New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alithium

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Alithium

"Alright me laddys, welcome to me ale 'ouse. What can I get you?"

The bartender greets you as you enter the little shack dubbed, "The Rocking Horse Inn".

Oh, and just some background knowledge, in case you didn't get it from my other post:

"Let me take you into the deep dark depths of history. About ten years ago in the city of Lainokida, the capitol of Verninia; a young boy named Zacharious of the mages guild stumbled upon a great discovery. He spent most of his time in the Great Libraries; and when looking through the books he stumbled upon a book that caught his eye… “The Book of the Ancient Travels”. The book had a dark purplish-black cover, made of a strange magic stone that glistened in the light. It had a silver binding, and a very strange, deamonic symbol on the front. Pages and pages of notes were falling out as he dusted it off. He opened it and all he saw was a book talking about the arts of the chicken industry. The notes however had strange mathematical problems and diagrams of a cylinder like chamber. He brought it to the Head Master as soon as he could. Now the more experienced mages could figure out the drawings and notes, and found out that it was some sort of portal. The mages thought that it would bring them somewhere special, so got to work on constructing it at once.
    Only two years later, the portal was finished, and Zacharious had become a very powerful wizard, and volunteered to be the first to test it out, and how could the Head Master say no, after all, he was the one who found it to begin with.
    “I’m ready!” exclaimed Zacharious with glee, as he stepped into the chamber and readied his suit.
    “Okay, now you’ve already been told how everything works, any questions?” asked the Head Master. Zacharious shook his head. “Okay, I’m flipping the switch in three… two… one, and here we go!”
    *BOOM*. The entire room shook with power as the portal started up. “I’m… I’m flying I can really g-“ Zacharious’ explanation was cut short by the sword now sticking through him. He was thrown with incredible force into the machinery. He hit the main control panel with his face and there was a spine-tingling crack as his head split open. Brain and puss was leaking out from the large crack in his head as the Head Master ran over to help. At that moment though, the portal began to shake un-controllably and the top piece came flying towards the Head Master at un-imaginable speeds, and sliced him neatly in half. He fell to the floor in two pieces, blood and green liquid pouring out of the open sides. Through all the smoke and sparks, a lone figure steps out.
    That figure happened to be a Yuthlorn. Black skin, and long white hair. Eight years later, from what you know, the single Yuthlorn somehow contacted his own on his planet. Then before anyone knew it, there were Yuthlorns crawling out of the wood-work. Your world was shortly over-run by them. Now there are only a few resistance towns, one of which is where you reside."

You will all arrive at different times, in the order that you post, so don't think that you're going there in a group, you each came here alone, separately. The greeting thing is mostly the same however.
    Last edited by B1ade of Shadow; 2008-11-11 at 08:29 PM.
    "All we are saying, is give Peace a chance."

........---........................."When the DM smiles, it's already too late." - Mr. G
    .....//.,||..\\......
    ....||..||...||.....
    .....\\.//\\.//......
    ........---..........

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Alithium

A young man dressed in a simple peasant's tunic and leggings of beige or tan comes from 'round the other side of the taven, the barest beginnings of sweat glistening on his brow. The lithe human says with a contented smile, Good sir, I have finished stacking your firewood. Is there anything else I can do for you that can go towards paying my room? Would you like any other chores done?
    I thought of a thought thinking about the thoughts thunk by thinkers. I thought the thought was thunk but I think I thought otherwise.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

"No, no, you've done fine work lad. Why don't ya have a seat at a table, and I'll get ya a drink. And when ya need a bit o' shut eye, your room will be th' second on the right, up-stair. Mind the steps will ya."
    Last edited by B1ade of Shadow; 2008-11-11 at 08:49 PM.

........---........................."When the DM smiles, it's already too late." - Mr. G
    .....//.,||..\\......
    ....||..||...||.....
    .....\\.//\\.//......
    ........---..........

4. - Top - End - #4

Griffon

The young man nods, and bows, Thank you, but I do not drink. I think I may just have a seat and enjoy your fine atmosphere.
    One has to look twice to see it in the daylight, but its easier to see indoors, that the human is emitting a faint glowing light, pulsing softly yet strongly. He walks in and sits down at an empty table, people-watching.
    I thought of a thought thinking about the thoughts thunk by thinkers. I thought the thought was thunk but I think I thought otherwise.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

a tall, and lithe elf enters the rockibng horse inn decked out in a strange metallic armor that while extremly shiny it also seems to shift, and sliver along on its own around the wearers body, and atop his head is a diamond circlet set with a circle of rubies under the highest point of the circlet.
    "Greetings. How much for a good room, and a glass of wine? Elder berry if you have it."
    ((P.S this is a actual elven wine.. costs 30gp a bottle, and is a Dc 12 fort save to avoid intoxication. ()

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

You see a pretty empty bar. A few cloaked men here or there; a table of four gaurds laughing merrily as they drink; a blue-robed half-orc leaning against a wall, with empty bottles and even entire jugs of drinks. This is one of the inns on the bad side of the city. You are currently in the city of Cithilunda. One of the three main Resistance fortresses. The bartender walks to the fire and dumps another two logs onto it. Sparks fly up and the fire gets brighter, but everything is relatively mellow.

.....//.,||..\\......
    ....||..||...||.....
    .....\\.//\\.//......
    ........---..........

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

"'Ello mate. I'm afraid you must have us mistaken for one of the good ol' proffesial bar on th' palace district, nope none of yur elda berra wine, just good ol' fashioned ale."

.....//.,||..\\......
    ....||..||...||.....
    .....\\.//\\.//......
    ........---..........

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

the elf sighs as he realises how much crap he really got into by defecting from the old side, and all this was still here after he had the operation to change his skin to the deep tan of the Woodland elves...

[COLOR="Red"]"well, do you have any dwarven stout then?"COLOR]
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-11-11 at 09:17 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well, I 'ad sum trouble wit a dwarf yesterde, and I chopped 'im up inta little itty bitty peices and put 'im in th' freeza. I could put 'im in a bottle o' ale, if ya want."

.....//.,||..\\......
    ....||..||...||.....
    .....\\.//\\.//......
    ........---..........

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

the elf sighed, and rubbed his head in frustration... A man of noility such as himself should not have to deal with this much stupidity in one sitting,
    "Then just give me whatever you dare to serve to your patrons.. "

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

"Are ye insultin' me cookin'?"
    Last edited by B1ade of Shadow; 2008-11-11 at 09:29 PM.

.....//.,||..\\......
    ....||..||...||.....
    .....\\.//\\.//......
    ........---..........

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

"No, you dolt I'm insulting the general conditions of this entire establishment. Honestly the amount of skull dudgery, and the amount of dedrious caked upon these walls is absolutely revotling."
    ((A$$ hole mode ON!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

"Oh well if you meant it nicely, then come have a seat and I'll get you some ale."

(This guy has no idea what you just said, and is completely clueless to what it meant)

There are no tables open, except a seat at the bar. The guards' table is filled but there is a scruffy human sitting alone at a six person table.
    Last edited by B1ade of Shadow; 2008-11-11 at 09:35 PM.

.....//.,||..\\......
    ....||..||...||.....
    .....\\.//\\.//......
    ........---..........

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Shruging as his complicated insults, and rudeness apprently just earned him a beer he sits down at the amost empty 6 man table after dusting of the seat with his hand.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-11-11 at 09:36 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

(now begins the player roleplaying/backstorysharing/friendship starting/whatever.)

.....//.,||..\\......
    ....||..||...||.....
    .....\\.//\\.//......
    ........---..........

16. - Top - End - #16

Griffon

The mellow human notes the elf sitting down at his table.

You seem to be having a bit of a bad day, friend...

He offers an outstreched, calloused hand.

My name is Dresil, a pleasure to meet you.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

The elf thinks for a second about refusing the hand before shaking the calloused, and odds are flithy hand of the man before him.
    "Pleasure to meet you as well. My name is Markus, but you can call me Mark."

18. - Top - End - #18

Griffon

"Well met, sir Markus." The human says with another soft smile, his skin still radiating a gentle glow. Lovely little city, isn't it? Its been ages since I had a chance to be with so many people. Why may I ask, have you come here? He folds his hands in his lap, strange to see a man with no equipment, even for a peasant.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Comforted by the glwoing Markus calls over a serving of ale for the two of them.
    "So, what brings you to this small resistance town, Dresil? Seems likea odd section of town to be in even if it is a nesscity."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

(Anyone else who comes in, you are greeted in pretty much the same way, and you 'should' have a seat at the only open table and converse with everyone else.)
    Last edited by B1ade of Shadow; 2008-11-11 at 09:58 PM.

.....//.,||..\\......
    ....||..||...||.....
    .....\\.//\\.//......
    ........---..........

21. - Top - End - #21

Griffon

Dresil looks off in the distanc for a moment,then retuns the gaze of the elf. I just wish to do my part in spreading kindness and peace in this world. Father has always said to me, 'A dark wind blows, ever since the beginning of time.' He has taught me that having peace in one's heart is the first step on the road to quelling that dark zephyr. He glances every now and then to those other patrons that seem a bit shady to him.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah, a bit of peotic symbolism we have here. Well, let me counter with this. You speak of qwuelling the darkness within with the purity of light, but tis it vetter to suffer the slings, and arrows of misdeeds; then to carry on against it?"

23. - Top - End - #23

Griffon

Without missing a beat, Dresil responds "Of course. Who will be a champion of good if we do not stand up for it? It is just as the Platinum King teaches, 'A warrior is measured not by the strength in his talons or fangs, but the strength of his heart.'"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

((Roll of Knwoldge (obvious) Dc -10. :-P Have a good mod in this skill anyway... Knwolde monkeys FTW. :D )
    "Ah, a worshipper of Bahamut I see. well, I'm not here to fault a relegion, or to argue about virtues. But, I will give you a peice of advice... A man can fight for justice day, and night, but when all is said and done.. We're all just humanoid."

25. - Top - End - #25

Griffon

Dresil says nothing in reply to that, just leans back in his chair and smiles again.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

((Darned non humanoid outsiders, or shapeshifters ruining my logic. :shakes fist at: Now get off my lawn yah holligans! ))
    The ale arrives, and with a slight twist of his hands after the waitress is long gone it brightens in colour, and flavour by his magicks. (Prestidigation.)

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

The monk dressed in blue looks your way, over-hearing your talks of religion and your strange cup, but quickly looks away and finishes his 23rd cup of ale. The guards do their routine check of the bar, and the monk steps back into the shadows and seems to try to hide in the shadows and the small crowd. He nudges the cups and bottles farther into the corner with his foot. The guards shortly leave and everything is back to normal.

.....//.,||..\\......
    ....||..||...||.....
    .....\\.//\\.//......
    ........---..........

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashan

Ashan had slipped in several hours previously, and sat in a corner nursing a succession of drinks. He wore simple, close-fitting clothes, and his long black hair hung about his shoulders. His hands were gloved, and sharp green eyes watched the proceedings carefully

29. - Top - End - #29
    Firbolg in the Playground

The door to the inn opens slowly, and in slides a younger looking man. He looks very pale, and the only color on his face is the smudges of dirt scattered across it. The hair on his head is as black as coal, and kept back in a pony tail, though strands have found their way out and flow freely down the sides of his face. He also appears unshaven as his chin and upper lip are covered in stubble.

His clothes represent much the same. His armor is dirty, and scratched in places, and his clothes are covered in dirt and look worn, with makeshift patches covering some of this holes in his outfit. He also wears an eye patch over his left eye. The one eye visible is an almond color and is sunken, from apparent lack of sleep.

The only apparent weapon he carries is a shiny black dagger tucked in his belt, which is in stark contrast to the rest of his appearance.

All in all, he appears to fit in well with the overall appearance of the inn.

Trudging over to the bar, the man mutters merely one word, "Food."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

"Alrighty. We're out o' food fer the rest o' th' week, so all I can get ya is t'is chowder" The bartender pulls out a disgusting-looking bowl of slop, and hands it to you. At least it's warm. He also hands you a cup of ale.

.....//.,||..\\......
    ....||..||...||.....
    .....\\.//\\.//......
    ........---..........