New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Playgound misfits, Freefrom game for the GuardITP

Chiasaur analyzed the situation. A handfull of Tau in the ranks, Xeno tech everywhere, what appeared to be a non commissar in a commissar's hat, unconventional tactics...

"Boys, crack open the amasec. We are now officially the most heretical unit to have not yet fallen to chaos. And I swear, if one of you sprouts tentacles, I'll report us to the Inquisition myself."

He then bnegan planning how to deal with the Tau left aboard. There'd been reports of genestealers on a space hulk within the misfit's area of authority. It wasn't likely a handfull of troops could manage it by themselves, solving the problem one way. And if they excelled, well, the Imperium had been known to overlook some odd biological quirks in exceptional soldiers.

He dearly hoped the second option would not come up.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

"Commander Kabal, fire support is on the way."
    The statistician decided to be entirely normal for one firefight. He shot towards the city in his Valkyrie. He shot up some buildings, killed some Tau, and gave Cabal a new hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrmud View Post
    xanaphia has gained: A Metal Head's approval!
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

Commander Cabal threw his blasted hat to the ground, putting the new on on and grabbing the Vox Caster once again

"This is Commander Cabal, got my new hat, procedding into the center of town, ho-rah!"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Krahaha sent another burst of plasma into the gun drones entering. There was about a doze of them. Now there were none. He walked out, into the corridors, calmly found a ladder and clambered up to the surface. He found he was in the middle of some kind of square, with some kind of giant televisor broadcastinging device at the end. Xenos propaganda device, he decided. He hefted his borrowed rail rifle and aimed at the middle of the televisor screen, where one of the grey-heads with the funky robes appeared, with a defeated look on its face. Then he shot and the device shattered into dozens of large pieces and thousands of small ones.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Okay men, pull back the Valkyries and regroup at my position then advance into the center and make sure you capture those mantas intact!" commanded Mancow into his vox. "This is Mancow to Mathematician, do you read me? Take a drop ship and get some ground troops over here right now. We're going after the Mantas and can't hold them without ground support."

"Mancow to Misfits. Is assistance required anywhere? My scans show nothing you can't handle. If you need help from us your gunna have to wait, we're all tied up here, can't spare anyone."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

What? yeah, just stack it over there. No, don't worry about it. A little elbow grease and the blue will come right out. Some paint, a little tailoring, we should be good to go.

*looks at the stack of armored Tau bodies*

Well, this should make me a little more popular around here. Or get me shot.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Trooper Moon walked over to Commissar Baxter, who seemed lost in thought looking at a dictionary.

"Sir? Sorry to bother you, but do you have any orders for me, sir?"

8. - Top - End - #98

Krahaha looked around. The ruined buildings were silent, only a few flames, some smoke, and a screaming earth caste tau with a broken leg. He walked over to the wounded tau, looked it in the eye. Then he hefted his rail rifle in both hands and smashed its brains over the plaza. He walked away.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Chiasaur put down the transmitter.
    "Well, we got our orders, and not a minute too soon from where I'm standing. We're to begin Evac at once. Transports out are catch as catch can, so we just got real lucky."
    "But sir, we're winning."
    "And the big =][= would like to see how a single guard unit took a planet by itself. And they wouldn't like the answer, I think. If you ever wondered why our service records are so non-descript... this is why."

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

10. - Top - End - #100

The call hand gone through, time to pack up and leave. He grabbed a vox caster and screamed through it

"If anyone has anything else to say to the Xeno's scum do it now! All ranked officers. My office 0700 tommorow!"
    My Current Works

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Commodore Keris Rain looked grimly across the bridge of the Purgatio Vis, the light from the consoles giving the features of the bridge crew an eerie tint. The room was dominated by a hololithic projection of the world below, baffling symbols representing the flow of battle. The Guard forces had certainly performed well, taking the Xenos forces apart on the ground while the glorious aircraft of the Navy had obliterated the opposing air and reserve forces. Shame the only squadrons in action belonged to Mancow.

Keris looked from the central hololith to the peripheral displays around him, showing the status of the small fleet stationed in low orbit. Lord Mancow’s vessels lay in a rough group, their formation broken by the huge lump of rock they had industriously towed through the warp. Mancow had explained its origin to him once, during the only time the two officers had met. He’d invited the Air Marshal to the Flagship of Battlefleet Absentis when he was first informed they would be commanding supporting elements of the fleet.

Mancow had been disappointing. Expecting an officer with Mancow’s record to be serious and by-the-book, he had been shocked to find the man brash, and seemingly more at home with the ratings on the flight deck than with the officers. And the man had talked. He had gone on and on about his past, spouting clearly embellished stories about aerial combat, and his plans for “Starbase Annihilator”. Keris had had to excuse himself before they had even begun to start discussing possible tactics, and as a result the two fleet elements had performed almost entirely independently, Absentis carrying the Guard elements while Mancow had deployed his aircraft in every pacification mission so far.

An alert flagged up on the main screen, interrupting Keris’s reverie. The XO of the ground crew, a Lt. Chiasaur, was signalling for evac units. Frowning, Keris waved his command wand to begin the launch of the dropships. The battle shouldn’t be over yet; the tacticians had predicted it would take at least a week to eliminate all Xenos units. But then again, this was the Misfits. They’re probably just trying to run with what loot they’ve managed to grab. That seemed to be their usual MO. Hopefully they hadn’t tried to take anything too heretical, his patience had been almost used up by the Squig incident.

As he though his, Keris glanced uneasily behind his shoulder, there, beneath a 20ft tall statue of the Emperor, were the reinforced blast doors leading to the Captain’s command throne. Admiral Hansaard resided beyond, practically immobile, hundreds of MIU units giving him complete control over the fleet. Of course, he hadn’t been seen to leave his chair in over a century, and the blast doors had been sealed for the last dozen years. The Admiral had recently become delusional, believing he was transporting the Mordian IXth, and woe betide Keris if he found out the truth. Luckily the Admiral’s mind was slowly merging with the great Machine Spirit of the Purgatio Vis, within a few years he would cease to exist as an individual, his body failing as his mind forgot it. Until then Keris was bound to serve him by word, and supervised the day-to-day running of the fleet, allowing the Admiral greater control over the vessel he was bound to.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Ikaeru ducked his head for what felt like the millionth time that day.
    He raised his Mrk VI Sniper Rifle to his eye and sighted another target, he squeezed the trigger gently and saw the Orks head explode in a shower of blood, bone and possibly brain.
    More shots zinged over head.
    Luckily for him and his men, Orks are terrible shots.
    But it was only a matter of time before they penetrated their defences...

"HIGGS!" Ikaeru bellowed. "we need that damned Baneblade operational!"
    "I'm sorry sir but the Orks have completly ruined it! it's likerally scrap metal now..."
    Ikaeru glanced at his beloved Baneblade which the men mockingly call the Blaineblade...
    The Baneblade Artificer lay in a ruined, rubble heap... Higgs had been working around the clock to try and get even one part to work, but he had had no success.
    Just then a Bullet from one of the Ork's makeshift guns struck him squarly in the shoulder.
    "CAPTAIN" screamed the man next to him.
    "I'm fine..." he lied as he passed his gun to the man and crawled out of the parapet to where Colonel Abrams was lying.

"Captain..." started the Colonel.
    "Sir, you've lost a lot of blood... you need to rest"
    "Be slilent Captain... I know that theres nothing that can be done for me....
    I want you to promice...."
    "Sir?" asked Ikaeru through the pain in his shoulder.
    "Take care of the men..." and with the Colonel's last breath he said "Major Blaine..."

"Sir?" asked a small man that Ikaeru new was called Stims or something.
    "What is it?"
    "What should we do?"
    The medics finished patching Ikaeru up.
    He stands up and straitens his Carapace Flak Jacket.
    "Send out a distress call to the nearest fleet... tell them we have the remains of the 707th heavy tank company and need Evac ASAP!
    tell them we also want an orbital bombardment of the area afterwards! like hell im gunna let these Orks like after they killed almost all my men!"
    "Sir the nearest fleet is the Battlefleet Absentis..."
    "Huh..." grunted Ikaeru "and to think we were on route to merge our already devastated regiment before this attack..."

Ikaeru ran over to the huge, Intercostle Vox Caster and started to send his message on all frequencies...
    "This is Major Ikaeru Blaine of the 707th Heavy Tank Company... we are stuck on the planet of Polaris V and are requesting Evac and Orbital Bombardment... Please we are in dire need of assistance... Repeating Message..."
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2008-11-26 at 10:29 AM.
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Trooper Moon loaded up his gear and walked into the transport he was assigned to. he wasn't sure why, but the Misfits had to leave, and they had to leave fast. And he wasn't complaining. The farther he got away from the enemy guns, the better his survival chances were.

Now that he was in the relative safety of the transport, he lit a lho-stick, and started thinking. Rumors around the regiment was that command was thinking of promoting him to sergeant. That is, if Moon could "shape up." Its no secret Moon had a bad attitude, and everyone felt he didn't really care for any people in his squad other than Petroz. But really, that wasn't the truth. It was just hard enough for Moon to look after himself without worrying about a bunch of snot-nosed youths straight out of training too.

the bulkheads shook and the floor vibrated as the shuttle took off. the men around him were whooping and hollering like they just did something special. Moon just focused on cleaning his flamer of all the soot and mud on it. That's the other reason he would never get promoted. they'd make him get rid of his flamer. and he wouldn't trade this gun for any weapon, man-made or Xeno. He just liked burning things and people too much. As the transport rode out into space, towards Battlefleet Absentis, he took a deep breath. he wondered what hellhole they were gonna be headed to now. then he decided he didn't care, as long as there were more things to burn.

14. - Top - End - #104

Commander Cabal stepped onto the bridge of the Flagship, giving a dirty look to the members of the Navy.

"Lets go home boys."
    My Current Works

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

The TechPriest tightened the last fastener and cleared the bypass commands before ordering the servitor to decouple the transfusion pipes. Humming a Litany to the Machine Spirit quietly to himself, he booted the diagnostics and ran a sequence of tests, feeling the responses through the neural link before directing the remote power-up sequence. The sentinel walked forward a few paces then returned to it's original position.

"#Sentinel Pilot Karhaha of Sentinel #070899. Field repairs are complete; Sentinel is operating within acceptable parameters. You may collect the Sentinel on completion of the Ritual of Commissioning. All praise the Machine Spirit.#" Wychweird removed the link and closed the access panels as he invoked the Ritual, fanning the spark of the Machine Spirit to full force. He directed the servitors back into the rhino to await Karhaha's return.

16. - Top - End - #106

Foe smiled as the order to return to the FOB came in. He wasn't necessarily looking forward to the ranking officer's meeting tomorrow, but hey, life was good. He had a new artillery platform, and depending on how well the salvage teams had done, might be able to mod a few more Things. There was something exhilirating about combining the speed and manouverability of the xeno fighter with the sheer firepower of the Imperial's artillery. Well, exhilirating for him and his men at any rate. Probably more terrifying for anyone who had been caught beneath them...

He thumbed the vox. "All Lizards, this is Basilisk Six. Colonel Cabal has hoisted the flag, so get ready to hop. I want everything loaded and airborne before I get home. Make sure to leave me a spot on the shuttles."

He banked the fighter/field piece into a tight bank, vectoring back towards the field the artillery command had set up. It didn't take long to get back with the speed the fighter made available, and the men were already breaking camp before he got there. The Basilisks were already packed away on their ships, tubes depressed to full. Behind them were stacks of full ammo pallets, the heavy explosives carefully tucked away. Here and there there would be a small explosion at one end of the field as the shells deemed too risky to keep were blown in place, leaving nothing for an enemy.

A pair of innovative guardsmen had requistioned a pair of signalling flags each and waved him down in front of the center shuttle. It took a few moments of playing around with the controls to finally drop the Thing's hoverfield enough to float it into the waiting shuttle, where Foe got his second surprise of the day. There sitting in front of him were four brand spanking new Sky Ray gunships, their less happy looking xeno crews kneeling in front of them. The xenos had their heads bowed hands crossed behind their necks in the standard prisoner pose, and a platoon of trigger happy looking guardsmen stood guard, lasguns leveled. Off to the side sat the wreckage of a fifth Sky Ray, it's side blown open in a massive hole that extended from end of the craft to the other.

"Caught 'em trying to sneak around for a firing position on the rest of the boys, sir," one of the flag bearers reported. "Took 'em entirely by surprise we did. Had to blow the leader up to get 'em to stop, it's that balsted on right over there, but once they realized were ready and they weren't they gave up right quick. Figured we didn't want ta leave 'em behind so we tightened up on a few things and stashed 'em in a shuttle."

"Do they work?" Foe asked, his curiosity over riding his shock. It might be hard to get ammunition for them, but then he'd known Krrth to find stranger things to requisition before...

"Scooped the blueboys there before they had a chance to do much sir," the newly promoted lieutenant (he didn't know that yet though) answered. "Should be perfectly fine, we figure how to get 'em and going."

"Well, good find lads, good finds!" Foe complimented. "There's been a good killing this day. Got another one tomorrow. So everybody get it up and going, we're off to the next fight."

"What should we do with the blueboys sir?"

Foe thought about it for a moment. They might need translators to teach them how to use their new toys. "Shoot all but three. Dump the bodies out in the field. Oh, and cut the bindings and make 'em run. We don't want to be accused of war crimes, now do we?"
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Thorgrim looked at the terrified, bloody and spent guardsmen he had been holding together for the last minutes. The combat was now over, the Tau were on full retreat, and it was time to go home.

-Well lads, that wasn't too bad was it?

A few of the recruits looked at him with horror in their eyes and retched.

-The first one is always the worst lads... If any of you are still alive in a year or so I might have a spot for you in my squad, now lets go! I want you to travel in teams of 4 through the building, grab carts and stack whatever seems useful, with an emphasis on weapons and ammunition. One of you always keeps his weapon ready.

30 minutes later, he led the convoy to the town center, where he met up with his own squad.

-Had fun boys? Give the noobs a hand with loading that stuff, if we need space we can always jog, they're not in any shape to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

The emergency channel crackled to life. It seemed a guard unit was pinned down by Orks fairly near by. And if anyone in the unit knew the commanding officer, they'd know he was in favor of the old "Death or Glory" heroic charges, last minute rescues, and, of course, looting. A pinned down guard unit, sadly, fit all the criteria. Looked like the Xenos would need to be taught how not to die after all.

"Attention all troops aboard the newly rechristened TES Death's Lil Helper: I apologize to those expecting a breather after that action, but we are hereby ordered to come to the aid of another unit being attacked by an Orkish WAAGHHH. Any Xenos aboard may be relieved to learn that the current mission overwrote all records of pending executions and species affiliation. It seems, in light of the current mission, we'll just have to assume we're all loyal guardsmen. Report to the barracks for a quick round of emergency combat training. And try not to die if at all possible."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Keris watched in the viewpoints as tiny lights flared in the atmosphere below, dropships in their hundreds launching from the Imperial lines. The withdrawal was proceeding well, and they should be ready to move out within a couple of days. Soon the dropships would be falling down once more, onto a different world, carrying troops ready to bring the might of the Imperium to its foes.

An ensign moved nervously up to Keris, a dataslate clutched in his hands. "Commodore... Sir... This just came in via Astropath. I think you may want to look at it sir." Frowning, Keris dismissed the ensign with a wave of his hand, and connected the dataslate to his terminal. The ensign hadn't lied, it did indeed contain an Astropathic communique, but it registered as coming from the Polaris System, a region far away from their campaign route. The file seemed to be audio, so Keris ran it through his headset.
    "This is Major Ikaeru Blaine of the 707th Heavy Tank Company... we are stuck on the planet of Polaris V and are requesting Evac and Orbital Bombardment... Please we are in dire need of assistance... Repeating Message..."

Keris's frown deepened. This was bad, he couldn't refuse an obvious distress signal, and if the fleet dispatched to Polaris had been wiped out, then Battlefleet Absentis should be the closest friendly forces. But to deviate from the campaign plan could be considered an act of heresy. He'd have to ask the Admiral.

"Sir, we have received a distress signal from the Polaris system. Should we deviate from our campaign plan and come to their aid? Our forces are even now pulling out of the world below."
    "THE MIGHT OF THE IMPERIUM KNOWS NO BOUNDS!" The Admiral's artificially enhanced voice boomed through the bridge, causing the crew to jump. Keris cursed inwardly, he'd opened a closed channel for a reason.
    "ITS MIGHT REACHES ALL THOSE IN AID, AND NONE CAN DENY IT!"
    "Should I course projection plotted sir?" Keris motioned for an ensign to begin to do just that.
    "PROCEED TO OUR BROTHERS WITH ALL HASTE, AND LET THEM BE SNATCHED FROM THE JAWS OF DEATH"
    "At once sir." Thankful it was over, Keris cut the channel. "Contact the other commanders. We have the Admiral's opinion, now let's find out theirs."

As he finished saying this, Keris heard the bridge doors open, and looked round to see the Guard Commander stride in, glaring at various crew members.
    "Let's go home boys" he proclaimed. Keris cursed his timing, but at least he hadn't walked in while the Admiral was listening.

"Ah, Commander. I was just trying to contact you. I appears a fellow Imperial Regiment has run into some trouble against some Orks. Now, the Admiral thinks we should rush in there bravely, but we are all interested in what you think we should do. Are your men up to another engagement?"

20. - Top - End - #110

"My boys are always in for a good fight, but we also like playing with our toys before trying them out. Get the rest of command up here. We'll chat it out. The other boys out there can hold tight for a time, if not, then they'd have only left us strung out in the cold in the middle o'combat."
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    "My boys are always in for a good fight, but we also like playing with our toys before trying them out. Get the rest of command up here. We'll chat it out. The other boys out there can hold tight for a time, if not, then they'd have only left us strung out in the cold in the middle o'combat."
    Right. Should I be at the debriefing, or do you want me giving the new troops a quick rundown of how it all works?

22. - Top - End - #112

((The Latter I think, you had the idea after all ))
    My Current Works

23. - Top - End - #113

"Basilisk Six, reporting, sir!" Foe declared, snapping smartly attention as he stepped on to the bridge. He looked around.

"Damn, I'm first again, aren't I? Why can't I ever make a fashinably late entrance?"
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    ((The Latter I think, you had the idea after all ))
    So, general rundown, or this op only?
    Because general rundown, I probably should just attend the officer meeting and hand it over to one of the Sergeants. This op, however, yeah, I probably should explain it. Frankly, it's counterintuitive on oh so many levels.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Pack it up boys, we're moving out. I've got a keg of beer for the team that loads the most!

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krrth View Post
    Pack it up boys, we're moving out. I've got a keg of beer for the team that loads the most!
    Hey, can you get me a bunch of Eldar tech? I could use a lot of that stuff. Doesn't need to work. Air to ground missiles are a priority.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Hey, can you get me a bunch of Eldar tech? I could use a lot of that stuff. Doesn't need to work. Air to ground missiles are a priority.
    Sir? Are you testing me? I wouldn't have that xeno stuff in my depot. Not only is it heretical and against the Emperor's will, but it would get me shot.

*looks around*

However....I DO have some interesting stuff...I don't know which Craft...I mean, Forge World made it, but all the documentation shows it's approved. Take what you need, just make sure to ..ah..."sign" it out.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2008-11-26 at 10:21 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Sargent Thorgrim enters the deck shortly after the basilisks' leader, the surviving officer from the two squads he had led during the short lived siege of the armory in tow.

-Hello Sir, Sargent Thorgrim of the 29th reporting, along with my new friend Sgt Harlan of the 50th. Unfortunately, the 51rsth's officer didn't make it.
    If i may make a suggestion sir? The troop fought well today, maybe the officers and commissars could attain a special victory meal or something for what, 10 or 12 hours? Leave the troop bays to the troops. A few kegs of booze and Iho sticks might even be misplaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

29. - Top - End - #119

Commander Cabal nodded and gave a slight salute

"Sounds like a plan to me. We're waiting for one of my men to get here. Then we can start the briefing."
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Trooper Knight slowly stretched his aching muscles.
    Bloody xenos nearly had me once or twice. Though the compensation is nice....
    Looking about for the quartermaster, Knight quietly approaches him once found.
    "Ah, hey. Listen. I heard you might have recently gotten a shipment of armor that happens to look an aweful lot like that Tau Stealthsuit Commander type. Know anything about that?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune