New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Fun House! (A Werewolf Game - Now Playing)

Look at it this way: If you had said we were playing Calvinball, I would've been happy to play along. But don't invite me out for baseball and then declare the score is Q to 12 and make me sing the "I'm Very Sorry" song.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow...

Since when did people forget games were games?

Let's lynch someone!

A butler appears..."Ahem, sir, it's night time."

Let's go to bed!

"Ahem...werewolf, sir."

Let's lock ourselves in our usual cage because I don't want to hurt anyone!

((Also, I think you guys are giving me too much credit. I simply took my own advice, checked who was playing, and tore down my own post since I realized it was unjustified. I was hoping no one would see it, since, as pointed out, it wasn't exactly flowers and rainbows towards EDK, and I didn't want to hurt the guy. That being said, evidently I did, and I'm sorry for that. Aether...you're just picking up his fight. I don't think I need to say anything to you. I thought *everyone* knew Shadow wasn't playing, and that you all had bothered to check what I was being an idiot about, so I didn't say anything for those reasons. Relax, guys. Enjoy the game. If you don't think there's any evidence, just sit tight. Some of us actually work on these games, but it pretty much always takes a good long while.))
    XF: Operating on 95% insanity since 1337 B.C. Because every event needs an insane werewolf noble.

Blissfully proud owner of a Ceikatar!

Undead Wannabee and Poster-Boy for the Fanclub

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    edit: ^ Thanks 'Ruki! ^

It goes both ways.
    The villagers have lost three instead of five.
    The wolves have killed three without any threat of revealing themselves.

It's a wash from where I sit, which by the way, has already been established as a neutral point.

Continue the game. Have fun.
    It's a Fun House already! And it's a Game too! Treat it as both!I feel sorry for the three two (besides Goof) that were lynched because of the chaos, but then again.... it's just a game.... Deal with the Rule of Shadow and then complain to me!
    I'm perfectly aware of all the mentioned points. That's why I'm not jumping up and down on my chair, pulling the hair out of my head. However, I can't help but agree with Mecha in certain points. But, that's just me. If most people will deem the game fun, the game will continue. I, for one, am staying. At least as long as there isn't a similar prank happening again. My tolerance goes only so far. Nothing too bad happened yet(well, the two lyched players might disagree), so I don't see the reason of pulling out yet. Some people obviously do. It's the way everything works. You can't please everybody. From the looks of it, the joke backfired a little.

And I better stop, before I entwine myself in the cluster of my own thoughts.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

4. - Top - End - #394

Imp

[bitter] Maybe I'm just bitter because I nearly got crucified for talking after death in Smash Bros, and in this game the lynchings and kills were dominated for three days by people who aren't even playing. [/bitter]
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Then don't look close.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

They were pointing at each other. It's a different situation. Besides, it's partly our fault. How did a full player list not realize there were outsiders among them anyway? I mean, I realize this is werewolf, but I didn't expect it to be THAT realistic.

Also, Mordokai is suspicious. Lynch him.

6. - Top - End - #396

Imp

[pissed off] In USB, the player list didn't say I was dead until I brought it up several days later. Was I alive all that time? No.

If I had looked at the player list, I would've assumed that the narrator had made a mistake and left a few people off. After the trouble I got in in USB, I was sure that no narrator would let people who weren't playing influence the game so much. Don't you dare say it's the players' fault for not recognizing someone wasn't playing. [/pissed off]
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2008-11-26 at 07:18 PM.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thumbs down Re: Fun House! (A Werewolf Game - Now Playing)

I probably would have found the Shadow and Indurian gag funny if it weren't the only reason I got lynched in one of the games I was actually having fun in.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    How did a full player list not realize there were outsiders among them anyway?
    ((1. Got buried under early RP explosion.
    2. Those most likely to call it out were in on it.
    3. Many people are trusting.
    4. Many others are in more than one game, so they don't constantly check the player list in each game they're in.
    5. Those who did figure it out, thought others knew, apparently.

As for my opinion on it, being one of the lynchees, I am holding back because I'm having a bad day in general, so I don't think I'm reliable source right now. Though I was being half sarcastic with my serious business link (which is silly in and of itself).))
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2008-11-26 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #399

Imp

Can I give Iceddragons or Reinholdt my role? They didn't deserve to be lynched, and I don't want to play.
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2008-11-26 at 07:26 PM.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Bugbear in the Playground

@Mecha: I feel like you've stopped being the player you were when you started playing WW games. I remember everyone heralding you as the next Atreyu! And then? Well, I feel like you've started taking the game far more seriously. And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with that. But this is the sort of game that the attitude you brought to Werewolf at the beginning could shine again.
    @v: I'm sorry you feel that way.
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2008-11-26 at 09:11 PM.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

11. - Top - End - #401

Imp

I keep getting yelled at for my shenanigans, and then people pull things like this. The line's different in every game, and there's no way to tell where it is. I'm trying to get a handle on the games so I can have more fun with them, but the whole system is a mess! There's this whole arbitrary framework that everyone has to follow, but Shadow and Atreyu just do whatever they want. If I do wacky things, I get in trouble. So I join a game that "will proceed like most any other game, except that we are not going to provide a list of roles that ARE in the game," in hopes to try to better figure this out, and it gets even worse!

Werewolf is frustrating.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    @Mecha: I feel like you've stopped being the player you were when you started playing WW games. I remember everyone heralding you as the next Atreyu! And then? Well, I feel like you've started taking the game far more seriously. And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with that. But this is the sort of game that the attitude you brought to Werewolf at the beginning could shine again.
    ((Yeah, I think I agree. Not on the mecha stuff...I don't know him. I, however, am grateful to the narrators for pulling the joke. It made me remember that it's a game, and that I hadn't been playing that way for a while. Thanks, both! And look, guys, if you don't want to play now, that's fine, but there's an implicit trust in signing up for someone's game...shop for both narrators *and* theme, not just signing up for any game that meets a few basic requirements or whose theme sounds fun.))

@^: Welcome to the playground. Sometimes it's insane. Just have some fun, and don't worry too much about it all.
    Last edited by Xykon_Fan; 2008-11-26 at 09:11 PM.
    XF: Operating on 95% insanity since 1337 B.C. Because every event needs an insane werewolf noble.

Blissfully proud owner of a Ceikatar!

Undead Wannabee and Poster-Boy for the Fanclub

13. - Top - End - #403

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    And look, guys, if you don't want to play now, that's fine, but there's an implicit trust in signing up for someone's game.
    I assumed part of that trust was "We're not going to derail our own game by inviting people who aren't playing to muck it up."

I'm fine if a game wants to be ridiculous. If someone made a Calvinball werewolf game where anything goes, I would be the first to sign up. But there's a double standard in Werewolf. The big guys don't have to follow the rules, and that's not fair.

Edit: For the record, I'm not blaming Shadow or Atreyu. I suppose I'm a bit jealous. My main beef is that it's very difficult for a new player like me to get into the groove of things, largely because WW claims to have uniform rules, but in reality every game's tone is completely different.

Also, I really don't think people who aren't playing should be allowed to play.
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2008-11-26 at 09:21 PM.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Pixie in the Playground

Hm. My first games I've joined are this one, and Mirrodin where there's no way to ID wolves because they're decentralized.

I had expected Mafia/Werewolf games to be something else... including having the day and night cycle be the same; that is to say, during 24, 28, 72 hours you lynchvote somebody, while sending in PMs for special actions.

Mostly I'm ticked at how Shadow and Indurain screwed around with us. I didn't get mad at Atreyu or Trog. I did think the "point at Exachix" thing was odd, but I didn't get a feeling of emberassment, frustration and anger from their actions.

Anyway, it seems clear after the "it's just a game, you should have fun" Mechafox decided "I don't like this game so I'll look for another and/or focus on the one I'm in." Good luck with that, Mechafox.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Trollman, Tome of Fiends
    That and there is a certain segment of the roleplaying community that cannot differentiate absurdist humor from insanity and will insist on doing annoying things in the name of humor. And we hate those people.
    In my experience, I've found that there are also people who don't realize, or don't care, that others simply don't appreciate their brand of nonsensical humor, even if they're not out of line with their antics.

15. - Top - End - #405

Well, I'm in three WW games right now: This, Mirrodin, and Ravnica.

I'm a villager in both this and Mirrodin, but in Ravnica, everyone has a role and nobody is actually evil.

Ravnica is really fun, but in both this and Mirrodin I feel like I'm just kinda sitting here and waiting for people to do stuff. These seem like they're all luck.

Ravnica, on the other hand, has risky alliances and diplomacy with the other guilds. It's all about finding your foes, and your allies who are the foes of your foes.

It's really cool; I think all werewolf games should be either like Ravnica, or they should have less than 30 people and far less villagers. With more power roles, the games can happen faster and the werewolves will have a harder time blending in.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Ravnica isn't quite a normal WW game. It's very different. It's a little more like RAF on steroids.

As for these? Well, I'm sorry to tell you but you don't really get to be dragged into a network in every game you play. Sometimes you are, sometimes you aren't. There's a lot of waiting around if you aren't. That's just how the game works.

17. - Top - End - #407

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Ravnica isn't quite a normal WW game. It's very different. It's a little more like RAF on steroids.
    Thanks, I try.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

18. - Top - End - #408

Yeah, congratulations Shadow. You and Indy really fooled us all, didn't you.

Kudos for being the first to think of and execute a maneuver I'd normally expect from the Llama.

At the same time, sod off.

Also, Vampire III. January or February better for you?
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

19. - Top - End - #409

Imp

You know what? I think I'm actually going to stay. I'm just not going to pay any attention to the politics of this game and focus mainly on Memesville instead. Unless I can give my role to Iceddragons, who should not have been lynched.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Um. I'm still going to play. I would suggest that maybe, the Narrators think about letting Reiholdt and Iceddragons back in, somehow. It really was unfair to them. Maybe redoing the roles of everyone, so that everyone is starting out fresh again. Just a suggestion, not a demand.

Now bacak to my unregularly scheduled RPing. ((Which is why I didn't notice Indurian and Shadow's ploy, in the first place.))

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Dead?!? Do I look dead to you? And I certainly couldn't talk to you if I had died anytime recently, now could I? Of course I can talk. I learned to talk the same way you did. By listening and mimicking. Granted, I probably worked harder at it than you, but you get the point."

"Sheelah's her name, huh? Never got the chance to ask her, everything happened all at once. Well then Eric, I suppose I'll thank you for making sure she was safe while I was out of it. I suppose introductions are in order. I'm Reinholdt. The most amazing talking, sharpshooting cat around. I'd show you my act, but I need to find my gun first. Sort of got misplaced recently, do to a scuffle you saw the result of."
    Sheelah wakes up and looks at her two new friends. Labrīt mans draugiem. She stretches and yawns. It'd been a long time since she had slept comfortably.

Then she notices that Reinholdt is looking fairly well this morning. Jūs esat labi! Kas notika? She immediately hugs Reinholdt.

She looks to Erik. Erik, jūs atrast ārsta, kamēr es miega? She gets up and hugs him as well. She is so happy, she cries.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2008-11-27 at 02:03 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

21. - Top - End - #411
    Banned

My responses, if anyone cares....
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will give you that mayhap I/we took it a bit too far. But really, the way it all fell together, how could I do any differently?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun
    And if the side-show guys continue to have fun with us, that works for me, too. even better.
    I plan to1!
    They were pointing at each other. It's a different situation. Besides, it's partly our fault. How did a full player list not realize there were outsiders among them anyway? I mean, I realize this is werewolf, but I didn't expect it to be THAT realistic.
    This is ME you're dealing with, bro! as someone once said, I can sell ice to a homeless Eskimo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox
    Edit: For the record, I'm not blaming Shadow or Atreyu. I suppose I'm a bit jealous. My main beef is that it's very difficult for a new player like me to get into the groove of things, largely because WW claims to have uniform rules, but in reality every game's tone is completely different.
    To use the two examples you've associated with this:
    Find your own groove!
    Llama's a nut.
    I'm a schemer.
    What's your niche? Find it and monopolize it! That's all we did!

As for these? Well, I'm sorry to tell you but you don't really get to be dragged into a network in every game you play. Sometimes you are, sometimes you aren't. There's a lot of waiting around if you aren't. That's just how the game works.
    QFT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf
    (1)Yeah, congratulations Shadow. You and Indy really fooled us all, didn't you.

(2)Kudos for being the first to think of and execute a maneuver I'd normally expect from the Llama.

(3)At the same time, sod off.

(4)Also, Vampire III. January or February better for you?
    (1)
    (2) As much as you might not think so, I appreciate that. I'll take it as a compliment and simply move on.
    (3)
    (4) Actually, those are the two slowest months of the year for bars. Pick one. Maybe Mid-Jan? Sounds like a plan to me. Hit me up with any ideas/changes you have. I don't have any at this point because I've been too busy to even think about that game for quite some time....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat
    Um. I'm still going to play. I would suggest that maybe, the Narrators think about letting Reiholdt and Iceddragons back in, somehow. It really was unfair to them. Maybe redoing the roles of everyone, so that everyone is starting out fresh again. Just a suggestion, not a demand.
    After seeing how it worked out on day 1, I'm inclined to agree. I wasn't exactly sure what was going to happen. When a random person was lynched on day 1 I felt kinda bad, but by that point what was I going to say?
    The problem becomes: What would you do with them? Their roles were revealed. To re-enter them into the game is to re-enter 2 people KNOWN to be safe.
    That's unfair as well.

To the people whining: I don't care. I hate whiners. Not to sound like a pompous ass, but I simply ignore that crap. I have no time for it, nor do I have the desire to deal with it.
    It rolls off me like water.
    *shrug*

22. - Top - End - #412
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    Exactly. It's only three nights in, and the narrators have already made a complete mockery of their own game. I don't care to stick around and see what other crap they have up their sleeves. I'm sure they're having tons of fun playing around with us, but on this side, it's no fun at all. Werewolf is confusing enough already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I'm pretty sure the wolves aren't excatly happy right now, if what Shadow says is true.
    And the conclusion is....
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

After seeing how it worked out on day 1, I'm inclined to agree. I wasn't exactly sure what was going to happen. When a random person was lynched on day 1 I felt kinda bad, but by that point what was I going to say?
    The problem becomes: What would you do with them? Their roles were revealed. To re-enter them into the game is to re-enter 2 people KNOWN to be safe.
    That's unfair as well.
    That's why I said "everyone". Basically, start the game completely over. It would be the only fair thing to do. But, again, it is only my opinion.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    And the conclusion is....
    *raises hand*

Oh-oh-oh! Can I be lynched tomorrow Uncle Jontom?!
    Last edited by Mordokai; 2008-11-27 at 04:32 AM.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

25. - Top - End - #415

My responses, if anyone cares....
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will give you that mayhap I/we took it a bit too far. But really, the way it all fell together, how could I do any differently?
    I plan to1!
    This is ME you're dealing with, bro! as someone once said, I can sell ice to a homeless Eskimo!
    To use the two examples you've associated with this:
    Find your own groove!
    Llama's a nut.
    I'm a schemer.
    What's your niche? Find it and monopolize it! That's all we did!

QFT!
    (1)
    (2) As much as you might not think so, I appreciate that. I'll take it as a compliment and simply move on.
    (3)
    (4) Actually, those are the two slowest months of the year for bars. Pick one. Maybe Mid-Jan? Sounds like a plan to me. Hit me up with any ideas/changes you have. I don't have any at this point because I've been too busy to even think about that game for quite some time....

That's unfair as well.

To the people whining: I don't care. I hate whiners. Not to sound like a pompous ass, but I simply ignore that crap. I have no time for it, nor do I have the desire to deal with it.
    It rolls off me like water.
    *shrug*
    Well since I now know that this prank was a part of the game I think its a fresh move really, narrators should try different things to spice up the game a bit.

It was a bold move and I think some persons are bound to dislike it, kudos to he narrators for trying new things at least. Just hope things will calm down now.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

Like I said, I'm still going to play. I'll admit to be a little upsset at first, nothing like when Talic and I clashed elsewhere though.

I wasn't paying much attention in the first place. I got caught up in my own little game within the game.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tired N' Drowzy View Post
    I'm a villager in both this and Mirrodin, but in Ravnica, everyone has a role and nobody is actually evil.
    That's why I found it funny I was in the Rakdos guild, the apparently most evil one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    Llama's a nut.
    I'm a schemer.
    And, apparently, I'm a wolf.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    *raises hand*

Oh-oh-oh! Can I be lynched tomorrow Uncle Jontom?!
    No, I'm sorry little Mordokai, that's the wrong answer!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

D'aaaaaaw!

*puts the noose away*

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

I personally think it was hilarious, and it's very interested to see how many people just follow a bandwagon when it turns up. It's a Funhouse I expect it to screw us around. I give kudos to Shadow and Indy for pulling it off.

Still, I can see why a few of the newer players are frustrated, they're trying to get a handle on the rules and find a game that's completely off the wall, which maybe they didn't expect. I can see how that would be hard to follow, and hard to take with good humour when they're still getting used to these things.

All in all, let the silliness continue!

*throws an egg custard at Mordy*
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2008-11-27 at 05:46 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn