Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 729
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Knubs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Kavri - Town Group

    Kavri watches the boy disappear into the distance. He faintly hears the tinge of urgency in the boy's voice, but doesn't think too much of it. They must not get many travelers in these parts, I guess. That runt is pretty excitable anyway... The elf shrugs off this odd behavior and stays his course.

  2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Auck, Fush'n'Chups-land
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Retay (approaching the town)

    "Oh, good," Retay says, "they'll know we're here. They'll have time to prepare us a well-cooked meal," he adds with a little longing.
    Welcome to the official outdated sig of Naleh!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Possessor of two cookies, one kobold point, and an internet or two.
    Dragonslayer and Goblinoid Supporter in D&D Monster H/H.
    I have too many characters for a sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji View Post
    Though I suppose [Naleh] is a pretty big hat.

  3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Tanaar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Darros (Approaching Town)

    Leading "his" group down the mountain, Darros walks from person to person, chatting amiably with everyone. One thing he talks about with each member of the little party is their homelands, and the circumstances under which they got there.

    Approaching the village, Darros is puzzled by the shepherd boy's reaction. Perhaps they have had people disappear from up there too, and aren't used to people coming down from the summit...curious. "I don't think that boy was running to roll out the welcome carpet...it might be best if we approach cautiously and present as little threat as possible."
    Last edited by Tanaar; 2008-12-18 at 10:18 PM.
    Ferret in the Playground!

  4. - Top - End - #334
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Knubs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Kavri - Town Group

    "Who's presenting a threat? My weapons are sheathed, and my gear isn't anything a common hunter wouldn't carry. You worry too much elf."

  5. - Top - End - #335
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Tanaar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Darros (Town)

    The eladrin glances at Kavri. "No such thing. There's only worrying too little and just enough. You're either prepared or not prepared enough." Darros takes the orb from his pocket, holding it casually, ready to bring to bear at a moment's notice.
    Ferret in the Playground!

  6. - Top - End - #336
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Knubs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Kavri - Town Group

    Kavri looks over at Darros and gives a short condescending laugh. "Ha! Right, so I guess you should be prepared for, say, a massive flood suddenly enveloping the world, lasting for a few days. Now, you could spend a lot of time preparing a boat and gathering the necessary equipment to outlast this flood, or you could just admit that, maybe, just maybe, some things aren't probable. Your choice." Elves can be so frustrating. Of course if he's right...no sense not being prepared. Kavri's hand runs down to the hilt of his longsword, but then goes limp. Still, no sense in looking threatening either.
    Last edited by Knubs; 2008-12-20 at 11:42 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #337
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Patash (Dragonborn Cleric) Fizahn's Group

    Patash takes in the great room then gestures to the fire place, "Shall I see about lighting a fire?" he asks Fizahn.
    Last edited by Rodrick_the_Red; 2008-12-21 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Fix Typo
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  8. - Top - End - #338
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Koji's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Kazz

    Kazz curses her lack of shoes more than once on the trip down the hill, but manages the climb about as well as the boys. She stays toward the back of the group not because she is the slowest, but because suddenly, in broad daylight, performing strenuous physical activity with ill-fitting clothing and an all male audience is a lot more of a concern than it had previously been.

    Kazz's thin tail flicks back and forth nervously under her robe. She blows a feather out of her face and looks at the others somewhat nervously.

  9. - Top - End - #339
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Fizahn: (Fizahn's tower)

    Fizahn shrugs. "Yeah. Go ahead and light it." The gnome moves to the table, and examines it. "Guess this is my dining room from now on. The next objective is to find bedrooms." Fizahn says walking to the stairs. He draws his short sword as he gets to the stairs, though. "I hope there's nothing here I have to prove my ownership to."
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  10. - Top - End - #340
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Grynde (following the midget)

    Taking in the room at a glance, he moves across to the stairwell and readies his heavier flail. "I've said it before, and I say it now. You hesitate too much", he says as he walks past Fizahn and up the stairs.

  11. - Top - End - #341
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Elthan

    Fizahns Group


    "There's nothing wrong with erring to caution on a world we've been on for less than a day. Elthan steps forward into the hall, seeing nothing immediately wrong. He steps towards the fireplace soon to be lit to enjoy just a bit of warmth. There's not telling what could happen, or what important yet subtle information has yet to be discovered. Perhaps everyone on this world are plants, and we've already offended their bushes and flowers. Undoubtedly, the bee's will be out to get you Grynde.

