New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: To Make a World - God Game

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pretty sure that the mannequin everyone is contributing to is going to be humans. Also, we don't even know if LG is done yet, so be patient.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

((I think we should wait for the souls to be released before we create sentient creatures))

Morphos

So, life and terrain was being created. Well, there were still places largely untouched by the gods, so Morphos descended into a desert, with no life in it at all, and created a strange creature that resembled himself ((it's an ooze, they don't have fixed shapes and therefore can change them)), one that could photosynthesise, but only light from the Moon. I don't mind what you have done to the moon, I would like some day to create the perfect moon, so any improvements are welcome, as long as I can incorporate them later on. said Morphos to Thelyl.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #93

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, the box was kind of a way to keep us all from meddling around with sentients BEFORE we got oh you know... any kind of animals. AT ALL. You can try making sentients all you want until time turns and you turn black in the face but they'll just be degenerates. They'll be soulless and lack any kind of brain beyond "Eat, Sleep, Mate". I think it was rather clever of me, since I'd rather like the world to be slightly plausible. We've got our plants, our vaguely flat world with water, swamps are doing well, and one creature (Yes, the sprite is exempt because it's not important enough to need a soul. And you don't expect it to worship you.) That being said, dragons are kind of different, I've got nothing 'gainst dragons. Dragons are probably exempt from the whole "needs a soul" deal by virtue of being that magic. When do we get an OOC thread by the way. This is getting rediculous.
    @ Armin, the whole solars deal bugs me by the way. I mean really bugs me. That was way to short of a time to build an entire city, and then fill it with people. We have avatars for intercession by the way, and what exactly would you need to intercede with? I'm not touching the sun until it runs it's course, and good old Ami would probably feel completly frazelled if the whole evil plan thing went up there, you could honestly spend a few years watching the sun and nothing would happen. Try animals?.

Thelyl watches the endevors of his siblings from his small tower, those that attempt to create some semblance of life fail without the souls locked away.
    He turns his eyes towards the black sky, and sighs. That's just a little too empty. Putting his work aside, Thelyl returns to visit Arturus. Brother, I have a commision for you. Call it a deal. I'll leave your precious sun a few extra centuries, but I've got a problem. Have you looked up? No? I can understand why. It's rather boring. You couldn't perhaps do something about that? All you have do, Thelyl produces a scroll and quill from nowhere, his appearence changing and growing younger at a stroke, is sign, and put some more lights up there. I know you can do the later, and it won't cost you a thing but time. Do try to vary the colour mind you. That yellow thing really grates on my nerves some times and I'd hate to have to tamper with your handy-work after the fact. Thelyl proffers the scroll and quill to Arturus.
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2008-11-22 at 11:56 AM.
    You don't want the monster? You don't throw the switch.
    Awesome Avatar by Starwoof

4. - Top - End - #94

Arturus looks at Thelyl and thinks for a minute. He casts his gaze upwards, towards the heavens, and then back to his sibling. He takes the quill and signs his name. "Very well. This I shall do, and in exchange my sun will shine for longer. However, where my sun shines upon the earth, those inhabiting it will be unable to see these smaller lights. Our deal is made." Arturus turns his attention to the sky, and begins making first hundreds, then thousands of different stars, in numerous colors and sizes. This done, he ***** his head to the side and thinks for a second before reaching out a hand, rearranging some of the stars into pictures. Constellations. That's what I'll call these pictures.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You turn your back for one day and everyone goes off making life...

Oh, and you don't necessarily need souls for sentience; the view that such a thing is necessary is distinctly Judeo-Christian. Ami's child? Soulless.

By the by, Ami already rounded the world - see my earlier posts. The language she speaks when striking deals isn't a special tongue; she's been firing off in the language of the things themselves. You'll notice it change later.

Ami whispers a pair of words, and the moon begins to turn on an axis, spinning slowly at first, and then moving faster and faster. The land buckles, pulled by lunar attraction, and the other gods get a distinct feeling of power - of their sister bending all of her divine will to a single task. Something cracks, deep in the rock of the planet, and it seems as if the pathetic, finite world must buckle under the strain it is under.

Then it stops.

There are a few moments of utter silence, where everything hangs in the balance, and then the world goes crashing back down, sending tiny waves of rock and soil through the newborn world. In front of Ami, the flower opens, revealing a lithe, female form with dragonfly wings and short, red hair. It flits up to Ami's hand and alights on one outstretched finger, and beneath it, the flower that birthed it releases a flood of pollen.

Welcome to life, Ami says gently. It's nice to meet you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

((hope nobody minds strange moons))

Morphos
    Morphos felt the power and saw his Moon start to rotate around the planet. He realised that it probably was a good idea for the moon to rotate. Moving away from the desert, he saw some trees, approached and examined them. Looking at the sky, which was still relatively barren, he took a tree and changed it. Now it was a cube, about the same size as the first moon, and he placed it in orbit and set it around the planet too, only this one went from North to South, and it went behind the other moon. Now, I wonder how well a cubical wooden moon works... better or worse than a round one. Morphos mused to himself. He hadn't changed the tree's colour, but it was no longer alive.

((I had planned for the first moon to be a cube, but thought it wouldn't work so well with the hole))

7. - Top - End - #97

Done and done! Thelyl turns his gaze to the sun, shielding his eyes from it momentarilly. The Dealer of Souls glares at the sun, altering it somewhat quaintly, dimming the heat a little as well as the light. That should at least a century or two to it's life. Thelyl's form falls to dust in a cascade, and blows away. The Dealer of Souls floats across the face of the world, arriving at Prithura's mountain range. Hello brother. I've got a bequest of you. We've got all these wonderful lights, but I doubt anyone down here will see them. What we need is a little bit more darkness. I'll stave off killing your childrens' children, but in exchange I need you to deepen the darkness for part of the day, perhaps less than half of the turning. Do we have an agreement? The still young Dealer of Souls produced a second contract and quill and proffered them to Prithura. Thelyl looked at the now rotating moon. How quaint. My home is mobile?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Average Joe

Joe was unable to sleep. Everyone was making so much noise! So he descended on the flat world and walked to a far away place: grassfields and gentle, rolling hills. The sight was appeasing to a simple man like Joe. He then created a wooden house for himself. It was a simple, ranch-style house. Happy with his work, Joe went inside where he found a comfy bed. He laid on the bed and closed his eyes.

9. - Top - End - #99

Spoiler
    Show

[QUOTE=Lord_Gareth;5338720]You turn your back for one day and everyone goes off making life...

Oh, and you don't necessarily need souls for sentience; the view that such a thing is necessary is distinctly Judeo-Christian. Ami's child? Soulless.
    ((I'm interpreting it in the case of a magic bullet method to sentience. Gods derive their power from belief. Right, so we can go on for a while without it aye? Or with primatives. but really sallient, sentient beings there? That's like Grade-A worship material right there.
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2008-11-22 at 01:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

Prithuhara

"Very well Theyl. I will accept your deal." he says signing the contract. He waves his hand summoning darkness to cover a little less than half the planet at all times, the opposite side that the planet that the sun is shining on. Turning back to Thelyl he says, "It needed more darkness anyway. I hope that is adequate."
    Last edited by Gourtox; 2008-11-22 at 01:44 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aergoth View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((I'm interpreting it in the case of a magic bullet method to sentience. Gods derive their power from belief. Right, so we can go on for a while without it aye? Or with primatives. but really sallient, sentient beings there? That's like Grade-A worship material right there.
    Spoiler
    Show

Demon never said we needed worship, so until he says otherwise, I'll assume we don't. In any event, Ami's child isn't Tinkerbell; she's more along the lines of Irish faeries, or maybe something out of C:tL - amoral, not evil. That's the thing about being soulless *grin*

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Odd, my first creation was practically the same thing...I sense something will happen soon

Pravus stops moving as the sky suddenly is filled with stars and the moons begin to move. She smiles "All is being put in place...this will be a fine time indeed."

The Ebonis establishes her first hive, taking the name of her race as her own name. The Hive is in a dark part of the forest, right next to a swamp, where insects and hiding places are bountiful.

Pravus looks around and with a wave of her hand the first birds appeared "Let your songs brighten the world, as much as the sun and flowers"

Spoiler
    Show
    She walks back to the clearing with the souls, she begins to examine the box, looking for a way to crack it open. For some of those are rightfully hers.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    While they might not need souls why don't we just as players agree not to create entire races until the world is a bit more formed-it seems a little early to me (hence why I asked before I created something ). I mean we really don't have much animal life and I've never heard of vegetarian orcs.

14. - Top - End - #104

Spoiler
    Show
    Tamper if you'd like. The consequences are all yours. It is by the way a solid box of divine force. It doesn't have a lid, and it will slowly but surely weaken until it is read to break.

And done! A pleasure doing business with you. Thelyl becomes a cascade of dust once again, and returns to his moon.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll stop expanding the Ebonis. They can eat birds and insects, and buries Just so ya'know.

"I wasn't tampering, I was merely examining your....fine handi-work" Pravus sets down the box carefully.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

16. - Top - End - #106

Prithuhara

Prithuhara leaves his mountians to go find Morphos in some trees."Greetings Morphos, I have come to make a request of you. I hear you are very good with moons and I would like one for myself. I'm not sure what I could do for you, but I'm sure we could find something." he says smiling.
    Last edited by Gourtox; 2008-11-22 at 03:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107

Spoiler
    Show

@Greystone stuff in the spoiler was all out of character. Just so you know. Like this is now

High above the world, now hovering between the spinning moon and the world below, Thelyl sighs and returns to his handiwork. Before him are thousands upon thousands of sheets of parchment hang in the air, invisible scribes with unseen quills writing dozens upon dozens of names in the all-tongue. Thelyl raises one hand and one by one, the scratching of quills ceases. From where he stands, the Dealer of Souls opens the empty covers of the book in front of him, and the pages begin to pour into it, affixing themselves to the spine of the immense tome. After a few moments the whispering of papers stops and Thelyl shuts the book with a muffled thud and steps away. As he does, the book begins to float behind him. Oh well. Alright then. You can come too. The suddenly young god says to the Book of Names.

18. - Top - End - #108

Arturus, finished with his other tasks, ponders the world for a moment. He sees the other gods making various animals, and thinks. He taps the side of his chin for a few seconds, thinking about what he could add. An idea pops into his head. Perfect. Arturus waves his hand over the plains, and a herd of new beasts arise from it. They prance about before rocketing forward, running simply for the sake of being alive. I shall name you...horses.

19. - Top - End - #109

Thelyl returns to the mountains, looking at the creatures created by Prithura. It is good, brother. Your children's children will die less than others, and so they will be many. Thelyl turns to look at two of the creatures fighting. They do seem inclined to fighting though. I believe I will have to deal with quite a few of these at a time. Do try to keep from an extinction event. They are so very messy.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryuii Rvia slowly reappears over Thelyl's shoulder. "Hey, brother. I've added my signature to the world, if you will, but I can't seem to create something with enough soul to really enjoy themselves. What do I find before me when I hunt them down but a box created by you, imprisoning all the souls.

Y'know, I'd love to believe that you have enough brotherly love to give your brother two souls to create a pair of Sylcor's masterpieces. But I know you, and I'm willing to make a deal.

If I can get two souls from that box, I can keep 'em. If I can't, I'll wait until everybody's had a chance to get their souls before making my stuff. Whadda ya say?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Lukahn shined upon the world with great power, his eyes carving a mighty encasement of crystal into the earth... full of the power of the sun. Then, with his mighty hand, he imbaued the power of the earth with life.... Within centuries a race of fully wise folk would come from the earth."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I did birds already...

- SurlySeraph

23. - Top - End - #113

The older Thelyl turns to see Rvia standing behind him. That box, Thelyl begins. His old voice rasps like dried sheets of parchment or scales. is there for a reason. Tamper with it at your own peril. I will not confound my own words by going back on them. The Roll of Names hovering over Thelyl's right shoulder suddenly snaps open, revealing glimmering text in the all-tongue that changes every moment. Yes, yes, I know what time it is. Confounded... give something a trace of sentience and it seems to think it knows what's best. Why not go make something that swims? You can surely find better ways to occupy yourself than bothering me. Time knows I could. With a gesture the Roll of Names snaps shut again and turns to dust along with it's master.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryuii Rvia shrugs. "Tamper with it at my own peril, eh? Sounds like an invitation to me..." He fades away again.

And fades back into the world smirk and emerald eyes first. He crouches before the box and whispers to it, words full of his divine power.

You exist, you exist, you exist, youdon'texist, youexist, you exist, you exist."

There is a flicker, barely a microsecond long, barely a blink even in the hightened senses of the gods, not nearly long enough to allow the spirits inside to escape or set off any divine trap. You would have to have all the luck in the world to grab something in that microsecond...

Ryuii Rvia Sylcor juggles the two souls between his fingers for a moment, before hiding them somewhere in his red-and-black vest. "Well, I didn't think I could actually pull that off..."

Spoiler
    Show
    What can I say? Ryuii Rvia's bored, and he's already made his totem animal - to be revealed later.

Hope I didn't trample on your plans there, Aergoth, but he won't reveal his creations until the opening of the box. Just to make sure things work out...
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

Morphos

Of course I shall make you a Moon Prihuhara! What shape, size colour do you wish it to be? Also, what material should it be made of? said Morphos. Then, Morphos created a creature, somewhat hippolike in appearance, and gave them the ability to change their form completely whilst not giving them true intelligence. Unfortunately, it didn't quite work, as without the ability to consciously use their abilities, they instantly dissolved into a constantly changing beast of weird anatomy. Oh, Moon!

((Basically, Morphos just accidentally created the Chaos Beast without intending to.))

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryuii Rvia retired to the islands he split off from a continent. They are lush and fruitful, with birds flitting between the trees, fish attracted to the warm bays and his new creatures padding along their own paths.

One of them greeted him, leaping upon him when he returned. Its fangs bit shallowly on his arm, its black-furred body bearing him down to the ground. He grinned, and hugged it. "Hey there, Batera, lord of panthers! How are you doing today? Feeling good? C'mon, follow me and I'll show you what I'll be working on."

He strolled along the hidden paths, Batera at his side. Finally they arrived at the house that Ryuii Rvia had built for himself - a sprawling mansion made of trees growing together and matted reeds upon the floors. He continued through several rooms before coming to the center of the house - an open-roofed courtyard that the house was built around.

There, he sat down on a wooden bench and began to weave together his creations with rainbow threads of divine power. It would take weeks to get the two right, so he'd take his time and do his best work. As with everything he did, it was enjoyable work, watching as slowly his creations came together. They would be beautiful, lucky, have true friends, would fall to temptation and be redeemed. He disliked having to include sorrow and the chance to fall into darkness, but unless they were in the design there could be no true joy, no true redemption and forgiveness. They would have a streak of law and a streak of chaos, the ability to build cities and true friendships while still being able to create their own countries and choose their own path in life. They would love play and games, but they would also be able to find enjoyment and pleasure in necessary and proper work, finding honoring and laboring to help those around them would be the source of the truest joy. And they would be able to defy destiny, and they could go wherever they wished, do whatever they set their minds to.

It would take a long time to finish and mastercraft them, but oh! it would be worth it. It would be worth it indeed. The souls kept in his vest thrummed with power, as they sensed their bodies being created, but they would have to wait until the creatures were perfected.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

Prithuhara

"I would like the moon to be black sphere shaped moon with a red tinge to it and I want it to be made of stone and be a quarter of the size of the planet." he says now eager to make his moon.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Morphos

All right then, I shall create your moon. Morphos then created the moon to Prithuhara's specifications, although he didn't see the point of round. Never mind, it was obviously a popular shape. He went to see how the creatures he had created were doing. They were omnivorous, so were surviving quite well, even if it was only in the plains. They were now reproducing too, by splitting in half. Well, you creatures really are chaotic beasts, aren't you? Hmm... Chaos beast, should I call them? Yes, I believe I will. said Morphos to nobody in particular.

((they don't have the ability to turn people into more Chaos beasts, btw))

29. - Top - End - #119

Finally finished with the roll of names, Thelyl sat down and worked with what he had. From the stone of the moon he built the frame of his creation. Scraps of paper with notes in the all-tongue formed it's hide. The curious mannequin would to. As Thelyl finished, the scraps of writing began to glow, and shift.
    Interesting. Very interesting.

30. - Top - End - #120

Prithuhara

"Thank you Morphos." he said then went to his moon. He began carving intricate tunnels and caverns within the moon."Once these souls are released I will create my minions.