New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Playgound misfits, Freefrom game for the GuardITP

Foe heard the call for evac go up on the vox network and signalled to the other pilots.

"The boots are clear boys, so its time for us to go home. I've got it on good authority that we don't want to be hanging around too long."

"Roger that, 2 copies."
    "Roger, 3 copies."
    "Roger that, 4 copies."

There was a moment of silence and Foe found himself getting annoyed. Now that the transports were lifting out of range the orks were beginning to focus on his little troop, which was not a good thing. "Report 5. Rutherford, where are you?"

"Coming sah, 5 copies," came the reply. Foe pulled up for a little more altitude, the other three Those Things already burning through the atmosphere above him. After getting a little higher he could see the fourth modified craft come racing up from just over the roof of the jungle canopy.

"Damnit 5, we said no souveneirs!" Foe barked.

"Sorry, sah, the Terrus boys insisted on making a little detour. Didn't see the hahm in it, there didn't seem to be any orks about. We only put it down for a moment."

"Sergeant, consider yourself on report! Now get your arses skyward, they're beginning the bombardment!" About a half a mile distance the clouds parted as a massive lance of energy, nearly ten meters across, stabbed down to scourge the land. The orks caught in its path didn't so much die as cease to exist, as well as anything else caught by the beam. A second and third joined it, the beams running a tight pattern as they swept up behind the retreating Misfits.
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Chiasaur watched as the pilot carefully landed the transport back on the Imperial Navy ship the Regiment had been using lately and walked briskly out.

Primoris absentis , primoris domus, as usual. If, Emperor forbid, Cabal died, he was definitely getting that put on the unit's letterhead somewhere.

Well, time to report to the man who was still his direct superior. And if navy brass was talking to him...

Well, they could just enjoy a report of a successful mission. No real harm in them knowing there was something the unit did well besides loot corpses and run before the =][= came.

They could run from Orks nearly as well.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Now, safe back on board the ship, Trooper moon lit up a lho stick and started to clean his flamer. They were just waiting for the troops who provided the distraction to return. he got his flamer sufficiently shiny, and he adjusted his Beret. Then he wandered off to the mess hall.

Trooper Illiya Moon, Veteran trooper with Flamer, and Chief Marshmallow Roaster

4. - Top - End - #244

Verrukt stumbled out of the docking tube into the starbase. He'd waved off the ministrations of the New Recruits and had instead wrapped a simple piece of cloth around his head. It was slowly but surely turning red. He wobbled over to a voxcom and hollered down the pipe "Wych, Cogboy! Where are you?"
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just prior to the rescue mission

Mancow had been sleeping in his chamber, awaiting the time to rescue the 707th when his door had slid open and his four elite navy guards dropped dead. Before Mancow even had a chance to raise from his bed a squad of Navy stormtroopers marched in and gagged him. They then led him away and pulled away from the starbase in a shuttle with which they had sneaked into the starbase. Aboard the shuttle he was taken to a locked room with a mirror in it.

Mancow had no idea as to how long he had been in the room except that they had brought him six meals when a man he recognized as a high-ranking naval officer (the big hat was a giveaway) who specialized in rectifying the habits of commanders who got to close to the action.

"Air Marshal," his tone worried Mancow,"It has come to my attention that recently you have been flying in massed combat sorties against Xeno scum, while I shall admit that these strikes have been effective I am here to tell you that you are risking demotion and even court marshal by this behavior. You are the commander," he stressed the word," of a Naval ground support force including fighters, bombers, Valkyries and starships which require your utmost attention in the middle of battle! That attention must be focused on the effectiveness of your force as a whole and not on you trying to shoot down Xeno scumbags!"

"And what if you are shot down? GodEmperor Dammit! It is rare to find a commander who has as much experience as you! Now we are going to return you to your command but you shall amend your ways Mancow or else next time we see each other it will be at your court marshal."

Mancow started to leave the room but just as he was closing the door his interrogator said, "And Air Marshal, I've seen the Xeno craft aboard that fleet and as long as they are used to smite the Emperor's foes and are blessed by tech priests you won't hear anything about them from naval command. And here, take this tome and read it, you and the Misfits might find it rather interesting."

When Mancow returned to the Starbase he checked his chronometer to see the time and realized that five days had passed since he had been abducted and he quickly informed his aide that he had returned and his aide then proceeded to tell him that he had been told to keep the disappearance quiet if he wanted to stay as a 100% flesh body.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

The servitors murmured the Litany of Installation as the various weaponary was installed on the Baneblade chassis recovered from a previous Misfits mission.

"Wych, Cogboy! Where are you?"

WychWeird sighed as the call came over the vox. He walked over to the vox and keyed for transmission. "I'm assuming you're addressing me, Verrukt? How can I assist you?" His eyes wandered back to the vehicle that was taking shape from reclaimed parts, secure in the knowledge that this 'resurrection' would please the Machine God. As was the tradition of the Misfits, this vehicle lent itself to a name; a vehicle reborn which would include purging flames left only one choice. Phoenix.

7. - Top - End - #247

"I'm in the market for some Augmetics, what can you do for me?"
    Took him ruddy well long enough, Verrukt needed to change the dressings already.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

WychWeird accessed his stores list.

"I have an optic which may be patched into the spirit of a machine providing enhanced targetting. This will improve your performance and impart some of the wisdom of the Machine God to you. I can be ready to neurograft in a short while, if you can get here. You may be able to test your systems out on Phoenix, providing my servitors continue to work at peak efficiency."

9. - Top - End - #249

"Sounds wonderful, I'll be right on down."
    within minute Verrukt found himself strapped to a medicae table with all manner very pointy looking devices perched like spider limbs over his head.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Trooper Moon sat down at the mess hall, with yet another one of the Emperor's glorious ration packs in front of him.

"what I wouldn't give for a steak right now..." Moon muttered, and began to dig in. While doing so he took a look around. the mess hall was much quieter than he thought it would be.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Yeah, you, me, the whole company. Shoot, I'd settle for something that didn't start off as a powder, let alone some real meat."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

12. - Top - End - #252

Foe landed the Thing in the middle of the deployment bay, so that it's weapons were facing the four Those Things. His gunstrakced back and forth wondering what was going on. Then the squealing started.

Racing out from behind Rutherford's ship was a horde of green...things. They looked at little like the protopigs, except they were green, hairy, and more than a little ill-tempered. He watched as three of them charged a supply cart and didn't even stop or try and turn, instead deliberately headbutting the cart and spilling nuts and bolts everywhere.

"RUTHERFORD!!!" Foe bellowed as he popped open the canopy.

"Sorry, sah!" Rutherford said as he came scrambing out after the squigs, one hand pinning his cap to his head. "The boys were gettin' a little anxious though, and when we saw their pens we justfigured it wouldn't be bad to pick up a little meat. Them Terrus boys though, they did somethin' to the squigs and they came along nice and quiet like, leastwise until we had them on the ship and up in space some. Then they went a little nuts, and there wasn't much we could do. We figure we get them back under control, then maybe breed a few of 'em for steady meat."

"You disobeyed orders for food?!?" Foe demanded.

"No, sah! We disobeyed orders for intelligence! Look at what was guardin' them pens!" He motioned to a pair of troopers, who dragged a struggling Ork out of the ship he was cursing and swearing so fast and heavily that no one knew what he was saying. What was most noticeable however, was the lack of hands. Instead, both of his arms had been replaced with what looked like artificial multitools. "The Terrus boys saw him, and wanted some answers on how Ork tech worked. Apparently they'd gotten their hands on some same way we did, and ran into the same problems we have. So they figured, go to the source. It's all for the greater good, so why not?"

Foe just shook his head and groaned...
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

13. - Top - End - #253
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

"you can say that again... " Moon muttered, prodding at the mushy substance.

"we're busy protecting the whole fraggin universe, seeing things that would make a nun convert to Chaos, you think the least they could do is send us some decent food once in a while."

He took a look at the packet " I dont even know what this is supposed to be."
    Last edited by Moonlitrebel; 2009-01-10 at 12:12 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Knight shuddered. "I'd rather not know myself."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

WychWeird emerged from a long and tiring procedure with Verrukt in tow.

"The optic system has integrated into your central nervous sytem exceptionally well, Verrukt, the Machine God must have smiled upon you and allowed his spirit to enter your body. Trust in the Spirit and this Optical Relic and you will be blessed." A servitor moved closer, an appendage interfacing with the optical implant, "One moment whilst this servitor calibrates the matrices. When he is done you'll be able to interface directly with any of the targetting mechanisms I have fitted to my vehicles. Whilst you are interfaced you should find that your accuracy has greatly increased but it may require a little getting used to."

WychWeird looked across to the task Verrukt disturbed him from, "Come back in a few cycles and we'll see if you can work with Phoenix, if you feel moved to try it."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

"Ugh, my head hurts," the commisar said quielt,y hung over from yesterday's battle. He wasn't exactly sure of the details, but he knew vaguely that the Guard had won the day, and that he was still alive, if a bit hungover. rolling over, he suddenly fell several feet to a hard rocrete floor, which only served to aggrivate his headache even worse. Checking to see what he fell off, he noticed he had fallen from a Lemun Russ, which was covered with several beer bottles.

Attempting to shrug off the pain in his head, he took out his vox, and sent a message to the Colonol, requesting a meeting. "Damn, I need to find out what happened and what we're going to be doing next," Baxter said to no one in particular, as he stumbled out of the tank armoury and made his way top the elevator.
    Founder of the Playgound Misfits, The Imperial Guard Reigment in the Playground
    Commisar Baxter, Local Morale Officer, of the Playground Misfits

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Ikaeru stood outside the mess hall. he had just seen a high ranking member of the fleet who had taken his report (supposedly) to the admiral.
    He stepped into the mess hall and could see his 707th men mingling well with the rest of the misfits.
    "707th" he bellowed "Follow me, and anyone else who wishes to learn more about tanks and heavy milarky" he turned and abruptly started to make his way to the tank armoury.
    "Major" called McAbbith jogging up to Ikaeru.
    "Battlemaster General-" Ikaeru interrupted him.
    "Sorry sir?" asked McAbbith obviously perplexed.
    "I informed command about the near decimation of the 707th and they have risen me to the rank of General, and also bestowed the title of Battlemaster to me for the 707th" explained Ikaeru.
    "Oh" exclaimed McAbbith who then noticed the new pips that Ikaeru wore grudingly. "Have you thought of any promotions for any of the men?"
    "Promotions?... not as of yet McAbbith"
    Ikaeru stopped to achnolage a Passing Commissar, when a thought struck him.
    He turned back to the Commissar.
    "Might i inquire as to what regiment you belong?" asked Ikaeru before noticing the name tag and adding "Commissar Baxter"
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!