    "That clearly isn't the case, I'm sure, but you should know to be careful Grynde. Not that I mind, but you've been abducted once already by errant plantlife. No reason it might not happen twice."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  12. - Top - End - #342
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Tiriel - minotaur hall-

    Tiriel feels the rope tighten in her hand. She looks at the rest of the group.
    "Are we following him in or should I haul him back in?"
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Ginevra -- Minotaur Hall

    Ginevra clutches at the rope with her left hand and holds her unsheathed sword in her right. "...I thought he was following us..." She takes a deep breath to still her nervous jitteriness.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  14. - Top - End - #344
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Patash (Dragonborn Cleric) Fizahn's Group

    Patash lights a fire quickly then follows the others up the stairs.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  15. - Top - End - #345
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Inside the minotaur doors ...

    Davek lights a torch and follows the limp rope around two corners until he finds the torn end of the rope lying in a dead end.

    Within the labyrinth ...

    Callos, Evendur, Tiriel and Ginevra follow the narrow passage. It twists and turns but neither forks nor has side branchings. The rope goes taut behind them, as though Davek is pulling backward, but then the rope goes limp.

    As Tiriel pulls the rope, its frayed end suddenly appears. The rope appears to be about 20 feet too short and, more importantly, lacks Davek holding on to its end.

    Backtracking, you find that the passageway seems unfamiliar, as though it turns right instead of left, or maybe vice versa ...

    In the mountain keep ...

    Elthan and Harsk remain behind in the greatroom, while Patash starts a fire in the massive hearth.

    Grynde and Fizahn race up the stairs to find a hallway leading to four rooms, one at each corner of the second level. Each room is spacious but sparsely furnished with a bed, a desk, a chest. A narrow window pierces the two exterior walls of each room, allowing light in through leaded glass panes.

    In the valley ...

    The village stirs, aroused by the cries of the goatherd.

    Doors and shutters are slammed shut. A cloaked figure darts from behind one small cottage and disappears behind another.

    An unseen dog barks twice, then is silent.

    The dozen or so cottages that form the village more or less encircle the low earthen wall, which once likely served as a small fort. As you get closer to the village you can see that time and neglect have left the "fort" essentially useless as a defensive construction. The ring of frozen dirt stands only a couple of feet high, crowned by a flimsy fence made up of crooked twigs.

    You halt about 10 yards from the outermost cottage. The windows that face towards you are shuttered.

    From somewhere behind you a goat bleats ...
    Last edited by Dr._Bob; 2008-12-21 at 09:55 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #346
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    about 3 feet to your left
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Evendur

    Evendur stares at the broken rope nervously. He turns to Callose and says, What's going on here? Where did Davek go?" He carefully looks around the next corner, while staying within line of sight to the rest of the group.
    The Ishka wiki. Check it out people, it's a cool little city.

    My memorial spoiler. Please give a moment of silence for those who have died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008


    Lord Shojo
    266-407


    Miko Miyazaki
    120-464


    Therkla
    484-593


    Thanh
    511-827


    Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

  17. - Top - End - #347
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Big Apple's shadow

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Davek

    Hadar's fangs, Davek curses to himself, This isn't good. Reasoning that the labyrinth has shifted somehow, Davek quickly runs back to check whether his direction markings still make sense. Either way, he will follow the rope back to its end and call out to the others.

    Can any of you hear me? Davek shouts. It looks like the passage has shifted on us. We can either wait for it to shift again, or you all can try to find a way through while I do the same.

    Next he listens keenly, both for any reply and to the sounds of the maze itself. Interesting defense mechanism, he thinks to himself. I wonder what else this place has in store for us.

  18. - Top - End - #348
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Koji's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Kazz

    Kazz directs a puzzled glance to her companions, but meets only raised eyebrows. Perhaps fleeing in terror at the drop of a hat is some local custom.

    Though I suppose Retay is a pretty big hat.

    She scowls at the locked doors. By locking themselves in, the peasants have gained the upper hand. Short of burning down the huts or smashing down the doors, there is no way to get them to come out other than asking, or worse, downright pleading.

    "If they won't come out and greet us at least as equals, how are we going to get anything out of them?" She asks.

  19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Ginevra

    If Ginevra hears Davek, she shouts back, "We're over here... follow my voice, but if the maze would turn you away from where we are, don't walk away!"

    If not, then she calls out, "...Davek? Are you there?"
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

  20. - Top - End - #350
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Durendal's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Greater Chicagoland Area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Harsk

    Harsk watches as the impetuous gnome and human race up the stairs. I wonder if it is pertinent to start a fire everywhere we go. It's quite an obvious clue to our whereabouts.

    "Hopefully those two don't run into any trouble. Elthan, Patash help me search this hall for anything out of the ordinary."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception(1d20+7)[24]
    Awesome Avatar by bayar

    Quoted for the truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    But isn't it a racial power of college students to obtain various materials for free over the internets from "legitimate sources"?
    Harsk
    Captain Avery Tortuga

  21. - Top - End - #351
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Knubs's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Kavri - Town Group

    Kavri looks around for awhile, still not convinced that the group is what the town is in panic about. What is wrong with these people? "Good question. I guess we knock?" The elf goes over to a cottage and raps on the door a few times not expecting any success. "I guess no one is home even though I saw someone rush in here a few seconds ago..."

