
    Armina - 15
    Bala - 12
    Jaxon - 7
    Amil
    Fat elf/Lizardfolk

The guards have stopped attacking you, but Amil still seems pretty determined. Mary's words have earned you a much less dangerous battle. First round actions, please, if you are going to engage in combat. Proven_Paradox -- I'll hold onto your action of running through the door following the fat elf unless you'd like a different action.
    Last edited by KingRexII; 2008-11-26 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    Smacking your teammate in the face is always a free action.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Bala

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: (2d4)[4]

She's delaying action until she sees what the lizardfolk is doing.

Bala struggles to make sense of the exuberance swelling up inside her. She continues to peer around the pillar at the drama unfolding.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

8. - Top - End - #98

Sigurd takes a quick step towards the elf, points to him, and growls, "Stay." He twirls the warhammer in his hand between his fingers lightly--an unusually dexterous maneuver from him--as he refocuses his mind so that he will be able to resist the effects of whatever that was again quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Five foot step to the south, then <swift> and <standard> action to recover warblade maneuvers.

If the elf tries to get away, he will use the attack of opportunity to initiate a grapple. "I said STAY." Touch attack/Grapple check: (1d20+12=31, 1d20+16=23)
    Last edited by Proven_Paradox; 2008-11-26 at 01:37 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Jaxon

Jaxon glances to Bala, trying to determine if she felt the same strange connection he did. He then looks over to the grey cloaked figure, "Hopefully this doesn't mean he knows where we are too," he thinks without moving a muscle.

His blood was pumping, and somehow he felt more able to do anything, but he still wasn't eager to get involved in the combat with the orb in his pocket. "Maybe it's best to at least be ready," he thinks. He slips the silvered dagger out of its sheath.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since Jaxon is already slow to react, he will stay hidden this round and watch what transpires.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2008-11-27 at 03:30 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

Armina

On seeing the guards stand down, Armina lets out a soft sigh, and says softly "Thank-you Mary. This fight might just be winnable now."

Then, with a smile, Armina dashes forward, jumping at the last moment and yelling "Psychic Fist of Disruption!", as her fist closes in on the glowing being.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d8)[4] HP
    Armina will charge the Lumi, using Stunning Fist (1/3 for the day).
    (1d20+7)[17] to hit.
    ((1d20+5)[21] possible crit confirmation)

(1d8+2)[5] damage.
    ((1d8+2)[9] extra damage from possible crit)

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Mary

Mary grinned in response until Armina mentioned winning the fight. There was a hint of disappointment in her eyes as she blessed the other woman with an invisible veil of divine intervention. Mary wanted to keep her friend safe, but she never expected her would-be guardian to have a zeal for combat. It seemed like both sides – Armina and Amil – assumed she didn't have any genuine want to end hostilities. They sounded like she had said all she had in a vindictive plot to gain a tactical advantage.

I'm not trying to trick anyone,” her exasperation expressed itself in a low mutter. Mary used that same anger to try and suppress the change the chanting was commanding happen. Although her earlier inability to stop it had oddly resulted in her feeling a little invigorated, she wanted nothing of a change that would best express itself when violence feed it. The very essence of it sounded sinister.

Mary glanced around, trying to take everyone into account, especially those that were out of combat. She felt like there was a peaceful answer to this ever-evolving problem yet.

Spoiler
    Show

Mary casts Sanctuary on Armina.

(1d20+8)[19] Will save

Last edited by Paramour Pink; 2008-11-27 at 12:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

Default I need a Surge protector.

Sigurd maneuvers himself for a better view, and he and Jaxon get a decent show. Mary waits for a moment1, allowing Armina to charge and miss. Mary steps in to provide her with some Sanctuary, but Amil's blade easily breaks the protection spell. He strikes her once2 and says, "Do you feel anything now?"

The other guards and the gray cloak step back, giving Amil room to work. None of them look worried about his safety even after your lizardfolk ally shoot him with a well placed arrow. The solid thunk barely fazes any of them.

The fat elf moves to leave through the doors as Sigurd steps in closer. He doesn't even make it one step before being grabbed by the big man. In a strained tone, he pleads with the half-giant, "Please... I'll give you anything if you help me. I-I-I- I have a money."

Spoiler
    Show

1Pink, Dreamshifter -- In order for you actions to make sense together, I delayed Mary's action until after Armina's action. Otherwise, Mary would have cast Sanctuary on Armina, and she would prompty break the spell herself by attacking. It does mean that Mary needed to move with the charging Armina to cast the spell. Does this sound OK with you guys?
    2Armina takes 13 damage.

More surging:
    For Sigurd:
    Spoiler
    Show

You feel the Surge around you, but it doesn't affect you directly. You do, however, begin to see the other four people in your group begin to glow slightly. Bala and Jaxon look brighter than Armina and Mary. The Gray Cloak also glows, and his is the brightest with an ever changing shifting color that ranges through the rainbow's colors.

For Armina:
    Spoiler
    Show

You fail to fight the feeling again. It begins to pervade your being even more. You gain 2dX HP where X is the highest HD you've taken so far. In addition, it fortifies you, temporarily boosting your body, mind and soul. Gain +2 to each primary stat (STR, CON, DEX, INT, WIS, CHA). Finally, you've gotten a feeling of great connection to the other five people and the Gray Cloak. You know their positions, and you have a feeling that there is more to come.

You can continue rolling Will saves to fight it, or you may relent.

For Mary:
    Spoiler
    Show

You have successfully suppressed the surge, but you still feel its lingering effects. Gain +1dX HP where X is the highest HD you've taken so far.

For Bala and Jaxon:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Surge continues to flow from and through you, making you feel exceeding powerful. You continue to gain 2dX HP where X is the highest HD you've taken so far. You gain an additional +2 to each primary stat for a total 'Surge' bonus of +4.

Your connection with the other three members of your team (excluding Sigurd) and the Gray Cloak becomes stronger still. By concentrating as in the Detect Thoughts spell, you can read 'surface' thoughts of any of the other three people or the Gray Cloak. This takes a standard action. Finally, you get the somewhat uneasy feeling that if any of the other three die, then you die.

:paM ehT

Initiative:
    Bala
    ====== end of Round 1
    Sigurd - 20
    Armina - 15
    Mary - 15
    Jaxon - 5
    Amil
    Fat elf/Lizardfolk
    Bala -- please provide your Round 1 action. Sigurd, Armina, Mary, and Jaxon -- please provide Round 2 actions.
    Last edited by KingRexII; 2008-11-27 at 11:25 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Bala

Bala fixates on the cloaked figure, guessing that he/she might be the source of information about their predicament.

Spoiler
    Show
    Round 1 action will be to focus in on the cloaked figure's thoughts. Unless someone decides to attack her, that'll be her second round action as well.

14. - Top - End - #104

Sigurd lifts the elf bodily so that his legs dangle uselessly off the ground. He looks down to the elf with a disgusted glare and growls, "Money. Yeah, that's absolutely gonna get me on your side right now. I got no idea where I'm going right now, and you look like you do. You lead us out, we'll protect you. We'll talk about further payment after." As he speaks, he attempts to regain his mental focus, and keeps an eye on the battle, vaguely curious what the others outside of the battle were going to do.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full round action: attempt to regain psionic focus.
    Psionic focus concentration check: (1d20+10=23) (Success!)

15. - Top - End - #105

Armina

As the blade slices her flesh, Armina grunts. "I feel... pain. Naturally. That is what happens when you slice people open." She doesn't notice that the wound heals almost instantly.

Then she flails her fists at the being, and yells "Tears of One Hundred Weeping Widows!"

Spoiler
    Show

HP regain: (2d8)[12]
    Bluff check (if necessary) (1d20)[9]

Flurry of Blows attack rolls: (1d20+4)[10], (1d20+4)[5]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[6], (1d6+3)[5]

Possible crits:
    Spoiler
    Show

Confirm crits: (1d20+4)[11], (1d20+4)[13]
    Crit damage: (1d6+3)[6], (1d6+3)[8]

Will roll (for next round): (1d20+7)[17]

And yes, her yelling out attack names is somewhat random. Apparently, that is how she was taught. Confuses the enemy or such...
    Last edited by Dreamshifter; 2008-11-28 at 12:33 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Jaxon

Jaxon feels the lifeblood freeze in his veins, even as his heart is pounding harder with even more new-felt power. "If they die, I might die too. I can't just sit here and do nothing," he thinks. "Though perhaps if I..." He pauses to concentrate, then moves forward.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Concentrate on Grey Cloak's thoughts.
    Move: to R4.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Mary

Mary winched when the protective spell proved futile. She wondered what had compelled Armina to fight this battle when it might sped up the effects of whatever was happening. Unfortunately, Mary had little insight into the taller woman's thinking, as otherwise the healer might have had an idea how to help prevent this. Amil equally seemed too determined to stop by her words alone, so the healer tried once again to get through to the guards that had been sensible enough not to seek out confrontation.

Stepping forward a few feet so that at least one of the guards could see her. Mary tried to speak quickly, being eager to end the problem, and also anxiously aware that an aggressive, greatsword-wielding angel was now also closer to her.

Please, we need to stop this. Your friend wants this change to happen, and I'm resisting it because of the fighting. And Armina doesn't feel anything! She's either stopping it for the same reason, or she's not apart of your prophecy. This fight is doing nothing but slowing down your own plans, and putting our friends in danger.”

Spoiler
    Show

Mary is now at L8.

(1d20)[19] will

(1d20)[6] diplomacy

Last edited by Paramour Pink; 2008-11-29 at 09:06 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

Default Crescendo

With his cheeks getting redder and redder, the fat elf says, "Y-yes, of course. Protect me and I-I'll lead you out." He doesn't try to struggle from Sigurd's arms -- he probably finds it safer than anything out there.

On the battle front, Armina futilely attacks Amil with clever puns. Amil ignores Mary's please and responds, "I assure, my dear Mary, that you and your friends are much more dangerous than any of us could ever be. And I beg to differ -- I believe she does feel something. She just won't tell." He continues to attack Armina, but misses with both strikes1. Realizing that he might be attacking the wrong person, he sidles up closer to Mary. Realizing that his questions won't be properly answered, he directs it this time toward the Gray Cloak: "What do you sense? Is it them? It answers with stillness and silence.

All the while, Bala and Jaxon both look like they are meditating on something2, and the lizardfolk feebly sends another arrow flying. It comes closer to hitting Armina than Amil.

Spoiler
    Show

1Armina dodges both attacks. She takes 0 damage.
    2for Toliudar and dariathalon:
    Spoiler
    Show

The monkey and the man hear the sounds of a group of people talking, arguing about something. They are able to hear snippets jumbled all together: "They are!" "No, we must be sure." "Help me!" "Shut up, you idiot!" "... too powerful..." "...save us..." "...prophecy..." "...glory..." "... destruction..." "...peace..." "...end..."

In an instant the voices stop and pause. It feels as if those voices are all of a sudden listening to you, staring at you.

More Surge:
    For Sigurd:
    Spoiler
    Show

The glowing gets a little stronger for Bala and Jaxon. You see a faint line that connects the other four. There is one that leads to you too, but it almost feels like a palpable rope that you can freely pull and cast off, which is unlike the others which look like it entangles them. There are two lines that lead off through the cavern walls out.

For Armina:
    Spoiler
    Show

You have successfully suppressed the surge, but you still feel its lingering effects. Gain +2dX HP where X is the highest HD you've taken so far. You no longer need to roll Will saves.

For Mary:
    Spoiler
    Show

You continue to gain +1dX HP where X is the highest HD you've taken so far.

For Bala and Jaxon:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Surge wells up even more, perhaps even more than you can handle. You gain an additional +2 to each primary stat for a total 'Surge' bonus of +6. You gain an initial feeling of well-being (gain HP), but it instantly goes away (lose HP) as the Surge is starting to tax your body and mind. (I'll say the next gain is zero.)

Additionally, the two of you have completely opened your minds to each other. Bala and Jaxon may now communicate with each telepathically. They cannot turn off the connection nor can they block any thoughts from each other.

More mapage:

Initiative:
    Bala
    ====== end of Round 2
    Sigurd - 20
    Armina - 15
    Mary - 15
    Jaxon - 5
    Amil
    Fat elf/Lizardfolk
    Bala -- please provide your Round 2 action. Sigurd, Armina, Mary, and Jaxon -- please provide Round 3 actions.

19. - Top - End - #109

Sigurd glares at the elf. "I'm going to drop you now. When I get done here, if you're not exactly where I left you, when I next see you, you will beg for death before I'm through with you." With that, he bodily tosses the elf further into the room, making sure the throw doesn't take him near a wall or pillar so-as not to harm the elf beyond roughing him up a bit. Once that's done, he'll begin moving towards the fight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: tossing the elf. I'm not sure how you'd like to do this Rex, but Sigurd's aiming around Y8. If I need to make any checks or rolls, just let me know.

Move action: Move NW, NW, NW, NW, ending at V7.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Jaxon

Jaxon continues his forward movement, and finally enters the fray. He stabs at the man of light with his dagger. Feeling the power race through his body, he hopes a few quick stabs could end this all before... before what? "Bala, can you hear me? Do you know what the hell is going on here?" he asks in his mind with an edge of desperation in his mental voice, only half certain the monkey woman can hear him.

Spoiler
    Show

I think you forgot to update the map with Jaxon's movement from last round to R4. This rounds actions are to
    Move: to K6.
    Standard: Attack (1d20+9)[27], Damage (1d4+4)[8] + (1d6)[3]

Currently: AC 21, HP 39/39

21. - Top - End - #111

Armina

With the surging finally apparently under control, Armina relaxes slightly. "Feel? I feel a multitude of emotions and sensations, none of which are any of your concern. But of what you speak? I'm certain I'd know if I was feeling that, and I'm not."

She calmly swings a couple more blows towards the annoying being, fairly confidant in her ability to remain undamaged, at the least.

Spoiler
    Show

Bluff: (1d20)[20], and she really needs to put some ranks in that next level, if she is going to try anything like this again.

Flurry of Blows: (1d20+4)[24], (1d20+4)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[5], (1d6+3)[8]

Possible crit rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To Hit: (1d20+4)[9], (1d20+4)[15]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[8], (1d6+3)[6]

If this doesn't work, she is very seriously considering going after the gloaked fellow. Up the Walls, no less...

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Bala

Jaxon:

Spoiler
    Show
    "I...can! I can hear everything. But...why are you fighting Amil? Wasn't it the lizard-guy who was threatening and hostile? Wait. I'm going to try to communicate with the voices contained in the cloaked figure."

Bala holds onto the pillar for stability, and continues to stare at the cloaked figure.

Spoiler
    Show
    Inside her thoughts, she tries to focus a stream of language back towards the voices/people that are "watching" her and Jaxon.

"Hello! Hi there. Unless there's some point to having all of us try to kill each other, maybe all of you could take a moment to explain what the hell's going on...and then maybe I could help. You know, actually communicate? That might be fun."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

Mary

She could only look confused at the answer. Armina clearly knew how to fight well, but she didn't appear to be volatile. Mary knew she had personally never tried to endanger anyone either.

You're the only danger around here,” she retorted. Heeding her own words, she tried stepping back, behind the safety of Armina. Despite this, she tried to judge if what the angel said was actually true. A heavenly creature attacking for little reason seemed unlikely.

Spoiler
    Show

Mary tries to move to M7. I think that means the Lumi gets an Attack of Opportunity against me? Not sure.

Will Save +8 (1d20)[19] (Not sure if I need to keep trying but here I go)
    HP Roll (1d8)[3]
    Sense Motive check
    Last edited by Paramour Pink; 2008-11-30 at 01:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

Default Forte

While Bala continues to look like she's still concentrating on something1, Jaxon converges on Amil, striking him with a dagger as one of Armina's punches lands. Amil wonders what that effective move is called so that he could avoid it in the future. While Mary hides behind Armina, Sigurd comes out farther into the room, tossing the fat elf onto his haunches in the process. Other than a squeal of pain, he doesn't seem to say anything nor does he move.

Amil responds to Armina's words with doubt in his eyes -- his light dims slightly as a sad thought passes his mind. The light changes quickly to red, though when Jaxon bounded out of from behind the pillar to stab him. His ire, though, is not from those that hurt him physically, but those that he feels have deceived him. "You may have fooled my guards, but you cannot fool me. Your blindness is a sickness that covers your mind from the truth." He moves around Armina, casts a spell and briefly touches Mary's arm2, and in that touch she realizes just how deadly serious Amil has spoken3

He asks again: "What now, Gray? You must know something by now." The only thing that answers, though, is the earth. The cavern begins to shake.

Spoiler
    Show

1For Toliudar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    An answer that sounds like a choir speaking says, "You are the prophesied. The signs are aligning, and the words of the Unseen Seer are coming true. You are destined to be our savior."

2Mary starts to feel sick. Make a Fort save, DC 16 or take 4 Strength damage. If you fail that save, make a Fort save, DC 16 or be permanently blinded.
    3Mary senses that Amil speaks nothing but the truth.

The possibly penultimate Surge:
    For Sigurd:
    Spoiler
    Show

The glowing becomes more intense, but you sense nothing more.

For Armina:
    Spoiler
    Show

You continue to gain +2dX HP.

For Mary:
    Spoiler
    Show

You continue to gain +1dX HP. If you took Strength damage, heal one point of Strength damage.

For Bala and Jaxon:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Surge takes on painful consequences, and it taxes you both beyond your capabilities. You gain an additional +2 to each primary stat for a total 'Surge' bonus of +8. It deals 2dX damage, where X is the highest HD you've taken so far.

You've been mapped:

Initiative:
    Bala
    ====== end of Round 3
    Sigurd - 20
    Armina - 15
    Mary - 15
    Jaxon - 5
    Amil
    Fat elf/Lizardfolk
    All -- Make a Balance check, DC 12 or fall prone at the beginning of your turn.
    Bala -- please provide your Round 3 action. Sigurd, Armina, Mary, and Jaxon -- please provide Round 4 actions.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Bala

Bala begins walking slowly towards the grey-cloaked figure, struggling to maintain her footing as the cavern begins to shake. The pain and disorientation from the surge are nearly overwhelming. She holds her hands out, palms exposed, to show the guards that she means no harm.

KingRex and Dariathlon:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Balance check (1d20+11)[14]

Double move to J4. Stopping short if she's getting the vibe (Sense Motive (1d20+5)[20] if necessary) from the guards that they're taking her advance as aggression. Her thoughts are clear to Jaxon and, she hopes, the grey-cloaked figure.

"Hey, buddy, I'd like to be your saviour. I'll get right on that. Thing is, the whatever-it-was you did to us hurts like hell, and the cavern seems to be caving in, and I have this weird sense that if your Lumi friend here kills Armina, we're all dead, and therefore probably out of the saviour-ing business. If you take my meaning.

Now, we saw the five of you just pop in a minute ago. What say you pop us all out to a place that isn't collapsing, where a crazy lizard isn't shooting at us, and we can carry on this business of saving you. Sound good?"

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Mary

Mary strained to swallow back a wave of sickness, feeling so nauseated that the world seemed to shake as she dropped to the floor heavily to her left side. She winched as she felt a rusted sword cut her knee, but held her left hand over her closed mouth with her right keep her propped up. Her mind dwelled on what curse she had been given as a darkness tries to set into her sight. Then the sickness and darkness passed uneasily, and she oddly remembered her mother's saying, Never give into a man after only one touch. She hadn't understood when she was younger, but it seemed appropriate now.

Looking the quaking cavern, hoping no debris would fall on anyone, and she was surprised to see Sigurd and the fat elf across the room. Mary realized then that with Jaxon also nearby, Bala probably was too. If this place falls apart, we're all going to die because of him. She starred angrily into the two pitiful torch lights that passed for his eyes.

I don't care what you think of me,” she snapped. “But you need to stop thinking about yourself, and start thinking about your friends! They're going to linger here if you're stupid enough to stay while the whole place falls apart on top of us. Leave now and get them to safety. If this is so important, you can return to annoy us when you aren't endangering everyone around you!”

Spoiler
    Show

Mary is still flat on her behind/prone at M7.

Will Save to resist chanting. (1d20+8)[27]
    HP Roll. (1d8)[6]
    Diplomacy attempt to get Amil to leave. (1d20+21)[33]
    Balance check only got a 5.
    The dice didn't fail me now, for the fortitude saves.

On a minor note, I'm loving the intentional irony of picking me as the liar. Looks like I need to take a few lessons of looking innocent from Armina.

27. - Top - End - #117

Armina

The floor shakes, but Armina has trained for years on less stable surfaces, and she weathers the shaking without conscious thought. Which is just as well, since her mind is busy with other thoughts. Finally seeing that Amil was making sense, at least in changing targets, she makes a decision, and runs off, full speed, toward the wall. "You know, Amil, the lady right about one thing. Us sparring like this is rather futile. On the other hand..."

At this point, it seems that she is about to run into the wall, but instead, she seems to defy gravity, and takes off up the wall. "...perhaps I can have better luck sparring with another target!" Straight up the wall, to the ceiling, she dashes, then, just when it would almost be expected for her to run along the ceiling, she turns to her right, hopping on the pillar. She zips around the pillar, then with a smile, lets go of the wall, and falls toward the cloaked figure, yelling "Blatantly Obvious Distraction Technique!"

[spoiler]Since she is moving in straight lines, she should provoke AoOs from the Lumi, and the southern guard (if he decides to attack). 30 foot fall, aiming for GC, and clearly, trying to disrupt his (its?) concentration.
    Last edited by Dreamshifter; 2008-12-01 at 06:36 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Jaxon

Jaxon seems to barely even notice the ground trembling beneath his feet, his mind is so preoccupied with a sudden sensation of pain. He grunts loudly as the powers flowing through him feel as if they are too much for his body to hold. He manages to shake the pain off for a moment, and he continues to press his attack.

His eyes lock on Bala for a moment before he suddenly drops and rolls away from her. Near the end of his roll, one arm lashes out, dagger in hand for another slice at Amil.

Toli:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You said to trust the glowy-guy and I did. But whatever his buddy over there did to us, I think we die if Armina or Mary dies. What does our brilliant friend do, but start attacking her and Mary. I didn't see I had much choice in the matter."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Damage rolls and balance check in Die Roller thread.
    Surge Damage (2d8)[9]
    Balance (1d20+10)[27]
    Move: Tumble to L9. Should make the roll automatically, but here's a roll in case there's a penalty for the earthquake or something. (1d20+18)[24]
    Standard: Attack (1d20+10)[30], Damage (1d4+5)[8] + (1d6)[4]

Crit Verification, rolls made in die roller thread since I couldn't add them in here
    Crit verification: (1d20+10)[21]
    If successful, extra damage: (1d4+5)[7]
    AC 21, HP 35/44
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2008-12-02 at 12:49 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dariathlon:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bala grits her teeth, and sends her thoughts back.

"Actually, kid, Armina attacked the angel. I guess I just don't like the feeling that our life cords are tangled up with Miss Charge In First Ask Questions Later - AND with the guy she's punching.

30. - Top - End - #120

"I'm not sure whose the stupidest one here. The girl who's trying to talk her way out of things AFTER weapons have been drawn, the one shouting out as she attacks like a damned fool, the monkey and the man for just standing there for so long..." At this, he begins running full tilt towards the light-person, seeming to pay the shaking ground little head. He raises his hammer above his head in both hands and shouts, "Or me for not leaving every last one of you to die! We're all just a buncha' damn fools, huh?!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Balance: (1d20+5=19)

I've been forgetting to roll for crusader maneuvers--sorry about that. However, without using any, by round four all of them would be granted.

<Swift> Switching to Leading the Charge stance.
    <Full round> Charge attack. +2 AB, -2 AC. Total AC is a rather terrifying 9 at the moment. Wielding the hammer with both hands. Damage is 1d8 <weapon> + 3 <stance> + 6 <strength>.

Using Stone Bones crusader strike; if I hit, I get DR 5/adamantine for the rest of the round.

Charge attack/damage: (1d20+11=19, 1d8+11=13) ((Erm, I messed up the damage roll; should be +9, so the total is 11. Dox fails at basic math apparently.))

At the end of this round, since Stone Bones is the only maneuver not granted, there's no need to roll; it's granted again.