New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: LoC: Chains of Aeon - IC

Wyrmfather

Alighting on his great wings the Wyrmfather looked down upon the world below. The world was new, he could tell, and he was not yet powerful enough to bring the perfection that would be his children to this world. It did not matter, however, for the world was in a pitiful state. It was not yet WORTHY of his children. In time he would call forth his sons and daughters from the hallowed halls of his own divine might, but until that time, he would wait and gather his strength. Even for a being such as he bringing such radiance to the world was hard work, and the Wyrmfather needed to be prepared to fend off the petty jealousies of the lesser beings of this world when his children were born...

Flying low, the Wyrmfather located a cave in a massive mountain. He flew low, and entered the cave. He noticed that it lead down... down... down so very deep. In the stygian depths of this crude world, he would bide his time. And so he walked for many hours, never tiring, until he reached a place far down in the world. He noticed other creatures here, weak little things, as worthless compared to him as dust to a perfectly crafted diamond. But if he was to rule over this world, all creatures would need to learn to worship him, the sooner the better. And so he waited until they had located the deep cave where he dwelled. They were awed by his might and magnificence. He showed them the barest hint of his power, a paultry display for any divine being, for him even less so, but it humbled these little creatures, and they recognized his greatness. In time they begun to pray to him, and bring him treasures to appease him... and appease him it did, though not fully. And so the Wyrmfather waited, and in the depths the young Stone Dwarves brought him baubles and objects, and he in turn granted them minor boons. He would wait here, yes, and when the time his ripe he would show the world the might that was the Dragon Source...
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Apocos. Somewhere. Not like there are many places to be anyway.

Apocos woke up, opening eyes it did not have, roaring from a mouth it did not possess, cracking the rust of bones that were not his own.

And Apocos made the world shudder. It sundered the oceans and forced the sea floor up, it made these new, southern lands Erupt with the bile of the world.

(0 = 6-6: Greater Shape Land x2. Eight squares of control.

5 Squares of continental mass created.
    2 Squares altered to hold mountain ranges.
    1 square of the mountain ranges changed to be violently volcanic.

Location... Location... Well, the sourthernmost end of the map, bellow the solitary island (far bellow).)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

~Aarshiya & The Imp King~

"I am imperfect because you have made me so." Aarshiya turned towards the Imp King's voice, movements sure though she could not see. "I see nothing, because you have made me so. And yet...I think I could see everything...can see everything. The truth of things...this is what you want me to know, not what coats the surface of them and keeps me from that truth. And you made me to be like you..."

Then she smiled a little, and her voice was faintly amused and faintly rebuking. "There...is no underneath, not yet..." She lifted her head, tilting it back. "There is no...anything, yet. Not really. Just us...and this world. And the others...tell me about it." And now, in her voice, there was the faintest hint of longing as she lowered her head and reached out her hand in the direction the Imp King's voice had come from last.

"Father...tell me about it. I want to know this place that you have brought me to."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

"Go and observe them for yourself. They're so loud, you'll have no trouble finding them."

He reaches out to touch her extended hand to let her know where he is. He moved deftly and silent, so he was hard to track - even for someone with preternatural senses.

"The charming one is my sister Tresnaya. And the aloof one is Tanafriti. There are others now." He shakes his head. "They move swiftly; so much has changed so fast. For so long, there were only the three of us. Now we have this world and already it teams with life."

Smarmily, "I'm not sure which I prefer."
    I apologize for drawing CockroachTeaParty as a winged centaur.

5. - Top - End - #35

"You must prefer life, in some sense...after all, you created me. And I am alive, the same as you...though, we are not the same. We are different, but we are different together, away from the others."

Her fingers curled around his hand, silent, a reassurance that he was still there; she tilted her head back again and listened. Listened for the others, for their sounds, for their voices and movements; she could hear the waves, and the wind, and above it all--far in the distance--she could hear the groaning of the earth as it was molded and changed by a...something.

Her attention turned away from that, from that noise, turned elsewhere; she could hear thunder, hear the sound of raindrops hitting the ocean and mingling with it, and could feel someone there. Another someone...close to her. Well. Closer. And less dynamic than the world-changing force working to the south.

"...Father...what makes the sound of water against water? Why does it fall?"

There were so many things she wanted to know, so many things she wanted to learn: Why do the waves stir the way they do? Why does the earth make the noises it does? Why did the wind blow, when there was nothing blowing it?

All of these things and more she wanted to learn, and she gently released the Imp King's hand as her head turned towards the sound of the rain.

"I want to know what it is...I want to know what all of this is and why it is. I need to know..."
    Last edited by hi-mi-tsu; 2008-11-23 at 02:37 AM. Reason: needed to add

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

The birds began to sing. It was a simple, clear melody, and worthy of being the world's first song. And then the birds were joined in their singing by a strange but melodic noise.

Leaning against a nearby tree stands the creator of this noise, holding a "D" shaped piece of golden wood with strings running from top to bottom. He runs his fingers along the strings, and the noise they make complements and perfects the birdsong. He finishes with a dramatic flourish and opens his eyes, pushing his unruly golden hair out of them.

For a god, his appearance is not threatening or awe-inspiring. His clothing is worn and patched with leaves, and a shapely stick of metal hangs by his side. However, his smile is warm and his instrument is beautiful.

He smiles at Tome-La. "Hello! Would you mind telling me where I am?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Skaldi, Under the Tree Again
    "Well what be this? Another god has entered the world? That's amazing! What is your name, god of song?"
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-11-23 at 10:32 AM.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

8. - Top - End - #38
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

"At Last"

And as the world was made, the divine power seeped into it. It ran through the cracks and suffused this new planet with energy...and life.

From the first pooling of this energy, this primordial soup of power, a sentience emerged.

Though the strange throbbing liquid could hardly be considered as having a thought process yet, it KNEW one thing: it must accumulate more.

And so it spread, from the first strange puddle, somewhere far beneath the surface of the rocky body at the bottom of the deep water, that moved of its own accord, slurping up as much of the liquid as it could, guided by an internal compass, always pointing the way to the closest vein of goo. It oozed its way to the surface of the land, still deeply submerged, and trawled along the sea floor, growing. As it grew in size, it grew in power. And it grew in mind.

And now it had the final piece.

"At last."

When at last all the residual energies had coalesced into one being, the puddle surged together, into one titanic sphere, and then it thought:

So...what do I do now?

And then it sped away, gaining speed as it went, shooting far out of the water, out of the atmosphere, out into the heavens themselves. When at last it could move no further, it stopped to survey its surroundings.

It beheld a world, a planet, small in the distance, covered mostly by water. It beheld a sun, a bright shininy orb, pulsating with intense heat and energy. It beheld creatures of great power moving about, imposing their will around. It beheld what it could do, and what it should do.

And so it descended, first to meet the land, a place untouched by most except the birds and bees and plants.

"Hmm, what have we here...?

Nemo saw a few withered out plants, the remains of a bird that had crashed into a tree, a dead ox, having eaten a fell berry. "Waste here, and nothing to clean it up. Nothing to reuse it. This, I shall have to change. But first..." and with that Nemo made himself insubstantial, caught a draft of wind, and zoomed away to a mysterious flying beast it had seen earlier.

Arriving at the mighty Wyrmfather, or at least where he had been, first only an invisble point, swelling as the rest of his matter caught up with him, Nemo quickly took the form himself of a massive dragon, a shadowy reflection of the other, every feature the same, on the opposite side, and every color the reverse, and began to seek him out in the nearby caves.

Strange small beings quaked in his presence, truly as titanic and terrifying as The Dragon himself, and heralded him toward the other, unsure what else to do in the situation. And so at last Nemo stood before the Dragon Source.

"This truly is an impressive form you have. I am pleased by the effect it has on these small ones. I had seen you earlier, and was inspired by the sight. You must be among the mightiest in these lands. My name is Nemo, which means nameless. It is a name of no names, and I am a form of no forms. And so I enjoy your form, a form of power, formidability, ability, and strength." pausing a bit to let this sink in... "Tell me, what is your name, and what are your goals, and what you would like from me, and what you would do for me."
    Kira desu

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

The god of music seems taken aback. "My name? ...Mokaan will do as good as any other name. I like the sound of that... Mokaan. Yes. It will do. Who might you be?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

10. - Top - End - #40

Tome-La, Under the Tree

Unable to hold in whatever excitement was inside him, Tome-La gestures and shouts, "Brilliant, another such as ourselves!"

Tome-La bows before the Mokaan, flashing his pointy teeth as he says, "Greetings Mokaan, I and him are Tome-La and Skaladi.

I was about to give a performance, but it seems you beat me to the very first song. I guess this means I'll have to give the last, ahhh?

As for where we are, we are on land, there's a lot of it springing up lately. If there's going to be a lot of it springing up, we'd better have a way to tell them apart than saying 'this one' or 'that one' or 'the one that looks like a bug if you squint reeeeally hard'. No, that would make things confusing."

Tome-La stamps his foot, kicking up dust. He points his fingers at the ground under him and says, "This land will be Skalnaya, after Skaladi and Tresnaya (You'll meet her later)."

Tome-La points his finger toward the land made of cooled chaos matter (let's say it's a bit north west if no one has placed it on the map), "That land over there will be Tome, after handsome me (I made that before I woke up)."

Tome-La shifts a foot far in front of the other, sweeping his hands toward the far horizons, "The lands that are forming over there I do not know, but their creators can name them. Let's hope it's something nice and pronounceable, and without apostrophes."

Tome-La repositions himself in proper standing form, he dusts himself off before speaking again, "That settles things, at least in name. Have you noticed all this rumbling? Either someone is hungry, or there's more construction being done," Tome-La grabs a bug in mid-flight and speaks through the chewing, "I know that I'm not hungry. Oh, and do forgive my rudeness for speaking with my mouth full, I sometimes can't help but act out. Don't feel afraid to have some of your own. Now... What could be making that rumbling?"
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather

The Great Dragon looked over the newcomer with undisguised derision. He spoke in a great booming voice that almost hurt the ears to hear, but at the same time was as beautiful and sonorous as any noise you could believe possible to create, when he spoke it was in a tongue that Nemo could not understand, but it translated in his mind. As it was heard in his mind it was a strange double-echo, a male and female voice at once that did not sound like his true voice, but was beautiful and mesmerizing all the same. My form is not merely "impressive"; it is perfection, for I am perfection and my form is so as well. Though any form I take would be the penultimate of that type, this form, my TRUE form, is as nothing this world has ever seen, and will never see besides me. I bear many names, but you... you shall know me as Zanathul, the Wyrmfather. My goal is that the gods of this realm recognize me for the King I rightfully am, that in the future my children will be seen and revered as the perfect beings they will be, and that all will know that I and my children are the most glorious gift the entirety of the multiverse could give them. As to what you could do for me... well, that depends really what CAN you do for me? And in exchange for what you can do for me, what would you expect in return?

The great Wyrm lifted an eyebrow, waiting a response from the mirror image.

12. - Top - End - #42

Skaldi, Under the Tree
    "Well, Mokaan, I am deeply honored by your birth, and I'd love to chat with ye in a second, but I have ta go check up on my little people, I'll be right back" Skaldi said as he went to the Stone Dwarf Cave. Inside, the little people were happy and playing around mostly. When they saw the god, they began writing in the dirt. It looked as though a few of them traveled to another cave, which appeared as though a large flying lizard went into as well. Skaldi, however, didn't mind. He was sure the lizard wouldn't hurt the Stone Dwarves.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

*Imp King and Aarshiya: Tresnaya's Island*

The Imp King places his hands on his hips and spend a moment in consideration, then beckons to his daughter. Her questions were ignored, she would learn everything in time without his pampering.

"We'll go together and espy the work of the others."

He takes her hand and the two are spirited away to Tresnaya's island where they walk together and bear witness to the new flora and fauna. On their outing, the Imp King spots a lone munok and snatches up the round little creature before it can escape. He turns over the terrified thing his hands and prods at it.

"What a crude creation..." he murmurs, then drops the frightened munok to the ground and lets it scamper away without further molestation. He might have handed it off to his daughter, but he didn't find it very interesting himself.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2008-11-24 at 01:06 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Pohloh

He heard Fara the munok's harowing tale and set out to find this 'giant monster bigger than the sun.' He looked high and low for such a beast, but the only oddity he found was a pair of gods like himself.

"You haven't seen a monster larger than Grandmother's sun around here, have you, strangers?"

15. - Top - End - #45

~Aarshiya and the Imp King, exploring!~

Aarshiya walked with the Imp King on the island built by his sister and expanded upon by Skaldi, breathing in the air and the scent of the plants that grew around them. Everything was wild, here, uncontrolled...she could hear the small thing that her father picked up fleeing from them, crashing through the underbrush and disappearing.

"...Everything is so...untidy. There are so many things, here..." She paused and lifted her head, feeling the warmth filtering through the trees and hearing the trilling and chirping and singing of the different birds. Beneath the birds was the buzz of insects, and beneath that the faint hum of conversation; all of these things layered on top of one another and flooded her, and she smiled.

"This is so...interesting. Ill-done, hastily constructed...but it is full of potential, these lands, these trees, the things living in the forests and in the mountains. And all of these things..." She paused, then, and turned her head back in his direction.

"They worked together. Well...not together, in the sense that they settled down and discussed what they wished to do, but...this earth beneath my feet feels different, sounds different, then the tree I touched with my fingertips, and that feels different and sounds different from the birds..." She paused again, and her smile faded into something contemplative.

"If this can be made from many gods working independently of one another, how much more beautiful would something be by gods who worked together...?"

16. - Top - End - #46

Skali, returning to the other gods
    Skaldi walked back to the two gods, content with his overseeing of his people, and told them politely "They're alright, a little bit scared of a big flying lizard in one of their sister-caves, but other than that its alright. So, what are you gonna do for the mortal world, Mokaan?"

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

*Imp King and Aarshiya, disturbed by Pohloh*

The Imp King fluttered his wings and traversed the distance between him and Pohloh where he looked him up and down. He folds his arms behind his back and pace back and forth, keeping that one bright eye on Pohloh.

"If there were a monster bigger than the sun, I would suppose it would still be in view. Wouldn't you? Alas, I see no monsters here, colossal or otherwise."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Pohloh looks about, pauses, and bursts out laughing.

"OHO-HOHO! Too true, stranger! How foolish of me! He must have been exaggerating! Silly little munok. Excuse my abruptness, sir, my name is Pohloh, and these are my lands and the munok my people. Tell me, bandaged one, what is your name, and have you a realm filled with little ones?"

19. - Top - End - #49

Tome-La, Under that Tree (We're gonna have to make it big and name it Charlie or something)

Tome-La rubs his chin, bringing his goatee to a point.

"Large lizard you say? I haven't seen anything like that running around... They must look dreadful to be hiding in caves.

I'll go take a look."

Tome-La walks through the cave, stopping every now and then to pick up a dwarf and move it someplace else. A few times he kicks the slow ones that get in his way.

Tome-La wanders until he comes across the giant lizard, a terrible Wyrm. It was indeed dreadful to look at, but Tome-La couldn't help but keep gazing with a smile. He calmly walks up the dragon's spine, dodging its whipping tail and slashing claws before standing at its muzzle and bowing.

Tome-La will allow this being to have the first word, something told him its either the best or worse idea. Win-win either way.
    Last edited by Moose Fisher; 2008-11-23 at 08:28 PM.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Ignoring the question and cunningly evades being prompted about his own name. "You made these...creatures? Oh, well they're certainly cute, aren't they? They're very nearly made in our own image. Perhaps a bit short and round...and maybe too pink." He snaps his fingers twice, as if struck by brilliance. "You know what they need?"

He immediately cradles his head in his hand and wags a free finger at Pohloh. "Oh no, no no...we can't do thaaat."
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2008-11-23 at 08:32 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Aarshiya laughed. She couldn't help it. Monsters larger than the sun? The little thing was talking about monsters larger than the sun, but it was only her Father...that was all.

She turned towards the voice that is not her Father--this "Pohloh" fellow--and laughed again. "Your people I can see, for you made them and they feel like you. But how can you call this your lands, when the ground was made by someone not you, and the birds were made by someone not you, and the bugs were made by someone not you? How can it truly be 'your' land?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Pohloh's mask lifts a little at the last of the bandaged newcomer's remarks. "Goddess, I call them my lands because I raised these forests up from barren rock, and filled them with thinking life and a foe to challenge that life.

"What? What do they need, Stranger? And why can't we do that? Of course we could! We can do anything! We're GODS!"
    Last edited by Vadin; 2008-11-23 at 08:40 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Sullen. "Oh, but it's because of the other gods. They might become jealous. Especially if..."

Again he touches his hand to his forehead and sighs. "Aah! But, I dare not even speak it. For your own good, Pohloh..."

He nods matter-of-factly and his one eye seems to convey an immense amount of sympathy and understanding.

24. - Top - End - #54

"...We can do anything...?" Aarshiya tilted her head, amused smile still playing about her lips. "Well, of course we can. Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should, though..."

She fell silent, after that, listening to her father masterfully work this new god. He certainly felt interesting, but after the Imp King he was just...loud.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Pohloh shakes his spear violently at this god he has dubbed Stranger. "Tell me of your plan! Let me worry about my own good! Risk and change are necessary for the advancement of everything! What is your plan, Stranger?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather

At a time like this, one would expect the Wyrmfather, cruel, tyrannical, and utterly arrogant creature that he is, to react with earth shattering violence toward the UNtoward arrival of this new god, but instead he was calm, collected, and in control... Too calm. Gently reaching up he plucked the god from his head, his massive clawed "hand" easily gripping the god almost fully. Bringing it up near his face, he smiled a cruel smile, like a cat playing with a mouse, a smile that his children and his childrens children and so on would effect, it would be a smile that adventurers and travelers alike would learn to fear. He spoke in his great voice, beautiful and terrible, and like Nemo the words were incomprehensible, but translated in his mind in the same odd fashion. Tell me small one, give me a reason why I should not merely kill you hear and now, in one of any manner of horrible fashions, and steal your power for my own?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Alemar, The Atmosphere

Alemar watched idly as the other gods went about their business. He saw the new lands rise up, and the stranger talking to Tome-La and Skaldi. Then he noticed Pohloh and his creations, and the two new gods speaking to him. Curious, he flew down towards them silently. He came to a hover a few inches off the ground behind the woman.

Speaking softly, he spoke to her. "Greetings. I don't believe we've met before. My name is Alemar, of the Airs. What's your name?"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

*Imp King, Pohloh, Aarshiya and now Alemar: Rainforests of Tress's Island*

Mockingly taken aback. "Please, please...there's no need to resort to violence, my friend."

Sullen, dreary voice, "Very well, you've forced it out of me." He slips in closer to where he presumes an ear on Pohloh to be.

"First..." whisperwhisper
    "And then..." whisperwhisper
    "Of course they'll..." whisperwhisper
    "But, you see, if..." whisperwhisper
    "And I'm not sure how the whole thing works, myself. But you're a smart god, you can figure out the details. On your own."

He steps back and throws up his hands, feigning powerlessness. "And, I'd love to help. I really would...I just don't see what I could possibly do." He sighs and busies himself with passing a slender coin shaped Amethyst over his fingers - a mote of his divine power. Many ideas had been planted in Pohloh's head, the Imp King just had to wait to see which would bear fruit.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2008-11-24 at 01:05 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Tome-La, In Da Cave

Tome-La mocked a look of deep thought. He smiled in an attempt to imitate the dragon god and said, "Either you can't see what I really am, or not seeing me as you want to see me and not deciding to ignore me.

You also wouldn't want my power, because it's what makes me so lovable... Unless you want to be a lovable, shining being."

Tome-La lowered his voice so Nemo couldn't hear, "It's ok if you do, I can keep secrets... unless those are truths... I forgot the difference. Maybe it's lies I keep?

It's also rude to treat a guest in the way you are implying. I just came to say hi, followed by a goodbye once we exchange a few words. So now we're in the middle, with many paths to follow.

At least know that my name is Tome-La before I leave, and I made lots of things outside this dark dark cave... Unless dark dark is reality and bright bright is false... If the sun goes out we get dark dark right? Right.

Can I also mention you have nice things on your body? Those are scales? You should put those on something... Or at least let me do it. Big Monitor Lizards... Itty bitty snakes.... FISH! SCALLOPS! SALAMANDERS! SWEET SLIMY BUG JUICE! YELLOW!

Oh dear, what am I talking about?

You'd better speak up before I start talking again... I just can't help myself."
    Last edited by Moose Fisher; 2008-11-23 at 09:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Aarshiya was a little surprised by the sudden sound of another voice behind her, and the feeling of another presence; she frowned a little, not wanting to turn away from the conversation in front of her, but did so anyway and smiled at the the god behind her.

"Hello. My name is Aarshiya, of...nothing. I don't know what I am 'of'...unless I am 'of' my Father, who made me. Did you make the birds? You feel like they feel...and the bugs, too, you feel like they feel."