New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: LoC: Chains of Aeon - IC

Tome-La, the Moon (although he suggests Nraheta)

Tome-La feigns death from Skaldi's elbow, hamming it up as best as possible. His body blinks out as he reappears behind Skaldi and patting his shoulder.

"Be careful with those arms of yours, you might knock someone's head off. Unless you WANT to do that, I won't stop you; I may even hold them down if you need help. But that won't ever happen, right? Eh? Eh?

Ahaha...

I'm feeling as I usually feel: everything at once or in turns. I've been gazing down the Aeon. I'll be making something eventually, though what it is you and I will have to find out."

Tome-La grabs one of the wayward Munock souls and moves its arms and feet in a small jig.

"This fine white, pink thing can serve as a hint. I'll be making some creatures dance to my tune; though what that tune is and what creatures that will be are up to events and me."
    Last edited by Moose Fisher; 2008-12-04 at 10:01 PM.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Tanafriti, the Astral Sea

Tanafriti had been absent for quite some time, though none had known to whence she had gone. She had been quite... busy. Tanafriti had spent this time amongst the chaos of the Sun, conversing with the Mother and learning what could be learned. Now, the god floated lazily back towards the world which the three first gods had brought into existence. Behind Tanafriti floated another being, a son. As Sallyn and Tanafriti traveled, they conversed, discussing some of the finer points of...

*gasp*

"No, no, no. This simply will not do! I leave the world for but a few moments, and it gets all messed up again. I would have thought my siblings would have done a better job of managing it than this."

As Tanafriti prepares to submerge all the land back into the center of the world, returning it to perfect order, a sudden movement on the world catches Sallyn's gaze. Interrupting Tanafriti, he points to the world and the myriad life that has arisen on the land.

"What? Oh! Why, isn't that interesting... Little lesser beings, they're cute. I'd hate to destroy them. I suppose it's not too bad this way... Ah! I know what we can do!"

Tanafriti turns to Sallyn and begins to discuss an idea with him for the future of the world.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

3. - Top - End - #213

"Great big lizards with wings...?" Aarshiya echoes the words, smile curving the corners of her mouth. "Well. That sounds incredibly ungainly, big lizards with wings. How on earth do they keep themselves aloft?"

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Skaldi
    "They must be full of hot air, like their papa" he whispered with a chuckle to his cousin.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jin: Somewhere in the rainforests

Jin had seen the giant flaming orbital and had seen it extinguish equally as quickly and he had also considered inspecting it. But a wave of laziness had overcome him and he decided to take a nap upon the tallest canopy tree he could find, the winds blowing through his spiked hair.

... ZzZzzzZzzzZzzzzz

Jin yawns as he wakes up. "Hmm... now how can I advance the technology of the world as a whole..." Then Jin came upon an epiphany. How could he better the world if he wasn't aware of the state of the world? "Time for a tour..."
    Jin dons a glistening, prismatic cloak from one of the compartments of his wooden gauntlet. He takes a single step and suddenly the fabric of the world distorts unnoticeably around him. The condensed travel path causes Jin to travel over a mile with that one step, his seven different geniuses allowing him to absorb all that he saw within that distance. There was nothing of interest going on. He takes three more steps and noticed a curious group of munoks to whom he backtracks. They were dancing curiously. Jin uses a plate of pure shiny material that he calls a "mirror" to view the munoks strange customs from behind the cover of a rock.

Tired of observing the munoks' merriment, Jin takes a few more steps and finds himself upon a collection of caves. "Interesting. Maybe I should take a look. Still, I don't want to be seen..." Jin slips on a ring from a different compartment of his gauntlet which causes his entire being to vibrate at an indescribable rate, effectively making him invisible. He steps into the caves and soon comes upon a group of short creatures composed entirely of stone. "Amazing!" Jin continues to observe these creatures unseen, following a group carrying masses of shiny materials and baubles into a massive chamber. Dominated by an equally massive purple creature.
    Last edited by Fierywasabi231; 2008-12-01 at 06:48 PM.
    Seriously. Do it.

Life is hard, life is harder when you're stupid
    Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hi-mi-tsu View Post
    "Great big lizards with wings...?" Aarshiya echoes the words, smile curving the corners of her mouth. "Well. That sounds incredibly ungainly, big lizards with wings. How on earth do they keep themselves aloft?"
    "I would guess that the flight is sorcerous in nature - even though they're as strong as a thousand Sidhe, they're heavier than a mountain of lead." Mokaan never appeared conspicuously, just ambling into wherever he wished to go. To the gods who had never met him, he looked like a scarecrow who had grabbed a god's harp - his clothing was mismatched and patched with leaves, his straw-colored hair a wild halo about his head. He gives Aarshiya a wide, friendly grin with genuine warmth. "And who is this, whose beauty eclipses the sun itself? I don't believe we've met - in fact, all here other than Tome-La and Skaldi are complete strangers unto me! If you assembled would mind mentioning your august names?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Pohloh

Pohloh had long ago become bored with much of his existence, and so he had recently taken to testing the limits of his staff. He found that he could do much with it, though very little was permanent. Only occasionally could he create things that weren't other gods and have them remain for more than a season or two.

He transformed several munoks into wolves. They stayed in those feral forms for a little more than a lunar cycle, and Pohloh called it a success. Other times Pohloh caused rocks to explode in bursts of flame, and doused the resulting blaze with fruits he filled with the strength of ice.

All this was done by manipulating the natural world with very raw and elemental magics, and so Pohloh found that they came naturally to him. Before long he considered showing the munoks how they too could control the fundamental forces of the world. Perhaps eventually they would hold this power, but not yet. Not yet...

8. - Top - End - #218

Aarshiya's face turns towards the new voice, and she frowns a little at the strength reference. What, exactly, was a Sidhe, and why did their strength matter? Were they some sort of powerful creature? And how could he possibly say they were heavier than a mountain of lead? Had he ever felt a mountain of lead?

At the comment about beauty, her frown deepens and she leans over to her father. "...Who is this person, and who's he talking to...? Is he asking us to introduce ourselves...?"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Quietly, leaning sideways; unnecessarily so.

"Mokaan. The Sidhe are his creations...they are a fair and lithe race; the youngest, I recall."

He straights up, clears his throat and speaks loud enough to be heard by others again.

"Aarshiya, show your respect. Lord Mokaan paid you a compliment."

If he had the capacity, he would be grinning viciously from ear to ear. (un)Fortunately, his mouth, if he had one, was obscured by black wrappings and nothing but a twinkling eye revealed his schadenfreude.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2008-12-01 at 07:32 PM.
    I apologize for drawing CockroachTeaParty as a winged centaur.

10. - Top - End - #220

"Hn." She tilts her head at that, turning her face back towards where the voice had come from. "Well. My...thanks, then..." She pauses. "...Lord Mokaan." There was some slight emphasis on the "Lord", something that sounded vaguely sarcastic, but it was difficult to place. "I don't know what I look like, so I've no idea if your assessment is correct, but thank you all the same. As for the Wyrmfather's children...have you seen them? What do they look like?"

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather

The Dragons booming voice echoed loudly as he responded to a question not asked of him. My children are glorious paragons, made in my perfect imagine. They are lithe and graceful as the greatest of hunters, with a bearing as regal and beautiful to make even the most arrogant kings bow before their vision. They are perfection incarnate in mortal form for they are made as images of myself! His words rang loudly, and there did not seem to be any trace of arrogance or lie in his words. He believed it all to be truth, undeniable truths of reality itself.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jiryiin: Among the Purple Dragons

Jin was surprised, there were more of those monstrous lizards? This one seemed purple, although it is difficult to tell in utter darkness, and seemed to be longer and more lithe than the muscled grey... what was the word? Oh right, Dragon. Jin couldn't help but chuckle, dragon! What a ridiculous word.
    Apparently the dragon (HA!) had heard that chuckle and was suddenly alert. Jin realized he had made a grave mistake. From what he had observed of the stone creatures, they did not talk, in fact they could not! Earlier crimson had... uh... "examined" one of the stone creatures. By cutting it open. And he had realized that they lacked a certain muscle(how does a stone creature have muscles anyway?) that Jin called a "Voice Box" or more specifically a "Larynx" which enabled speech, regardless of how guttural. Something that Crimson discovered Munoks, Sidhes, and animals possess. By cutting them open.
    The purple dragon growled something in a language that Jin could roughly understand and summoned another dragon to his side, this one apparently female. "Wonderful..." Jin muttered as he veiled his vibrating form with his dimensional cloak and took another step, finding himself within a treasury of sorts. Jin was ecstatic, although Scout's unemotional face did not show it, and he slips on a monocle from a different compartment in his wooden gauntlet. He scans the piles and discovers that five objects in particular had astoundingly powerful magical auras. He delicately extends his gauntlet's claws and removes each object without disturbing any of the piles before placing them in separate compartments in his gauntlet. He was about to leave before he noticed another object of significant magic, a strange gem atop a pile of similar crystals. Jin floats over to the gem and plucks it off the compilation. Causing it to collapse all over the chamber. "... Why?" A fierce roar filled the treasury that resonated from the previous chamber where the two beasts were located. It roughly translated to "Death". Jin quickly veils himself with his dimensional cloak and begins to run, easily taking over 20 steps and in turn 20 miles. Fortunately this was just enough to place Jin outside of the mountain, away from the wrath of the pair dragons. He breathed a sigh of relief before speeding away, that is to say he took another step.
    Seriously. Do it.

Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Alemar and Tress; surface of the Moon

Alemar shakes his head as he hears the dull roar of the words from those below. He looks over at Tress and shrugs. Looking back at the planet, he espies two other forms nearby, one of them vaguely familiar. Curious, he speaks quickly before flying off, "Excuse me a moment Tress, I'll return shortly."

With that, Alemar makes his way towards Tanafriti and Sallyn.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

14. - Top - End - #224

Aarshiya turns away from Mokaan, back towards the Wyrmfather, and her head tilts a little. "Perfect?" Her smile widens. "You think they're perfect? Define perfect. I don't know if I'd consider a...what was it...lizard with wings to be perfection..."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

When the dragons arrived in the treasury, they found they ordered piles they had arranged were in disarray. After a few hours of counting they realized that 6 particularly strange objects were taken and they were PIIIISSED. All they could find once they cleaned up the mess was a strange symbol engraved onto the floor. Although they did not recognize it, the words "A Monocle Set in Gears" rung through their minds.

After a few more steps, Jin had absorbed most of the culture of the island he was currently on so he leapt. And found himself upon an island dominated by lithe, pointy eared creatures. Scantily clad ones at that, although Jin wore little himself.
    Last edited by Fierywasabi231; 2008-12-01 at 08:36 PM.
    Seriously. Do it.

Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather

The Dragon-God snarled They are NOT Lizards! They defy such petty classifications! They are a group of their own! And you don't need to consider them perfection to be so! They are made in my image, and so perfection they are!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Alaraxar

The feral one was experimenting again with various shapes and materials, trying to work out some new innovation in predation. He remembered the dragons and sat among the treetops of his island. A flock of crows was harassing a single large, flustered owl from perch to perch.

Alaraxar scratched some symbols into the side of a tree, snagging a few straggling crows and slamming them into a hole in the tree. With that, the wound in the side of the tree healed up and the entire tree soon became very lean and fierce looking. There was soon a great deal of movement within the core of the plant and Alaraxar moved over to another tree, watching it with silent intent.

As time passed on, the roots of that tree soon overtook the surrounding foliage with vicious tendrils and vines ensnaring anything coming within their range.

18. - Top - End - #228

"My apologies, Wyrmfather, but as I cannot see your image, all I've got to base my conclusion on is your ego and your arrogance." Her smile is sweet, to counteract her words, and she dips in a half-curtsy. "Neither of which seem perfect. But then, as gods, we are supposed to be infallible, yes? So I suppose that, since you are a god, and are claiming them to be so, that I must acknowledge your correctness in such things." Another sweet smile, another half-curtsy.

"My most sincere apologies for stepping on your toes."

19. - Top - End - #229

Skaldi
    "Don't apollogize deary, the big bad scaly one is just blowin hot air. If he knows whats good for him, he'd start takin off, this is land, and as such I could hold him down with ease if he attacks ye"
    He then turned to his draconic foe. "You better stop with your arrogance, big one. I think you need a lesson in humbleness, like the good earth." He growled at Zanathul.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather

The dragon looks down on the much smaller creature, his eyes burning with anger. You are no more powerful than I small creature, land or not. You think I am arrogant, fine, it merely shows how ignorant you are. You can call my truth "arrogance" and "hot air" it changes nothing, it merely reveals the depths of your jealousy. And if you were truly as wise as you pretend to be, you would not start a fight on someone elses land, over something so petty. But go ahead, start a fight with me that cannot be attributed to my "arrogance" but your own, for if you took the lessons you so foolishly spout, of "humility" and being "humble" you would not feel the need to "humble" me because I view as truth what you view as arrogance.

21. - Top - End - #231

Skaldi and the Wyrmfather
    "Hey hey hey, she's my cousin and I don't want ye talkin to her like that, unlike you I have a bit o' heart, and If ye want it to show, then be kinder" The Dwarf God growled "I ain't gonna fight ye, scaly winger, but you still need a lesson in humbleness and humility".

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather

The Wyrmfather snorts, and an odd rumbling can be heard, after a moment it's clear that the Wyrmfather is laughing, and not kindly either. Heheh, you are so blind it's funny. Your cousin eh? Well, perhaps you were too busy being angry to notice, but those were my CHILDREN you were talking about, my Sons and Daughters! Maybe it is you who needs a lesson, in thinking before you try and take the moral high ground. As he speaks the Wyrmfather sneers, in the same bone-chilling way that his children had learned from their father by birth, and it was an altogether unpleasant sight.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-12-01 at 09:45 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233

Skaldi, growing red, like magma

"Oi, then maybe you should teach your children respect to other gods, I heard the windy one over yonder, they didn't show him an ounce of respect, at least my cousin said sorry, no matter how undeserving you are!"

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

24. - Top - End - #234

"Fighting?" Aarshiya lifts her hands to her lips, mostly to hide her wicked grin; her voice sounds shocked. "Goodness. There's no need for such violent words, my lords...certainly there's no need for fighting among kinfolk. I mean, in all technicality, the Wyrmfather here is our relative as well...there's simply no need to have such tempers flaring over such a simple little conversation. All I was trying to do was understand a little better."

She smiles gently at Skaldi. "No need to threaten with violence, my dear cousin...certainly the Wyrmfather does not intend to do me any sort of physical harm."

She turns again, to look up at the king of dragons. "Isn't that right? We were just having a friendly chat." Reaching out, she pats his nose.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather

The Dragon Lord seems not to notice the pat, but this may be intentional, although not necessarily a slight. He speaks through huge, clenched teeth to the stout god. They showed no disrespect either. They are the greatest mortals the world has ever seen, and they will not be the last mortals to not bow in reverence to a god other than their own, mark my words. I come here to speak with those who claim to be my kin, and all I receive are insults directed at me and my children, and the moment I take a stand you self-righteously declare me arrogant! Surely there is no greater arrogance than on your part!

26. - Top - End - #236

Tome-La, the Moon (although he suggests Nraheta)

At this point, Tome-La has figured out how to manipulate the Munok soul with skill at a distance. The puppet danced in between the gods, spouting out in Tome-La's voice, "If humility is not saying anything critical, then we must dig into the heart of ourselves and find it, for it is buried deep.

As buzzing bees to sting the lumbering bear, they will find that the bear will continue eating the honey. Unfortunately for the bees, death come whether they fight or not. The bear laughs, until death lays its grip on it time after.

Now, this analogy may be obvious, but consider reversing the roles; enlightening eh? All parties are guilty, and it isn't fun if either gives up.

WORM:
    Crawling on its belly,
    Squashing things like jelly.
    Blind to see,
    The tiny fleas.
    Can't take a joke,
    His mind must be broke!

AEON:
    Ever large,
    In charge.
    Together,
    Forever.
    The walls fall,
    During their brawl,
    From forces enormous,
    and forces tiny-ormous.

Why don't we just stop TALKING about images and SHOWING them? I have plenty that are coming up, and I'm sure we all have some to show in the future. These images will fit into place. The final result will be unknown, but something to last for Aeon.

So relax, we'll all make something grand, whether we are willing or not."
    Last edited by Moose Fisher; 2008-12-04 at 10:02 PM.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

27. - Top - End - #237

Skaldi
    "Don't assume all of the gods are like this Wyrmfather, just me! The others act much less like me" Skaldi sneered, now getting increasingly angry "This is just a vendetta against you and me! Not my cousin, not my mother, not my brothers, not anyone but You and Me!"

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Mokaan strokes his chin for a moment, looking at "the Wyrmfather" and Skaldi. "If you'll allow me to step in for but the tiniest fraction of a moment, great lords, allow me to say that it seems to me that respect is something that must be earned by everything from tiniest flea to greatest god. If you wish the dragons to respect you, Skaldi, you must show yourself to be worthy of their respect. And if you wish to be respected, Wyrmfather, you must show the world that you are worthy of respect.
    And furthermore, Wyrmfather, nothing is perfect in everything. There is as much honor and glory in a warm home with well-sown fields as there is in the mightiest dragon that will ever live - you just have to look for it in the right way. I'm sure that your children are mighty and strong, but my children have their own perfection, in their own way. The dragons may be the greatest mortals to ever walk the earth - but is might and power better than the ability to bring joy and find pleasure in playing a melody for yourself?
    Now that I've had my long-winded say, I must admit that there is indeed beauty and power within your creatures - indeed, they are the work of a true craftsman. However, the mark of a true craftsman is humility. Remember that, and your days will be blessed.
    Now, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Mokaan, a musician and vagabond. The Sidhe call me their Prince, but among my peers there's simply no need for such titles."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

29. - Top - End - #239

"Right, this has gotten absolutely out of hand. Wyrmfather--there must have been an easier name mentioned, what was it...oh, right, Zanathul--I apologize for the insult to your children once again. I was simply attempting to grasp at what they were, and since I cannot see it was difficult to explain. Skaldi, I'm not insulted by him, since he's said nothing insulting. Also, please don't patronize him; he's a god, just like the rest of us. And as delightful as this argument is, and as curious as I would be to see what the outcome of a fight between gods is, don't you think this is a bit of an irrational thing to waste your power on? ...I mean, if you're going to fight, at least let me find someone willing to give me running commentary."

She nods a little, amusement quirking her lips. "After all, I wouldn't want to miss the first fight between gods. What a waste!"

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather

The Wyrmfather looked at the surrounding gods and spoke. Skaldi... was it? You misunderstand. There is no "vendetta". I'm not so petty that I would let this incident beget such a long lasting hatred, unless you truly wish to fight with me. Furthermore, perhaps if you could see why I might take offense to having my children insulted, in front of me no less, perhaps you would understand where our somewhat civilized discussion erred on the path of violence. As for you, Lord Mokaan, I AM perfect. You may not see this, although one day all shall, but to me it is undeniable truth. As for power... Power is a goal in it's own right, but power obtained for a greater purpose is all the sweeter. He who has the power makes the rules, and my children are the most powerful of the mortal realm.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-12-01 at 10:45 PM.