New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Playgound misfits, Freefrom game for the GuardITP

"Well then, more Xeno blood to be spilt for the emporer," said the Commisar, ready for action against the new Tau forces. Turing to his troops, he said, "We got a new target 50 km to the west, we're going to meet up with some russes, and go tear them apart." Then, addressing Mancow through his vox, the commissar told him. We'll need tome covering fire, layer the raod in front of us in bombs with a safe distance from us. Try some precision strikes on the enemy, but leave the Manta's to us. I'll get some Russes to try to disable them so we "requsition" their parts." with that said, he got in his chimera piloted by Dervag, and with the rest of his unit and men, moved out. Soon enough, he came across some Lemun Russes near a forest, and had his men open fire on the fire caste Xeno's. After killing them all, he told the Pilot of the middle tank to come with him, and to keep an eye out for any Tau.
    Founder of the Playgound Misfits, The Imperial Guard Reigment in the Playground
    Commisar Baxter, Local Morale Officer, of the Playground Misfits

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Verrukt spied the Commissar leading up the guard column that had handily flanked the fire warriors and popped his hatch. "Tanks Retribution, Lamentation and His Furious Reign ready to supplement your firepower sir, tell us where you need us." he looked down and saw for the first time that a dictionary had become lodged twixt the Exterminator's twin cannons and wrenched it out with a *pop*. "You wouldn't happen to be missing Damnation through Defiler sir?"
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Trooper Moon grimaced as he used his flamer to light another cursed Xenos on fire. He knew he was running out of Promethium, and he didn't fancy using his laspistol against these Abominations. Suddenly, one Tau came running out of the forest, charging at him. Petroz felled him with a shot to the head.

"thank you..." he mumbled, looking around. more than half his squad was down, including Sgt. Somebody, who was knocked out cold by the vox set. Trooper Moon scrambled over to it.

" Requesting assistance! For God's sake! Sgt Somebody is down, and we have an unknown amount of Xenos assaulting our position! We're by the reinforcement zone! Look for the burning forest! Hurry!"

Praying someone was paying attention, Trooper Moon picked up his flamer and continued burning the Xenos scum.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

"We'll need tome covering fire, layer the road in front of us in bombs with a safe distance from us. Try some precision strikes on the enemy, but leave the Manta's to us. I'll get some Russes to try to disable them so we "requisition" their parts."

"Requesting assistance! For God's sake! Sgt Somebody is down, and we have an unknown amount of Xenos assaulting our position! We're by the reinforcement zone! Look for the burning forest! Hurry!"

Mancow reacted instantly as the requests came in over the vox. He jumped on his vox and ordered, "I want all thunderbolts to clear out any remaining Xeno fliers and then provide support for Baxter to the West. Same with all the Marauders except for squad four who are to go and support the Guard Platoon who's pinned down near the reinforcement point."

He then landed and transferred into a Valkyrie to assist in the ground fighting using the mighty gunship.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

"Mined road coming up, sir." said the statistician to Lord Mancow.

The chief statistician in his Valkyrie got out his calculator. His mook looked up. "When do we shoot?"

"Well," said the statistician, "we are moving at three hundred miles an hour and are 100 feet above the road. We want to hit what is 5000 feet in fron of us."

"But when do we shoot?" said the mook, who had failed the compulsory IG trig classes.

"When we shoot, our bombs will go forward at 300mi/h.

=(1780*300)yd/h
    =534000yd/h
    =1602000 ft/h
    =26700 ft/min
    =445 ft/s

Our bombs have parachutes, and go down at 15ft per second.
    100/15=6 2/3 seconds to get down.

In 6 2/3 seconds, at 445 ft/second they will go

20/3 *445=2966 2/3m

So we need to go 5000-2966 2/3m forward before we drop the bombs.

5000-2966 2/3=2033 1/3m

At 445 ft/s

(2033 1/3)/445=4.57 (2dp)

So we need to wait 4.57 seconds before we drop the bombs."

"Um, sir, we passed the road three minutes ago."

The statistician/mathematician sighed. "Damn."

The mook butted in. "But it was very impressive maths. And how exactly do you pronounce ^ ?"

No-one said, "Anything."

The mook said, "Okay, lets turn around."
    Last edited by xanaphia; 2008-11-18 at 02:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrmud View Post
    xanaphia has gained: A Metal Head's approval!
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

6. - Top - End - #66

Krahaha ran up to a chimera, hitching hold of the side and crawling up on the turret, his newly acquired weapon ready to burn the xenos as soon as he was within reach. The chimera sped along, towards the forest edges.

7. - Top - End - #67

BardGuy

"No, I'm fi-" the commissar began, when for some reason, a dictionary plopped tiself directly in his hands. looking donw at it, he raid the cover, "Chainmail bikini-Combat thong", with a rather graphic cover illistration. Blushing for a a second, he rather slyly, at least to himself, hid the book in his great coat for latter, and said, "Anyways....we've got a Tau force about 50 km to the west. The air force should take out the ground troops, but we need your tanks to disable the mantas. Don't destroy them if you can though. we may want to....requisition them after the battle." Finishing the last sentance with a wink, he heard over his vox that sgt. Somebody was down. Scared for the life of his men, the Commissar said, "But first, somebody else needs our help!" Getting into his own chimera, the tanks and his guardsmen road off to battle, arriving in a few minutes, and cleared out the Tau that were attackign his fellow soldiers.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Firbolg in the Playground

Commander Cabal's chimera came skidding to a halt at the front lines, leaping out and unloading his hell pistol into a group of Fire Warriors.

"Give em hell boys! Get the launchers ready! Give em support! Don't let em break though!"

Commander Cabal then threw his spent pistol to the ground, picking up one of the xeno's rifles.

"Look what we got here boys! For toys!"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Commander Goblin stared with satisfaction through the vision block at the mounds of Tau bodies choking the square. There was still ongoing fighting, with Tau forces holed up in buildings, but the overall tide was firmly in the favor of the Emperor's servants. That was good, he, and the armored might of his Russ, was needed elsewhere. Worse yet, they were running seriously short of ammunition

"Driver!" he barked down into the front of the fighting compartment, interrupting the happy humming coming from the man as he ran yet another Tau down with a satisfying 'squelch.' "How long will it take to get back to the dropship for resupply?"

"tum-te-Tau-te-splat-te-humm, what's that sir? Oh, I'd say about five minutes full speed. Four if we don't stop for buildings and such like."

"You a fan of xeno architecture?" Goblin growled, "just drive, and don't worry about mussing up their flower gardens on the way."

As the tank lurched forward and smashed through the wall of a xeno house, scattering and smashing alien knickknacks and boxed editions of Survivor: Tau Edition left and right in a glorious paean not only to the Emperor's Righteousness, but also to good taste in general, Commander Goblin switched channels on the vox.

"Commissar Baxter? I'm moving to your position ASAP. We just need to swing back to the dropship to retrieve fresh munitions. We won't do you much good if we show up on empty mags now will we?"
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

10. - Top - End - #70

BardGuy

"No, I don't think that would do anyone any good," said the commissar with a laugh over his vox. As he looked around the surrounding carnage, he said, "Pick up some Missle Launchers if you can, and get me my powerfist. My chainswords getting a little worn, and we have to take down some manta's."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

The flamer sputtered, and with a horrible groan stopped firing. Trooper Moon knew in an instant, he was out of fuel. he exclaimed some colorful words that would have had him locked in solitary for a week if Commissar Baxter heard him. he pulled out his pistol. it was a decorative pistol, taken long ago from an imperial governor who had no use for it in the afterlife. he set his sight on a tau and aimed carefully....

... before he could shoot, the tau was torn apart from a barrage of las shots. Moon took a look at where the shots had came from, and smiled.

the fething calvary had arrived.

The commissar himself was leading the charge to wipe out the xenos scum and save the few still alive. Aircraft screamed overhead, making sure none escaped.

Moon looked around. There weren't many of his squad mates left, not at all. Medics tended to Sgt. Somebody, how was unconscious from blood loss. He also saw Petroz, and a handful of others. One of them he recognized as the youth who had harrassed him earlier. He was kneeling down, his face buried in his hands. Moon walked over.

" So you made it." he stated. the youth looked up. he didn't say anything. He just stared.

"got your fill of xenos yet?" he asked. the trooper looked like he was about to cry.

"Yessir..." the lad stated. Then he promptly threw up.

Moon chucked, and lit up a lho stick. Yes, he really really needed a transfer.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A small squad of Tau Fire Warriors, accompanied by a single Crisis suit, were quietly making their way to the position of the newly-arrived Commissar and Trooper Moon.
    What the Tau didn't know is that they were being followed. By the veteran Squad 29. The rookies had hooked up with the main force, but Trooper Knight had seen this xeno group and had insisted to the Sergeant that they follow. One of his gut feelings, you see.
    Just as the xenos were taking aim, Knight lept up onto the back of the Crisis, jammed his hellgun into the gap between helmet and torso, and held down the trigger. A most gratifying result, and maybe their tech boys could have fun with it...once they clean it out.
    He quickly lept off the falling corpse, making a couple of snap shots in the air, and landed in a crouch, plastering a Fire Warrior right in front of him, as the rest were quickly downed by Squad 29.
    Once they finished, they jogged over to the Commissar and others, and saluted.
    "Ready for orders, Commissar."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

13. - Top - End - #73

Krahaha jumped of the chimera as it sped by an old bunker entrance. He walked up to the door, shot the hinges off with continoual blasting from his laspistol, and walked in, plasma flamer ready.

Something charged at him from the darkness, he shoved the barrel of the weapon at it's belly and fired. He looked at in wonder and love as the kroot's guts turned to so much goo.
    Last edited by Zenos; 2008-11-19 at 03:02 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Verrukt paused giving positioning orders to the other two Russ' to pop onto the intra-tank vox channel. "Goblin Sir, request that you bring a pair of resupply Chimeras with you to the muster point. Lamentations commander expended all of his AP rounds on a Tigershark that wouldn't sit still and I've only got 20 autocannon shells left. The troops could use a few more power packs and flamer fuel as well I'm sure." He levered his torso up through the hatch of the tank and looked out at the troops. The ones they'd moved to rescue had been hit pretty hard, rookies all most likely. He decided to lift their spirits as best he knew how, he squared his dashing Tank Comm hat on his head and pulled up his chainsword and Megavox out of the turret basket. He brandished the blade over his head and gave it a couple revs to get their attention. He hefted the vox to his lips "Fellow men of the Guard, let us remember the words of Lord Solar Marcharius, who spoke at the inception of our most holy forces 'What I cannot crush with words, I will crush with The Tanks of the IMPERIAL GUARD!' so follow our guns to honor and glory. For the Colonel, For the Commissar, For The Emperor!"
    Last edited by Verruckt; 2008-11-19 at 09:22 PM.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75

"For the burn!"
    Krahaha shouted in joy whilst spewing plasma fire up the corridor, melting kroot and a few tau fire warriors. The fire warriors got their trial by fire now. And they were found wanting... He laughed some more.
    Last edited by Zenos; 2008-11-19 at 03:38 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Chiasaur smiled.

The Xenos were, for the most part, on the run, casualties looked well within what even the Tanith 1st and Only would call acceptable, and the tech on the Mantas alone would keep the techs busy for months.

Frankly, if this sort of mission was the norm, rather than the exception, it was a wonder the Tau weren't either a protected species or extinct.

Well, no use complaining over life's little gifts.

"Sir, another one won't surrender."

"Just load him in the cannon. Now, what are we betting a Tau can be used to down a Piranah, if shot with sufficient force?"
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

17. - Top - End - #77

"Tihs feels like shooting tau in a barrel," Krahaha murmured to himself. He was shooting at some tau fire warriors stuck in a maintaineance shaft.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

"Lucky. Your tau get to be in a barrel. My tau are in a half-melted tin can that used to be a tank." Destro joined Krahaha at the mouth of the shaft. "At least, I think it was a tank."
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

19. - Top - End - #79

Krahaha stepped onto the edge of the shaft and shouted, "For the emperors flames!" Thenhe leapt in, shorching the interior on his way down. He landed, rolling with the impact to lessen the damage. Then he got up and looked around. No-one there. "Clear!" he shouted as he ran into a side tunnel.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

When Knight spotted the xeno preparing to ambush the command squad, Sargent Thorgrim pondered the course to take. He could go help with his whole force of course, but that would mean leaving the building and its stockpile of shiny toys. In the end, he decided to send his squad and stay here with the recruits. He motioned Knight nearer and whispered:

-Ok, go in with the 29nt, I'll stay here with the rookies, provide morale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mancow watched with pleasure as the thunderbolts and marauders of the Luftwaffe dropped from space and smashed the defending Xeno aircraft before moving on to the ground troops. It was obvious to his experienced eye that they had caught the Xeno's unawares. He then pushed his Valkyrie forward to join the line of gunships that were advancing in hover mode on the Tau as he taunted Goblin,"Looks like you'll be missing out on the fun!"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

The chief statistician of the Misfits had a very strange next few minutes.

To start with, he had been looking up Luftwaffe in a German dictionary while he should have been directing his Valkyrie. This resulted in him getting boarded by Kroot, flying fast enough in their strange aircraft to board a full on plane. His crew killed them all, with only one casualty.

Then he spotted an Ethereal on the ground, carrying a white flag. The Chief Mathematician of the Imperial Guard Playground Misfits decided to talk to this xenos, hoping that no-one would spot him.

He parachuted out of the Valkyrie, shouting "Pro Mente et Libis!", after telling his mooks to fly around at their own whims for a few minutes.

He landed near the Ethereal. The Ethereal smiled.

"Hello," he said.

"Hello," the Chief Mathematician of the Imperial Guard Playground Misfits replied. "What is your name?"

"Aun'la S'tranj. In my language it means Ethereal Who Displays Positive Deviation From The Norm."

"What's 56 plus 45?" enquired the Mathematican.

The ethereal shook his head to concentrate.

"Anooo, 101. Why?"

"I need a second in command. You seem smart enough. Will you take the post?"

"The alternative?"

"Death."

"Okay then."

The commander took the Ethereal back up to his ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrmud View Post
    xanaphia has gained: A Metal Head's approval!
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

"Next!"

Lt Chiasaur was having fun. Tau were,in fact, effective anti-vehicle ammunition. In fact, the troops had started making the surrender terms better. Somehow, the defiance made it even better.

"And in addition to a trial by a jury of your peers where you will be presumed (snickering) innoc bwahahaha! sorry, sorry. Innocent, you will be given an opportunity to work off your crimes as well as protection for the men, or, more accurately, the xeno scum under your..."

"I accept"

"Okay, load him... wait. What?"

This was awkward. The Lt liked to think of himself as a fair man. He liked to think he kept his word when there was any real chance of it. But this sort of thing was just not done. Oh well.

"You know, we could use more cannon fodder. You, Jenkins, in the back. Write up recruitment papers for some poor refugees with a skin condition. They can be deployed next time we land. Put them in the rec lounge and fill them in."

Chiasaur motioned the Xeno scum out. This sort of thing was going to be very hard to explain to the commander, let alone the Commissar.

"Send more in."

"Haven't you recruited enough heretics today?"

"Yes. And frankly, I need to do a lot of ammo testing to make up for it. Do you think Air Castes shoot further than earth?"

"Only one way to find out."
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

*Listening in to the vox chatter, Krrth groaned*

Now I've gotta gget out the archives....now where did I put...ok, there it is! I never thought I'd use them, but...

*Pulls out Form 132-b23...Recruitment of Abhumans, and form 847362-Q, attestation by a commisar or inquistor that the subject is indeed an Abhuman, not some filthy Xeno scum.*
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

25. - Top - End - #85

Verrukt and the rest of the tanks arrived at the head of the infantry columns as they stormed Manta landing grounds. Only to find that at least one manta was already locked down and out of commission. There were periodic dull *fumps* followed by what appeared to be flying fire warriors flailing through the air that came from the bow of one of the massive craft. It was only then that he noticed the smoking hulls of several Tau skimmers with great splats of blue leaking around the holes in their armor... What is the Emperor's name had the rest of the regiment been getting up to?
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86

*About five minutes previously...*

Foe had been circling the airfield for several moments, wondering what the best way to handle the situation was. The air was for the moment clear of enemy aircraft, thanks to the reinforcements Mancow had sent on ahead. He just wasn't sure what to do with his guns. The explosions were generally too big to be used around the Mantas, as he was fairly sure the Commissar wanted some intact for "study". Not to mention it was getting hard to tell who was who down there with all the gunfighting and smaller explosions.

"Sir, we have a problem," the starboard gunner reported. "The barrel is stuck in open. I can't seal her to fire."

"Well, that's not good," Foe replied. "If you can't fire the guns, what's the point? We might as well just be dropping the shells on them at that point."

"Ok." There was a slight lurch, as if the load had become rather suddenly unbalance on the starboard side. Foe winced, and counted to five.

"What did you just do?"

"Well, you said to just drop it, sir..."

--------------

Down on the ground a group of Tau skimmers was defiantely trying to hold off the oncoming Imperials, when the falling shell slammed into the middle of their formation, squashing one of the drivers as pit passed through the ship. There it encountered the remains of the antigravity field employed by the hovercraft. Its gyros spun up suddenly...

BOOM
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

The TechPriest paused to listen to the sounds of the fight moving away and bent back to the task at hand, repairing the various linkages with the recovered parts of the servitor.

Servitor Zeta42, your sacrifice will be remembered, He thought as he worked, This repair should be completed shortly and then it's the Litany of Commissioning.

"#Estimated time to completion: 15 minutes#" The Voxitor broadcast to Guardsmen in the area. "#All praise to the Machine Spirit.#"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Guardsman Destro was still trying to decide whether or not he wanted to jump down the shaft when he heard a noise behind him. He turned around, and was more than a little surprised to be staring down the barrel of a kroot rifle.

"Huh. Musta missed one." The guardsman shrugged, noticing as he did so that the krrot in question had been taking a few trophies from the things it had killed, including some other regiment's commissar.

The kroot squawked at him, and he shrugged again. "Polly want a cracker?" he asked it. It narrowed his eyes and prodded him with its rifle. He prodded it with the barrel of his plasmagun. There was shortly a full on poking contest going back and forth, neither side willing to give in.

Until, that is, the guardsman decided he was bored and shot the birdlike alien. Shortly after, now wearing his shiny new commissar's cap, he followed the sentinel pilot down the shaft.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

29. - Top - End - #89

Krahaha ran into a bunker room. It was full of tau ammo. Railgun shells, stuff for pulse rifles, the pulse rifles themsleves, photon grenades, lots of stuff. He picked up a long rifle, like that the hammerheads used, but smaller, man-portable. He took it up and slung it over his shoulder.
    *click*.
    A gun drone popped out of its cover and fired at him. It hit an ammo crate behind Krahaha and exploded, knocking Krahaha off his feet. He stck the nozzle of his flamer into the drones bottom and vapourised it with plasma flame. Then he heard more *clicks*. "MORE. TARGETS!" He shouted, pointing his plasma flamer at the door.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Firbolg in the Playground

Commander Cabal grunted as he tied another wound shut, the Tau were good shots...not good enough to kill him, but good enough to make the whole thing a pain in his rear.

Commander Cabal and the rest of his men had bunkered up in a large warehouse at the heart of the newest conflict, munitions of their weapons were low, but the xeno weapons were thankfully durable, and the lulls gave them time to pull what they could salvage back into the warehouse. Commander Cabal was loathe to do it, but it was time to call in for support, grabbing the Vox Caster from the communications officer.

"This is Commander Cabal, currently pinned down in the city, all are pretty banged up, can we get some armored support, could use a new hat to, oh and some bandages"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.