New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

I just noticed something. Tiffanie Lirle's new OOTS style comic was locked! And no reason for why was given!

Does anybody know why?
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    How to make my effects, by Shades of Gray. You better take notes, as there will be an exam on Friday.

Spoiler
    Show

Well using Inkscape I made a gradient effect. (press Ctrl-F, go to Fill, click on the gradient button, the burst or the fade from left to right), then I made a gradient with three colours, red, orange, and yellow.

Then I drew a shape:

I then copied and pasted it a buncha times, rotated them, and ended up with this:

Next, I used the "Union" tool to make it one shape, Ctrl-G would also work.

I then removed the stroke paint. It is at this point I used the gradient in a burst effect.

Then, I altered the nodes to make them a bit elongated, I made one extremely elongated

Finally, I added a little blur, and a blurred out gradient circle behind it.

For the dark Ice, I drew a shape:

Made a gradient:

Finally, I applied the gradient in a burst, removed the stroke, and blurred it a bit.

Edit: Once you have the basics down, you can play with it a little. By using similar techniques, I made this (Very Screen-stretching)
    Spoiler
    Show

I shall claim my revenge with your own effects.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

ROW ROW
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Fight the power!
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Anybody else wanna discuss their character's tropes?
    Ehm. For Science and Our Vampires Are Different are the only ones that come to mind straight away. I may get back to you on that.
    EDIT:
    R&N:
    Spoiler
    Show
    For Science
    Cargo Ship
    Mad Scientist (they prefer "Differently Sane")
    Technicolour Science
    Cat Girl

NC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our Vampires Are Different
    Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot
    NINJA
    Katanas Are Just Better
    Chainsaw Good
    I Am Not Left Handed
    Radioactive Teenage Samurai Robot Wombats
    Rule of Cool
    Pay Evil Unto Evil
    Who You Gonna Call
    The Undead
    And apparently:
    Gorn

I'm sure there's more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    We have a whole page on the wiki about Cool Old Guy.
    Rixy and Nancy weren't meant to be COGs, they were just from then to explain the science.
    Edit: Once you have the basics down, you can play with it a little. By using similar techniques, I made this (Very Screen-stretching)
    Looks almost fractal. Very nice.
    Last edited by Ninja Chocobo; 2008-12-15 at 06:44 AM.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

How to make my effects, by Shades of Gray. You better take notes, as there will be an exam on Friday.

Spoiler
    Show

Well using Inkscape I made a gradient effect. (press Ctrl-F, go to Fill, click on the gradient button, the burst or the fade from left to right), then I made a gradient with three colours, red, orange, and yellow.

Then I drew a shape:

I then copied and pasted it a buncha times, rotated them, and ended up with this:

Next, I used the "Union" tool to make it one shape, Ctrl-G would also work.

I then removed the stroke paint. It is at this point I used the gradient in a burst effect.

Then, I altered the nodes to make them a bit elongated, I made one extremely elongated

Finally, I added a little blur, and a blurred out gradient circle behind it.

For the dark Ice, I drew a shape:

Made a gradient:

Finally, I applied the gradient in a burst, removed the stroke, and blurred it a bit.

Spoiler
    Show

That is awesome. Nice work.

@Omega: Mini series? :D

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    Looks almost fractal. Very nice.
    Fractal based attacks you say.... I must look into this.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ettin in the Playground

Perhaps a Penrose tiles-based attack?

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    I just noticed something. Tiffanie Lirle's new OOTS style comic was locked! And no reason for why was given!

Does anybody know why?
    I decided I couldn't do the whole writing a web comic thing, I don't like planning ahead. Or planning at all for that matter. But simply going with the flow does not a good web comic make.

So I sent a pm to Alarra and she used her mod mojo to lock the thread in shackles.

on that note, I'm still waiting for Steven the lich to send me that blue paladin script..

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ettin in the Playground

I decided I couldn't do the whole writing a web comic thing, I don't like planning ahead. Or planning at all for that matter. But simply going with the flow does not a good web comic make.

So I sent a pm to Alarra and she used her mod mojo to lock the thread in shackles.
    Awwww

It looked so promising too.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

on that note, I'm still waiting for Steven the lich to send me that blue paladin script..
    Shame. I was looking forwards to your next update, and had been working on the MANA backronym....

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

Glad to know that some people might have liked it.

Might try again one day, but as it stands I can't do the whole scripting thing.

Think I'm gonna be spending the rest of the day thinking of a new Abr character anywho.

Edit- Plot 3 question, I assume avbaroy looked somewhat different back pre cataclysm etc. Do we have a map for that?
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2008-12-15 at 07:41 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope, but I think I can create it, if nobody minds.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ettin in the Playground

Well for one thing I assume Eternus would be a cohesive landmass, and there'd probably be a different waterline given the increase in drainage from the Eternus crater.

So the islands we have now were probably smaller and Eternus one greater nation, possibly with a few archipelagos and islands around it that form part of the island chain of the Eternal Ruins.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ogre in the Playground

The water level actually rose during the Great Catacylsm, as the BC era was during an Ice Age and the caps melted.
    The Eternal Ruins (Eternus then) weren't ruins, but were still located in a circular valley. The Elwind Mountains weren't there, and most of the continents were bigger, what is now archipelagos were single islands, etc.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ogre in the Playground

I so saw this coming like 5 miles away. Was the first thing that hit my mind when I started work on those comics.

Just remember that the Jovocian generator is currently on the fritz, which according to Lying is quite the safety hazard for living beings. Also, that a good 7-8 seen servants are in that room, and I think they'll notice a dragon, ninja or no, seeing as the citadel has motion censors apparently.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2008-12-15 at 09:24 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ettin in the Playground

More accurately Tiff the reactor's housing is damaged by the large gash in the side of it. The actual mechanism is in the center where the two fields of infinite energy meet, unless you hit that the generator itself is pretty much fine.

Which still means that there are sensors and missiles for Mr Dragoninja to worry about

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ogre in the Playground

The whole dragon talisman thing seems to be forgotten again though, what with the Vendetta,(would somebody blow the damn thing up already?) the Sovices, the united nations of Avbaroy, the list goes on and on..
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2008-12-15 at 09:28 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

The whole dragon talisman thing seems to be forgotten again though, what with the Vendetta, the sovices, the united nations of Avbaroy, the list goes on and on..
    "Mwa-ha-ha! I control the dragons!"
    "Yeah? Well, we're an advanced alien race bent on controlling the world. And there's an airship flying around that's pretty much immune to everything."

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, but this essentially a fantasy setting.

Dragons pwn everything

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I Have an urge to make a mage-detta that uses calculus based attacks, F Prime of doom! Bwahahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    I Have an urge to make a mage-detta that uses calculus based attacks, F Prime of doom! Bwahahahaha!
    I have something related to that somewhere.....
    Time for some digging.

Here we go:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Demented One View Post
    Algebra Blast
    Evocation [Math]
    Level: Nerd 3, Sor/Wiz 3
    Components: V, S, F
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: 60 ft.
    Area: Cone-shaped burst
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Will half
    Spell Resistance: Yes

No one’s exactly sure how it works, but a couple of the nerdier Sigil Prep guys have worked out a way to channel the power of mathematics into a bizarre kind of elemental energy. Algebra blast lets you use this energy, sending out a cone of elemental mathematics that deals 5d4 + X math damage, where X is equal to one quarter the square of your caster level, max +25.

Army of Calculus
    Conjuration (Summoning) [Math]
    Level: Nerd 9, Sor/Wiz 9

The ultimate piece of mathemagic, army of calculus functions as the elemental swarm spell, except that it summons Math Elementals.

Grasp of Algebra
    Evocation [Math]
    Level: Dusk 1, Sor/Wiz 1
    Components: V, S
    Range: Touch
    Target: Creature touched
    Saving Throw: None

Hard to take seriously as it is, having a basic grasp of algebra can pack a wallop. As you cast this spell, you must make a touch attack against your target. If your attack is successful, the target takes 1d4+X math damage, where X is the square of your caster level, max 1d4+25.

Ray of Calculus
    Evocation [Math]
    Level: Dusk 5, Nerd 7, Sor/Wiz 7
    Components: V, S
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Effect: Ray
    Saving Throw: Will half

The ultimate revenge of the nerds. You fire off a beam of pure mathematical energy, requiring a ranged touch attack to hit your target. If the attack is successful, the ray deals 10d4+X math damage, where X equals twice your caster level, max 10d4+40.

Wall of Algebra
    Evocation [Math]
    Level: Nerd 4, Sor/Wiz 4
    Components: V, S, M
    Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Effect: Polygon of mathematical energy, with sides of one 5-ft. square/level
    Duration: 1 min./level
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No

You channel the power of pure mathematics to create multiple vertical walls of crystallized algebraic energy that intersect to form a polygonal shape. You can create walls arranged into equilateral triangles, squares, or hexagons. The polygon must be firmly anchored to a flat floor. You cannot form the wall of algebra in a space occupied by a creature.

Each side of the polygon is a straight line of up to one 5 ft.-square/level. The wall is one inch/level thick, and each 5 ft. section of wall has 3 hp/inch of thickness. Creatures can hit the wall automatically. A section of wall whose hit points drop to 0 is breached. If a creature tries to break through the wall with a single attack, the DC for the Strength check is 15 + caster level.

However, any creature that passes through a breach in a wall of algebra must still pass through a thin layer of plasma-like mathematical energy, which deals X math damage to them, where X is the square of half your caster level, max 25 damage, with no save.

Material Component
    A sheet of graph paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Demented One View Post
    Magic Weapon Abilities

Algebraic
    When its command word is given, an algebraic weapon is surrounded by floating, luminous equations, causing it to give off light as a torch. The effect remains until another command is given. Whenever the wielder of an algebraic weapon successfully damages a creature with it, it deals an additional amount of math damage equal to the square root of the base damage dealt, rounded down to the nearest integral root. Thus, if the base damage was 5, it would deal 2 math damage; if the base damage was 30, it would deal 5 math damage.

Faint Evocation, CL 5th. Craft Magic Arms and Armor, algebra blast. Price: +1 bonus

[...]

Wondrous Items

Slide Rule of Commanding Math Elementals
    By performing a few simple calculations with this mithral slide rule, a full round action, its user can summon a Large Math Elemental, as with the summon monster V spell. If the calculations are performed with a No. 2 pencil, then the elemental summoned is Huge, rather than large, as the summon monster VI spell. Only one elemental at a time can be summoned with the slide rule.

Moderate Conjuration, CL 11th. Craft Wondrous Item, summon monster VI. Cost 50,000 gp + 4,000 xp. Price 100,000 gp.
    Last edited by Keris; 2008-12-15 at 10:09 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    I have something related to that somewhere.....
    Time for some digging.

Here we go:
    Man you must had been bored.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't make them, Demented One did. I just saved a copy of them and then looked up the original.

MATHEMANCY!

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    I didn't make them, Demented One did. I just saved a copy of them and then looked up the original.

MATHEMANCY!
    CRAZYMANCY!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

FACEPUNCHAMANCY!
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

biggrin Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIV, The Random Kill Strikes Back. Again..

Mancymancy!
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2008-12-15 at 10:58 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Banned

Necromancy!

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Necromancy!
    STOPTHISMANCY!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

FUNTIMEAMANCY!

Alright seriously, let's stop now, or I will be forced to COS you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Dwarf in the Playground

FALCON...PUNCH!amancy!

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ettin in the Playground

Should I discuss the physics of the Jovocian Generator some more?
    Maybe Sovice culture and history?
    Perhaps Arcanophysics?

Would that stop this "[X]MANCY!" trend?