New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: To Make a World - God Game

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Morphos

My name is Morphos. I like shapes, especially changing them, I also like secrets, espionage and I created the Moon, and I think I would like to create another, if nobody minds. Morphos looked around, and saw all the plants and greenness. He also understood the desire to create the life, but he'll leave off for a while until he has seen how it is done. He does, however, know how to make moons, and quite enjoys it, and the sky is quite empty at the moment, with only the Sun and a Moon up there.
    "Moons you say? I've always se=n a moon as a goal to strive higher than ever before in hopes of one day reaching it. It is a good thing, and provides a reaching goal for mortals to strive to. I myself am interested in Progress, Metals, am the true God of time, and have other interests that I will leave unmentioned. A true pleasure. I hope to become great freinds with all of you present."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Holding the impermeable box in one hand, Thelyl raises the other sleeve to cover his face from the decaying miasma languishing forth from the mobile corpse before him. That is enough, I think. We can all play the I'm bigger than you, game until the ages turn and we ourselves turn old and grey, so get yourself down to size. You aren't so important that you can't be replaced, rotling. With a gesture from his free hand Thelyl curbs the spread of the rot and decay emenating from the new godling.
    You don't want the monster? You don't throw the switch.
    Awesome Avatar by Starwoof

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Brogurlax

The huge dragon spat up something foul that burned away, the rot still oozing from his form, he ignored the first speaker, for his words had been mostly fanfair, and he knew her words to be true. The second however, the old looking one, Brogurlax did not like. His huge head moved straight before him, his sunken dead eyes, milky in their quality, full of cataracts and seeming like they should ooze straight from his head, but still with a sickening green core, bored into the old man. Shpeak not of what you little undershtand creature, you shpeak of true shizes, but I would no more shrink my shize to shpeak with you than you would shrink yoursh to the shpeak to a god of tiny creaturesh. Thish ISH my true size. And do not preshume yourshelf above replacement either old man death. Jusht ash you proclaim I could be replashed, sho could you... Do not forget that in your hubrish. the huge dragon sucked in another rattling breath, and poisonous smoke spewed from his nostrils like noxious vents in the earth, spewing poisons into the air.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryuii Rvia Sylcor raises a finger to quiet the decaying godling. "Hey, this is a party nobody got invitations to, brotha. Just be glad you found it. And for your information, law-boy, none of us are so important they can't be replaced. Of course, you'd have a hard time trying to find somebody with the sheer charisma and loveability of Ryuii Rvia." Ryuii Rvia winks and gives a big grin.

"As for the party animal himself, he's gonna split. Have fun, cuz I certainly will. I'm gonna take a look around this world and see where I can add some of the signature Sylcor charm. Have fun, y'all!"

Ryuii Rvia raises his hand and lays three fingers upon his cheek. Three fingers that are already fading. His emerald eyes and his smirk are the last things to disappear, as the beat fades with him.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

"Please refrain from squabbling like children. It is most unbecoming of two true gods like yourselves."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Morphos

Welcome, Brogurlax, my name is Morphos. I built the Moon, and I really like it. Do you? I think we could do with more, as the sky is quite empty. Then, turning to Bran Grangir, he said I suppose a Moon is a goal to aim for, always seeing if a better one can be created, seeing if the design can be improved and what the best material to make a moon is, as well as the most effective shape.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #67

Oh have off with you. There is nothing dead here for you to corrupt. A motion of his hand sets the box to floating above the first plant. A cascade of dust follows it and sets to floating around the box and its charge, a similar cascade of shimmering dust surrounds the other plants.
    The Dealer of Souls suddenly becomes much younger, and winks at the Lady Guardian. Only once mind you.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Pravus inclines her head to Thelyl "Indeed I shall"

"Hmmm, if Introductions are necessary you may call me Pravus. and I fully agree with my fellows Rotlord, tone it down...your not impressing anyone."

She turns and walks into the distance through the forest. She stops at a interesting sight. A small piece of wood, shaped similar to Joe's mannequin. She picks it up and looks at it curiously.

The wood is only the size of her hand, her palm. She looked around briefly and smirked quietly to myself. She whispered to the wood.

Its just not knowable...you can read.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah my little one, she believes that first life means something. Well if I am to have my way then nobody will have their way. Things must be fought for" she begins to pour a little power into the wood "I give you life, the power of shadows. My little one, my little Ebonis, you will move unseen in the dark and in the night. Let yourself be known to no one, and only speak to me." She continues her work "You will be the first queen of your people. Proove to me you deserve this honor."

In her hand a small sprite, ink black with Dark green eyes stirs and comes to life, gossamer wings fluttering "I am your servant Mistress"
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-11-21 at 05:51 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Brogurlax

The ancient dragon sneers, and he snorts at the words of the two gods, acid and poison flying from his nostrils. Pleashe, why don't YOU leave Shoul taker, there ish nothing here for you to bring to the landsh of the dead... and yet you shtay. Do not preshume to command me, or to know better than I the workingsh of decay or corruption. At the words of Pravus he growls, a low threatening sound. What do you know of thish? Your "fellowsh" ish the death god alone. You did not penalize the death god for appearing in the form of an ancient humanoid creature, but I am penalized so for appearing ash an ancient of my kind? I merely took the shape of what I represhent, an agelessh thing that livesh, but decaysh. And your petulant and childlike annoyansh at my appearansh provesh I need not try and impresh you. I do not work to impresh the other godsh, for despite my shize I am no more or lesh powerful than them. I would have thought the godsh above shuch petty jealoushies for the appearansh to which I wash born.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

(she definatly would of answered THAT before walking away)

A small smirk plays around her lips "I was not commenting on your form, I was commenting on your attitude. Few of us took such a...arrogant outlook on their arrival. I would warn you against calling me childish again"

and with that she walks into the trees.

(Time stream re initiated)
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-11-21 at 05:12 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Brogurlax

Brogurlax booming voice reached her even as she left. My arrival wash no more or lesh grandioshe than any of the othersh, your pettinessh merely made you believe it wash sho. I arrived with fanfair perhapsh, but it wash never meant to "impresh" you, nor do I care about shuch thingsh. In the future I need not call you childish, your actionsh and attitudesh mark you ash such without my needing to point it out. And with that Brogurlax took wing, and flew high into the air, gliding effortlessly into the distance, leaving a trail of decay and rot in his path.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You might want a different name for your twig, my name is Umbra

Rot wyrm, you strike me as belligerent and more than a little childish yourself, you chide others for being petty and yet respond to their barbs with as much hubris as you accuse them of having. Perhaps if you responded with more civility the rest of us would not be so quick on the assault, verbal as it may be.

Spoiler
    Show
    also the inability to properly pronounce "s" is 'cause your tongue is rotted out or something and not a welsh accent or something right?
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-21 at 05:38 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sidhe_blooded View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    You might want a different name for your twig, my name is Umbra

Rot wyrm, you strike me as belligerent and more than a little childish yourself, you chide others for being petty and yet respond to their barbs with as much hubris as you accuse them of having. Perhaps if you responded with more civility the rest of us would not be so quick on the assault, verbal as it may be.

Spoiler
    Show
    also the inability to properly pronounce "s" is 'cause your tongue is rotted out or something and not a welsh accent or something right?
    Brogurlax

From the distance, Brogurlax sent back an answer, more reasoning and less angry than his retorts to the other two. I act no lesh belligerent than they, and far lesh childish. I reshpond in kind to their barbsh and offenshes. I take offensh from their shtatementsh, lesh because of their shtatementsh themshelves for they are wrong, but becaush they are petty, and think themshelvesh better than me, for one reashon or the other. I do not take kindly to their arrogansh toward me. I would reshpond in shivility if it wash called for, and it ish called for when othersh show me proper reshpect firsht. They may be godsh, but sho am I. I shpeak to you not with beligerransh, but reashon, becaushe though your commentsh are shomewhat biting, they are not wholly untrue, and they do not show arrogansh or dishreshpect merely becaush I arrived, willingly or not, in the way that I did.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's a combination of that, and the constant acid that drips from his mouth like saliva

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "And you shall be named...Ebonis

- SurlySeraph

15. - Top - End - #75

Has anyone noticed the moon recently. I've made something of an improvement. Not to cheapen your work brother, but perhaps I should explain before I tell you what the contents of the box. Thelyl gestured at the moon. Hmm... You can't see if from here, but that hole is filled. Almost. There were... problems. Several motes of dust trail towards the Dealer of Souls, and form the moon. The hole in the center had a glowing ball of light in the middle. The light fluoresces through several different colours as it spins, but several sections of it do not spin, or change colours, they radiate out from the center of the orb like spokes on a wheel. Call it... a gift. Like that Thelyl points at the box and the shimmering aura around it and the plants. It's a little out of character, but these should live, for all time. You know, I never liked the shape of that box. Thelyl waves his hand at the box and it shifts into a large prism, still holding the light in the middle. Better. Regardless. It's a... portal for lack of a better word. A place for the contents of that box to go, eventuall. These plants will thrive here enternally, untouched by anything that I could reap the benefits of. That box will slowly but surely break up until the souls inside are released. Call it a countdown. The world will need to be ready for life by the time that box is gone. With that, the Dealer of Souls returns to his working. His voice however remains. By the way, don't try to tamper with the box.

16. - Top - End - #76

The spark containing Arturus expands, revealing the young Diety in all of his knightly splendor. He is a bit out of breath, and his armor has lost some of its sheen. He shakes his head lightly, as if trying to clear it. "There, it is done."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

And elderly looking man spoke for the first time.

Pah! You call their actions childish, but what are we new gods but children? He looked at the other gods handy work.
    In order to sustain that which we create we will need much more water than these shallow puddles provide.

With that he willed the seas deeper so that they could support both life above and below.
    Last edited by Vossik; 2008-11-21 at 07:59 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Average Joe

Joe stared at the other gods.

"I think I'll take a nap. Wake me when this world is ready. Zzzzzzzz"
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-11-21 at 08:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Barbarian in the Playground

Prithuhara

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think anyone has red, but I could be wrong.

A dull blob appears, but quickly changes into a form much like Joe's manquin, but bigger, green, and with sharp teeth.
    "Greetings fellow beings, I am Prithuhara god of Darkness, Destruction, War, and Necromancy, the art of raising the dead. It seems this world is taking place. There is too much light and not enough dark, but that can be changed in due time. I beleive the floor is open for creation, right?"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

All of this concern with life and death, there is more to existence than whether or not you have a pulse you know. I think it's time to add some variety to this world. And with that the landscape was changed once again, flowers bloomed from the fields, beaches and cliffs formed where the land met the sea and clouds formed in the skies.Still a bit uniform for my tastes, but it's a start.

21. - Top - End - #81

Arturus, who seems fairly recovered now, walks towards the earth. "Hm...what can I add..." He closes his eyes, and raises his hands towards the blossoming planet. Vast fields bloom around the world, tall plants in all different shades of white and yellow, some useful to the races that would eventually inhabit the land, some that would hinder them, and others that would simply exist.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Magrum sighed and began creating aquatic plants, seaweed was his first creation and he was proud of it.

23. - Top - End - #83

Prithuhara

"Destuction and creation always intermingled.' he says creating a volcano island off the coast of the mainland with two other large islands around it."And as for darkness." he says raising three interconnected mountains out of the gound with the tallest in the middle.
    Spoiler
    Show
    We need a map(I'll try to make one on inkscape). Also for the mountain and volcano as long as they are okay.
    Last edited by Gourtox; 2008-11-21 at 09:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84

With a wave of his hand from the surface of the mon, one final burst of light emanates from the now filled hole. Thelyl sets a second, much smaller moon spinning about the first. Upon this, the Dealer of Souls caused a single tower to rise, a pinacle, a single beacon guiding souls onwards.
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2008-11-21 at 09:18 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Brogurlax

The Bog King decided that it was time to bring the prime places of decay to this world. He descended upon a forest, fairly close the seas. With his arms and claws he created great furrows in the lands, uprooting trees and creating holes and channels in the ground. He continued doing this, until the whole of the forest he had descended in was fashioned in this way. He then cut a channel from the seas into the furrows. Quickly the wholes and pathways began to fill with water, and he the roots grow thick around the entrance, so the water would be filtered of all salt, creating fresh water. The swamps were beginning to take form. Next, he took all the uprooted trees, and decayed them rapidly. He sprinkled their remains over the newly forming swamp, fertilizing it and making it ripe for his own brand of decay. He changed all the trees, to better reflect their new environment, they grew tall and soon the sun was quickly blocked out, leaving scant light to be seen.

From his body, maggots and parasites fell, some pupated into huge hideous bugs, others burst releasing swarms of smaller creatures, both would quickly reproduce and spread. Among these were leeches, mosquitoes, dragonflies and more. Half of the flies buzzing around his form departed, spreading over the swamp. All over the forming swamp Brogurlax took some of his scales, and shaped them int a rough ovoid shape. He placed them all over the swamp. They would hatch and become the first Black Dragons. They would know instinctively how to survive from him, and would much as he did, and they would all pass some of these traits and their accumulated knowledge onto their children in time, and so on. Next, he created crocodiles, huge and massive, and placed them all over the swamp, as well as many swamp-birds and other sorts of animals, as well as swamp-fish.

And so with his massive swamp quickly forming, Brogurlax went into the deep center, and alighted into the water. He sunk, until only the top of his head was showing, like some great undead crocodile. And he waited.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Lukahn
    ]Lukahn began to fashion energy from the manna to create massive city, with thousands of new beings made in his likeness. Infinitesimal in power compared to him, these beings would be known as the Solar. The Solar city of Alonos hung between the new world and the Sun.. and would be protected by extreme magic by being so close to the Sun. Here, Alonos would intercede for Lukahn while he was busy.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-11-21 at 10:15 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

Prithuhara

Prithuhara makes a Lupine like creature and soreads him across the planet in varying colors, sizes, and behavior although they all are abit aggressive and some are very aggresive.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If this is too early for Sentients I'll save them for later.Prithuhara goes near his newly created mountains and makes creatures like himself with an inate love of war and destruction. These creatures he calls Orcs and begins to make a tribal system for them. Once he is finished he creates giant, doclice spiders under there protection for food and clothing, but also makes vicous wolves that hunt the spiders under Orc care and spiders not under Orc care.Saved
    Last edited by Gourtox; 2008-11-22 at 06:19 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Magrum

The sea god begins creating all manner of sea creatures.

Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly I think it is too early, though I don't want to be left behind because I went offline without posting mine. Same as above I will remove if others think it is too early.
    SAVED FOR LATER
    The other gods have begun creating their own races. he decided to follow suit. The Murkers are mammals, they were adapt at life above and below water, excluding the ability to breathe out of water. They are long, slender, and green with white bellies. They had flat heads and long arms, their faces were similar to those of catfish though they lived in saltwater.
    Last edited by Vossik; 2008-11-21 at 11:14 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Technically, I have made only a sprite, one so far. I thought since it was small it would be easy to make. If not correct me

- SurlySeraph

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

Umbra watched as the other gods went out and made their creatures, and knew that soon they would dream and her realm would form of its own accord, she would shape her own dreamheart from this realm, but it would be mortals that created it, and so long as mortals dreamed it would be maintained.

Spoiler
    Show
    The only sentients I could really think of that Umbra would create would be humans, but since they seem to hold some kind of special place in most mythologies (egotistical folk that we are) I figured I'd hold off until I could think of something else, but if no one minds I'll go ahead and make them