  22. - Top - End - #352
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Elthan

    "I'm sure they're fine running about for now. Fizahn will make sure nothing erupts into flames, and Grynde can bludgeon whatever they run into before falling back."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+2)[18]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  23. - Top - End - #353
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr._Bob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Within the labyrinth ...

    Evendur peers around the corner cautiously. The passage twists and turns out of sight.

    Ginevra presses herself up against a stone wall that she is pretty sure wasn't there a minute ago. She can hear metal scratching against stone and a muffled voice that might be Davek's.

    She shouts back, and Davek (doing the exact same thing on the other side of the wall) can barely make out her words.

    The shouting back and forth is laborious, but communication is possible.

    In the mountain keep ...

    Elthan and Harsk examine the fireplace as Patash kindles a blaze using more wood scavenged from the armory within the temple complex.

    Harsk finds a hidden latch beneath the massive stone mantel. The wall behind the fire swings open (much to Patash's surprise), revealing a hidden chamber behind the flames.

    In the village ...

    Kazz shifts uncomfortably from side to side, her bare feet chilled to the bone.

    Kavri shrugs at the villagers' unfriendly welcome. He knocks dramatically at the nearest door and feigns surprise when no one answers.

    "What do you want?" shouts a young woman peeping around the corner of a nearby cottage. She has a heavy crossbow cocked and loaded. She leans up against the side of the cottage to steady her aim.

    The young woman has bright auburn hair that catches some of the morning light. Her threadbare cloak is a faded green.

  24. - Top - End - #354
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Erikkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    WV

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Fizahn:

    Fizahn carefully searches all the bedrooms. "Four rooms. Spacious rooms. Better than nothing." After searching each of the rooms, the gnome looks for stairs to a third floor.

    Perception: - (1d20+5)[10]
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

    Fizahn avatar by Koji.

  25. - Top - End - #355
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Patash (Dragonborn Cleric) Moutain Keep

    "Fizahn! Grynde! Come down Harsk found something you should see." Patash bellows after he recovers from his surprise. Then he pushes the fire to oneside away from the opening.
    Last edited by Rodrick_the_Red; 2008-12-24 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Fix Typos
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  26. - Top - End - #356
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Tanaar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Darros

    Darros pockets his orb, seeing only scared villagers defending their homes. He smiles and holds his hands up before him, palms out. "Greetings. We mean you no harm, we are travelers who have found ourselves in a strange land. We are simply visiting you in search of some basic information. I suppose the answer to our first question is a positive one, as we appear to share a language. Perhaps you could help me with the second, where exactly are we?"
    Ferret in the Playground!

  27. - Top - End - #357
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Durendal's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Greater Chicagoland Area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Harsk

    "These towers are indeed filled with more than meets the eye. Plant monsters, hidden passages, glowing, petrifying eyes; I can only wonder what we will find next. Patash grab a torch and let us see what we have found."

    Ever the cautious adventurer, Harsk pulls out his crossbow and waits for Fizahn and Grynde to rejoin them before proceeding further. However, if they do not respond to Patash's call in a timely manner, he will cautiously enter the hidden passage.
    Awesome Avatar by bayar

    Quoted for the truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    But isn't it a racial power of college students to obtain various materials for free over the internets from "legitimate sources"?
    Harsk
    Captain Avery Tortuga

  28. - Top - End - #358
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Patash (Dragonborn Cleric) Mountain Keep

    Patash shrugs at Harsk saying, "I have no torches, but I can use a sunrod, unless someone else has a torch." and digs through his pack for a sunrod. Once he finds it he will ready his mace and wait with Harsk.
    Rodrick the Red
    Don't Believe Everything You Think!

    Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

    The Last Light: Ravid Zev
    NPX: Gates of Shadow Keep: Patash
    Storm on the Horizon: Rask

  29. - Top - End - #359
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    King_of_GRiffins's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost within my mind
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Elthan, Mountain Keep

    Elthan summons up his ghostly, translucent hand, having it hold up his frosted orb as it turns into a glowing point of light, illuminating the darkness briefly down the passage. "Another hidden passage. Maybe there'll be more clues for us to digest within."

    Orb floating in front of him, he walks slowly forward into the fireplace passage, waiting for Patash and Harsk to catch up. Fizahn and Grynde will catch up soon enough.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

  30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    blackfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default Re: NPX: Gates of the Shadowkeep

    Ginevra

    Ginevra turns around to talk to Callos, keeping her off hand, the one holding the rope, against the new stone wall behind her. "I know how to get through mazes... but only when the walls stay put. Any ideas?" The tension in her voice belies her nonchalant words.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •