New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Here's my idea:

We have the main scene showing the action and the character's saying their lines, plus whatever is appropriate for them.
    Below that we have a caption box with fancy writing and all relaying the Narrator's prose.

That way, we can have our characters be themselves to some extent and still have the story told. For example, Randomiser (or Nameless) could waltz in for a moment to complain about not being the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come

2. - Top - End - #662
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    For example, Randomiser (or Nameless) could waltz in for a moment to complain about not being the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come
    Idea: We constantly switch between panel as a joke, and bicker when Quooge isnt watching us.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

I think it makes sence for Nameless to be Yet to Come since he's Death and all.

4. - Top - End - #664

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I think it makes sence for Nameless to be Yet to Come since he's Death and all.
    Trust me Nameless, you are not scary enough to be Yet to Come.
    You may look like him

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ettin in the Playground

This arguing is exactly the reason I suggested one of you showing up and complaining.

Anyways, I'm just gonna have some dinner and then I'm gonna put together an intro tale featuring baby Q.

6. - Top - End - #666

Anyways, I'm just gonna have some dinner and then I'm gonna put together an intro tale featuring baby Q.
    Satisfactory.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    He's the cover I made for the Christmas Carol.

Spoiler
    Show

What do you think?
    Question: Are you too lazy to fix Nameless's cloak so it wont look like a train wreck ? Because it is that way ever since you first drew him.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

8. - Top - End - #668

As we seem to be doing theme music, here's mine.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    Question: Are you too lazy to fix Nameless's cloak so it wont look like a train wreck ? Because it is that way ever since you first drew him.
    I'm too lazy to do it right now.

I guess if it looks horrible I might as well change it pretty soon.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #670

Kobold

I'm too lazy to do it right now.

I guess if it looks horrible I might as well change it pretty soon.

Ask yourself this: Do YOU like it ? Then you will know.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

11. - Top - End - #671
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    Ask yourself this: Do YOU like it ? Then you will know.
    I'm perfectly okay with it. I'm not normally good with robes, but I personally think I did moderately okay with Nameless'.

But now that you say it looks likt a train wreck I'm starting to doubt that....

.....Should I be scared? I can't possibly imagine what this could mean....
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2008-12-05 at 05:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ettin in the Playground

.....Should I be scared? I can't possibly imagine what this could mean....
    A bedtime story for baby Q seems the most logical way into the tale.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Troll in the Playground

A bedtime story for baby Q seems the most logical way into the tale.
    Oh.

I see. Confusion obliterated. Thanks.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I've written it to 14 frames with 2 new templates to make, so it could be a little while.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I've written it to 14 frames with 2 new templates to make, so it could be a little while.
    You predict the number of frames you use before making a comic?!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #676

It helps with size management and you also don't get carried away with text too often as well.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    Idea: We constantly switch between panel as a joke, and bicker when Quooge isnt watching us.
    I like this idea.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, I've got a baby Q design to finish up and then the rest of the page should be fairly easy, mostly posing.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Mad Mask presents:

The Green Lantern: Although the Green Lantern once commanded the entire Alphantican armed forces, today it is mostly a figure of head.

The High Senator (de facto Commander-in-Chief): The High Senator has ruled the armed forces since 1423, when High Senator Spheniscus Forsteri took command after the capital was conquered and the Green Lantern captured. A century later, the High Senator still rules unofficially as the commander-in-chief.

The Senate: The Senate functions as an advisor to the High Senator and is responsible for negotiations and strategy.

The General of the Army: The General of the Army commands the entire Alphantican Army and represents it on the Senate. The current General of the Army is Demersus Eudyptes.

The Admiral of the Fleet: The General of the Army commands the entire Alphantican Navy and represents it on the Senate. The current Admiral of the Fleet is Scelis Icadyptes.
    Fascinating.

Here's my take on the Alphantican government:

The Senate: The Senate of Alphantica is the highest political institution of Alphantica. It holds authority over matters of foreign policy, administration, and general use of government funds. Its body is made up of the nobility of Alphantica. Although technically every noble has a seat in the Senate (metaphorically, the only chair in the chamber is that of the High Senator), not every noble has interest in the Senate and by tradition only one member of each noble family is present in the Senate.

The High Senator: The effective head of government in Alphantica, the High Senator is chosen by the Senate to represent its will. The office was originally conceived to combat the crippling amount of stagnation in the Senate. The High Senator has the responsibility of carrying out the decrees of the Senate, of being Alphantica's representative in negotiations with foreign powers, and commanding the military as its commander-in-chief. The High Senator also presides over Senate sessions of great importance. High Senators serve for terms of five years, after which the Senate can renew their position or choose a new senator. In times of desperation, an emergency motion can be made to make a vote of no confidence in the High Senator and select a new one. This emergency motion must be supported by 3/4 of the Senate. The current High Senator of Alphantica is Lord Ovmondi O'Tvor

The War Council of Generals A council of generals presides over the day-to-day operations of the army. In times of war, the council selects a Grand Marshal to command the entire land forces of Alphantica.

The War Council of Admirals A council of admirals presides over the day-to-day operations of the navy. In times of war, the council selects a Grand Admiral to command the entire naval forces of Alphantica.

The Colonel-in-Chief The head of the Senatorial Guard, an elite group of soldiers tasked to defend the Senate at all cost. The Colonel-in-Chief reports directly to the High Senator of Alphantica. The current Colonel-in-Chief is Sir Olav Nils.

The Arcane Lantern: A nigh-omniscient being of pure arcane energy, the Lantern is worshipped by the guinoids of Alphantica. Although the Arcane Lantern officially exists seperate from the Alphantican government, in truth it has quite a measure of influence over the Senate. The Lantern is served by its Knights, an order of highly elite gishes who are augmented by the Lantern's power. They are closest thing a clergy Alphantica had.
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2008-12-06 at 12:07 AM.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    EDIT: The book is here, if anyone wants to read it.
    Good thing my characters are in the first stave. I've got a fair enough idea of how my bit's going to go, then. Though I'll have to make a few templates.
    You predict the number of frames you use before making a comic?!
    Well, I, for one, know what's going to happen over the course of the comic, and before I start working I need an idea for what I need to do in each frame. Thus, I have a fairly good idea of how many frames are required. I tend to underestimate the space I need for dialogue, though.
    Last edited by Ninja Chocobo; 2008-12-06 at 07:56 AM.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

I never actually plan my comics out when I'm making them. I just sort of go with the flow.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ettin in the Playground

I've scripted all of my comics. In Remember I make a separate Word file to script in, with text boxes standing in for frames (Which is also how I make scripts for Population: Zero, so it must work well to some effect). Most times in ABR unless it's something seriously big I'll make the dialogue and frames in InkScape and then add all the other details, so I always end up with the right number of frames for what I need to show.

EDIT: I'm now down to dialogue on the opening comic
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2008-12-06 at 09:19 AM.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground

Lying, Awesome.

Are we all gonna participate in the ABR Xmas story thing? Or is it only one person?

24. - Top - End - #684
    Bugbear in the Playground

I wish I would come up with this stuff.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Lying, Awesome.

Are we all gonna participate in the ABR Xmas story thing? Or is it only one person?
    It wouldn't really be an ABR demi-plot if it were only one person. I think that it's probably everyone.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    Since I didnt read the discussion, who's going to be Scrooge?

Threescrooges, or maybe Mechascrooge....Scroogeless
    Q is being Scrooge as far as I know

27. - Top - End - #687
    Banned

I believe that (panda)TS was gonna be Tiny Tim. Or 'Tiny Timma', if you prefer.
    EDIT: Also, wrong thread.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2008-12-06 at 11:40 AM.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    I believe that (panda)TS was gonna be Tiny Tim. Or 'Tiny Timma', if you prefer.
    Tiny Threetim?

29. - Top - End - #689
    Banned

Tiny Threetim?
    Or maybe Timshades.

30. - Top - End - #690

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    And once more:
    A ? by the name indicates that they haven't agreed to it yet.
    This is the list for TS.