New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: LoC: Chains of Aeon - IC

Mokaan's eyebrows shoot up in amazement. "Really? You're perfect? Then tell me this, Wyrmfather: what is the value of a song?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tome-La

The Munok soul puppet feigns laughter and loudly whispers, "The Lie of Truth resides in a mind. Power results in long falls which hurt."
    Last edited by Moose Fisher; 2008-12-04 at 10:01 PM.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Skaldi
    The dwarf laughed harder than ever before, or ever since.
    "HEHEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHEHAHEHA H...oh, oh, my sides...HEHEHEHEHeHEHEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...really me sides are killing me, stop, stop, it hurts...AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHA HOHO WHOOO!" The dwarf god went on for some minutes, before wiping tears from his eyes. "You are as perfect as I am short, Zanathul. If you're so damn perfect, you would have made a worker race for your "great creations" instead of just stealin' mine. If you were a mighty empire builder, then why did you start with lowly elementals, who only gather shiny baubles...You are a "perfect god" alright, as perfect as you are a scaly bastard! No vendetta, no. competition, a friendly competition."
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

4. - Top - End - #244

Aarshiya sighs softly at the Wyrmfather's insistence of perfection; she could make mention that no one is perfect, and that perfection to him is quite different from what her perfection would be, but what would be the purpose of that? And then everyone else jumps in, to challenge the god again, and she sighs once more.

"You know this is ridiculous, right? Zanathul, can you give me a bit more...concrete description of what you and your children look like? Or at least let me touch you to find out? Because while all this talk of them being lithe and graceful and regal, etc, etc, is well and good, I still have no idea what you actually look like."
    Last edited by hi-mi-tsu; 2008-12-01 at 10:59 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245

Tome-La

Tome-La pulls the soul puppet back and steps into the verbal fray. His voice carries high and loops about as he says, "Continue your conversation with the Blind One, Wyrm, but would you agree to a competition between either yourself and Skaldi or your creations?

Do you, Skaldi agree to this as well? A competition I will design and have either yourselves or mortal followers perform? It can be three tasks, or one, I really don't care. I am neutral in all this mess so I will design something to challenge you or your flock equally."
    Last edited by Moose Fisher; 2008-12-01 at 11:12 PM.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

6. - Top - End - #246

Skaldi, freaking out abotu a past life
    "NO no no no no, no more contests between mortals, I had enough of it as Zu- oh nevermind that last bit" He stammered "But no, the dragons would EAT my dwarves, this has to be a creation showdown, with a neutral judge".
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather

The Wyrmfather nods to Mokaan first. Song? Songs are meant to entertain or to convey a message in a lyrical form. He then turns to the Blind One. How about I show you. I know you cannot see, but I could show you an image in your mind... And he finally smiles sweetly to Skaldi. Why should I have, when they can command lessers like YOUR children? But no, you're right. They should have mortals that can match, in some part at least, their magnificence and work to spread their, and by extension my own, power. So saying the Wyrmfather reached down and found the Dwarves and the Purple Dragons. Skaldi was right about one thing at least, the Dwarves were sturdy. A perfect place to start. Taking a few of the Dwarves, and plucking some of the scales from his body, one of each color, he changed the Dwarves. They remained short, but they became more wirey and more regal in form, more dragonlike. They grew scales and had tough hides, and some even had the wings of Dragons. They had powerful jaws and spoke the dragons language with a yapping bark, like a dog. He created many, of all different shades. They were not as perfect as the Dragons, but they were leagues above any other mortal like them. He distributed them to all of his children currently in the world.

0AP=3AP-3AP(beget Kobolds, I may centralize them more depending on how many we create at first)
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-12-01 at 11:39 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

8. - Top - End - #248

"You can do that?" Aarshiya smiles up at the dragon god, all of the past conversation melting away. "If you can do that, I'd love to see."

Her voice is almost wistful, for a moment. "I hope they really are pretty..."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather

The massive dragon smiled, and he breathed out. An odd gaseous stuff came swirled around, it was lavender, and twinkled in the light. It enveloped Aarshiya, and when she breathed it in visions, pictures, as complete as if she had the eyes of an eagle, every detail visible. First, came the Wyrmfather, then all of his children, from the powerful red to the proud white, and then his latest creations, the Kobolds. There were no words, but she felt with a surety as if she had seen them a thousand times before which was which.

10. - Top - End - #250

Skaldi, Impressed with the Wyrmfather
    "All right, ye made a squishy little bugger, But i'll make something a bit...scarier!". With that, he summoned up a bit of metal from the very earth, and twisted it into the shape of a large lizard, gave it Falcon's wings, a scorpion's tail, added some lightning, and stuck the head of a dwarf, with feline characteristics on it. He breathed life into it, and instantly the mighty Dwarfticore was born. He placed it at the peak of the mount, and whispered secret knowlege to it, and it multiplied. It could shoot lightning from its tail, and could fly faster than anything, with savage claws and a maw that could crush boulders. They were keepers of good things and protectors of Dwarf-Kind. He smiled at his new creation and said to his dragon god peer, "I outdid ya there, with your tiny little whelp againt my Dwarfticore, there aint a chance!"

0=3-3 Spawn monster

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

11. - Top - End - #251

"Oh..." Aarshiya breathes, eyes sliding closed underneath her blindfold; the colors, the sounds, the way the light glinted off the scales--it was nearly overwhelming. And these creatures, large, majestic, dominant...so powerful...there was very little in them that reminded her of one of the little scurrying lizards.

But...even so, even as she admired their beauty and their grace in the sky, she knew they weren't perfect. Gripped with the same arrogance of their father, holding themselves in higher stead than the other creations, believing themselves the best things that could ever be made...no, they were not perfect.

Still...

"They're beautiful." She was never one to lie, after all...and for all their flaws, they were still quite lovely.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather

The Dragongod smiled down upon Aarishiya. Thank you. He turned to Skaldi. Please. I wasn't trying to partake in your little competition, besides my Kobold fulfill their purpose too a T. They are industrious, loyal, hard-working and selfless. They revere my children and myself, and aim to be more like them, while working for the betterment of their tribes, for the betterment of myself, and for the betterment of my children. They are proud of their collective achievements, as well they should be, for they can do more in a group than even my children alone could. And I would watch what you say about my Kobold, they are related in part to your Dwarves, being as they are created from them.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Tanafriti and Sallyn hovering above the waters

"So, Sallyn, what say you? Is this idea not grand? Allow us to begin this work, if you so agree."
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Naraldi, below Tanafriti

Rising up from the waters, Naraldi addressed Tanafriti.

"Please forgive my intrusion, but I have overheard part of your plan. Indeed, it would prove quite an... interesting experiment. Hmm... perhaps I shall assist you in this? Watching these other gods has been a bit tiresome, so many of them lack imagination."
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2008-12-02 at 08:51 AM.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

15. - Top - End - #255

Skaldi
    The Dwarf god was rubbing his neck, yet again. "Ya know, I bet I'll grow attatched to yer little...Kobolds right? They seem to love the ground, and I think they're going to be livin there for quite a while, eh?" He said "You're right, they are my dwarf's brothers in blood, I will not harm them, and my dwarves will not war with them, unless they attack".

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Above the Waters

Strange these twisting waters seemed at first, though Tanafriti knew exactly who this being was the instant she spoke.

"You must be the daughter of the Imp King, born from the waters he separated out during creation, no? I suppose your help would be... acceptable. What was it you wished to do exactly?"
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

"Why simply this."

With a flourish of her arms, Naraldi spun to face the world, the waters parting before her. A great mass of land was revealed, being drawn up from the sea floor.

"Here, I give you land for the completion of your project. In return, I ask only that I be allowed to... play with them from time to time. Oh, don't worry, I wouldn't ever intentionally break your toys. Just be sure you make them tough."

With a wink and a grin, Naraldi's form dissipated into mere water and rained down on the ocean surrounding this new land.

Spoiler
    Show
    (AP 2 = 9 - 7(Terraform)) Created 10 squares of "blank" land centered on 22,22

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Mokaan shakes his head. "That is the definition of a song. When you and your children find the value of a song, come tell me. Then they will be one step closer to their goal.

That being said, I wonder if I could borrow a few of your kobolds, Wyrmfather. Truly, they are another masterpiece, and with your permission I would like to find a family of kobolds willing to live with the Sidhe - there are many mountains in my lands. It's simply that I'm in awe of your beautiful creations, and I know that they would get along perfectly with the Sidhe."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I suppose that saves me some work. I must thank... And she's gone. Interesting child, that one. Well then, my son, it seems our work is nearly half done."

Turning back towards the new land, Tanafriti began to shape it. In the middle arose a vast plateau, high above the surrounding lands while jungles grew in to surround the plateau on two sides.

Tanafriti alighted on the plateau itself and began to transplant various plants and animals from across the world to prepare it. Fruited trees and bushes were gathered from the Ancient Gardens and planted about the plateau to provide food. Large canopy trees were gathered from the forests and planted to provide cooling shade. Animals of many types were also gathered, such as the birds and insects to fill the air, the horses, cattle, and small mammals, and even a few of the large cats to stalk the night.

"Yes, this is starting to look right. I quite like it. Now, but one final touch and you may begin your part, my son."

Tanafriti mixed Water with the Earth of the plateau to form clay, from which was molded a form similar to the races which already walked the world. Into this was infused the Fire of life to animate it and the Air of ambition to keep them ever moving forward. As the first few began to walk about and converse with one another, Tanafriti smiled.

"My children, you are more interesting than I had hoped. I will call you 'man' and you 'woman.' Eat of the fruits of the trees and multiply to fill this land which I have given you. Name the plants and animals musical names, and glory in the Cosmic Danse which has finally brought you into being through me, your god.

Soon, another will come to bring you knowledge and teach you in the ways you are to go. Treat this, my son, with the respect he deserves, lest I destroy you in my wrath. Peace be with you."

And with that, Tanafriti ascended back into the heavens to watch over the new flock and protect them from the influences of any but Sallyn, at least until his job could be completed.

Spoiler
    Show
    (AP 3 = 9 - 3(Greater Shape Land: Plateau at 22,22; two jungles at 22,21 and 23,22; and "garden" on top of the plateau) - 3(Beget Race: Humans))
    Last edited by Rizban; 2008-12-06 at 07:19 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

As Naraldi swims through the oceans, she feels a bit lonely. So, she creates some friends to swim with her.

(AP 0 = 2 - 1(Create Animals: Fish) - 1(Create Animals: Sea Mammals))

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261

Sallyn looked at the fertile ground. It was good. Thoughts would grow as well as plants on grounds like this. He reached out and with one hand touched the heads of each. They needed to understand, and so Sallyn made them understand. He drew in their minds, images of things to come, broad fields with workers and a good harvest, great tall edifices stretching to grasp the sky, and then slowly worked his way back to a single idea. A simple structure, walls of mud and straw, or perhaps wood with a roof of leaves or straw thatching. Sallyn gave them the idea of using the land, improving it to their needs and then left them to do with it as he guessed they would.
    Go now. You have much work to do Children.
    Spoiler
    Show

(AP 4 = 9 - 5(Create Concept: Developed Land)) Created the Mortal Action: Build Town (per Rizban, he's putting it up on the wiki)
    You don't want the monster? You don't throw the switch.
    Awesome Avatar by Starwoof

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

The Children of Tana

Fertile minds indeed, for the Tanafriti's children quickly took what they had learned from Sallyn and began to work the land to bring forth ever greater supplies of food. As food became more dependable, the need to travel further and further in search of game and fresh fruit diminished, allowing these humans to settle down and build a permanent village amidst their crops.

Spoiler
    Show
    Children of Tana

Current Production 0 = 1 - 1(Build Town)

((Listing the following every time isn't necessary, though it's helpful. I'm doing so here as an example and will most likely always post it as it changes to keep things up to date. While we don't require that everyone do this, it's at least encouraged.))

Traits: Tribal

Current Stats:
    Population: 2
    Production: 1
    Culture: 2
    Faith: 1
    Military: 0/1

[hr]The following is just a break down of where those statistics came from and is not necessary by any means.

Population: 2 = 1(Base) + 1(Tier 1 Population Improvement: Town)
    Production: 1(Base)
    Culture: 2 = 1(Base) + 1(Garden terrain feature)
    Faith: 1(Base)
    Military: 0/1 = 0(Base) + 1(Defense from Plateau terrain feature)

Population is 2 (~2000 people) from the base population and the bonus from the town.

As of next rollover, the Children of Tana will only have 1 Production to spend, because they may have 2 Population, but only the base 1 Production to gather. They would need an additional source of Production to gather more.

The Garden Terrain Feature provides some food, giving them more time to spend on developing their Culture.

Faith remains at the base level of 1.

They have 0 Military, but the plateau Terrain Feature is difficult to assault, granting a +1 Military on defense that is ineffective against air attacks.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2008-12-02 at 01:47 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

*Imp King et al. On the moon*

His big green eye glinted with hints of malice as he faded into the background. He was perhaps disappointed to see the altercation not come to blows. Oh well, conflict was conflict and it certainly made things interesting. For now, he simply sits with folded legs and continues to watch

*Sometime after the meeting on the moon...*

*The Imp King and an unsuspecting human woman*

"Heya, Sweetheart. Apple?"
    I apologize for drawing CockroachTeaParty as a winged centaur.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jin: By himself

And thus he was done. Jin had covered every landmass he knew of or could simply see from the sky and had analyzed everything and everyone. He had even analyzed the anatomy of every creature there was, except the dragons and those... Dwarfticores. Too big. What amazed him the most were the stone creatures, dwarves the purple dragons called them. Unlike the other creatures, they did not possess muscles or the like, their bodies were not even composed of sections which permitted movement. They were simply living chunks of rock. The living magic that possessed them allowed them to shift and morph the stone of their bodies and permit movement. They were living embodiments of the earth.
    Jin began to transcribe these thoughts into a strange object he called a "book" that he found in another of his gauntlet's compartments. He used a series of symbols that the seven geniuses invented collaboratively and that only they could understand.
    "Name: Dragons
    Description: Large scaled, winged lizards. Fierce and violent creatures, possess large claws, nigh impenetrable scales, mind altering abilities, abilities sorcerous in nature, and powerful breath attacks. 10 variations with different breath attacks. Domineering and often control lesser beings to do their labor for them. Clever. Apparently do not like me. Taste fairly good..."

Through his labor, Jin had also found 23 different materials/objects that possessed potent, strange powers and properties. He also found over 200 other materials that possessed lesser abilities, some barely even noticeable.
    "Hmm... I think I'll call it Magic... Yes... Magic..."
    The book clapped as Jin shut it and he decided to make one last check to see if he missed anything before taking his nap. He opened his wood and obsidian box, summoning forth a dimensional door to the astral sea through which he stepped through. He looked down and his seven geniuses quickly analyzed and absorbed the different views of the planet and forced a sigh out of his body. There was a new landmass, larger than any of the others. It was evident from the massive and possibly destructive waves that emanated from the landmass that it was recently risen. Jin's nap would have to wait. He reopened the doorway and stepped onto the new land, bearing an ear to ear grin brought on by the possibility of new discoveries.
    Seriously. Do it.

Life is hard, life is harder when you're stupid
    Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265

Tome-La, M...O...O..N...S...I...D...E

Tome-La tilts his head up and huffs, "Well, I'll still make up and store the rules away if there ever is the need of a competition."

He turns his attention to Mokaan, maneuvering himself to stand beside the musical god. He politely coughs to bring attention to himself before saying,
    "Speaking of your creations, how are they? I spoke with Awsh and Elyna a while back, very nice. Perhaps I could visit them again?"

26. - Top - End - #266
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tresnaya, Surface of the Moon

The moon slowly drifted until the island Tress had made was fully in view. From here, it was obvious: it had obviously stopped moving, having been anchored to the ground by her eldest son's additions.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Alemar; The Atmosphere

Alemar watched as the two strangers went down to the planet. He watched as another god came up from the waters and created a huge island. He smiled to himself as he watched Tanafriti build the plateau and the jungles. He looked on curiously as the humans were built and taught.

Finally, he flew down until he hovered just a few inches off the ground behind Tanafriti. He called out to him. "Greetings! Wonderful work you've done here. What do you call those creatures?"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jiryiin: On the new continent

Jin had observed these new beings, humans they called themselves, and realized that they had surprisingly similar anatomies to the elves. "Ke ke ke... Dissection is fun!" Jin frowned. "Shut up Crimson..." Jin continued to observe them, realizing that they possessed something called "agriculture" and were beginning to make "civilizations". "Why didn't we think of that?" "Because you were too busy harassing dragons!" Jin's frown deepened. "I said shut up Crimson..."
    Jin shakes his head, silencing Crimson's voice, and continues to observe the humans, analyzing, memorizing, and mentally improving the logistics and even the very basis of these strange new concepts.
    Last edited by Fierywasabi231; 2008-12-02 at 07:14 PM.
    Seriously. Do it.

Life is hard, life is harder when you're stupid
    Monkey Sword Fight!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Wyrmfather

Merely nodding absentmindedly to Skaldi, and ignoring Mokaan's comment about song, he responded. I would be willing to do this, in exchange for some of your people, or instead aid in creating something new in the future, but there are but a thousand of them, and I have gifted one hundred to each pair of my children. If I had more I'm sure we could work something out. Perhaps after they have had some time to grow in numbers.

30. - Top - End - #270

Skaldi, Speaking With Wyrmfather
    "I guess we can do that" He said, "In the future, when they get to a higher population".

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker