New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Hylian Monster Manual (3.5)

Wow. Those player races are awesome. I wish I had a gaming group to try them out now...

I'd really like to give a hand with this. I'm not very good with game balance, but I have OoT (+ Master Quest), MM, LttP and TP (which almost never works ) and large amounts of time on my hands, so I'd be happy to help out with research (read: play Zelda all day.).
    Last edited by Galileo; 2008-11-24 at 03:27 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    It's written up as magical right now, CL and aura and spells required and all. It also doesn't have any ability to pull creatures, it only moves objects. (Just going to assume you're all talking about mine, since it's the only one written up here). If you want to move creatures, I suggest writing up a Switchook, like in one of the oracle of X games for GBC. I think Baleful Transposition is also 2nd level, so the formulaic price would be similar, though the price for a no-save version of that spell would definitely be high, since it has no HD cap and can be used for excessive mayhem.
    I was responding to whoever said it should be non-magical. I know very little Zelda lore, I just know mechanics a bit (Bach. Sci.).

Don't think BAB should give damage bonus with the hammer... just let it make bull-rushes/object pushes as if you were collossal or something...
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    Skulltula:
    Spoiler
    Show

Skulltula
    Large Vermin
    HD 6d8+6 (33 HP)
    Speed 15 ft. (3 squares); climb 20 (4 squares)
    Init: +3
    AC 20 (+3 Dex +8 AC -1 size); touch 12; flat-footed 17
    BAB +4; Grp +9
    Attack slam +9 20/x2 (1d6+7)
    Full-Attack slam +9 20/x2 (1d6+7)
    Space 10ft, (5ft hanging on a strand)
    Reach 5 ft, (10ft hanging on a strand)
    Special Attacks Rush,Web, Whirl
    Special Qualities Darkvision 60ft, Tremorvision 60 ft, Vermin traits, Immune to death effects
    Saves Fort +6 Ref +5 Will +2
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 17, Con 12, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 2
    Skills Climb +16, Hide +10, Spot+7, Move Silently +10
    Feats -
    Environment underground
    Organization Solitary, Colony (2-5)
    Challenge Rating X
    Treasure Standard
    Alignment neutral evil
    Advancement 7-10 (Large)
    Level Adjustment 4
    Some say Skulltulas were once humanoids and have since been cursed by a horrible existence that bears warning to others – other's say it's just a large mean spider with a giant's skull protecting it's thorax. Skulltulas are not as aggressive as they are reputed to be, but are very territorial. For this reason, the creatures themselves seem to seek out territory where few humanoids were meant to travel.
    Skulltulas typically hang from a ceiling and drop down on passerby. A Skulltula usually remains on it's strand (as long as it can), attacking at a distance by swinging it's body or attacking multiply foes that close in with using its Whirl attack. A Skulltula cut from it's strand is vastly weakened, and it occasionally retreats to webbed surfaces when this occurs, despite it's lack of intelligence.
    Rush (Ex): A Skulltula need not make a climb check to charge on a web. When doing so, a Skulltula moves as though it had a base movement +20ft higher and deal an extra +2d6 on their slam attack.
    Web (Ex):Skulltulas often wait in their webs on the wall or ceiling, then lower themselves on silk strands and diving at prey passing beneath (this controlled fall can be treated as a Rush special attack). A single strand is strong enough to support the spider and one creature of the same size. Attempts to cut the string a Skulltula hangs from with reach equal to or less than that of a Skulltula provoke an attack of opportunity. These strands have 12hp and 5 hardness. Skulltulas cannot throw a webs as a net attack.
    Skulltulas often create sheets of sticky webbing about 15 feet square. They usually position these sheets to snare flying creatures but can also try to trap prey on the ground. Approaching creatures must succeed on a DC 20 Spot check to notice a web; otherwise they stumble into it and become entangled and can escape with a DC 13 Escape Artist check, DC 17 Str check, or 12 hp of damage to the web (5 hardness). Attempts to escape or burst the webbing gain a +5 bonus if the trapped creature has something to walk on or grab while pulling free.
    A Skulltula can move across its own web at its climb speed and can pinpoint the location of any creature touching its web.
    Whirl (Ex):As a full-round action, a Skulltula hanging from a thread can make a slam attack against each target within 5 ft. A Skulltula can make a free trip attack against any target that dealt damage by this Whirl attack.
    Tremorsense (Ex):A Skulltula can detect and pinpoint any creature or object within 60 feet in contact with the ground, or within any range in contact with the spider’s webs.
    Skills: A Skulltula has +8 racial bonus to Climb and Hide checks as well as a +4 racial bonus to Spot and Move Silently checks. A Skulltula can always take 10 on climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.
    Gold Skulltulas: Gold Skulltulas are lawful neutral, and have a solid gold skull back. This is worth 5,000gp.
    This is one of the times that VT's CR calculator doesn't work right. I'm gonna take a best guess and say CR 4 or 5. Good job here.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanealien View Post
    I'd really like to give a hand with this. I'm not very good with game balance, but I have OoT (+ Master Quest), MM, LttP and TP (which almost never works ) and large amounts of time on my hands, so I'd be happy to help out with research (read: play Zelda all day.).
    Your input is very welcome! The more help we get, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Don't think BAB should give damage bonus with the hammer... just let it make bull-rushes/object pushes as if you were collossal or something...
    I like this idea.

Note to Self: Stalchildren are very boring and I'll have them up tomorrow.
    I used to do avatars on request, feel free to use them.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by starwoof View Post
    Wait, I'm thinking of the grappling hook from WW. Which was... just a grappling hook.

But anyway, if you're done with the hook/clawshots I can put them up on the first post.
    Go ahead, I think I'm about done with them. Yay, I contributed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    I was responding to whoever said it should be non-magical. I know very little Zelda lore, I just know mechanics a bit (Bach. Sci.).

Yeah, I didn't feel like multiquoting so I just quoted you, sorry to single out. The grappling hook in Wind Waker had to have been even more magical, as starwoof pointed out, but I'm not touching that one. I don't think it matters much, since there are no null-magic areas in any Zelda game that I can remember, so while it's a moot point for him, it can run on magic and work fine.
    Fizban's Tweaks and Brew: Google Drive (PDF), Thread
    A collection of over 200 pages of individually small bans, tweaks, brews, and rule changes, usable piecemeal or nearly altogether, and even some convenient lists. Everything I've done that I'd call done enough to use in one place (plus a number of things I'm working on that aren't quite done, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sheer awesomeness

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by starwoof View Post
    I'm gonna take a best guess and say CR 4 or 5.
    I accidentally put 4 for LA instead of CR. It's nice to be externally verified though
    Homebrew Magic Items you might enjoy:
    Coins Tokens of Fortune
    Extra Spicy Peppers
    Also, its time to think about Yeth Hounds in a whole new way

6. - Top - End - #96

Just to say very nice work. Heck, I may even use some of these right away in my current campaign.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

You know Insane Alien, the only way to make sure it's balanced is to actually have a game. And convienently, the forums have a PbP section. Once we get far enough along we owe it to others to test for balance. Right guys? It would be wrong of us to put it out there without testing it.

I like that idea for the Megaton Hammer. And yet, I like my idea too. Perhaps as a Skull Hammer?

Din's Fire:

Spoiler
    Show

Din's Fire:
    Effect: Din's Fire summons up a globe of fire which expands outwards from the caster, doing 3d6 damage to all targets within 20' of the caster, and lighting any ignitable objects within that distance. Din's Fire does not differentiate between friend and foe, but the caster is unharmed.

I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

8. - Top - End - #98

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    You know Insane Alien, the only way to make sure it's balanced is to actually have a game. And convienently, the forums have a PbP section. Once we get far enough along we owe it to others to test for balance. Right guys? It would be wrong of us to put it out there without testing it.

I like that idea for the Megaton Hammer. And yet, I like my idea too. Perhaps as a Skull Hammer?
    We wouldn't be doing our duty if we didn't.

EDIT: The first post is maxed out! I think we need to find a new system of categorizing. I'm thinking of making a post for each section and turning the first post into a table of contents with links to individual posts. Its either that or a new thread.
    Last edited by starwoof; 2008-11-24 at 09:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

Not exactly Monster Manual material, but...

Gerudo Mirror Shield
    Spoiler
    Show
    Magical Item:

This Heavy Steel Shield is made up of a red-colored steel that has a silver mirror embedded in it, in which a stylized crescent moon design is etched. The Gerudo Mirror shield has the ability to absorb spells and turn them back on the caster.

Any time someone wielding a Gerudo Mirror Shield is targetted by a damaging spell and the spell misses due to the shield bonus provided by the Mirror Shield, a portion of the spells power is absorbed by the shield. THe first time this happens, nothing happens. The next time the wielder is targetted by a spell with the same damage type, the Shield 'absorbs' 1d6 of that type of damage. For each spell past that of the same damage type, the number of d6 goes up 1 (2d6, 3d6, etc) to a maximum number of d6's equal to the wielders Character level. If the shield is hit by a spell that deals a different kind of damage from the first, the proccess starts over at 0 with this new damage type. At any point, instead of adding 1d6, the wielder may choose to discharge the blast at the caster using a ranged attack roll at the wielders highest BaB, dealing the same kind of damage as absorbed. In addition, the MIrror shield perfectly reflects light, "bouncing" any concentrated beams off it's surface in a perfectly controllable way.

I don't know how to price things. A "Termina Mirror shield" that just bounces spells (as per a use of spell turning) is forthcoming.

Also: I support the idea of making Gorons, Zora, Gerudo and some others Player Races, with no LA.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by String View Post
    Not exactly Monster Manual material, but...
    I need to change the name of this thread.
    Gerudo Mirror Shield
    Spoiler
    Show
    Magical Item:

This Heavy Steel Shield is made up of a red-colored steel that has a silver mirror embedded in it, in which a stylized crescent moon design is etched. The Gerudo Mirror shield has the ability to absorb spells and turn them back on the caster.

Any time someone wielding a Gerudo Mirror Shield is targetted by a damaging spell and the spell misses due to the shield bonus provided by the Mirror Shield, a portion of the spells power is absorbed by the shield. THe first time this happens, nothing happens. The next time the wielder is targetted by a spell with the same damage type, the Shield 'absorbs' 1d6 of that type of damage. For each spell past that of the same damage type, the number of d6 goes up 1 (2d6, 3d6, etc) to a maximum number of d6's equal to the wielders Character level. If the shield is hit by a spell that deals a different kind of damage from the first, the proccess starts over at 0 with this new damage type. At any point, instead of adding 1d6, the wielder may choose to discharge the blast at the caster using a ranged attack roll at the wielders highest BaB, dealing the same kind of damage as absorbed. In addition, the MIrror shield perfectly reflects light, "bouncing" any concentrated beams off it's surface in a perfectly controllable way.

I don't know how to price things. A "Termina Mirror shield" that just bounces spells (as per a use of spell turning) is forthcoming.

Also: I support the idea of making Gorons, Zora, Gerudo and some others Player Races, with no LA.
    Yes.

11. - Top - End - #101

Default Re: Hylian Handbook (3.5)

In Complete Arcane, there is a weapon magic enhancement called..."Clout" I think, that would fit for a megaton hammer. A Maul of Clout.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    I like the way you think. Totally wrong of us to just toss it out there without extensive playtesting. A tough, cruel job, but someone's gotta do it.

Since I've got nothing to do, and I really like the Twilit zones, I'll toss this out there.

Spoiler
    Show
    The dark clouds of dusk cover this land... This drape of shadows is called...twilight. In this twilight, those who lived in the light...become as mere spirits...it is a place...where the dark ones and evil creatures dwell...
    Without the power of the Light Spirits to protect Hyrule, the ancient shadow magic of the Twili covered the land. Within this dark miasma, men are but spirits and creatures are transformed into demons.

When first entering the Twilight, characters must make a Will save (DC 20?) to resist becoming a spirit. If they succeed, they instead become a Small, Medium or Large animal. The type of animal tends to reflect their inner self (player's choice, no miniature giant space hamsters). The animal form will remain constant throughout all their subsequent travels in Twilight. If they fail the save and become spirits, they become unaware of the Twilight around them, and cannot see those who have not succumbed to spirit form. They can only leave this cursed existence through the intervention of a Twili or other Twilit creature. Also, it is impossible to exit the Twilight, for beast or spirit, without the aid of a Twili. Non-Humanoids, and Monstrous Humanoids generally considered monsters rather than player races, are given the Twilit subtype.

