New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

There was too much talking on the last page and I didn't bother reading it, so could someone tell me what you were talkin about.
    Last edited by chriky; 2008-11-29 at 04:20 AM.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

confused Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

I have some questions:
    1. What was it I said in Memnarchs last comic? (Sidenote: Godmoding?, My idea is that I sneak in through a wall and posses a weak minded guard thus letting the others get in while the other guards are confused and take oyt the hacker).
    2. Why do I have fries? I can't eat anything non-ghost touch (I prefer ectoplasm) It's surprising enough that I wear a hat.
    3. What's a communist? I've always wondered (BRC is one thats all I know).
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I have some questions:
    1. What was it I said in Memnarchs last comic? (Sidenote: Godmoding?, My idea is that I sneak in through a wall and posses a weak minded guard thus letting the others get in while the other guards are confused and take oyt the hacker).
    2. Why do I have fries? I can't eat anything non-ghost touch (I prefer ectoplasm) It's surprising enough that I wear a hat.
    3. What's a communist? I've always wondered (BRC is one thats all I know).
    1) Dunno, gimme a sec to read it
    2) Who cares, just roll with it. They're ectoplasmic french fries.
    3) O_o
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    1) Dunno, gimme a sec to read it
    2) Who cares, just roll with it. They're ectoplasmic french fries.
    3) O_o
    1. Okay.
    2. I don't wan't fries I wan't gnomish food (It's very highly flammable, but whatever).
    3. Oh right. USSR guys. They had the right idea but they forgot the fact that it's impossible due to human nature.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #305

1. Okay.
    2. I don't wan't fries I wan't gnomish food (It's very highly flammable, but whatever).
    3. Oh right. USSR guys. They had the right idea but they forgot the fact that it's impossible due to human nature.
    1) Oh yeah, I didnt understand that comic either.
    2) -
    3) No no no. Communism, they're doing it wrong. True marxist communism requires that there be no gov't. USSR was totalitarian gov't

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    1) Oh yeah, I didnt understand that comic either.
    2) -
    3) No no no. Communism, they're doing it wrong. True marxist communism requires that there be no gov't. USSR was totalitarian gov't
    3. Well to make a country with communism and keep people from killing and such you need a kind of governent (USSR just screwed it up) but one that make a police thing that helps if somebody gets attacked or similar not take control of everything.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Firbolg in the Playground

BRC, I was just thinking, why would Shizo let Oliver captain the vendetta? Maybe Oliver has had previous history with the Shizotechs, and this was a sign of good intention between the races. Thus, I think, when the hologram chat is going on, Oliver will be there and/or leading it. But first, he needs to recapture the vendetta, cause the Shizos won't be happy if their super-special-awesome-ship is destroyed.

Those soldiers don't currently exist. This is after the assumed meetings between Feldgrau and Shizotech. Currently, they all are wielding blackpowder weapons and sabers, think War of 1812. Shizotech has futuristic tech (from our point of view), thus, they wouldn't give the grays all the best gear. Those are modern-ish (maybe a bit future) guns that those grays are wielding.

8. - Top - End - #308

3. Well to make a country with communism and keep people from killing and such you need a kind of governent (USSR just screwed it up) but one that make a police thing that helps if somebody gets attacked or similar not take control of everything.
    ...which is exactly why communism doesn't work.

9. - Top - End - #309

Maybe we should stop talking about the workings of Communism, we don't want this thread locked.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

My views on government:

Communism = tough but fair
    Democracy = works well in theory

But seriously, lets stop. No thread locked.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2008-11-29 at 08:49 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    BRC, I was just thinking, why would Shizo let Oliver captain the vendetta? Maybe Oliver has had previous history with the Shizotechs, and this was a sign of good intention between the races. Thus, I think, when the hologram chat is going on, Oliver will be there and/or leading it. But first, he needs to recapture the vendetta, cause the Shizos won't be happy if their super-special-awesome-ship is destroyed.
    Maybe the Vendetta is a leftover from the time of Schizian Imperialism, when they actively tried to conquer territories because their island was running out of resources and before they discovered the advanced technology in Mesa Canyon. Centuries later, in ~1520, the aircraft was rediscovered and repaired, then given to the Grey.

12. - Top - End - #312

Quote Originally Posted by chriky View Post
    There was too much talking on the last page and I didn't bother reading it, so could someone tell me what you were talkin about.
    Talking? in a Discussion Thread! Seriously, what's up with that!

@Mad Mask, makes sense to me, although I can never understand the timeline.

13. - Top - End - #313

Why are they always confusing....

First panel, a bit of small talk; second panel, basically asking if there's anything that should/shouldn't be done while assaulting the engineering room. For example, causing the room to explode (might destroy Ven).

And it's burgers and fries because those are the easiest fast food foods to draw.

Edit; oh yeah, chriky. Basically, it was how do you wipe out the sovice stuff without making them stronger.

I still would like to know what's the scale on the diagram lying made.
    Last edited by memnarch; 2008-11-29 at 09:02 AM.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post

@Mad Mask, makes sense to me, although I can never understand the timeline.
    Tell me about it. I gave up months ago.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

@Menmarch, Yeah I got it, too busy to do anything today, might be able to get somthing done tommorow though.

Concerning The Vendetta and Oliver, I didn't get the impression that it was All Schitzian technology, but they may have added alot of the high-tech stuff (Ven, the elevators, it's probably got some missles, stuff like that).

Hmm, going with the "Imperial Beguilers Infiltrate Schitzotech" Description (which I should put on the wiki), maybe Oliver was in Shchitzotech for some reason, working for the government (Perhaps he was a prisoner, or they needed him to do some reactor work, relying on his fortitude as a Grey to let him survive long enough to finish the job) when he discovered the beguilers, rooted out the conspiracy, and free'd Schitzotech from Moon Elf rule. Out of gratitude, they gave him the Vendetta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Why are they always confusing....

First panel, a bit of small talk; second panel, basically asking if there's anything that should/shouldn't be done while assaulting the engineering room. For example, causing the room to explode (might destroy Ven).

And it's burgers and fries because those are the easiest fast food foods to draw.

Edit; oh yeah, chriky. Basically, it was how do you wipe out the sovice stuff without making them stronger.

I still would like to know what's the scale on the diagram lying made.
    1. Did I say we should attack the Ven room or the burger room.
    2. I don't eat fries.
    3. I'm a ghost I can't eat normal fries.
    4. We figured 2 and 3 out so just answer 1, you little god-modder.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Fries are never godmodding. It's a small thing.

Killing me and shoving my ashes in a bag and burning the bag ISN'T.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2008-11-29 at 09:21 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

1. Did I say we should attack the Ven room or the burger room.
    2. I don't eat fries.
    3. I'm a ghost I can't eat normal fries.
    I assume that as you joined the group of people who are trying to free Ven, you were asking how to assault that room. But you may have been asking how you should attack the burger bar, just for lulz.

And maybe the fries weren't yours? Maybe they belonged to Q and he just put them in front of you because you weren't eating?

And having someone say something isn't God-modding. Killing someone in an inescapable manner for no reason or taking control of another character is God-modding.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Fries are never godmodding. It's a small thing.
    I meant making ME suggest an assault, if he wan't it suggested he should do so himself. The rules say that making people say or do things is god-mod (I know it's a bit low but I don't like that he made me say it plus I'm the lowest leveled person on the team).

Killing me and shoving my ashes in a bag and burning the bag ISN'T.
    Let it drop Jason Doomsblade Killed LEROY when he entered but you let that drop

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    I assume that as you joined the group of people who are trying to free Ven, you were asking how to assault that room. But you may have been asking how you should attack the burger bar, just for lulz.

And maybe the fries weren't yours? Maybe they belonged to Q and he just put them in front of you because you weren't eating?

And having someone say something isn't God-modding. Killing someone in an inescapable manner for no reason or taking control of another character is God-modding.
    see above. He had no reason to make it me, but okay I'm sorry for complaining.

What about my idea about possesing a guard and make chaos so the others could take out the hacker?
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2008-11-29 at 09:37 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

I meant making ME suggest an assault, if he wan't it suggested he should do so himself. The rules say that making people say or do things is god-mod (I know it's a bit low but I don't like that he made me say it plus I'm the lowest leveled person on the team).
    Is that really such a big deal either? I mean it shows that you were remembered.

I'd actually be quite flattered (although it'd make no sense for my character to be asking that).

They make you suggest a plan. So?

Let it drop Jason Doomsblade Killed LEROY when he entered but you let that drop
    Yes, but I wasn't in ABR then.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

(1)Is that really such a big deal either? I mean it shows that you were remembered.

I'd actually be quite flattered (although it'd make no sense for my character to be asking that).

(2)They make you suggest a plan. So?

(3)Yes, but I wasn't in ABR then.
    1. Meh yo're probably right nevermind.
    2. I just suggested a plan.
    3. Neither was I.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

1. Meh yo're probably right nevermind.
    2. I just suggested a plan.
    3. Neither was I.
    1. Of COUSRE I'm right. I'm ALWAYS right!
    2. Exactly! You just suggested a plan! That's it!
    3. Which is why you and I are dropping Jason killing Leroy, and not you killing me.

(tis a joke, by the way.)
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2008-11-29 at 09:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

biggrin Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

1. Of COUSRE I'm right. I'm ALWAYS right!
    2. Exactly! You just suggested a plan! That's it!
    3. Which is why you and I are dropping Jason killing Leroy, and not you killing me.

(tis a joke, by the way.)
    HA HA HA...

I didn't get it
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

My views on government:

Communism = tough but fair
    Democracy = works well in theory

But seriously, lets stop. No thread locked.
    Other way round Q.

Communism is great in theory, but its horrible practically.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's face it, pretty much every form of government works well in theory, but is messed up practically, by the simple fact that we're all humans. And with that we end the talk about politics out of fear of threadlockery.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

HA HA HA...

I didn't get it
    There's nothing to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Other way round Q.

Communism is great in theory, but its horrible practically.
    I would offer my opinions on why I don't think that is so, but we're treading on thin ice as it is. Real world issues aren't really a good thing to talk about here, so I suggest we all let it drop.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

There's nothing to get.
    THE JOKE. I didn't get your joke, Geez.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Idea of Epic Proporations!
    The Skornbail Incident
    or
    What happened in Schitzotech
    or
    How Oliver got the Vendetta
    or
    The Sinister Plot
    or
    They would have gotten away with it too if it wern't for that meddling Gray.
    Spoiler
    Show

A group of Beguilers working for the Moon Elves infiltrate Schitzotech and, using their magic, begin influencing the government. Whilst attempting to figure out a way to bring the province under the Dragon Queen’s Wing they discover two projects being built in the crucial port city of Skornbail. The first is a magnificent airship, currently unnamed, being built by Schitzotech’s finest Technomancers. The second project is to construct a large force of multi-purpose robots (Sort of an earlier version of the Dettas). The Beguilers spent a long time encouraging both these projects. They managed to augment the airship with some powerful magic items looted from Arcania and brought in by secret. They intended to name it the Iron Dragon, and to present it as a gift to Sildyu. An Impenetrable flying fortress from which she could lead her draconic forces.
    They also encouraged the second project, and altered the designs to make the robots more combat-capable. Then, one night, they Dominated a crucial programmer and had him make a few changes. The Robots would secure Skornbail as a beachhead for Moon Elven forces. Once the imperial troops arrived, they would join them in conquering the rest of the province. Skornbail was a crucial railway juncture, and was close to the capital City of Technograd, this would mean that the Crimson Legions would have trouble coordinating a defense, and would be afraid to damage the city too much for fear of losing its crucial infrastructure. The next day, the Robot’s rose up and flooded the city with toxic gas. Killing everybody, well, almost.
    The Beguilers had protected themselves from the gas. But one other person survived. A week or so earlier, a ship had been wrecked in a storm, and it’s lifeboats had washed up on the Schitzian shore. Their passengers were taken by Skornbail as prisoners, and kept in holding until they could be shipped off to somewhere else. One of those prisoners, was Oliver. The Grey’s racial fortitude allowed Oliver to survive the gas until the Robots shut it off. He then worked his way through the dead city until he found out what had happened, and was able to stop the beguilers and was able to remove the robot’s supply of toxic gas. This allowed the Crimson Legions to move in and retake the city, Oliver greeted them while standing on the backs of the tied-up beguilers, and explained what had happened. The Schitzotech government claimed that Oliver had been an agent for them the entire time, working to root out this conspiracy (too many troops had heard about it for the news to be hushed up). He was given a shiny medal, and command of the Airship, augmented by looted Arcanian items (Including some Jovocain generators), which was Renamed the Vendetta.
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-11-29 at 11:14 AM.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Idea of Epic Proporations!
    The Skornbail Incident
    or
    What happened in Schitzotech
    or
    How Oliver got the Vendetta
    or
    The Sinister Plot
    or
    They would have gotten away with it too if it wern't for that meddling Gray.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*
    Ah. It all makes sense now.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Ah. It all makes sense now.
    Yeah, somebody should add this stuff to the Wiki. I should do it, except that I'm only escaping clean up duties (Family reunion for thanksgiving, long story) by pretendin to be writing a paper on Death of a Salesman, which I really need to get back to work on... Maybe later tonight I'll do it.
    [/Center]