New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Blackhearts: Valnir's Bane

Aight. I'm coming over to ye know. Just hold on to yer petticoats. Jorg says with a bit of a laugh at the end. He then shoves his hands through the slot for the man to see.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

wink Re: Blackhearts: Valnir's Bane

as they cuff the elf, he headbutts th guard and slams the door on his hand, then opens it up again to grab the guard and drag him into the cell, then slamming the door shouting "This is our chance!

Spoiler
    Show
    by the way, I beilieve it was the guard who had the key, so i think we have a handy hostage situation. although, i think ive just screwed us all.
    Last edited by Draxonicar; 2008-11-25 at 06:30 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33

Spoiler
    Show

I don't think you are able to do that. The door has a slot which food goes through, and I'm guessing we stick our hands through it and they cuff 'em.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    nice try unfortunately i think that he only had the little sliding door open, just big enough to fit your hands through so i dont think that you could headbutt him through it

but, but i wanna fight dimzad looks a little dejected that they still refuse to open the door. and keeps watching at the hatch quietly... then decides its not worth the fuss, he could fight them with his hands behind his back, having manacles on shouldnt cause much trouble.

after everyone else has put their hands through he slowly and carfully offers the one hand at first, then when it isnt stomped on he slowly offers the other one, "yer no fun, ya know that dont you?" he says to the guard, then after the possibility of the fight disapears, he returns to his state of ignorance for a while.
    Last edited by littlebottom; 2008-11-25 at 08:51 AM.
    easy 1 step guide to impersonating Sean Connery;
    step 1: repeat after me "I moustache you a question, but I'm shaving it for later."

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    Phn'glui mglw'nafh Roland GITP not-wagn'nagl not-fhtagn!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

disregard my earlier post, the elf fully complies with the guards, while doing so, he chats up the guards
    Spoiler
    Show
    can i make a gossip check to learn some stuff about this shindig ok i got a fel stat, its 33, what should i roll?
    Last edited by Draxonicar; 2008-11-26 at 11:53 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Go ahead and roll gossip (once you actually have a Fellowship stat).

The guard grabs hold of the manacles and gives them a tug to check that they are secured, and, noticing the deception as a spoon comes loose, grabs both of Jorn's hands, gripping them tightly, while another guard affixes an actual set of manacles. "So that's where them spoons been disappearing to!"

Once everyone is standing, manacled, against the back wall of the cell, the heavy bolt slides open with a dull *clunk*, and the door groans loudly open as well, revealing two men armed with blunderbusses (aimed at the prisoners), another four with heavy crossbows (also aimed), a man in what looks like a blacksmith's apron and gloves who carries a bucket, and another two who bear weapons, but haven't got them drawn.
    "Lock it," says one of the men whose weapons are not drawn. It is clear that this man is a noble of some kind by his dress, a very fancy, very well kept set of armor with a velvet cloak.
    The door slams shut behind them. "Well?" he asks the other man, whose battle dress makes it clear that he is a hardened veteran who has seen action, possibly even recently. Looking over each of the men in the cell, he whispers something to the nobleman. "You are each given the choice today," he states for the prisoners to hear, "to undertake a special mission for the Baron, in exchange for an official pardon for your crimes, or you may hang on the morrow as has already been planned. The choice is yours."
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-11-26 at 04:53 PM.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

"And would this "special mission" entail getting ourselves killed as soon as possible and saving the hangman a rope? And why do we need to be manacled to do it?"
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-25 at 08:32 PM.

...more scared of the living...

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

dimzads face drops "wot? we were ganna be hanged, fer wot?!"

"ill do this thingie for ya den... is it killin sumtink?"
    step 1: repeat after me "I moustache you a question, but I'm shaving it for later."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

At this, the nobleman speaks up. "Don't be stupid. A hangman can re-use a rope. In any case, you are manacled because you are dangerous criminals. Do you accept or do you not?"

Spoiler
    Show
    BTW, anyone who wishes to roll an Academic Knowledge (Genealogy/Heraldry) check to identify the nobleman may do so at Routine difficulty (+10%). If you don't have it, but you do have common knowledge (the empire), you may roll that at Hard difficulty (-20%).
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-11-25 at 08:43 PM.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

10. - Top - End - #40

Hahaha*evil laugh*........It must be something in which lives don't matter, which is why he came to us. It could be sailing to the new world to fight lizardmen in order to get a tapestry or sometin' silly like it. Jorg says trying to rub his semi-sore hands. But anyway I accept. Way better then getting hung (*under breath*or trying to escape the noose) for killin' some stupid chaps, who don't know their place in life.
    Last edited by drum-n-bass; 2008-11-25 at 08:41 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

"that mean there gonna be fightin?" dimzad picks up at the mention of "killin'"

12. - Top - End - #42

NO! Ye dwa'f. ARE YE DEAF! I jus' said dat I WAS GOING TO GET DA NOOSE FOR KILLIN' SOME CHAPS. Pfh. Jorg says trying to annunciate the words slow and clearly so the dwarf can process what he is saying.

Spoiler
    Show

I don't mean to offend you, I just wanted to have some fun with that.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

dimzad repeats some of the sentence slowly and out loud "no... dwarf... yeah thats me..., i, no wait, you get noose... for killin'... chaps..." dimzad sums all this up and after a couple of seconds goes "aha! you gonna be hung for killin' peeps! wait what aboot me? i killed that guy in da street, am i gonna be hung? what? huh?... my head hurts..."

Spoiler
    Show
    i thought i could have some fun too then
    Last edited by littlebottom; 2008-11-25 at 09:47 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Oh hohohohohohoh*laughs*. Ye be a funny chap. Jus' follow me and ye won' get hung and ye'll get to kill more people without threat of da noose and ye'll get freed from this noose........Wait.....Follow me and you will not get hung in the morning. he says trying to annunciate clearly while trying not to laugh.
    Last edited by drum-n-bass; 2008-11-25 at 09:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

"follow you?.... al'ight den!" dimzad walks directly behind the human "well where we gooin then?"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

"You'll find out when each has decided his fate," the Baron declares. The large fellow hesitates only a moment before agreeing. The two pikemen give each other a sidelong glance before simultaneously declaring, "We're in." The slight young lad seems nervous and eventually nods, stammering, "I-I'll do it."
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-11-26 at 04:53 PM.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47

Well right now, we be goin' no vere. But we should be leavin' soon I should tink. Jorg says delighted by the fact the dwarf is going to follow him.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

dimzad suddenly realises there are other people in the room, and most of which have been watching him. "ye lookin' at me like some sorta fish... the size of a single halfling palm when ya just passed a sign sayin' "all fish beyon' this point is the size o' ye 'ed!" ... corse, fish the size o' ye 'ed would be bigger or smaller dependin' on how big headed ye bein'. but i had this fish once, and now im not one for fish, an' this one was bigger than me auntie an' 'er sisters put togeather, now thats alot, she 'ad 'bout 6 sisters ya see? but anyway this fish was lovely an' it reminds me o' a song me auntie used ta sing about cookin' the words were rubbish but tha song was a goodun." dimzad again lost in his own world begins signing the song in khazalid and correcting himself at mistakes as he went as he hadnt sung the song in years... by now he was completely unaware of everyone else around him again

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

"What the hell, I'll do it. Possible death on a mission is better than certain death by hanging. Count me in."
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-26 at 01:04 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

I will join you as well. By the way, who ARE you, and would you mind disclosing the contents of this mission to me.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

"Very well. First you will submit to my...insurance policy. Of course, you can still back out." At this, the blacksmith-type fellow, who had up until now been blowing upon the contents of his large urn with a bellows, lifts the hot iron out of the fire. "Who'll be first, then?" he asks, and though it is clear his intention, he doesn't seem to enjoy it or despise it, rather nonchalantly regarding the idea of branding men.

With a tear in his eye, the young lad steps forward, timidly offering his right hand. the man snatches it and holds the brand to it for a couple of seconds, long enough to sear the lad's flesh. "Now you go n' see yer doctor, there, laddie, n' bring 'im this." The man hands the lad a doctor's bag. Nodding to Ludo, he states matter-of-factly, "Naturally, you'll be last."

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

the elf goes next, hardly grimacing at the pain of the brand.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Ludo snatches up the tools of his trade, and then complains: "Why do I go last? I want to get it over with. Of course, it won't fit my palm, shall I..." He rolls up his sleeve and offers his arm instead.

Academic Knowledge (Genaelogy/Heraldry) to identify nobleman Int 46 +10 Routine modifier. (1d100)[16]

OK, so who is he?

Margin of success 4, that's pretty good, any extra info for that?
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-26 at 03:07 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course it isn't too small. And you'll go last so that you can tend the burns of the others."
    Spoiler
    Show
    The brand is actually on the BACK of the hand, not the palm. See PM for the identity of the Baron.

The large man looks afraid, and when he tries to back out at the last moment, two of the guards kick at his legs until he is kneeling. As the hot iron kisses his flesh, the sizzle brings along with it an unpleasantly pleasant smell of cooking meat. As the torturer pulls the brand away, it has cooled too far, and sticks to the man's hand. Yanking on it, he tears the stuck flesh away with it, leacing a deep, burned gash. Screaming for a moment, the man passes out.
    Last edited by UserClone; 2008-11-26 at 04:58 PM.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

"And who will tend my burns?"

Ludo kneels and tries to tend the two men's hands, checking the damage and depth of the burns;

Spoiler
    Show

Heal tests Int 46 +10% from Surgery talent-difficulty 56.

(1d100)[53]
    (1d100)[33]

He bandages both hands with strips of the men's clothing dabbled in water (I'm assuming there's some water for the prisoners).
    Last edited by Xsesiv; 2008-11-28 at 04:41 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

"what this ye be doin' now?" the dward looks forward to get a better look at he fire, "why you gone 'n' put that in there for?"

27. - Top - End - #57

Hm. Looks like it'll be brandin' or death. Put it on me ass you bastard. Jorg says mooning the baron.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thats HARDLY necessary, if not quite vulgar. the elf rolls his eyes at the man, examining his own burn

Spoiler
    Show
    can i see what its shape is? is a symbol for anything?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

"He can stay," the Baron decides, pointing at Jorn. The spiteful torturer brands Jorn's behind anyway, then kicks the brand on his backside, making him trip over his pants and sprawl on the ground.

"If he tries to struggle, kill him," shrugs the testy noble.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone who has seen the brand on himself or someone else recognizes the shape as Sigmar's Hammer, the very symbol of the Empire. Anyone who wants to know more of its significance may attempt an Easy (+20%) Common Knowledge (The Empire) test.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ive gone over to that guy to get branded, but not "willingly" just do it while his looking at the fire