Moon Pearl
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Moon Pearl is a midnight black spherical gem, unmarred by any imperfection. The bearer of this gem is unaffected by Twilight, and retains their natural shape while within areas on the Material Plane covered in Twilight, and the Twilight Realm. This does not prevent spells and spell-like abilities that affect the bearer's form from working.
    Some kind of transformation protection spell for creation?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The idea for this came from the idea of the Dark World and Twilight Realm being the same place. It makes a lot of sense, really.

By the by, it's InsaneAlien, no space.
    Last edited by Galileo; 2008-11-25 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Back from the supermarket, finishing up here.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

I know it is, but I cannot help myself. It's a habit.

I don't actually mind LA. Though you have to admit, the games are pretty over powered themselves.

What next... Ball and Chain...

Ball and Chain
    2d8 bludgeoning damage, 17-20/x2, 10' reach, but cannot be used for more than a Single Attack or AoO per round. And require's a move action to reel in? Reduces speed to 5' per round while drawn.

Boomerang, TP style
    1d6 slashing damage, ranged weapon, user may designate up to five targets, or one target up to five times, each using the same attack roll and requiring individual attack rolls. Additionally, the boomerang generates a wind that will sweep up items, and return them to the user, as well as dazing any creature hit, except those immune to it's damage.

Spinner
    2d4 piercing damage. User is considered charging, with a move speed equal to the following.

{table=head]Distance|Speed
    1st 10ft | 2x
    2nd 10ft | 1.5x
    3rd 10ft | 1x
    4th 10ft | .5x
    5th 10ft | 1ft[/table]

At the end of the last 50ft, the user drops off the Spinner. A spinner on a track continues running at 2x speed for as long as the spinner remains on the track.

Zora Armor
    Any person wearing the Zora Armor is given the ability to breathe underwater in the same manner as the Zora, as well as given an inherent swim speed of 20'. However the scales of the Zora armor are less resistant to fire and ice than the normal cloth materials of land species. While floating underwater, you may use your clawshots on any valid target.

Gaining the Zora Armor usually requires befriending a member of the species, or performing some important task for them.

Iron Boots
    The Iron Boots are heavy. No, really heavy. Wearing the boots reduces your move speed to 5ft, and makes you too heavy to float. While you may begin to drown you are also able to plant water bombs, and use your sword, shield, and clawshots while standing on the bottom. Combined with the Zora armor you can remain underwater indefinitely.
    Last edited by Triaxx; 2008-11-25 at 11:35 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104

Gerudo:
    [*] +2 Cha, +2 Wis, -2 Int[*] Humanoid[*]Medium: As medium creatures, the Gerudo gain no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.[*]Base land speed is 30 feet.[*]+4 racial bonus to Ride checks. Gerudo are skilled horse riders.[*] Gender: Almost all Gerudo are Female. Any [*]Favored Class: Ranger[*]LA: 0

WIP
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I dunno, I'd say that the gerudo have a bonus to their dexterity from the way they moved and the emphasis on horseback archery in OoT.

I'd say make three subspecies of "humans," the pointy-ears (have more hylian blood, more like elves[?], equivalent to say, the Normans of British history or those with the ability to use the Ancients' technology from Star Gate, maybe are the only ones/receive bonuses to use hylian magical items), the rounded ears (bascially vanilla humans, equivalent to the anglo-saxons, the vast majority of commoners), and the Gerudo (have a curse/enchantment upon their race that male children are either not possible without divine intervention or that male children are not gerudos but instead are whatever the father was and thusly are abandoned or returned[sorry, just a bit fuzzy])

Or make three races for the "pure" descendants of the hylians, the gerudos, and the normies with the ability to interbreed 'normally,' guess it's more of a fluff thing whether they're considered the same species or not.

I'm pretty sure at least that there have been distinctions drawn between the Hylians and the modern humanish residents of hyrule though...

Triaax: Ball and Chain has some kind of shield bonus as well while it's in hand, and offers the ability to do a sort of "Whirlwind" attack by spinning it above the head, though possibly with a 50% miss-chance against medium or smaller creatures due to the angle at which it spins.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2008-11-25 at 01:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

16. - Top - End - #106

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I'd say make three subspecies of "humans," the pointy-ears (have more hylian blood, more like elves[?], equivalent to say, the Normans of British history or those with the ability to use the Ancients' technology from Star Gate, maybe are the only ones/receive bonuses to use hylian magical items)
    Nice metaphor.

I was thinking that Hylians would be something like this:

Hylian
    • Medium: As Medium creatures, humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Hylian base land speed is 30 feet.
    • +1 racial bonus to saving throws instead of the normal human bonus feat.
    • 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
    • +2 to listen checks.
    • Automatic Language: Hylian. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
    • Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass hylian takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.

Bam, Hylians, chosen people of the goddesses. Thoughts?
    Last edited by starwoof; 2008-11-25 at 04:10 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107

Gerudo:
    • Medium: As medium creatures, the Gerudo gain no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Base land speed is 30 feet.
    • +4 racial bonus to Ride checks. Gerudo are skilled horse riders.
    • Bonus Feat: Mounted Combat. The Gerudo are trained to fight from horseback from a young age. The Gerudo must meet the requirements for the feat.
    • Favored Class: Ranger or Warlock

WIP

How bout this? I removed the ability mods, because I couldnt think of anything to balance out the +2 dex other than -2 int, and I felt that even that was stretching.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

Gerudo:

* Medium: As medium creatures, the Gerudo gain no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    * Base land speed is 30 feet.
    * +4 racial bonus to Ride checks. Gerudo are skilled horse riders.
    * Bonus Feat: Mounted Combat. The Gerudo are trained to fight from horseback from a young age. The Gerudo must meet the requirements for the feat.
    * Favored Class: Ranger or Warlock

WIP
    How bout this? I removed the ability mods, because I couldnt think of anything to balance out the +2 dex other than -2 int, and I felt that even that was stretching.
    Yeah they need something. I would go so far as to give them +2 dex right now and call it even.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you, I'd forgotten that.

Ball and Chain
    2d8 bludgeoning damage, 17-20/x2, 10' reach, but cannot be used for more than a Single Attack or AoO per round. And require's a move action to reel in? Reduces speed to 5' per round while drawn. While held between attacks, the Ball and Chain has a 30% chance to deflect arrows, sling stones, or other projectile's launched at it's wielder. While spinning in preparation for an attack, any creature that attacks the user is attacked for 1d8 damage. This attack does not count against the AoO's of the weapon, but creature's of one size category or smaller than the wielder have a 50% chance of being missed by the attack.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

About the Iron Boots, I recall that you sped up a fair bit once you were totally underwater. Perhaps an addendum saying that your speed changes to 20' once completely submerged?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Iron Boots
    The Iron Boots are very heavy. So heavy in fact that on land your speed is reduced to 5ft. Additionally, the boots make you too heavy to float, and you sink to the bottom of the water upon entering. Underwater your move speed improves to 15ft, and you are able to use certain items, such as Water Bombs, Swords and Shields, as well as Clawshots. While wearing the Iron Boots you may drown unless you are also wearing the Zora Armor.

22. - Top - End - #112

On the off chance that someone is slower than 15ft anyways, and to remove confusion about armor penalties etc, I would suggest changing it to read

*snip*
    So heavy in fact that on land your speed is reduced to 5ft. Additionally, the boots make you too heavy to float, and you sink to the bottom of the water upon entering. Underwater your move speed improves to 15ft or your normal move speed whichever is lower, and you are able to use certain items, such as Water Bombs, Swords and Shields, as well as Clawshots.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

I like that.

24. - Top - End - #114

Stalchildren
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stalchild
    Small Undead
    HD: 2d12 (14 hp)
    Init: +6
    Speed: 20 ft, Burrow 5 ft
    AC: 14 (+2 dex, +1 Natural, +1 Size)
    BAB/Grapple: +3/+5
    Attack: Claw +2 (1d6+1)
    Full Attack 2 Claws +2 (1d6+1)
    Face/Reach:5ftx5ft/5ft
    Special Attacks:
    Special Qualities: Undead Traits, Light Vulnerability
    Saves: Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3
    Feats: Improved Initiative
    Skills: Jump +31*, Spot +9, Climb +11, Hide +12
    Abilities: Str 12, Dex 14, Con -, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 10
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Climate/Terrain: Underground
    Organization: Single, Duo, Unit (3-10)
    Challenge Rating: 1
    Treasure: Standard
    Allignment: Usually Neutral Evil
    Advancement: 3-6 (small), 7-11 (medium), 12+ (large)

A gang of child-like skeletons shambles towards you, red fire glowing in their eye sockets.

Stalchildren are vicious undead soldiers that travel in large groups. They can't abide the sun and so stay underground during the day. The exception to this is Terminian Stalchildren, who do not have Light Vulnerability.

Sunlight Vulnerability: Stalfos are immediately destroyed completely when they enter natural sunlight.

I would comment on the items but I just don't feel qualified.
    Last edited by starwoof; 2008-11-27 at 10:44 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

This is all cool stuff. Anyone with any experience with 4e want to give this a try, I know I would, but I'd perfer for it to be more than a one-man job.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

4e? Does anyone actually play that?

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Darknut:

Spoiler
    Show
    Darknut
    Large Monstrous Humanoid
    HD 12d8 (86hp, 50+36)
    Speed 10 ft. (2 squares), Armored; 30 ft (6 Squares), Unarmored
    Init: INITIATIVE
    AC 22; touch 11; flat-footed 10
    (+8 Full Plate, +4 Tower Shield), Armored; 14; touch 14; flat-footed 10, Unarmored
    BAB +13; Grp +8
    Attack Standard attack +13
    (1d10, 20/x2), Armored; Standard attack +13
    (1d8, 19-20/x2), Unarmored
    Full-Attack Full attack +13/+7/+2 (1d10, 20/x2), Armored Full attack +13/+7/+2 (1d8, 19-20/x2), Unarmored
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 10t.
    Special Attacks Throw Blade
    Special Qualities
    Saves Fort +7 Ref +12 Will +7
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 18, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 8, Cha 10
    Skills Tumble, Bluff
    Feats Power Attack, Combat Expertise, Improved Shield Bash, Block Arrows
    Environment Ruins
    Organization Solitary (2 Patrol, 3 Gang, 6 Hammer)
    Challenge Rating CR 16
    Treasure Standard
    Alignment Always Lawful
    Advancement by TYPE
    Level Adjustment +4

Throw Blade (Ex):When a Darknut sheds it's armor, it also sheds it's greatsword, usually by throwing it at it's opponent, and then draws a bastard sword. Darknut Greatswords are destroyed on impact, and are not considered improvised weapons. Darknuts are also considered proficient with their weapons. A reflex save is used to avoid the weapon. Failing the save, the weapon makes a ranged touch attack against the target.

Shed Armor (Ex): Darknuts do not take lethal damage while armored. Once a number of points equal to their HP plus twice their con modifier have been done, the Darknut shed's it's armor, and uses it's Throw Blade ability, typically targetting the closest enemy.

At first appearing to be nothing more than a statue, it comes to life as you approach, wearing heavy armor and wielding an immense two handed sword in a single hand, it advances slowly but surely, much as an avalanche.

You thought it defeated, it's armor falling away in pieces, but suddenly you must jump to the side as it's great blade whips past you, and it stands, again ready to engage in battle. It rushes you almost before you are ready.
    Last edited by Triaxx; 2008-12-02 at 09:05 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118

Now that's a badass Darknut. Wouldnt mind setting a couple of Paladins or fighters against a Hammer of Darknuts.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

Don't you think they should have Improved Shield Bash? It would highlight the fact that they do that, in case anyone unfamiliar with the game used this, and I don't remember being able to get a cheap shot in while they were shield bashing.

How should the Hidden Moves be done? A miniquest to hunt down the Golden Wolf in hard-to-reach places, which gives a bonus ability for training with it? Or a new class, Descendant of the Hero, perhaps, that has the Hidden Moves as abilities?
    Last edited by Galileo; 2008-12-02 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Sudden thought after posting.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

I knew I was forgetting something. I'll add that in. Ever wonder if Link get's a crick in his neck from all these overly large monsters?

Perhaps each character may randomly encounter the wolf during a game? So it's not always the same person, but everyone can learn from it. I mean, Mortal Draw would make an awesome feat, but would require quick draw...

Feat: Mortal Draw

Mortal Draw
    Prereq: Quick Draw, Dex 15, BAB +12
    Effect: You may make an attack against your opponent for x4 damage by becoming flat-footed for one round. The opponent may attack you during this time, but you then immediately counter attack, drawing your sword and attacking in a single motion. The target is considered flat-footed during this attack, but armor and shield AC still applies.
    Normal: You may only attack for normal damage.
    Last edited by Triaxx; 2008-12-02 at 02:46 PM.