New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Playgound misfits, Freefrom game for the GuardITP

Trooper Knight barely let his finger leave the trigger.
    'So many of them!'
    Even though he'd fought the greenskins before, their numbers always took him aback.
    "Like he said. Start big, and work your way down."
    A small arc of clearing had formed in front of the trooper, anything orky getting cut down by the hellgun on full auto. But how long the ammo would last...
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #212
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Between Trooper Knight's Hellgun, and Trooper Moon's flamer, they cut a swath across the front of the transport, as the members of the 707th piled in. But Trooper Moon knew it was only a matter of time before they ran out of ammo. They needed their distraction, and fast. He just prayed they'd be able to lift off soon.

Trooper Illiya Moon, Veteran trooper with Flamer, and Chief Marshmallow Roaster

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Will do, Sir.

*Finds someone...anyone who can use the damn thing. When it teleports into the fray, it's equipped with a lightning claw and an assault cannon. A literal hail of bullets tears into the Orks around the Manta*
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Ikaeru Placed his shots with ease, although he quickly realized that his Laspistols were doing hardly anything to the Green skinned Xenos.
    "Feth" he said as he holstered the guns and smashed the face of the nearest Ork into the back of its skull.
    He grabbed another head and crushed it with difficulty as he felt a round or two pierce his shoulder.
    He winced at the pain and literally ripped off an Ork's head who happened to be nearby.
    A beeping sound was emitted from his power gauntlets and he new that they needed some more energy cells.

"Mr. Krrth" Ikaeru yelled over a vox caster "I need a few powercells... or some other big nasty mellee weapon! ASAP if you would please"
    Ikaeru ran forward and yanked the nearest hatch off of the downed Manta.
    "We need to get back to the transport! set the detonation timer and get out of there!" He yelled "But if you think you can get this thing back up and fast 'll hold off the Green skins!"
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

-Frak, what happened to our distraction? Never mind, 29th forward.

Ushered by trooper Moon's flamer, the 29th cut a sticky green swathe in the orc lines. the few xeno who approached the squad were cut in many different bits by chainswords. Then, they saw It. An ork boss, 9 feet tall, 5 wide, encased in slapdash power armor, wielding a power claw and what looked to be an autocannon. The ork first completely destroyed a squad of guardsmen, and was still stomping the cadavers in glee when it was engulfed in trooper moon's flames. The only effect seemed to be that he was slightly singed, but apparently his ammunition cannister had melted enough for the cannon to explode when the ork tried to use it. Short one forearm, the still formidable and enraged ork charged the 29th under an hail of hellgun fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

"Woot!" Trooper Moon hollers as he saw the warboss' weapon explode.
    "that had to have done some damage!"
    Suddenly the warboss charged, not even feeling the damage from his flamer.

"Feth! Maybe I should have taken that heavy flamer........." Moon muttered. He continued pouring liquid flame onto the creature, but it wasn't even slowing him down.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cursing, Trooper Knight rolled out of the Warboss' way.
    "Maybe we should have had anti-tank. Maybe's won't do us any good now. You go for his face, the rest of us, try for the joints!"
    Knight continued to fire, managing to scorch the armor for a while, until a lucky burst of fire caught one of the joints in the claw arm, reducing its movement substantially.
    "Just a little more..."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Trooper Moon aimed the flamer right into the Warboss's face and fired. the Warboss let out a howl that could be heard across the field, and finally started stumbling back. Moon continued firing.

"Where are those damn 'Eldar'..."" he wondered aloud.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Trooper Knight radioed up to command, "Command! Where's our distraction! We're getting murdered down here!"

10. - Top - End - #220
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Trooper Moon didnt let up on the flamer until finally the warboss fell down face first into the mud. But it was only a small victory. All around, the orks charged on, not even noticing the death. And in the distance he saw a trio of battlewagons headed this way, accompanied by ork trukks and even a looted Leman Russ, with its markings hastily painted over in red.

"Sacred feth, what had the 707th gotten themselves into!"

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

A huge shot flied over the heads of those fighting and smashed into the Ork battlewagon and exploded, causing the temprimental piece of junk to also explode in a huge ball of fire, debris and Ionized Plasma Particles.
    The Blaineblade lugged its huge gun back round to bare and unleashed another shot, this time at the main expanse of Ork Boyz.
    Ikaeru gave a whoop and glanced at his men who were almost aboard the transport.
    'Come on' he thought to himself as he put shots through the heads of nearby Xenos, 'Fix this damn contraption so we can evacuate'

Higgs ran over, dodging Dakka as he went and occasionally fireing a shell or two from his shotgun into a Green skin.
    "Looks like this bird needs help to fly again" he smiled.
    "This is Engineer and apprentice Enginseer of the 707th, he'll have this thing off the ground in no time" said Ikaeru.
    "Where do you want me?" asked Higgs
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

"Allright. We got one the one currently working escape route lifting off in under a minute. Anyone who's out of ammo, seriously injured, or otherwise useless, get on the thing. Furthermore..."

Chiasaur paused as the hastily jammed in radar display lit up with a few rather large dots. If he guessed right, a very large "Eldar" assault force was coming. He almost pitied the Orks.

Almost.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground

Raroy touched his hand to a check. He found his palm colored red. The amount of blood flowing did not seem like anything serious. A big and apparently important Ork had run by and ran through some men. Raroy could of sworn he was five feet away while he was shooting at it. He shot some Orks on his little mound with the plasma pistol and wished the battle would soon end.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Moon let out a whoop as one of the three battlewagons exploded fantastically in the distance. the other vehicles suddenly stopped and milled around. Moon imagined they were trying to decide whether to go after the men and the transports, or to try to find whatever destroyed the battlewagon. Amid the mass of greenskins, Moon couldn't tell what had destroyed the wagon, but Moon sincerely hoped they went after it instead. He sprayed another jet of flame into the greenskins surrounding him. it seemed like they were thinning out now...

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Chiasaur paused the missile barrage against the Orks. They seemed to be focusing on the diversionary group, and, despite the fun of exploding a few dozen greenskin noggins, safe evac seemed more vital than fun at the moment. He turned to the troops.

"Well gents, it seems someone's attacking the Orks with a good deal more passion than us. I say we leave them to their work, fix the damaged evac craft, and get out of dodge. Any objections?"

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Not at all, sir! Gives us a breather and all!"

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

-moved to make more sense-
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2008-12-10 at 03:46 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

-Alright, 29th, we go in last. Fighting retreat to the evac ships.

By now, the sargent's hellgun was depleted, and he was shooting orks with the two bolt pistols he kept as sidearms. Both went "clik" as the magazines were depleted. He reloaded the left one as he revved his chainsword up in the right. Just then, 3 orcs evaded Moon's fire and charged at them. Two bolts later, one was down. The other two were in hand to hand combat with the 29th. They lasted all of five seconds.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Moon continued to fire his flamer at the hoarde of greenskins. it looked like the 'Eldar' had finally arrived, so it was time for them to leave. But first, He had to make sure everyone else made it into the transport first. he took out a couple of frag grenades and tossed them into the mob, grinning as the explosions ripped them apart.

"Everyone in?" he hollered.

20. - Top - End - #230

Verrukt and the Tau pilot had made their way onto the top of the downed manta and had been fending off a steady trickle of greenskins. Verrukt was a tanker, and damned proud of it, so his melee skills were somewhat lacking. Nevertheless he practiced his chainsword drills with the diligence of any storm trooper or commissar and managed to hold his own in single combat against the first 4 orks to make it onto the hull. A pair of the giants were bounding up the back of the massive transport, have climbed up the nose. Verrukt reflected morbidly that they'd probably used the navy boy's dangling arms as handholds. His borrowed pulse rifle brought the first down hard and the second was relieved of both of his arms after a clumsy sidestep and vertical chop.

It was the third that he hadn't seen that cost Verrukt his left eye.

He heard the grunt of exertion and leapt back. The choppa that would have decapitated him split his face from cheekbone to the bridge of his nose, taking his eye with it. He was on his back, howling in pain. Bleary eyed he could just make out the bellowing ork, raising its choppa to rend him apart, when the ork's head was evaporated by a pair of shotgun slugs.

"Looks like this bird needs help to fly again" he smiled.
    "This is Engineer and apprentice Enginseer of the 707th, he'll have this thing off the ground in no time" said Ikaeru.
    "Where do you want me?" asked Higgs
    “There, on the engines.” Verrukt replied, still clutching his face. “I’m going to head below decks and settle into a nice bout of unconsciousness if you don’t need me up here. Call up Krrth and the cogboys, I’ll be needing some augmetic work I’m sure.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Higgs clambered onto the engine and started his magic.
    It took him less then 5 mins before the engine was back on and he was putting the final bits back into place.
    Higgs was frantically working on the downed Manta as Ikaeru put more shots into the heads of the Xenos scum.
    "almost got it..." Higgs said.
    "Comon Higgs!" Ikaeru almost cried as he slipped new power cells into his Laspistols "Im running low on power"
    The Major shoved the gun into an Ork's mouth who had managed to clamber up to him and pulled the trigger.
    "Got It!" Higgs said. "This bird can now fly! everyone get in!"
    Ikaeru clambered in after the others and nodded at the Tau Pilot... he knew there was a decent reason for this and decided to follow up after the battle.
    Ikaeru ran over to a vox and spoke into it.
    "Any 707th or Misfits not in a transport get in one now! we have managed to get the Manta online, get to it if you can!"
    He turned to the Tau Pilot "after any men are aboard don't forget to pick up my tank!"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Steady, Steady!" Gunner Kane shouted, slewing the turret to accommodate the driver's steering.

"There's a horde of orks out there, and the airlift is going to take off without us if we don't get in in! How steady do you want me to be?" the driver yelled frantically.

"Look, just stop for thirty second!" Kane responded, grunting in approval as the tank suddenly stopped. At almost the same moment, an explosion resounded through the tank, a rokkit hitting and glancing off the front armor. Even through the thick layers of adamantite, the gun crew could hear the Orks rallying with their usual 'WAAAAAAUGH!'.

"They think they got us. Good timing driver." Kane responded. "Now, if our sponsons will cover us, I'm going for a record in gunning. Three battlewagons in forty five seconds." the tank rocked slightly as Kane fired, straight into a battle wagon five hundred meters distant.

"Two." he said, firing again as soon as the loader had finished. A second, much closer wagon blew like a giant bomb, shards and pieces of the hodge-podge ork 'handywork' scything through the mobs of boyz around it.

"And now for the bosswagon... Thr- GODEMPORER DAMMIT!" Kane yelled, as the driver, either running out of nerve or deciding Kane was running out of time, began rolling backwards up the Manta's loading ramp. The shot that might otherwise have been on target instead blasted apart a group of nobz that had exited the wagon just prior to the shot. The wagon itself was knocked over by the blast wave, crushing even more orks. The tide that had almost advanced to the front of the Manta's deployment ramp fell back, cowed for the moment. An Orkish cry of vague distress or surprise arose as some of the brighter ones began point up, at what they were now realizing to be engines, as opposed to guns.

"Over the top, and in the bay." the driver reported, "tell the pilots to get us the warp away. Please."
    "Simon Ten Broek loves to draw attention;
    Simon Ten Broek spent years in bleak detention;
    Simon Ten Broek, with crimes too vile to mention;
    Simon Ten Broek won't live to see his pension."

10:07 PM [Matthias] And the Kohr-Ah are all "GIT THEM DUKE BOYS!"

23. - Top - End - #233
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Moon hopped into the nearest transport, still firing his flamer out into the crowd of greenskins below. Now they just needed to wait for the 29th to get in, and pick up the Baneblade, and they would be good to go.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Trooper Knight stepped back onto the ramp of the transport, side by side with Moon. Between the flamer and hellgun, no orcs seemed to ever get near them.
    "Refreshing afternoon out, wouldn't you say?"

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

"Higgs! were good to go" shouted Ikaeru.
    Higgs jumped onto the boarding ramp and fired a few more rounds when an attack Squig collided with him.
    "HIIIGGGGGSSS!" screamed Ikaeru blasting the Squig from Higgs's neck... but too late, the Squid had ripped out his throat.
    Higgs hadn't screamed because the Squig had also ripped out his vocal chords.
    Ikaeru saw a huge Ork guffaw dumbly, the Squig had obviously been its.
    Ikaeru lowered Higgs's eyes, Picked up his friends Shotgun and let a mighty scream of both sadness and hate issue from his lips.
    He started to run to the ramp, ready to blow that cursed Xenos into a billion pieces.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The 29th had been waiting for a last squad to get there, but all but one were killed in the desperate run to the transport. The terrified trooper dived into the manta and the xeno errrr imperial ship lifted off. Flames and lasfire rained from the hatch until it closed.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

"yesssir!" Moon chuckled. "A nice little stroll in the park!"

He sat down in a harness and buckled himself up, just in time as the Manta shuddered and took off.

28. - Top - End - #238

Raroy laid his head back against his harness, closed his eyes, and let out a breath of air. He just wanted to calm down, and rest himself. All of the plasma pistol ammo had been emptied which forced him to use his sniper with no scope and trip Orks to get to safety. He slowly crept his eyes open, noticing a large number of soldiers missing. Raroy's eyes just shut closed, they seemed to be stinging due to that slash from the war boss. He took his helmet off and fiddled with the broken side.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

"Well kiddies, that's pretty much how this goes. Anyone who has trouble with this kind of operation, you'll find applications for dismissal just outside the airlock. For those who prefer probable to certain death, we have signups in the rec room for raids on Necron tomb worlds. Any questions?"

Chiasaur surveyed the exhausted remainders of the two units. Seemed like most of his unit had made it out alive... including the Xenos. Well, you can't have everything. At least this time the plan was more or less pulled off, and the net total troop change was a positive. He was looking forward to the vacation.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Ikaeru had sunk to his knees.
    The door had shut just as he reached it.
    He stood up and buckled himself into a harness next to a long range communication Vox.
    "This is Major Blaine of the 707th... all units are in Evac craft... requesting orbital bombardment on the planet..."
    Then he sat in silence and said a little prayer for all those that had fallen against the Orks, both from his unit and the Misfits.
    After that he began to compile a report on a Dataslate.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show