New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground
    Default Available In UK?

i have contacted various gaming shops and they have never even heard of the game

i really don't want to order it from the US because of the stoopid customs duty payable on anything over £18

will this game be available in the UK?
    There\'s Truth In Everything&&There\'s Even Truth In Lies&&With All This Knowledge&&I Think I\'m Going To Be Wise

2. - Top - End - #2
    APE Games in the Playground

Default Re: Available In UK?

Yes, the game will be available in stores in the U.K. and Europe, probably in October.
    Owner of APE Games.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

excellent ;D
    There\'s Truth In Everything&&There\'s Even Truth In Lies&&With All This Knowledge&&I Think I\'m Going To Be Wise

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

How about Australia?
    The member of the Australian Society for the Encouragement and Propagation of Beards. - Custom avatar by Moonsinger. Technical assistance by Quasimodo.

5. - Top - End - #5

Sure, Australia too. Basically, if our website lets you order, then we ship to you. The shipping mondule in our shopping card program is tied directly to usps.com, the United States postal system. It determines what shipping costs to your area, so if it lets you check out, then rest assured you'll get the game.

Note, however, that customs charges may occur in some areas above and beyond what we charge. These customs charges are set by your country, and we have no control over the amount, or whether they get charged. I'm still doing research into this to determine more accurately how much you'll get charged in each area, or if you'll get charged at all.
    Owner of APE Games.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

what i ment was will the game be available in UK game stores?

i know i can order direct from ape, but i am loath to do so :P

7. - Top - End - #7

Oh yes. We're working with distributors in the U.K. and throughout Europe, so if the game isn't in your store, ask them to order it.
    Owner of APE Games.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Great. Any chance there can be a list posted of some of the main distributors when it happens for the countries?
    I lack a humurous opinion/outlook

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh yes. We're working with distributors in the U.K. and throughout Europe, so if the game isn't in your store, ask them to order it.
    i cannot find anyone in the UK selling it

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Try Esdevium Games - they're the supplier for something like 70% of the Game Stores in the UK. Bear in mind that prior to release many of them won't know about it, so they may need to do some digging. And customs may be liable on stuff over 18UK, but it's often not charged anyway - you (and hopefully I) may get lucky.
    "They say we wizards are subtle. But believe you me, we've got nothing, nothing at all on women" - Harry Dresden, Storm Front
    A thousand and one blessings on the house of Ishukira for the Illuminated One avatar.

11. - Top - End - #11

Right. I wouldn't be surprised if Esdevium didn't know about it yet, but they definitely will. My distribution agent works with Esdevium and Hobbygames Ltd. and is only just now starting to approach them with the game.
    Owner of APE Games.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Ya know, here in Portugal probably the only interested gamestores I know of are the Devir stores. Any chances of talking to them, or do I have to order from the UK?
    Also known as The Draconic Lord&&&&&&HAVE A NICE DAY!&&Avatar by Neo|Phyte&&

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Drake, The Draconic Lord
    Ya know, here in Portugal probably the only interested gamestores I know of are the Devir stores. Any chances of talking to them, or do I have to order from the UK?
    The best procedure to get the game in your store is

1) ask your game store to get it for you

2) if they say their distributor doesn't carry the game or books then ask who they use, and relay that information to me.

Remember, though, NO distribotors currently have the game - it won't be available to them until the end of September or early October. However, the call has gone out to all of the distributors to pre-order the game and book, so everyone we work with should know about it.

Part of our plan for global domination is to get the product into every single store. Even if they haven't heard of OOTS, once they see how well the products will sell, they'll be sure to keep them in stock.

Owner of APE Games.