New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: LoC: Chains of Aeon - IC

Jiryiin with Mokaan

Jin devours his entire chunk of roast bear loin in one bite and grins devilishly at Mokaan. "That's better, not that I'm one for formalities." Jin ravishes the rest of his food then wipes his mouth on his sleeve and sits back up, his eye and highlights shifting to a violet. "Although I am. I am Jiryiin, The Mysterious Genius and The Fundamental Genius." Mokaan rises an eyebrow at the monotony and Jin can do nothing but shrug. "I'm afraid that it wasn't my idea." Jin's eye and highlights once again shift to a crimson red. "Although it was mine. Now grab that rock to your left and toss it here." Mokaan does as he is told and Jin in turn hurls the rock back at Mokaan. He would have cracked Mokaan's skull if it weren't for his divine reflexes and Jin cackles in glee. "HAHA! Nice one!" Jin's highlights and eye shift to a forest green and he bows apologetically. "Forgive me, I don't know how to control myself at times." Jin sits back down and refills his plate and once again gestures for Mokaan to situate himself. "Please, sit so we may discuss these... things as you call them. And enjoy my cooking, it should help as a physical aid to our discussion."
    Last edited by Fierywasabi231; 2008-11-25 at 10:17 PM.
    Seriously. Do it.

Life is hard, life is harder when you're stupid
    Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Awsh

"Indeed, Tome-La. May you have pleasant journeys and a warm rest at trail's end."
    "May the wind be at your back, and the earth beneath your feet."

Mokaan

Mokaan sat down, though he was now wary of the obviously insane god. "I am amazed at the skill with which you create. I have many ideas - including the creation of this at my side - but for now I simply want to learn about these innovations that I may teach them to my people. Going straight to the creator seemed the fastest way to do so. I would be extremely honored if you taught me the secrets you gave to those strange creatures, noble Jiryinn."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tome-La

"Yes, yes. Pleasant earth and windful journeys to you to. Mind the air under your feet. Don't overstep the end of the trail or you may fall off.

TOME-LA AWAAAAY!"

And Tome-La leaped on top of Skalnaya Mountain, watching the two elves from afar. There also seemed to be something happening for another creature.

They were pink, comically misproportioned, and seemed to be using objects for differing purposes. They began trading rocks for these objects, despite the uselessness of the rocks. Some objects hurt, while others were helpful and warm. Their greatest achievement were the dancing flames they could create. A few seemed different though, more wild like and bestial. Tome-La noticed how they could seemingly change from one form to another. These animal things did not use objects like their softer cousins, but possessed claws and teeth and other pointy body features.

Tome-La would have to watch both these creatures, the creations of Mokaan and the creations of another god. When the time comes, he will introduce them to his full power.
    Last edited by Moose Fisher; 2008-11-25 at 11:29 PM.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather

After some time spent watching and waiting, one of the dragon-sized eggs began to hatch, and then another. 20 full eggs began hatching, two of each kind. the Wyrmfather waited expectantly. The grown, adult dragons began tearing through their eggs until they stood in the clearing, eggs all around them. Slowly, they began to migrate toward the Wyrmfather. When they had all gathered he spoke. My children, I am the Wyrmfather, and you are my sons and daughters. You are Dragons one and all. You are, as you can see, made in my image, and that means that you are beings as close to perfection as anything short of myself can achieve they began to nod slowly. You are the first of your kind, let their be no enmity between you. Go forth, to all the places of this world, and make those places your home, live there, make your reign known. Honor me and I shall watch over you all, that you might rule unhindered. They knew it was all true, intrinsically, they were born with the knowledge and though it bore no repeating, doing so only made the truth more real, more vibrant. They WERE the rightful inheritors of this place.

And with that, each of the dragon-types took wing, and flew high into the air. Each type went to a different kind of location. The Reds found an area of heat and volcanic activity, the Greens flew into the forest, and made it their home. The Blues flew to the coast, taking up homes on a rocky outcropping over the foamy sea. The Whites flew to the coldest reaches they could, to the highest peaks, and looked down upon the world around their mountain. The blacks flew to any location of in-land fresh water they could find, or barring that the wettest and most fetid part of the forest. The Grays traveled to a place of rocks and valleys, where they could fly high and unchallenged. The Browns flew toward a desert if they could find one, and the driest place with the softest land if they couldn't, ready to eat all kinds of delicacies. Finally, the Purples flew to the cave from which Zanathul had dominated the dwarves, and did so themselves, controlling the minds of the lesser beings with their power and their breath, commanding that they collect baubles and shiny objects they found for them, while exploring ever deeper into the caves, searching for something close to the core of the world before returning to their fathers cave.

the Wyrmfather was proud of his children. With power like they had, who could say this world should not belong to them?
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Alemar; The Atmosphere

Alemar looked down at the world, pleased with his work so far. Everything was coming along nicely. Just then, he spotted several large shapes springing into the air from a cave on the mainland. Curious, he flew down to investigate. What he saw astonished him. These....these creatures were magnificent! Tall, strong, they dwarfed anything made before.

Noticing a few that seemed to love the high places as much as he did, he flew over towards the two Grays. Flying backwards before them, he smiles as he calls out to them. "Greetings! My name is Alemar, of the Airs. And who might you be? And pardon me if this seems rude, but what are you? I've never seen your like before."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Grey Dragons

The Greys hovered as best they could, apparently very well, being as they had their fathers instinct for flight. They spoke back in the tongue their father had taught them, but translated it roughly. We are Greys, Dragons, mighty lords of land and air. We are the sons of the Wyrmfather, and ultimate hunters. Who, in turn, are you?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Alemar, Grays; Above the mainland

Alemar considers the words for a moment before answering. "As I said, I am Alemar, Lord of Air. I must admit I have not met this 'Wyrmfather' you mention. He looks like you do I assume? I must go and commend him on what he has wrought. And you say you are hunters? All I ask is that you take care not to kill more than you need to eat. After all, there are still not that many birds or small animals in the world."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jin with Mokaan

Jin raises an eyebrow at Mokaan's thinly veiled discomfort but simply shrugs it off as an inevitability. He finishes off his stew and then sets down his bowl. Jin removes his right sleeve, revealing his wooden gauntlet which Mokaan could only recognize as a spiked arm made of wood. He stands up from his seat and swings his arm in a blur of speed, his razor sharp fingers extending and slicing apart some nearby trees. In a fluid transition Jin swings his arm a second time, his dextrous fingers collecting the airborne logs and a few rocks. He proceeds to pile these materials beside Mokaan and grab his stone handaxe and knife. "This here is a handaxe. One would grab the blunt end and use the sharpened edge to chop into any number of things." He explained as he holds up his handaxe and uses it to chop down a small tree. He then holds up his stone knife."This is a knife. It is very much like a hand axe however the blade edge is far flatter and sharper which makes it perfect for cutting as opposed to chopping." Jin exemplifies this point by nicking a finger across the edge which draws out a drop of blood. He then selects a wedge shaped stone from the pile and a tougher, blunt stone. He gestures for Mokaan to pay attention as he sharpens the wedge with the blunt stone. "The wedge can be found almost anywhere and the grinding stone is preferably found within rivers. The rushing water smoothes the stone to a stunning degree. The key to sharpening is patience, try to rush it and you'll have to start over." Jin demonstrates this point by tripling his grinding speed which causes the wedge to snap in half. He tosses the shattered stone into a nearby brook and proceeds to show Mokaan how to create spears, stone bowls, cups, plates, how to skin furs, how to make cloaks, blankets, and loincloths. The sun had already begun to set when Jin had finished. He had not had the time to teach Mokaan the logistics of creating log huts, mud huts, and bows and arrows but he shrugs the trouble away. "My apologies Mokaan but the sun is setting and I must relocate my camp. Those Munoks are so terribly annoying. Besides, you should be returning to your own home. The panthers are restless tonight." Jin explains as he begins to gather up his supplies.
    Seriously. Do it.

Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129

~Aarshiya, on the ocean to the north of Tresnaya's island~

Aarshiya had wandered away from the large island after she had convinced the black panther to become her companion; it sat at her feet now, and the goddess had her head tilted back and was listening to the world beneath her.

"Yes...I think this seems like a good spot..." She speaks to the panther by her side, and it purrs as if agreeing with her. She dips her hands into the water and pulls, not with her hands but with this power that she holds as a diety, and the earth groans in protest as it relinquishes its hold on solid land. When the island has risen completely, it is small, nothing compared to the size of Tresnaya's island; still, it is hers, and though it is as of yet bare rock, she has her plans for this little piece of the world.

Her footsteps carry her over every inch of the island, and where she walks a forest springs; though the trees are brand-new, they somehow convey this feeling of age, standing tall with interlacing branches and gnarled trunks. Because the trees are so thickly crowded, the ground beneath them is dim; no brightly-colored flowers, here, there is not enough sunlight for them to survive. A thick carpet of grass grows beneath her feet, and at the base of several trees mushrooms grow in clumps; spray from the ocean coalesces into mist and winds around the trees.

This is better, she thinks, then the sunny places she's been...but it feels a bit incomplete somehow. Her mind wanders back to her Father, and the sound of the wings that made her laugh inside; she bends down to gather up some dirt, then wets her fingers and shapes it into a round creature with leathery wings. She throws her creation into the air; when it comes down again, bats of all types have sprung from it and away, to perch in the trees.

She nods, satisfied with this, and goes to collect bugs and the small mammals for her bats to eat; releasing them onto her island, she nods again.

"This will do nicely."

(AP 2: 3AP-Greater Shape land (2 squares island+2 forest, including mushrooms), 1 AP-Create creature: bats)
    Last edited by hi-mi-tsu; 2008-11-28 at 04:00 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Grey Dragons

The Dragons grunted assent, and smiled cruelly. No need to worry about the little creatures, we can find sustenance... elsewhere. violence gleamed in their eyes, and the promise of the hunt sang in their blood as they flew off.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-11-27 at 01:01 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Overhead

*Plop!*

The aberrant predator lord dropped onto the back of one of the gray dragons. Spiders and scorpions dripped from his pores and the entire feeling was surely not too pleasant.

(1 = 2 - 1 (Create Subset - Arachnids))

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fierywasabi231 View Post
    Jin with Mokaan

Jin raises an eyebrow at Mokaan's thinly veiled discomfort but simply shrugs it off as an inevitability. He finishes off his stew and then sets down his bowl. Jin removes his right sleeve, revealing his wooden gauntlet which Mokaan could only recognize as a spiked arm made of wood. He stands up from his seat and swings his arm in a blur of speed, his razor sharp fingers extending and slicing apart some nearby trees. In a fluid transition Jin swings his arm a second time, his dextrous fingers collecting the airborne logs and a few rocks. He proceeds to pile these materials beside Mokaan and grab his stone handaxe and knife. "This here is a handaxe. One would grab the blunt end and use the sharpened edge to chop into any number of things." He explained as he holds up his handaxe and uses it to chop down a small tree. He then holds up his stone knife."This is a knife. It is very much like a hand axe however the blade edge is far flatter and sharper which makes it perfect for cutting as opposed to chopping." Jin exemplifies this point by nicking a finger across the edge which draws out a drop of blood. He then selects a wedge shaped stone from the pile and a tougher, blunt stone. He gestures for Mokaan to pay attention as he sharpens the wedge with the blunt stone. "The wedge can be found almost anywhere and the grinding stone is preferably found within rivers. The rushing water smoothes the stone to a stunning degree. The key to sharpening is patience, try to rush it and you'll have to start over." Jin demonstrates this point by tripling his grinding speed which causes the wedge to snap in half. He tosses the shattered stone into a nearby brook and proceeds to show Mokaan how to create spears, stone bowls, cups, plates, how to skin furs, how to make cloaks, blankets, and loincloths. The sun had already begun to set when Jin had finished. He had not had the time to teach Mokaan the logistics of creating log huts, mud huts, and bows and arrows but he shrugs the trouble away. "My apologies Mokaan but the sun is setting and I must relocate my camp. Those Munoks are so terribly annoying. Besides, you should be returning to your own home. The panthers are restless tonight." Jin explains as he begins to gather up his supplies.
    Mokaan

Mokaan bowed and thanked the genius, then wandered off across the waves.

Awsh and Elyna were camped by the sea, resting under a great oak. Mokaan walked across the sand and tapped Awsh on the shoulder. "Good morn, my children. My name's Mokaan, and I have quite a few things to teach you about life out here... if you're willing to learn, of course."
    Awsh agreed and Elyna was eager, so Mokaan started.
    "See this triangle shaped rock? It's sharp, isn't it? Well, if you take this twine and tie it to a stick, you have an axe. Larger stones need stronger sticks, and the longer you make the shaft the more area to swing you've got.
    This long rock can be used as a knife. Find a blunt rock, and carefully run it across the blunt rock - like this, come try - and you'll make the knife even sharper.
    If you tie a knife to a stick and sharpen the point, you've got a spear. This is a noble weapon, so use it well. You can use it to kill the wolves of the forests. Go kill one, and bring it back to me."

Mokaan showed them how to skin the animal with the knife and make the fur into clothing - the first clothes of Awsh and Elyna were dark grey pelts, draped over their shoulders and across their waists.
    Out of stone, he showed them how to shape plates and bowls. He showed them how to use fire, but only after they had learned to respect it and never allow it to eat living trees.
    Lastly, he remembered something he had seen upon the Munok island. "Awsh, get me a stick. It needs to be a stick straight and long, slightly bent. Then, many smaller sticks. Elyna, get some small rocks and sharpen their tips. Awsh, after you return I'll show you how to use the sinew of the wolf.

I'll teach you how to make a weapon that allows Elyna to hunt from afar while you hunt with your spear. After all, it wouldn't be right to leave her in danger, would it?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I had an idea while writing this post. I think that once other races meet the Sidhe, the first thing they'll notice is that the Sidhe are very clothing-optional. Shirtless? What's the problem with that?

Also, I decided to have Mokaan copy the bow he saw with the Munoks and give it to the Sidhe. The bow is like the signature Elf weapon, and it makes sense for them to have it.

I think that the bow will be a "woman-only" weapon, though. Mokaan's conservative when it comes to stuff like "men protect women" and "women shouldn't be in danger."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Grey Dragons

Being as they were dragons, and having hides tougher than stone, the Grey Dragons did not even notice the spiders. Instead they turned their sight upon Alrexar What is it you desire?

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jin: Next to Alaraxar; On top of the grey dragon

"Hmm, I wonder what brother is doing." Jin pulls out an emerald and obsidian box from a compartment in his wooden gauntlet and tosses it at the ground before him, filling the air with smoke. When the smoke dissipates, a grand wood and stone door appears before Jin. As he opens the door a rushing breeze blows forth from the portal and he steps through.
    To Alaraxar, it seemed that the door had materialized out of nothing and before he knew it out popped his brother, right next to him. Jin sits down next to Alaraxar, the wind whipping his hair back, and waves his wooden gauntlet at Alaraxar. "Yo bro. How's it hanging?" Jin notices the swarm of arachnids pouring out from his brother's body and covering the ground beneath him. He gently picks up a scorpion by it's tail and stares at it vacantly. "Cool pets. Do they taste good?"
    It was then that Jin realized that the flying ground he was sitting on wasn't ground at all, it was a massive scaled creature. And it was speaking to them.
    "Cooler pet. Does it taste good?" Jin throws the scorpion behind him and raises the claw of his gauntlet menacingly, his dull expression still as emotionless as ever.
    Last edited by Fierywasabi231; 2008-11-27 at 12:34 PM.
    Seriously. Do it.

Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

*POW* *POW*

Two bolts of divine energy shot from Pohloh's amnethyst-tipped staff and raced across the finity wherein he and the others dwelled to his mother Tress, mistress of Luck. A short message accompanied the motes of energy.

Tress
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mother-
    Just remember that I and my people may have need to make use of it at some point in the future.
    -Pohloh

16. - Top - End - #136
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tresnaya, Skalnaya

Tress breathed a deep sigh of relief. She had been worrying her son had decided the venture was not worth the investment. Ah, but that will not be invented for a long time.

Now, all she needed was Alemar's help.

"Alemar! It is time!"
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Alemar, Gray Dragons, Jin, Alaraxar; Sky

Alemar is about to answer the Grays when he tilts his head to the side, as though listening to something. Smiling widely to himself, he turns back towards the Grays. "I just came to see what and who you were. I will return shortly, and we can talk more then. Until then, take care." He takes note of the two gods on the gray's back before flying off.

Soon he comes to a hover in front of Tress. Smiling widely, he makes two throwing gestures towards Tress. Two small silver orbs appear, hoving in front of her. "There you go. How's that? Can I help in any other way?"

1 AP = 3 - 2 Grant AP to Tress
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-11-28 at 05:48 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Bugbear in the Playground

Skaldi, With the Largest Stone Dwarf Family
    Skaldi saw that his Dwarves were happy, however they were too exposed to the elements out in the open. So with his strength, massive strength to boot, to carve a network of tunnels for his people, making sure to make large caverns where the shiny rocks were most abundant, so that his people would have the merriest time collecting baubles. Although he made sure to seal of a cave with smoke coming out of it, and when he was done, he told his people goodby and went up to the surface world for a little fun with the earth. He picked up huge stones and made them balance on tiny rocks, just because it was a testament to his sheer power. He was jovial in his attempts, making so many wild and crazy rock formations that he got a bit tuckered out, so he made himself a hollow to sleep in for the time being, in the jungle it had appeared.
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2008-11-28 at 02:44 AM.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Alaraxar

With great hesitancy Alaraxar spoke, more through shaping silence than producing sound. "Brother... I am sizing up these creatures. They reek of undue majesty. Anything this big could simply fall on its prey. Unsporting." Considering his brother as some member of his divine pack, the words were directed through an instinctual telepathy.
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-11-28 at 01:27 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

*Imp King and Aarshiya: Aarshiya's Island*

The Imp King cooed with approval as one of the heads of his favorite Dire Pumpkin (affectionately named Gordon) launches into the air and plucks a fruit bat from flight.

*chomp chomp chomp*

"Goood boy...". The Dire Pumpkins (only recently introduced to this island) didn't need much in the way to protein to survive. In fact, they could get by just fine on nothing but a little water; they didn't even appear to require sunlight. This, of course, fascinated the Imp King, but he chose not to divulge this nugget of information, nor share his hypotheses while he studied this curious ability of his creations. At any rate, the gloomy atmosphere and scarcity of easy prey on this island bred a particularly vicious and macabre version of the Dire Pumpkin...which he adored.

He seizes up one of Gordon's 3-foot-wide head and coddles it like one would the family dog. Gordon, in turn, shuts his many eyes and basks in the affection and praise.

"Who has a huggy face? Who has a huggy squeezeyweezy face? You do! Yes you do!"

Mental ding; as if the egg timer in his head had just gone off.

"Oooh, Princess!" he begins in a sing-song voice. "Daddy has a quick errand to run. Look after Gordon while I'm out?"

*Pohloh - later*

A ribbon bound scroll appears before Pohloh and, on its own accord, unties and unfurls itself and the dark, melodious voice of the Imp King emanates from somewhere as he reads off his own scrawling handwriting. The scroll informs Pohloh that payment is due on One (1) Mote of Divine Power...and then goes into painful detail about the definition of a mote and what the penalties for late payment might include. And this all brought up two very good questions - what's a scroll and what the heck is a renal and how can it fail?
    I apologize for drawing CockroachTeaParty as a winged centaur.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tresnaya, Alemar: Skalnaya

"Thank you Alemar. I will need you in one second to finish this off, so stick around."

Once again, Tresnaya reaches down to the ground, and brings up in her hand a glob of mud. This time, however, she shapes it with her hand, until it was the shape of a perfect sphere. She continued to shape it, and places inside it the 2 orbs of Alemar's power. It began to expand, a huge bubble of air inside expanding. She hurriedly imbued it with Pohloh's power, and flung it into the sky, yelling.

"It's not quite enough! Alemar, we need more energy to keep it in the air!"

It was true: after arcing North, it had only had the energy to sustain it for 2 rotations of the world...
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

One last trickle of light purple energy wound out of Pohloh's majestic staff.

(0 AP = 3 AP - 2 AP(to Tress) - 1 AP(to the Imp King/Stranger))

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Somewhere among the endless expanse of ocean, the rock deep below erupts into an explosion of teeth-like protrusions. As they breach the surface the basalt teeth snap shut to create a stretch of rocky island reaching high out of the water and forebodingly visible from even long distances.

Eagles flew the great distance, compelled by divine power and bearing a variety of foliage in the talons. They dive-bombed the landscape to deliver their cargo and forest the island. A group of lycanthropes were sent over, dangling precariously in the claws of a swarm of birds.

(1 = 4 - 3 (Greater Shape Land - Creating two barren lands and then Rainforesting them: "Alaraxar's Isle", maybe "Fang Island" or "The Hunting Grounds"))

Spoiler
    Show

The two squares run left to right as opposed to up and down. The island is split in half length-wise but jagged crags jut out from each side to serve as land bridges. All-in-all, the island looks like a set of jaws.

Set it up like SW of Tres's and NW of Apoco's, on the western hemisphere.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maerok View Post
    Alaraxar

With great hesitancy Alaraxar spoke, more through shaping silence than producing sound. "Brother... I am sizing up these creatures. They reek of undue majesty. Anything this big could simply fall on its prey. Unsporting." Considering his brother as some member of his divine pack, the words were directed through an instinctual telepathy.
    Jin: Next to Alaraxar on top of a grey dragon

Jin raises an eyebrow and then with a with a quick scan he realized that from head to tail the creature was easily over 40 feet long. "Really?" Jin mumbled under his breath as he pulled out a spear from a compartment in his gauntlet. He spins it dramatically a few times and then stabs it at the plate he was resting upon, snapping it in the process. "Unsporting indeed..." Jin shrugs as he casually walks up the creatures neck and it whipped about in response. Jin continued to casually walk up as if gravity shifted with his plane of movement and when he reached the creatures head he tapped it repeatedly. Oi, you. What are you?
    The dragon growls at the nuisance but then introduces himself. "I am a Grey, a dragon. The proud son of the Wyrmfather who has given me the sky and land as my dominion. We are molded in the image of the the Wyrmfather and are the ultimate hunters. Who, in turn, are you?" Jin shrugs and waves his hand as if to dismiss something, "My name is not of import. Although I would hardly call you hunters. More like slaughterers or envoys of death." The grey dragon growls both angrily and inquisitively at the peculiar statement. Jin once again shrugs and sits down before the dragon's head, perpetually floating in the air before the dragon. "There is no challenge to the kill for one such as yourself. It would not be a hunt. Simply slaughter. Only those who possess greater intelligence could possible be considered a threat to you. Animals cannot be considered prey for one such as yourself." Jin simply shrugs as he repeats the words of his brother. "Unsporting. You have agreed not to hunt the sentient races yet only they can possibly be considered prey for yourselves." The dragon growls at Jin before simply laughing, his rotten breath blowing back Jin's hair. "I am afraid I do not understand your argument." Jin stands up before the dragon, who stopped his laughing in order to cautiously examine Jin. Jin matches the dragons gaze, his cold and emotionless expression revealing nothing while exuding an chilling air of pure fear. "You are either a liar or a hypocrite..." The Dragon raised an eyebrow at the statement and was suddenly wary of the man before him, "Perhaps, but I do no...The Dragon began before he was interrupted by the man's sudden disappearance. The Dragon turned it's head and saw that Jin was now to the right of his head, his wooden gauntlet dripping with blood. At least the dragon would have seen him if not for the five deep gashes along it's right eye. Jin takes a quick lick of the blood, "I hate both."
    Last edited by Fierywasabi231; 2008-11-28 at 07:11 PM.
    Seriously. Do it.

Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145

~Aarshiya's Island~

She raises a negligent hand, showing that she's heard her father's words, but most of her attention is focused on the small mouse in her other hand; it hadn't wanted to come near her at first, because she had the scent of panther on her, but...well, she was a god. Now it sat docilely on her palm, and she plucked a small mushroom from the pile of different types sitting at her feet, feeding it to the rodent.

A few minutes later, she "watched" (felt, heard, sensed) the little mouse spasm, convulse, choke and die; her face reflected her fascination at the act, and not a hint of remorse. So...this mushroom, the one with the lumpy cap, it would cut off your air and suffocate you...but...would it do it again? If she, say, fed this mouse to a bat, would the bat also suffocate...? She called one of her carnivorous bats to her and gave it the mouse; it took longer, but the bat choked and died as well, and she clapped her hands in delight.

When Father comes back, I must show him what I've discovered!
    Last edited by hi-mi-tsu; 2008-11-28 at 05:08 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

~Somewhere on Aarshiya's Island~

*clang clang clang clang*

*saw saw saw*

*hammer hammer hammer*

*jackhammer?*

*sound of a truck backing up*

*chihuahua barking*

~Sometime later...~

Wether the horrible contraption that now stood before him was the product of a inkling that had festered in his mind since the dawn of time or if the conception had come to him all at once in a moment in an epiphany akin to a bolt of lightning for the frontal lobe was something subject to debate, even by the Imp King himself. If asked, he would reply that, of course, it had always been part of his master plan. And, unfortunately, there was no way to disprove this.

The centerpiece of his work was a monstrous black cauldron, over 50 feet high, accessed by way of a crudely constructed and uneven mass of stone stairs and precariously placed catwalks. Great cruel shaped metal talons anchored the cauldron to the ground. All manner of tubes and hoses connected to the bottom of the cauldron and led towards what could only be described as a small factory of sorts, though, precisely what this factory did or how it even operated in the first place was a great mystery. Despite the haphazardly designed mess of smoke stacks, transformers, neon tubes, wires, cogs, sprockets, gears, belts, cranks, pistons and one lone weather vane, the whole of the contraption simply couldn't be called "technology". Nothing seemed to fit together for any rhyme or reason. But, the end result of the machine was clear.

The skies darkened, the wind howled and the temperature dropped to near freezing. Some trees withered and died while others sprang up and grew ten fold, becoming warped, gnarled versions of their former selves. Flowers gave way to masses of tangled vines. The cauldron fed off of light and warmth and perhaps the energy of life itself. And over the cacophonous sound of the factory, the black cauldron groaned with a malevolent sentience.

The Imp King just fluttered his wings and cackled.

((0 AP = 5 - 5 (Create Utility Artifact: The Cauldron) I'm still considering what I want the mechanical effect of this thing to be exactly...)
    I apologize for drawing CockroachTeaParty as a winged centaur.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Grey Dragons

The Grey, in it's flaring anger seemingly barely noticed the wound. His mate, acting surprisingly quickly for a creature of that size, knocked Jin from her mates head. She snarled with hatred at the god. For one who speaks of hating hypocrisy you're practically swimming in it. You speak of how unsporting a fight between us and animal would be, but how "sporting" is a fight between a god and a mortal barely born into this world? Take your high and mighty attitude and LEAVE if that's your idea of fair play.

28. - Top - End - #148

~Elsewhere on the island~

Aarshiya, who had been busily trying different mushrooms on different creatures to see their effects, lifts her head at the sounds of chaos coming from the other side of her island. She frowns a little and stands, putting all of the bodies into a pile and dissolving them with another wave of her hand. Then she gestures to the panther that's been sitting, waiting patiently beside her, and heads for the sounds.

The forest felt...different, here. There was a bare space, and it was colder...almost freezing. And the wind...the wind cut through you like a knife. She shivers a little, attention entirely focused on the gigantic thing that she can feel at the middle of this disturbance; she hears her Father's laughter and sighs softly, heading for that.

"...Well." Her voice is quiet. "I was going to tell you what I've discovered today, when you came back, but...this eclipses any discovery I may have made, doesn't it? What is this thing? What on earth does it do?"

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Alemar, Tress; The Sky

Alemar watches as the giant sphere flies away. He decides to go after it to keep an eye on it. While flying over the mainland, he notices a bright twinkle down below among the trees. Curious, he glances at the mud, then decides to investigate really quick.

When he reaches the forest, he sees a small fire, almost dead. Whoever used it must have thought it was out and gone on their way. Alemar sighed, shaking his head. He noticed his sigh caused the fire to flare up for a bit. Intrigued, he blew on it again. Too hard! The small spark flared into a full-fledged fire as it got blown outside the stone circle into the trees. A large tree was quickly lit up.

Frowning, Alemar quickly put the fire out. He shook his head; there needed to be someone to manage this 'fire' stuff the other gods had brought into the world. And so Alemar took a bit of this 'fire' and blew on it gently. As it expanded, he shaped it into a vaguely human shape. Once he judged it complete, he set it down before him. Cutting himself, he dripped a few drops of blood onto the living flame before him.

And then he spoke to it. "Well come on. I don't have all day. Wake up!"

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Apocos moved in his slumber, beneath the waves, beneath the crust.

And with that movement, the land was torn asunder and flung high above again. The lands Apocos 'made' grew, and from them, oozed the searing blood of the world.

(0= 3-3 Greater shape land:

Coordinates for the map:
    3 squares of land: 38,34; 38,37; 36,35.
    1 Square of magma pools: 37,35.)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing