New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    Quebec is pretty ridiculous about their culture. They have "arręte" signs instead of "Stop" signs. I think even in France they use stop signs.

In school we're learning France French, even though I'm in Toronto. Then again, I'm also taking Latin, and Greek next year.
    I wish I could take Greek and Latin. I won't have the possibility before University.

By the way: I'm not sure a license is needed here, an education in teaching Frech is but nothing else.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Which is weird as Average Tremblay uses an excessive amount of English words, mostly transformed into verbs by adding -er. Average Tremblay also butchers his language by forgetting simple grammar and syntax. He is also incredibly nationalistic and paranoid about Englishmen.

Mo'm parker mon char pis te kicker avec mes chevals.
    lol, I was doing that in '97. Spalating :D
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Here is another "sneak pic" of a future comic:

This time it's the Alphantican Republic class Invincible with the Alphantican Victory behind it. Here is a small text describing this Fully Armoured Blattlecruiser:

"Pride of the Alphantican Navy, the AS Invincible is the largest warship ever built. Boasting an Arc 25 Force Battery and a massive VGG Cannon (Vengeful Gaze of God), it is one of the most powerful crafts constructed by hominids."

Comments are welcome.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-13 at 06:40 PM.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I've been noticing youve been illustrating Alphantica as fairly modern in terms of technology, which kind of clashes with the standard fantasy setting that most of ABRoy uses. Not critising, but just wondering why you decided to go that direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ettin in the Playground

You still make us all look unbelievably lazy, like you're the Threeshades and we're the Lyinginbedmon in the pairing of Population: Zero

6. - Top - End - #966
    Banned

I have an evil plan to move FFF, but I want to make sure Lying doesn't mind me interrupting his thing.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

or your the Ideas of me for Dawn of Yesterday and the rest of us are just me...
    Plain Lazy

EDIT:
    @^ hey hands off! I dibbed evil plot moving if Threeshades hadn't posted a plot moving comic by tomorrow!
    (and I promise it will be when Ive slept and woken up... not at like a second past midnight)
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2008-12-13 at 06:35 PM.
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

Technology from magic (Magitech), like in Eberron. Its still no worse than Lightning Trains. If you want, I could make it look archaic; it be very easy.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-13 at 06:37 PM.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Magic from technology (Magitech), like in Eberron. Its still no worse than Lightning Trains.
    I am proud to say that the DnD setting I'm currently running has good old-fashioned steam powered trains, no lightning involved.
    Actually, the last adventure involved the PC's stopping a plot by a major shipping house to cause a disaster at the demonstration of the first mmajor locomotive. The Pc's wen't up against a James Bond Expy, it was fun.

In other news, my philosophy teacher is insane.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Igon Minoblendy
    You still make us all look unbelievably lazy, like you're the Threeshades and we're the Lyinginbedmon in the pairing of Population: Zero
    I find it hard to believe that you consider yourself surpassed by someone who hasn't yet entered high school.

Quote Originally Posted by That Gremlin Guy
    I have an evil plan to move FFF, but I want to make sure Lying doesn't mind me interrupting his thing.
    Ah, stop adding more villains ! Why don't you simply go to Alphantica and help it defend against the RTS Sovereign ?

EDIT: Going to watch Star Trek now. I'll be back in 2 hours. Power transfer is taking longer then expected. Re-routing through the main deflector dish should take 20 minutes.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-13 at 06:52 PM.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, stop adding more villains ! Why don't you simply go to Alphantica and help it defend against the RTS Sovereign ?
    RTS?
    as in real-time strategy?
    because i don't actually know what it means otherwise...

EDIT: WOOO a fellow Trekky!
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2008-12-13 at 06:47 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

It means Royal Tajiran Ship.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Banned

I find it hard to believe that you consider yourself surpassed by someone who hasn't yet entered high school.

EDIT: Going to watch Star Trek now. I'll be back in 2 hours.
    What? I'm not adding more villains! If anything, I'm trying to wrap one up!
    I've regretted for a while bringing in Ovu Monobi, and although I've tried to keep his influence mostly indirect, I think that it's time.
    I promise, it won't even affect the others that much.
    (I was actually going to have Ovu Monobi attack Lying&co, but I changed my mind)

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
    RTS?
    as in real-time strategy?
    because i don't actually know what it means otherwise...

EDIT: WOOO a fellow Trekky!
    Royal Tarjian Ship.

What would the other nations call their ships?

ARS (Alphantican Republican Ship)
    SNS (Schitzotech National Ship)
    INS (Imperial Navy Ship for Blauport, a designation left over from the Empire of Man)
    [/Center]

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    What? I'm not adding more villains! If anything, I'm trying to wrap one up!
    I've regretted for a while bringing in Ovu Monobi, and although I've tried to keep his influence mostly indirect, I think that it's time.
    I promise, it won't even affect the others that much.
    (I was actually going to have Ovu Monobi attack Lying&co, but I changed my mind)
    I thought Ovu Monobi was a god? like Fayte...
    you know that the Universe Doesn't let us gods get involved too much right...
    Last time Fayte tried he ended up dead and an evil version of himself was brought into existence...
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

INS for Pericle ? I actually laughed at that one. They're lucky to be in the United Nations of Avbaroy.

^He's a demigod, actually. I think that he should get involved with the United Nations of Avbaroy. It'll be a nice gain for him.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-13 at 06:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    INS (Imperial Navy Ship for Blauport, a designation left over from the Empire of Man)
    That seems ironic now...

18. - Top - End - #978
    Banned

I thought Ovu Monobi was a god? like Fayte...
    you know that the Universe Doesn't let us gods get involved too much right...
    Last time Fayte tried he ended up dead and an evil version of himself was brought into existence...
    I know. He actually got forced into his own demiplane, and is completely trapped there. That's why he needs so many contacts and servants.
    And, as Mad Mask said, he's a demigod. He's actually not technically a god, it's complicated.
    And sorry, Mad Mask, I don't actually intend for Ovu Monobi to interfere that much again. Or, at all.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Q, your Plot 3 character is just a recoloured Captain Olimar with a beard, right?

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

INS for Pericle ? I actually laughed at that one. They're lucky to be in the United Nations of Avbaroy.

^He's a demigod, actually. I think that he should get involved with the United Nations of Avbaroy. It'll be a nice gain for him.
    I was just throwing ideas out there.
    Well, it's either that or BS (Blauport Ship), which has it's own problems.

OR, it could be BWS and BMS (Blauport War Ship and Blauport Merchant Ship), which would work.

There should be one tiny city-state on Pericle which insists on using the INS designation, saying that are what's left of the empire of man, and they will be back one day! Everybody thinks its adorable.
    [/Center]

21. - Top - End - #981
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Hey Q, your Plot 3 character is just a recoloured Captain Olimar with a beard, right?
    I guess so.

Here he is in his last comic apperence if you need to see him again.

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Plot 3

Spoiler
    Show

The Pikmin games are really easy to make fun of.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #982

I'm updating my templates. Here's a comparison, the new one is on the right.

Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2008-12-13 at 08:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

GODS OF ANY KIND DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! >.<

we do not get involved with the morals of men without risking our existence!!!
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2008-12-13 at 08:09 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

GODS OF ANY KIND DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! >.<

we do not get involved with the morals of men without risking our existence!!!
    We, the United Nations of Avbaroy, are stronger than any god, Mister Fayt. We will make the world a better place for all people. Peace, justice and hominid rights will become the norm. More international wars have been developed by the United Nations of Avbaroy this year then in all previous history. After uniting the planet, we will look into new horizons and explore strange new worlds, seeking out new civilizations. Magic will seem primitive and obsolete compared to us. There will be no revolts, no revolutions, no war, no crime. All will stand united, and become part of the Sovice. There will be no place for individuality once we have united the universe. There will be only Sovice. Your resistance is hopeless, Mister Fayt.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ogre in the Playground

Just a few Star Trek references there .

... but thing is....

We HaVe UlTiMaTe CoSmIc PoWeR!

so we dont belong to any one nation
    (lawl)

EDIT: Wohoo! Mister Fayt
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2008-12-13 at 08:27 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

You fail.

Once we complete pacifying other planes of existence such as the Nine Hells and the Abyss, we will wield the power of annihilating deities. Squark will be the first to fall; you, Mister Fayt, shall be next. There will be no coming back.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

ahahaha au contraire mon friend:

The universe needs sumone to oversee events.
    to watch over existance!
    this is my Job... it is my curse.

For each time you slay me i shall come back.
    and i will live forever...

It tough being the god of Fate

I mean Ive been alive since the dawn of time! the dawn of freaking time!
    and i still haven't solved this darn Rubix cube!

*points to cube on a table* STOP MOCKING ME!!!
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2008-12-13 at 08:40 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #988

@szilard, where's my grenadier?
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2008-12-13 at 08:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    All countries captured by romans where forced to speak latin. Therefore English is latin based (That doesn't mean it can't have got an influence from others just that it's based upon latin)
    Yesss...THEN it was taken over alternately by the Angles, Saxons, Vikings and Normans.

English is a hodgepodge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    My french teacher says we should use english words if we can't remember the french ones, so english must be very influenced by latin.
    Not completely so! They're mostly heavily influenced by French, due to the aforementioned Normans.
    And I have an urge to ressurect Plot 3.
    I'd go along with it, but I just can't freaking write at the moment.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

my hands are cold so i had to take a break from making comics...
    and then i forgot all my ideas...
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show