New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Fun House! (A Werewolf Game - Now Playing)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    @XF: Well, you'd have to have some killer(s), otherwise it would be totally random. "Ooh, look, that guy has a lot of points and isn't me, so let's lynch him!" It would devolve into pointless chaos rather quickly.
    ...Yeah...so? I think it would work pretty well. It's more a matter of getting together a band of people to kill others off. Besides, you're saying this compared to...a "normal" werewolf game in which it doesn't devolve into "Ooh, look, that guy has a lot of points and isn't me, so let's lynch him!"
    XF: Operating on 95% insanity since 1337 B.C. Because every event needs an insane werewolf noble.

Blissfully proud owner of a Ceikatar!

Undead Wannabee and Poster-Boy for the Fanclub

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

@^ the guy has a point.

And Lex-kat? That "sue me" part was more intended for JX, evnafets and others who find it so very unimaginable for anybody to share his role with Shadow.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

Oh. Okay. It just looked like you were upset with me for asking.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt
    Hmm. Do I trust you or not? Hard to say. But since I'm naught but a villager, I've got nothing to lose.

Then again I'd tell you that regardless of my role.

I know I wouldn't trust me if I were me.
    ((Here's my PM to Shadow. Take from it what you will. I probably would have sent something similar no matter what I was.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    Sheelah looks at the kitty. Man bija tik baidās jums gatavojās iet bojā. Ja Erik nav atrasts mani, es, iespējams, būtu pat atpakaļ šūnu.

She points at Erik. Erik. Then she points at herself. Sheelah. Then she points at Reinholdt, and waits.
    "You know, I think we should try and either teach you English, or figure out what language you're actually speaking." He points to himself. "Reinholdt."

"Just a second." Reinholdt goes to get some paper and a pencil. He hands it to Sheelah. "Can you write? Could you write the name of your language on here?" He looks at her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

Sheelah smiles broadly at her hero. She thinks she is falling in love with the kitty. She takes the paper and pencil and writes out. Latvian. She hands it back to him. Latviešu.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    Sheelah smiles broadly at her hero. She thinks she is falling in love with the kitty. She takes the paper and pencil and writes out. Latvian. She hands it back to him. Latviešu.
    "Latvian, huh? Either of you know anyone who translates Latvian? If so, maybe we can find this person, and figure out what to do from there?" He looks from Sheelah to Eric and back.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2008-11-27 at 07:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Sheelah just shakes her head no.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm. Ok. Eric you stay here and watch her. I'll be back as soon as I can." Reinholdt scampers out after the good-byes to go find a book at the library.

On his way out, he notices his gun lying in the mud behind a booth. "There you are!" He goes and picks up his gun, hugging it tightly to him. "I'll never lose you again. Now we can pick back up our act. Just gotta clean you up a bit." With that, he heads out, gun in tow, mission in mind.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

9. - Top - End - #489
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I was one of the assassins... I find it humorous that in a game with NO wolves, I end up as the role responsible for the nightkills.
    And, so, the Rule of Murska is yet again correct.

Even when not a wolf, Murska is a wolf.

Anyways. What have we learned? Never trust Shadow. Ever. No. Not even then.
    QTF...

Even though I PM'd him....
    >_>
    <_<

I'll have the laywer that Mordy has. Paladins are quite good with that sort of thing, I believe

Also, a thought I just had, spoilered for convenience, and cos people might not want to read about another opinion about the last couple of pages...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adding a further 2cp to the table (which I think makes 4 or 6 cp now...), I think that the main reason for the reaction to this (apart from, as Banjo said, trying to get a handle on WW in general) is because some people have got themselves a comfort zone in WW games now. (Me included). JX (as far as I know) first challenged it with Ultimate Chaos, but it was implied in the rules that things would not be normal. This time around, I think some people thought, as I did, that this would be a normal WW game, but with a cool setting. A couple of small omissions in the first post meant that they were easily missed, and the comment that some roles would be included, and some wouldn't meant that people were looking for normal wolf and mason teams, with potential variations.
    Finding out that (an admittedly awesome) prank had been pulled, potentially causing the rules of the game to change, shook some people from their comfort zone - again, that includes me. Realising now that it didn't actually affect the game (as in breaking it) as much as it came across, made me realise that, to quote and paraphrase Captain Barbossa:
    "They aren't so much rules, as guidelines."

Which means a lot of potential has opened up for other games that can pull stunts like this (in terms of changing the game - I think if anyone sees Indy or Shadow in a game from now on, the player list is going to be the first thing to hand ), but it means that something as 'revolutionary' as this can't be done again, which, now I'm past the shock of it I'm actually quite disappointed about.

Oh well. Live and learn.

Also, I am definitely in the re-hashed version of this game
    Last edited by Vampiric; 2008-11-27 at 08:49 PM.

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

10. - Top - End - #490
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll come play again. Though as a social experiment, the game is kinda done. Booooo.

Still think that was an epic prank, and the one time I can't pay attention to the game and follow a bandwagon, I get burned. Kudos, gentlemen.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #491
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    I'll come play again. Though as a social experiment, the game is kinda done. Booooo.

Still think that was an epic prank, and the one time I can't pay attention to the game and follow a bandwagon, I get burned. Kudos, gentlemen.
    QFS (Quoted for sig)
    Masquerade Indy by Gnomish Wanderer

Still think that was an epic prank, *snip* Kudos, gentlemen.
    I was outzombied by the baby!!

12. - Top - End - #492
    Banned

Still think that was an epic prank,
    Yeah, thanks!

The best part?
    I didn't even know what was going on. I also didn't know their little secret for the game. All I knew was that they wanted me to come pretend to play.
    The only reason that I even knew Indy wasn't playing either (because I didn't look at the player list, why would I, as I wasn't playing....) was because I saw an identical post to his Wall on Facebook from Alarra as one I had.

I just decided:
    "Well, if they want me to pretend to play, I'm gonna do JUST THAT! And why not get Indy involved?"

He picked up almost exactly where I was hoping he would.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Orc in the Playground

And when Shadow and Indy are on the same page, only chaos can ensue.
    Masquerade Indy by Gnomish Wanderer

Still think that was an epic prank, *snip* Kudos, gentlemen.
    I was outzombied by the baby!!

14. - Top - End - #494
    Orc in the Playground

That was totally awesome.
    Trophy(/ies)
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure if I would want to join if we restarted this right now...
    Maybe if it was tried latter.

Although I learned that not many people make spreadsheets... so I'm actually kind of happy.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

16. - Top - End - #496

I'll join back in if they'restarting over. However, I've decided that this:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iceddragons View Post
    Are there no wolves in this game at all? If it's allowed, I'm going to vote no lynch.
    And this is where we wanted you guys to go. We wanted to (to borrow from Goof and Shadow's Titan game) think outside of the box and actually postulate ideas about why things were happening the way they were. And we thought it would be entertaining. The only three people we told about the underlying secret all thought it was a fantastic idea (Shadow was not one of those three, incidentally). Murska even suggested a game like this in the Central thread while the game was going on (we wanted to thwap you for that, by the way ) and no one said "Hey, that idea sucks. I would hate it".
    means that, despite dying, I won that last round.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    *raises hand*

Yeah, I did it. Sue me. Like a villager has anything to loose by Shadow knowing his role.
    *sues*

The way I saw it, the only thing the villagers would have gained from having me in the network would be one more person to point at whoever Shadow wanted dead, while, if he was a wolf, contacting him would both shorten the list of potential seers/baners/voiders/whatevers they wanted to kill and mark me as a gullible Shadow-trusting fool. It seemed to me that the best idea would be to at least wait until the night kills started forming a pattern which would support or oppose Shadow's claim in my eyes.
    Last edited by Hyozo; 2008-11-28 at 05:23 PM.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Pixie in the Playground

means that, despite dying, I won that last round.
    I voted for Shadow. That's a win in my book.

The way I saw it, the only thing the villagers would have gained from having me in the network would be one more person to point at whoever Shadow wanted dead, while, if he was a wolf, contacting him would both shorten the list of potential seers/baners/voiders/whatevers they wanted to kill and mark me as a gullible Shadow-trusting fool. It seemed to me that the best idea would be to at least wait until the night kills started forming a pattern which would support or oppose Shadow's claim in my eyes.
    Yep, that is the danger of sending your roles somebody.. it tends to shorten the list. Because the amount of people that hold back because they realize "hey, this'll shorten the list of targets.. and if he's a wolf, that's bad!" aren't so big that the number of people going "...crap, I have an important role! Am I in more danger saying "villager here" or just not saying anything?" could hide easily..
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Trollman, Tome of Fiends
    That and there is a certain segment of the roleplaying community that cannot differentiate absurdist humor from insanity and will insist on doing annoying things in the name of humor. And we hate those people.
    In my experience, I've found that there are also people who don't realize, or don't care, that others simply don't appreciate their brand of nonsensical humor, even if they're not out of line with their antics.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Orc in the Playground

And now for an unsolicited trophy:

Code: [IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x84/AmnonLavidor/FunHousetrophyA.png[/IMG]
    Trophy(/ies)
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #499
    Dwarf in the Playground

Interesting twist. I think it fits perfectly with what a Fun House is supposed to be. I was surprised (and still am) that people would volunteer their roles to Shadow.

No offense, Shadow, but I usually wait for you to make it through Day 3 before I listen to anything you have to say.

I would play again (hopefully with more twists and turns). Life is about to get ridiculously busy, but if you all start another game, count me in.
    Spoiler
    Show

You love me... you really love me!

Ceikatar by the best Ceika, ever!

20. - Top - End - #500

I thought it was funny, only because I laughed at myself. I noticed that Indy wasn't a player, so I looked over the list each time I pointed.

I'd totally play again.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.