New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Price

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Price

Hello Rich & Kevin,

I have a question I figure some of your European fans will certainly have: how much will it cost us to get the game? I know the APE site shows the price as $39.95+$22.90 (shipping), but do you know how much (if any) customs taxes will I have to pay?

Thanks,
    Enaloindir

2. - Top - End - #2
    APE Games in the Playground

Default Re: Price

If you mail order the game, your total cost will be as mentioned - $39.95 + Shipping ($22.90).

You may also wait for the games to show up in stores, as Euoropean distributors will carry the games. In that case I don't know what the price of the game will be, but you would save the shipping.
    Owner of APE Games.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

If you're American, whats the shipping cost?

@V Ah, thank you. :)
    If you have made an avatar for me, do not worry. I have them saved. Your work was not wasted. The reason I am not showing them right now may be because I feel they should be shown off at a better point in time.&&&&Orange Zergling doll by Sneak.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by The Orange Zergling
    If you're American, whats the shipping cost?

The shipping cost varies depending where you're located. The best way to determine what shipping to you will cost is to add the product(s) to your shopping cart and begin the checkout process. You can always find out what shipping will cost before you need to commit to the purchase. I think that around $6 is the minimum, and somewhere around $12 is the maximum for the U.S., though.

One thing to note is that the shipping cost you see is all USPS - APE Games isn't adding any 'handling' charges. That's right, we're giving you the box and styrofoam shipping peanuts absolutely free!
    Owner of APE Games.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by apegamer
    If you mail order the game, your total cost will be as mentioned - $39.95 + Shipping ($22.90).
    So no customs fees? The previous (first) time I ordered something in the US, I had to pay near €50 in customs fees when they delivered to my door...

Enaloindir

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Enaloindir

So no customs fees? The previous (first) time I ordered something in the US, I had to pay near €50 in customs fees when they delivered to my door...

Enaloindir
    I will verify with USPS that there are no additional fees and post back. What country are you located in?
    Owner of APE Games.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Belgium

Thanks for your effort :)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by apegamer

You may also wait for the games to show up in stores, as Euoropean distributors will carry the games. In that case I don't know what the price of the game will be, but you would save the shipping.
    From my experience (Austria), you save little to nothing by getting your game or book locally; if there's a difference, it's mostly tilted in favour of ordering it in the U.S. and getting it shipped.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Enaloindir

Enaloindir
    There certainly will be custom fees. I know only the situation in Hungary, but the rules for this should be the same all over the European Union. You pay custom + tax (I think the English name is VAT*.) The tax rate is different in all countries, the custom rate should be the same all over the EU. As far as I know for games and stuff like that this is a fairly small, something like 5%.

So if you pay 62 dollars for the game, you will have to pay something in the order of 62 * 1,05 (customs) * (1+your countries VAT rate).

Here in Hungary I would have to pay something like 62 * 1,05 * 1,2 = 78,12 - 62 = 16,12 USD customs and taxes (in local currency of course).

All this is only as far as I know it, I'm no expert or anything. It's just based on what experience I have in ordering games from the US.

* This is basically the same tax you pay when you purchase anything. Mehrwertsteuer in German.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

The swedish customs are quite lax at applying toll and VAT (or "moms" as it's called here). I order lots of stuff from the UK and US, and it will often get to my mailbox without any added charges.