New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Breakdown - A Hunger for the End (NWoD)

Sera

I'm pretty sure most of us know how to handle our own weapons.
    Sera says as she reloads her gun and gets back on the bus.
    You aren't the only one here who's dealt with zombies before you know.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Samuel "Rat" Jones:

Samuel, who was still on the rooftop of the bus, took a good look at whatever or whoever was on the roof and if it was an Alpha (or two Alphas) would give a shot to the alpha in question, (his last bullet) before going inside the bus.

OOC: Only one success. >_>;;

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

Max Homily

After having cleared off the clingers on his side of the bus, Max is making way back into the armored wagon when he notices the undead coming from around the building. He hears orders shouted but for the moment, they make no sense to him as he rushes for the inside of the bus.

Why did I ever sign up for this? floats to the surface of his mind, but he tugs it back down. Now is not the time for second guesses and backing out. "Hold it together and everything will be fine," passes from his lips, a low mumble to himself.

Max waits within for further orders, peering outside at the oncoming group of walking corpses. He was a little bit too pre-occupied with the horde and internal monologue to notice the thing dangling from the antenna on the roof.
    Thanks to kpenguin for the avatar.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia "Hawkeye" Reegans

Alicia reloads her SMG, just to pick up the rifle shortly after, and head for the rooftop of the bus. She raises her eyebrows to Sera's comment, but decides to remain silent. As she reaches the rooftop, she will first use the scope of the rifle to see what is crawling up the antenna and what is under it's arm.
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jack 'Titus' Paulson

Getting back into the Bus, Titus ignored the instructions to the others about the person climbing up with something under there arm and set to cleaning the blood off his sword
    Still here, just a little busy to social post

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by: drKarling, The_Chilli_God and The_Chilli_God

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

On the rooftop is a manic-eyed infected that must have stolen the grenades from inside - mostly because it is holding them now, with one already plucked from the bundle. Samuel's shot catches it below the shoulder but it continues to heft a grenade menacingly.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia "Hawkeye" Reegans

Seeing the danger of the granade-holding infected, Alicia adjusts her aim to the zombie's head, and after a few seconds of preparation, shoots what she expects to be a mortal bullet.

((8 succeses))
    Last edited by Silverkiss; 2008-11-29 at 10:10 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

The zombie winds up to toss an explosive surprise when Alicia "Hawkeye" takes its head clean off.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Rashad Barthez

Rashad moves up the wagon to stand besides the driver's seat. The view of infected rushing towards them was much better up here. "Get us moving Thurman," Rashad says, in a rather quiet voice. He wanted to have the man ram the crowd head on, to hear the crunch that their disgusting flesh and bone made under the wheels of the bus.

But this wasn't the time for that. When Rashad spoke again his voice was his normal flat tone. "To the right side of the swarm, keep as far to the edge as you can, we want to get away, not into the crowd."

Turning he looked at the others farther back the bus.

"Everyone, left side of the bus, man the murder hoels! Prepare to repel clingers!"
    "Buddy, if I bothered to think like that would I be standing here today with an octopus-god larva growing out of my neck?"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

"Since things can't possibly get any worse, Red Mage, we turn to you."
    "Prepare to be proved wrong!"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia "Hawkeye" Reegans

Alicia came back down into the bus, changing once again from the rifle to the SMG and getting into position, following the captain's orders.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Samuel "Rat" Jones:

After getting safely down and re-loaded, followed the captain's orders. Honestly though this one was just plain common sense.

12. - Top - End - #102

Titus

Having cleaned his blade and checked that it was still in good condition, Titus made his was over to the murder holes and placed his sword by one of the slots ready to drive his sword in.

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

Max Homily

Max nods in Rashad's direction, shakes his head as if to get rid of unwanted thoughts and moves over to the left side for the imminent "broadsides attack."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

Sera

Sera reloads her gun and moves over to the murder holes, preparing to shoot some zombies.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

The bus cut loose across the sparse distance between it and the horde. With guns blazing, it slashed a path alongside the mob and there was a sudden boom as the grenades the roofclimber zombie had been planning to toss went off.

They didn't detonate like normal grenades, but had apparently been modified for demolition work as they tore apart earth and metal and unliving flesh with the same zeal. It rained limbs across the roaring vehicle which had just carved its way out of the blast radius an instant before.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Rashad Barthez

Rashad held tight to a hand grip, watching the spectical outside the windows with supressed glee. Serious as the situation was watching Alpha get blasted and crushed always picked him up.

The blast was a surprise, to say the least. That much damage from a small device was interesting. More interesting was why they would be at this facility. Or why missiles for that matter.

It looked like they wouldn't find out now though, that blast had more or less dropped the building in on itself.

"Get us out of here," Rashad said with a slight sigh, he had to raise his voice a little over the echoing of gun fire. "Fire at will till we're free and clear of the swarm," he shouted back at the troops before turning to the driver again. "Get us out of sight of the horde, then we're pulling over. I want to debrief before we leave the area."
    "Buddy, if I bothered to think like that would I be standing here today with an octopus-god larva growing out of my neck?"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

17. - Top - End - #107

Jack 'Titus' Paulson

"What the hell was that" Titus exclaimed as he moved to get a better look behind the bus. "No *bleep*ing way I could make something do that, how the hell could they" as he paced back and forth running his free hand through his hair. Sitting down and methodically cleaning his blade. "With any luck the designer of that was killed by it and those missiles aren't going to blow"

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

The dust settles and a good chunk of the shed is taken out. Parts of the downstair facility is exposed and visible among the settling flames. The remains of the horde are on fire or completely dismembered altogether.

The tech guy looks over his laptop. "Signal coming in. I jacked one of their radios. Eheh. I was part of the crew that hijacked the monitoring equipment here for SANITY. Weren't supposed to know..."

The radio roars out with static for a moment and then the message comes through: "Robertson, Johnson! What's taken you so long? Doesn't matter now, you were supposed to bomb the sensor station before we were detected! Pull yourselves together and return to base. Launch imminent."
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-12-01 at 09:49 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Rashad Barthez

Rashad turned to listen to the static and the message which followed. Imminent? How imminent? Ten seconds imminent? A minute imminent? And where were they aimed? Unpleasent surprises all around.

"Try and trace that. Source direction if you can."

Rashad then turned to the other members of the team. Things where moving fast and he needed to catch up to them. He snapped open his briefcase and removed his own laptop to review the data he'd copied from the facility systems. He addressed the others, even though his eyes where on his screen.

"Corporation guards wanted this place gone. They wanted those missiles launched. If they want something it's probably bad for the rest of us. Debrief, here and now. I want to know whatever anybody saw and thought from the moment we stopped to right now. Specifics. We need a plan of action and we need it quickly."
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

20. - Top - End - #110

Jack 'Titus' Paulson

"Can we broadcast on their channel?, If we pretend to be independents we may find out more of what they were doing. Stumbled upon the place and found the bodies eaten inside out, unusual AoI activity. Feed them half truths to stall and gather info" Titus said getting to his feet.
    Turning to look at Rashad he said "Stopped, got off, walked in and saw bodies in a state not normal of AoI victims, cleared surroundings until quake and fell back to here" listing the key points, "Things amiss, the condition of the bodies and that the AoI seem to have made a satchel charge
    Last edited by Chineselegolas; 2008-12-02 at 08:24 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

Max Homily

Max stands on the bus, holding onto a hand rail up near the luggage compartments. He looks at Titus as he speaks, disbelief in his eyes.

"These dead things can make bombs? Even if not, what are explosives even doing out here? What a mess..." He sighs and turns towards Rashad.

"You know, I saw some reports on the news before the TV went out and my university's campus was attacked. They were saying that those G.I. guys, Genesis something...Incorporated or Industrial, something like that, caused this whole mess. I'm sure you know more about all this than me. Anyways, those guys that were all messed up in the station were part of that group, right? That was SANITY's station, wasn't it? What was G.I. doing there then?" He pauses as if to collect his thoughts. Twirling his hand in the air, he starts to speak again in a strained voice, shaking his head a little manically.

"This little sensor repair mission or whatever the heck we were supposed to do out here has gotten out of hand. Shouldn't we call for backup or something? I mean, with these G.I. guys and their own little black ops group running amok, this is a little over our heads..." Max rubs his eyes wearily with his free hand.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Looking mighty confused, he added: "Alpha's can do what now? What's with the bombs? What the hell is going on?"

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia "Hawkeye" Reegans

While she checks over her weapons and the surroundings of the bus, Alicia listens to what her comrades have to say. She ponders over something for a minute, before entering the conversation.

"I have never seen anything like that before, infecteds manipulating fine objects like that. The creature seemed to know what he was doing; he seemed ready to throw some grenades. It could have been just coincidence, but nevertheless it is something to worry about." - Silence follows for a short while, before Alicia continues - "I don't know. I have no idea what to do next. We need more information."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

Rashad Barthez

Rashad snapped his laptop closed. "Continue monitoring, don't respond." He'd much rather that the corp guards didn't know they where here. They were unpredicable and dangerous people. And his team was messing around with something they'd wanted kept a secret, apparently. "If we can find out more, so be it but for the moment we'll stay out of sight if possible."

He faced the team proper, considering their words carefully. "Alpha don't create explosives. It's a basic assumption that they do not have the mental or physical capability to produce anything significant. We may have to reexamine that assumption if what you say is true. I'd rather that not be the case. What did you find in the side room before the quake?"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

Alicia "Hawkeye" Reegans

"Oh, yes. I had forgotten about that. Sorry." - Alicia scratches her head, a confused look in her face, but quickly regains her composure and tells the rest of the team what was saw in the side room - "Well, the only things on the side room were a lot of lockers and the grenades that infected was holding. They were up in a table, all connected to a detonator. I don't think there was any other way out, there were no passages in the room, but I could be mistaken. We had to come back running as soon as we got there."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Rashad Barthez

"Then we can assume that the devices where placed by the soldiers. That still leaves the rather displeasing notion of an Alpha who knows how to work a grenade.To even comprehend the use of the device is beyond formerly defined 'normal' Alpha behavior. Let us hope it is a unique situation.

That beings as it may, we are left with the problem that corporate guards where at the facility and are, likely, closeby somewhere. Their soldiers don't work with us, they behave in strange ways, and most importantly they are the ones who released the AoI. Consider them hostals unless directed otherwise."
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

Max Homily

"So these G.I. guys are not good...yeah...I can see that." Max sniffles. "So now we have to worry about bad guys with high tech weaponry plus the walking dead. Oh yes, and we may be dealing with a new kind of zombie, some kind of zombie that can use tools. Well, that doesn't seem so far-fetched actually, that would actually put them on the level of apes, simians, and so on. Which, is really not a good thing for if they can figure out that, what else can they do? Are they changing or are we just now discovering these special types? Man, I should be writing this stuff down..." He trails off, his voice losing its manic edge as he digs out a legal pad and starts making notes. A kind of calm comes over him as he shifts into a more familiar state.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Samuel "Rat" Jones:

Samuel, who had otherwise been anxious suddenly looked relieved, it was an odd experience, but he suddenly felt better ... he was surrounded by competent people, this made him feel better, at least these people had passed the damn tests. He smiled, not broadly, but it was a weak smile.

"So we got evolved Alphas? ... Alpha Alphas?" he sighed, and leaned back. "I don't know about what we are going to do, but a lot of stuff has been happening that don't make sense ... red water, Alpha Alphas, missile launchers, and the Genesis guys ... but the fact remains, we also got to survive, and if we're going to get smacked again, we need to do something about surviving the night, keeping in mind that we need to not get blown up now too."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

Rashad Barthez

"The 'corpse guards' are sealed in with the rest of us but they don't work with us. They follow their own goals and, given the past, SANITY doesn't trust them. It hasn't been totally confirmed but we think they may have killed other survivers as well. General lesson: stay away from them whenever possible.

As for the AoI... unusual Alphas have existed for sometime but they haven't demonstrated significant mental function, only physical mutations or deformities. While they've done strange things they haven't mimiced human ability in any real way. Til now. An Alpha might wield a chunk of something as a weapon on occation, or open a door, or even moan something like words; the theory is that its left over fragments of memory. None of them have been able to pick up a mechanical device and weild it as intended.

Jones is right. We need to finish this and return to report. Anything the corpse guard wants is likely bad for us. So first mission: stop those missles if at all possible."
    Last edited by Tadanori Oyama; 2008-12-05 at 11:50 PM.
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

The shed begins to tilt inward slightly from the damage and a large crack works its way across the ground almost one hundred feet. Suddenly that area gives out and a section of earth slips downward out of sight. The flames in the sparse grass around the blast zone die out and the darkness continues onward.