New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Playgound misfits, Freefrom game for the GuardITP

"Good thing you told me. I was about to put a round through it!" Gunner Kane commented, before, upon reflection, amending, "Course, that's if I could elevate the gun that high, this isn't a hydra after all."

"You nailed those two gunships pretty nicely." the loader commented. Communications were being carried out by Vox bead, as it was far too loud inside the Russ for anyone to communicate with only their voice. The roar of the engine was already deafening, let alone the periodic thunderclap of the cannon.

"They weren't any good. They had to have been profoundly stupid to come in that low. One was hemmed in by the buildings on the street, that was a really bad move; All I had to do was aim up or down; he couldn't juke."

"Xenos; Firewarriors; 12 o'clock. Coming out of that building down there." Warty reported from the cupola.

"Already dead, just don't know it. Load me up a H-E. Ready to double it." Kane replied, concluding with instructions to the loader.

Armed firewarriors were pouring out of the building, probably a barracks or command post. Swinging the turret into line, Kane fired, putting the shell into the wall, a few feet to the left of the doorway. The shell exploded, blasting the xenos into oblivion, with the luckier ones 'merely' being flung several feet through the air.

"Loaded!" Kane heard in his voxbead, with a loud clang heralding the second shell being slammed home.

"On the way!" Kane replied, swinging the turret a degree, and firing again. This shot hit farther back into building, and exploded again. The xenos architecture was strong, possibly stronger than the elegant arches and spires of Imperial buildings. But not strong enough. A few moments later, the upper stories of the building ended their teetering and collapsed into the street.
    "Simon Ten Broek loves to draw attention;
    Simon Ten Broek spent years in bleak detention;
    Simon Ten Broek, with crimes too vile to mention;
    Simon Ten Broek won't live to see his pension."

10:07 PM [Matthias] And the Kohr-Ah are all "GIT THEM DUKE BOYS!"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hello? This is sentinel unit #070899, requesting repair unit. Immobilized sentinel leg. A xenos got in a good hit on a joint." Mancow heard through his voxcaster as he switched to unit channel and ordered,"Squad 1, on my 6 we're headed to co-ordinates 13,52 to help a sentinel. Marauder squads 1 through 5 are to fly cover for the infantry while thunderbolt squads 2 through 6 are to look for enemy aircraft and engage Targets of Opportunity. All units GO GO GO!"

As he approached the sentinel he and his squad saw a small army of Xenos being taken on by a Russ. Suddenly the area near the Russ exploded into dirt and as the Air Marshal looked up he saw what he could only describe as a Thing. It had the body of a barracuda and a pair of earthshaker cannons mounted underneath it. "Uh, squads, stay away from the artillery's newest toy please 'cause I don't want to loss any men to an accidents. Fly cover for it instead."

He then watched as the Thing flew on toward what revealed itself to be a Tau airfield and prepared to launch a bombardment upon the unfortunate Xenos stationed there. He then watched as fire poured through the air about it from a group of barracudas.

"All thunderbolts to co-ords 14,73! We've got a whole lotta bogies!"

"Sir! Research team Alpha reporting in! We've secured the manta's cockpit and are ready for exfiltration sir!"

"Alpha, launch the manta once the Xenos are all distracted and then get outta there and back to the airfield!"

"Yes Sir!"

He then proceeded to dive into the enemy force and shoot down a bogey with a hellfire missile.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

The kroot were trying to crawl through an exposed storm drain to get closer to his sentinel. Pilot Krahaha gleerfully turned the heavy flamer at the xenos and let forth a blast of flame. Half a dozen kroot were roasted. Unfortunately, there were at least two dozen more. He snapped off a shot with his laspistol before ducking back into the cover of the cockpit. A shot penetrated the armour of the vehicle and hit the side of his seat. That had been dangerously close.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Guardsman Destro ducked past the sentinel, grinning to himself and holding his plasmagun carefully. The last one had blown a hole in the armoury, and he had been lucky to get clear on time. He was even luckier to get a replacement. Plasmaguns weren't easy to come by. Fortunately for him, they always went to the only men crazy enough to carry one, and Guardsman Destro was one such man.

He swung the gun around, aiming at the swarm of kroot. The barrel flashed and three of the bird-like xenos puffed into vapour. Destro chuckled quietly and let the chamber recycle. There were plenty more targets where those came from.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A pair of Kroot lept at Vet Squad 29...
    Or tried to, and were blown to bits by Trooper Knight's careful fire.
    "Easy pickings. Friggin' xenos are too stupid, sometimes."
    Before the stealthsuit Tau squad could get into proper position behind them, he spun and blasted them back, killing one and winging the other two, forcing them to cover.
    "Don't worry bout these boys, sarge, go on and wrap things up in here."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

6. - Top - End - #36

Krahaha leaned out of the cockpit, saying, "Bloody good timing mate." At the same time, he was pressing the holy button to to unload the whole supply of promitheum on the Kroot. He looked over his shoulder at where the blast had went, four kroot were dead. Now there were... Krahaha did the math, only seventeen of the xenos left trying to take the sentinel.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Rhino driver frequently checked the tactical overlay for enemies and followed the Leman Russ at a distance, "Nearly there, Sir! Krahaha doing a great job in keeping the dirty Xenos at bay and the tac-map says there's reinforcements on the way."

"That is good, I do so hate having to perform the Ritual of Purification and the Rite of Purging unnecessarily. Stop as close to the sentinel as possible as..."

"By the Emperor's Giant Foot! What is that Thing?" shouted the driver as a shadow flickered over the Rhino. He glanced at the tac-map and shouted again, "It's got a Misfit ident, Sir! But it looks like a bastardised Tau frame!" The driver raced up to the Sentinel, slewing the vehicle round to protect the occupants from fire as they dismounted.

"It would seem as if the Machine God has blessed the Misfits, would it not?" WychWeird keyed the exit and motioned the servitors out, "Still, who am I but the Machine God's humble servant? I do hope the leather seat is comfortable." WychWeird strode down the ramp, his tabard flapping around his legs. The driver looked a little confused, the TechPriest's face was mostly covered by an impassive mask but he could have sworn by the glint in WychWeird's eyes that he was laughing.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Trooper Moon, along with most of his squad mates, sat near the nearest voxcaster he could find, listening to the carnage going on. In the distance he could hear earthshaker cannons unloading the Emporor's righteous fury on the filthy xenos. How he loved that sound. As long as they were firing away from him, that is.

"Hello? This is sentinel unit #070899, requesting repair unit. Immobilized sentinel leg. A xenos got in a good hit on a joint!"

He said a quick prayer for the soldier in the sentinel, and then said a prayer of his own. Because with his luck, he was sure he'd get orders from up above to advance soon....

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Lt. Chiasaur looked around the Manta's cockpit.

The raid had gone well. Control of a massive Tau gunship, a cargo bay full of valuable technology, and the bulk of the enemy crew none the wiser. Well, they'd figure out soon enough.

"Lock down the cargo bay, and prepare to fly back home. I figure everyone's able to handle..."

He paused. "On the other hand... a little shattering of Xeno morale never hurt."
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

10. - Top - End - #40

"The damage is in the left leg, Tech-Adept." Krahaha aimed at a kroot again, supporting himself on the Sentinel, and blew it's head off.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

"Yep. Wanna watch me blow off that filthy Xenos' left leg?" Guardsman Destro aims his plasmagun at the nearest warrior, and taps the trigger. Not only does this get the aliens left leg, it gets the rest of him and one of his friends as well. "Oops. That was a bit high."

Guardsman Destro laughs. He hasn't had this much fun since that time he got to kill a chaos dreadnought all by himself.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

12. - Top - End - #42

Foe grimaced as he watched the oncoming Barracuda's barrel down on him. Their autocannons were blazing, and all he could see for a few moments were the blazing streaks of their tracers rushing towards him. The Earthshaker under the right wing took a shot at something down on the ground, throwing the Thing out of the path of the oncoming fire in an uncontrolled tumble.

Foe hadn't been expecting it, but by now he had learned how to adjust for when his gunners took things into their own hands. He quickly got the airship righted, already shaking his head to clear the dizziness. He looked up just in time to see a trio of Imperial Thunderbolts come diving out of the blue into the heart of the Barracuda formation, fire streaking out from under their wings. The lead Barracuda exploded in an angry fireball, and as if on cue the others broke up their formation to scatter. The Thunderbolts split up, each taking on their own target.

Foe heeled the Thing over into a sharp turn, unexpectedly bringing him face to face with an oncoming Barracuda. Once more he had the rare privilege of seeing autocannon fire come racing in towards him. There was a loud crack as a round broke through the wind screen, and he felt something blow past his head before the round spent itself in the seat behind him. Foe blinked at the near miss, his hand automatically feeling along the top of his head to make sure that he actually was still alive.

His hand crawled up his forehead to his hat, and the tips of his fingers found a small break in the fabric. Confused, he whipped it off his head and looked down at it. There, almost dead center through the star that marked him as an Officer in the Guard, was a slightly lopsided hole. It took a moment for the fact to register before reality hit him. They had shot his HAT! His mother had sewn his HAT! He had had it as long as he had been in the Guard! (Though the star was a few years younger than the rest of it.) HOW DARE THEY SHOOT HIS HAT!!!

If it was a fight the Barracuda wanted, it was a fight the Thing would give it! He jammed the stick as far as it would go, forcing both aircraft into a dangerous game of Protochicken. "Gunners, fire!" he bellowed.

Below the wings, both Earthshaker Cannons fired in synch. The combined recoil was nearly enough to tear the wings off the Thing, but in a testament to Xeno craftmanship they held. It was, however, enough to pull the Thing into an abbreviated half loop as the hand of physics shoved the craft backwards. Foe accelerated into it, turning it into a full loop just in time to see the effects of their fire.

Earthshaker rounds had not been designed for dogfights. They were, in fact, designed for killing large amounts of infantry in a very short amount of time. To accomplish this, they were designed around an almost even mix of High Explosives and ballbearings. To make sure this exploded on time, it was given a complicated gryoscopic fuse. Built for very long range engagements, they were also given a contact fuse, as in order to get them to their maximum distance, the rounds were often fired at speeds that were just shy of escape velocity.

The unsuspecting Barracuda had actually been well inside point blank range for the Earthshakers. On the ground, the tubes would have had to be at vertical to even attempt a shot at such a close range, and most likely would have killed the firing Basilisk as well. So there wasn't enough time for the gyroscopes to arm even the contact fuses. Instead the two fifty pound rounds simply slammed striaght into and then through the airframe of the Barracuda. It's wings sheared off, and the craft fell into a forward dive as it began its crash. The rounds, still not having detonated, passed through the antigravity wake of the Barracuda's engines, and were given a slight burst of accelerating. This was enough to spin up the gyroscopes, and the fuses armed. Since the nose of each of the shells had been crushed pretty much on impact, they also went off.

The twin Earthshaker rounds exploded just shy of simoultanously, one having hit an extra bolt on the way through. Twenty pounds of ball bearings, ten pounds per shell, burst into a sphere of destruction, engulfing the rear of the falling Barracuda.

BOOM.
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

WychWeird nodded to Krahaha and arranged his servitors in the correct arrangement for the Lay of Field Repair and caused them to start the hymn. As the humming, whirring and clanking commenced he strode to the sentinel and examined the leg, opening a small port and jacking into the sentinel's systems directly.

As the TechPriest started work, the Voxitor relayed a message to the surrounding Misfits, "#Diagnosis begun, triage assessment imminent.#"

The Enginseer lovingly caressed the sentinel's leg as he caused various pumps and valves to reconfigure to minimise the hydraulic loss. He looked to a sentinel which moved closer, deploying an armoured pipeline which he coupled to a hydraulic point in the port. "May the Machine God's life flow swiftly in your veins," He prayed as the servitor started the transfusion. WychWeird bent closer to the knee joint and examined the damage caused by the xeno shooting.

"#Do not move or attempt to move the sentinel at this time.#" The Voxitor's mechanical voice broadcast, "Triage assessment confirms that sentinel may be restored to glory providing recovery to workshop is initiated.#"

Across the open ground, one of the remaining Tau ran towards the sentinel, gun firing wildly, his intention to stop the Misfits and end their need to defend the vehicle. He dropped to one knee and fired his rail-gun at the repair crew, hitting a sentinel square in the chest.

"#Update: required materials have been made available for field repairs.#"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Firbolg in the Playground

Commander Cabal leaped from the Chimera as it skidded to a halt next to a line of heavy infantry.

"Lets go boys! Give em heck and all that! We might be getting new toys! FOR THE EMPEROR!
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

15. - Top - End - #45

BardGuy

As looked upon the carnage of the battlefield, Commisar let loose a blood thirsty grin. They were about to take the Tau's gear, and drive them from the battle. as he walked over the corpses of his fallen enemies, he took out his walkie talkie, and exclaimed into so he could be heard over the carnage of war, "I got a Baraccuda a click ahead of my. I need three basalics to rain down some death on it so we can open up a strategic hole for the tank corps. Rain hell!"
    Founder of the Playgound Misfits, The Imperial Guard Reigment in the Playground
    Commisar Baxter, Local Morale Officer, of the Playground Misfits

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter190 View Post
    As looked upon the carnage of the battlefield, Commisar let loose a blood thirsty grin. They were about to take the Tau's gear, and drive them from the battle. as he walked over the corpses of his fallen enemies, he took out his walkie talkie, and exclaimed into so he could be heard over the carnage of war, "I got a Baraccuda a click ahead of my. I need three basalics to rain down some death on it so we can open up a strategic hole for the tank corps. Rain hell!"
    "Sorry Commissar, no can do. They're busy. You'll have to be satisfied with a Manta."

Lt. Chiasaur knew he'd all but signed his death warrant by mouthing off to the commissar, but he really hoped it'd be ignored what with saving the guy's life and all. Somehow, he doubted it.

Well, no guts, no glory.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I got a Baraccuda a click ahead of my. I need three basalics to rain down some death on it so we can open up a strategic hole for the tank corps. Rain hell!"

Air Marshal Mancow unleashed his autocannons into an orca that was attempting to escape the Emperor's holy wrath and sent it back to the planet surface in a fiery ball of flame. He quickly jumped on his Vox-caster and exclaimed,"Commisar Baxter! Commander Cabal! Permission to test the newest addition to fleet rather than use the artillery, Sir!" He would wait for an answer but in the meantime.

"This is Mancow to Starbase Annihilator, calibrate weapons and target fleeing Xeno but be prepared to provide support for ground forces."

"Yes sir!"came the reply.

Mancow smiled, he would prove to his brother Azrael that the Starbase Annihilator would beat The Rock any day of the the Emperor's most holy week.

18. - Top - End - #48

BardGuy

"I don't care how they're killed, as long as their Xeno arses die!" The Commissar replied, hopiong to take the barracuda soon. They tank had three platoons pinned down, alreayd having taken out two. Not willing to let morale fall, but not willing to risk any more lives in a charge, he exclaimed, "Prepar for the end of the Xenos! for soon the Emperor shall rain death upon our enemies!"

19. - Top - End - #49

Foe frowned as the report came in over the vox-comms. A Barracuda tank? Were the filthy Xenos stealing a play from the Misfits handbook and modifiying their own combat units to fly? Damn them and their filthy ways!

"All Basilisks, task fire to the Commissar. Permission to deploy special rounds in support of the Commissar. Fire high, fire freeeee!"

-------

Firewarrior T'kle T'kle was having a bad day. The arrogant humans had stolen a move from the Ethereals and had snuck an army to the negotiations! They were not meant to be so tricky! It would just be that the Firewarriors would have to exact suitable punishment in the name of the Greater Good. Ahead, T'kle T'kle could see a small unit of the humans pinned down by fire. One in the center of the group was waving his arms about, yelling something in their bizzare language. If that was not enough to convince T'kle T'kle that he was a commanding officer, then the very large and ornate hat was a dead giveaway. He raised his rifle to his shoulder, preparing to cut the head off of the human snakes.

Before he could pull the trigger, an easily recognizable whistle pierced the air. "Incoming artillery!" he yelled, throwing himself flat as the earth around him shook and exploded as Earthshaker rounds landed all around. After a few seconds the whistling and booming stopped, and he cautiously rose to one knee.The barrage was walking away, towards the human unit, apparently arranging for very close support fire. Did the humans not like their commander?

There was a thump as something heavy smacked into the dirt beside him. Curious, he leaned over and picked up the thick, leather bound tome that had mysteriously appeared in the dirt beside him. He was not familiar with the Gothic alphabet, and so could not read the title, "TAU-GOTHIC TRANSLATION DICTIONARY DA-DE" that as emblazoned in golden letters across the front. He had just enough time to wonder, 'What is this?' when the next one slammed into the side of his helmet, snapping his neck and killing him instantly.
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

20. - Top - End - #50

Krahaha jumped out of the cockpit of the sentinel. He was itching for burning some xenos. "Do we have any kind of flamer or heavy flamer around? I don't know how much time the tech-priest will use repairing my sentinel, so..."

21. - Top - End - #51

BardGuy

"Yes," said Baxter with a smile, seeing the barracuda being otrn apart by the incoming....dictionaries? Quickly looking through his binoculars, and saw that the dictionaries that were from Baxter's own library, so he could curse out xenos in their own language, were being used to shoot the enemy. Not sure whether to be happy they were being put to good use, or angry that his library had been raided, he called out to his driver, "Dervag, get the chimera ead,y we're going to move in!"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

The Russ continued to spray hot death into the xeno forces, the barrels of the sponson bolters were glowing red, and everyone in the fighting compartments was covered in unburned propellant dust as the main gun fired again and again and again. Things were, Commander Goblin thought as the tank ran over another fleeing Fire Warrior with a characteristic 'klunk' as the armored body passed under the treads and was crushed, going quite well.

Commander Goblin peered out the vision block, searching for the next group of alien scum in need of purging, when something heavy and apparently leatherbound struck the turret, blocking his vision. He had a brief sight of the words Gothic to Tau Dictionary: Danger through Destruction stenciled on the cover in ornate gothic gold lettering.

"Uh Sir?" the incredulous voice of the driver said over the vox, "it appears to be, um, raining books."

Commander Goblin sighed. "Somebody is going to have to have a word with the arty line again. I thought after the incendiary chainsaw cowbell puppy incident they were done with the 'experimental' ammunition."

He paused, "Well carry on, and keep an eye out for the Chainmail Bikini through Combat Thong volume, I'm missing that one."
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

WychWeird turned to the downed servitor and reached down to it with an air of respect, "You realise now that the flesh is weak and that the Machine is strong. Know that whilst your mortal life ends your eternal life continues as the machine part of you continues in another shell. You have been blessed." Using a vibroknife, WychWeird cut back the flesh from the ruined chest and began to remove a myriad of mechanical contrivances.

"Do we have any kind of flamer or heavy flamer around? I don't know how much time the tech-priest will use repairing my sentinel, so..." A sentinel cut him off and offered an unusual, bulbous looking device.

The Voxitor spoke out, "#There is no requirement for plasma refills at this time, this plasma recharge unit will provide a flamer type effect. This unit will dispense for thirty seconds before it is expended. An analogue display will indicate remaining fuel.#"
    Last edited by WychWeird; 2008-11-16 at 03:57 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Commander Cabal leaped from the Chimera as it skidded to a halt next to a line of heavy infantry.

"Lets go boys! Give em heck and all that! We might be getting new toys! FOR THE EMPEROR!
    Hefting his hellgun, Sgt. King led his squad of heavy infantry forward. Far ahead,the xeno Barracuda continued to rip apart Imperial Forces. Shuddering, he continued onward, hoping today wou-THUD-Dictionaries? All around him, the heavy books continued to rain.What would those in artillery do next?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Krrth

Finally, I've gotten most of the books to balance. Now, where in the Emperors Grace did those boxes of Dictionaries go? I swear, more things go missing around here...
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The 29th vets were tearing through the armory like... well like an elite squad moving with a precision that reminded the onlooker more of tyrannid hive-mind controlled drones then free willed humans through green, unprepared and unmobilized troops. As xeno scum after xeno scum was blasted and/or chainsawed into oblivion by the vets, Sgt Thorgrim spotted a few unarmored Tau rushing into a side room. He signaled his squad to stop for a moment as he followed them and saw with interest that they were activating what seemed like a city-wide com system, and he grinned as he mowed them down with two quick chainsword strikes. There even was a window there, and he could see a few buildings were ablaze, including, he hoped, the barracks were he had sent the rookies. He cleared the blood off the dials and spoke into what seemed to be the microphone after turning all the dials to the max, figuring the volume was bound to be one of them.

-Attention xeno scum, you frakking sons of cheap whores and mangy animals. This is Sgt. Thorgrim of the Playground Misfits speaking, and I hereby claim this rock as the property of The Glorious and most Holy Imperium of Mankind and it,s benevolent God Emperor. We have taken control of, or destroyed, most key buildings in your pathetic little village. Surrender now, and there is a slight possibility that you might be spared to toil in the service of the Emperor, continue fighting and die. As you can see, even now our forces are routing yours and this very town is being pummeled by precision

"a book missile crashed through the roof and landed near him"

-er... by precision books. Any imperials in the city regroup at the armory. Peace out, and, what is it the tau say.... oh yes, for the Greater Good, our's.

He laughed evilly, slagged the console, and resumed leading his squad while wondering why the warp the basilisks were shooting books.
    Last edited by thorgrim29; 2008-11-17 at 12:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zenos View Post
    Krahaha jumped out of the cockpit of the sentinel. He was itching for burning some xenos. "Do we have any kind of flamer or heavy flamer around? I don't know how much time the tech-priest will use repairing my sentinel, so..."
    "Haven't the foggiest", replied Guardsman Destro, liquefying another pair of kroot with the plasmagun as he spoke. "Ask Krrth, or loot a kroot." He chuckles at the rhyme and raises the gun again. "I think I missed one earlier. His stuff probably hasn't melted yet."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

A crackling noise came over Mancow's Vox-caster,"Sir! Starbase has detected a large force of Xeno scum assembling at a 3.5km mountain fortress 50 klicks to the West. Analysis predicts a force in excess of 60,000 warriors and kroot as well as extensive air cover from barracudas. Sensors detect 2 manta drop ships in the same vicinity. Sir, you ought to know that they're still on the ground."

"Damn!" exclaimed Mancow. He'd been thinking about ordering a lance strike until they'd told him about the 2 mantas on the ground. He didn't know how he'd explain his action if he'd blown 2 perfectly serviceable mantas sky high.

"Commisar Baxter, theres a major force 50 km to the West as well as 2 mantas. Do I order a Lance strike."

"Starbase, prepare the lances but be sure unleash the rest of the Luftwaffe as well."

He needed to get on the ground so he could confer with Baxter, Cabal and Goblin more easily so he readied his thunderbolt for landing and ordered his personal chimera and defense squads dropped in from the Starbase.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Meanwhile, back at the reserve force, Moon heard the door slam to the command room. he looked over and saw his commanding officer, Sgt. Somebody, running out ready for battle.

"Okay men!" He yelled. "Its our turn! double time, lets go! lets go show these Xenos how a real man fights!"

With a resounding roar, his squad formed up and marched down the road, eager for battle. One of the newer squadmates bent over and picked up something in the road.

"Whats this?" he asked. "Dictionary Da-De?"

"Maybe its part of the negotiation." Sgt. Somebody chuckled.

Suddenly the book, along with the man holding it, melted away in a ball of plasma. out of the forest came a force of no less than 30 fire warriors, with many more using the forest as cover to open up on the unsuspecting squad.

"Almighty God Emperor! Its a fething Ambush! Requesting help Immediately!" Sgt. Somebody yelled into the vox, just before a shot clipped him in the leg, taking him down hard.

All around, the rookies and newbs struggled to get shots off. they had no organization, no discipline, and they were going to get them all killed. A few even looked like they were about to desert right there. Illiya sighed. if he survived this battle, he was going to put in for a transfer to a more competent squad. He turned to Petroz.

"Lets get them toasty!"

With that, he shot a jet of flame into the woods, catching trees and Xenos alike in the inferno.
    Last edited by Moonlitrebel; 2008-11-17 at 02:01 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Tank Comm Verrukt cursed and slammed down the hatch as soon as the stricken Sentinel's pleas had kicked off the fire fight. His Marcharius languished aboard the Misfits orbital transport, its blessed megabolters considered to overt for these kind of negotiations. Instead he sat between the rows of fist sized autocannon shells of the regiment's exterminator pattern Russ. It was a firepower downgrade to be sure but she could spew plenty of xeno death if he wanted her to. His CO Goblin peeled off towards th co-ords of the sentinel, leaving Verrukt to hold the road against anything the flat-faces might try to throw at him. With a Russ on his left and a Russ on his right he made an executive decision.

"Retribution and Lamentation, take up positions to my 8 and 4 o'clock respectively, overlap sponson's fields of fire. We hold this road until the regiment comes through or Goblin says otherwise!"

The other two tanks ground the dust as they churned around and into position. Sponsons swiveled in search of targets. Then a Crisis Suit burst through the trees and sent a torrent of blue ricocheting off the front of the executioner. The Russ' gunner shouted into his bead "Target, tracking..."
    "Send 'em!" The tank shook as four rounds thumped out and messily dismembered the accursedly nimble Tau mockery of a dreadnought.
    "Reloading!" New sets of cannon shells slammed into place, the turret tracked back. Then two more Crisis suits shot out above tree level. The left sponson gunner winged one of them and the other was struck by what Verrukt could have sworn was a... Dictionary? The horde of fire warriors that followed them was more off a cause for concern.

Verrukt looked out through his vision blocks and smiled "Weapons Free."
    Last edited by Verruckt; 2008-11-17 at 03:10 PM.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia