New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Banned

Default Re: Gestalt Arena practice - Moby Vs Stella

You're correct. Fixed. Removed Warblade, 1 level of Lurk.

As for lurk augments, as a swift action, I can apply up to 2 augments to my next attack (within 1 round). If the augment lists a PP expense to increase the power of the augment, I can expend up to my lurk level between the two augments. So, as a lurk 14, I could spend 8 points powering the first, and 6 on the second... or 14 on the first, and 0 on the second, or any other combination. So, for example. If I was going against a big beefy without uncanny dodge, I could take
    Additional Sneak Attack, and invest 14 points in it, for +8d6 sneak attack, and
    Solid strike (investing 0 pp) for +2 damage.

This would make my longsword deal:
    1d6 (base) +1 (Str) +4(enhancement) +2(solid Strike) +11d6 (sneak attack)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

Brainfart!

Talic, I'm sorry, I kept refreshing the page without realizing your post had reached page 3... And I missed it completely. We'll continue tomorrow, eh?

So sorry...
    Avatar lawfully nicked from this xkcd strip.

And when I say goodnight
    The pictures in my head
    Will dance around my room
    And frolic in my bed

3. - Top - End - #63
    Banned

No prob. LOL, I've done it myself. Whenever you can go, I'll be waiting.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Banned

Lemme know when you're ready.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Ready!
    Stand by, please...

(Lurk question: can you use your Lurk Augment every single round, and the only limitation is your total number of PP to further boost each augment? Awesome class... )

Oh, and may I request a little ret-con? I completely forgot you are invisible. May I change my first (surprise round) standard action from Divine Shield to activating the Scout's Headband?

And a clarification: when you say "in the floor", do you mean inside (=total concealment and no LoS for either of us)? Or ground level, half-in, half-out, where you can hide but we can see each other?

And when I say goodnight
    The pictures in my head
    And frolic in my bed

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Round 1

Spoiler
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: IRON HEART SURGE, INSIGHTFUL STRIKE, RABID WOLF STRIKE , MIND OVER BODY , RUBY NIGHTMARE BLADE, ACTION BEFORE THOUGHT , BOUNDING ASSAULT
    Maneuvers granted: DIVINE SURGE, BONECRUSHER
    and 1 more:
    (1d3)[3]
    (1d3)[3]
    (1d3)[3]

standard action: Divine Shield (if retcon was allowed, Scout's headband otherwise)
    swift action: activate Stance of Clarity
    move action: see below

AC: 48-13 (deflection) +2 (natural) + 13 (divine shield) +2 (stance) +1 (dodge)= 53

HP: 103
    Divine Shield Rounds left: 7
    Rebuke Undead left: 17

If retcon was allowed, I saw you teleporting in O-18. (Well, you did say you had cover, but from what I can see in the map, there's LoS between O-18 and C-11... Isn't there?) So I move, hiding, diagonally to I-17 and look out for you.

Otherwise, I have no freaking idea where you are, so I move to the top of the pillar in F-11, 10 ft above ground, hiding and looking around.

Either way, I'm not completely inside solid objects, so you can see me with a spot check and I can see outside.

Hide: (1d20+38)[40]
    Move Silently: (1d20+26)[40]
    (-5 penalty included)

End of Round 1

And when I say goodnight
    The pictures in my head
    And frolic in my bed

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    1 more maneuver granted, I said. (This is extremely unpractical. From now on, I'll pick the first that applies instead of rolling again and again...)
    (1d3)[3]

Oh, and my free reconnoiter spot/listen (spot may be irrelevant if you're inside).

spot: (1d20+36)[54]
    listen: (1d20+33)[43] (without penalties due to distance)

And when I say goodnight
    The pictures in my head
    And frolic in my bed

8. - Top - End - #68
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KevLar View Post
    Ready!
    Stand by, please...

(Lurk question: can you use your Lurk Augment every single round, and the only limitation is your total number of PP to further boost each augment? Awesome class... )

And a clarification: when you say "in the floor", do you mean inside (=total concealment and no LoS for either of us)? Or ground level, half-in, half-out, where you can hide but we can see each other?
    There is a limit to the total augments a lurk can do in a day. Lurk class level + Int mod. Since my class level is 14, and my int mod is 9, I can do a total of 23 augments each day. Each augment is seperate. If I use additional sneak attack and solid strike on a single attack, it counts as 2 augments.

When I say "in the floor", I mean all the way. total concealment, no LOS.

Retcon is allowed.
    Last edited by Talic; 2008-12-02 at 10:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Thank you. :)
    Your move.

And when I say goodnight
    The pictures in my head
    And frolic in my bed

10. - Top - End - #70
    Banned

Reactive Listen for your last movement: (1d20+28)[44]

Move 45 feet northish to F 17, and 15 feet up. I have no concealment from ground.
    Hiding: (1d20+32)[33] + 20 from invisible (not applicable, I know)
    Move Silent: (1d20+24)[40]

Reactive Spot: (1d20+28)[44] (LOS was established between us, so this is free)

Ready an action(no peeking):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move if my opponent gets to 10 feet, and then does anything else. This includes movement, and with the wording will trigger before my opponent gets within 5 feet. As my movement has put me in a location where there is 15 feet of air around me in all directions, there should be no cover to hide behind, and no way to hide on approach.

Reactive spot and listen for any actions you do next round:
    Spot:(1d20+28)[47]
    Listen: (1d20+28)[46]

Done.

Note: I have no cover, and cannot actually hide from you. My character is currently relying on invisibility to hide. So this means that, if you have LOS, you automatically see me.
    Last edited by Talic; 2008-12-03 at 01:09 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Banned

That spot check was enough to see you, though you wouldn't know that.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

"I can hear you, little one! You can't hide from me!"

That was an untrained Bluff check.
    (1d20+15)[19]

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling for 1 Crusader maneuver: (1d2)[2]

free action: divine might
    swift action: Law Devotion to attack. (This gives a +7 bonus to attack OR AC, which can be reallocated at each round. I'll keep it to attack until further notice).
    Full Round Action: Bounding Assault. The attack at the end of the double move is considered a charge, therefore I use Charging Smite, with Power attack 1 and the Demolishing Smite tactical option (from the Awesome Smite feat) which ignores DR up to 26 - except DR/- and DR/epic.

Attack: +14 BAB + 13 Cha (from Slippers) +6 Weapon (4+2 for being in a Diamond Mind stance) +1 Weapon Focus +2 Bounding Assault + 15 Smite + 7 Law Devotion -1 PA = +57
    Damage: 1d8+3 Weapon + 13 Cha + 39 Smite + 13 divine might + 1 PA + 13 gauntlets = 1d8+69 slashing + 13 fire damage

AC: 53 (as before)
    Divine Shield Rounds left: 6
    Rebuke Undead left: 16
    Law Devotion rounds left: 10
    Smite left: 7

You see Stella flying quickly but playfully towards you (accelerated tumble: (1d20+24)[38]), wielding her sword.

Attack: (1d20+57)[60]
    Damage: (1d8+69)[72] slashing damage + 13 fire damage
    This attack ignores any DR up to 26, except DR/- and DR/epic.

Now, if your readied action was to somehow flee from Stella's horrible attack (LOL), please do that and then open this spoiler.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm using the Bounding Assault maneuver (double move, attack with a +2 bonus, and the attack is considered a charge). If I'm getting this right, it means that even if you move away from me at some point, I'll still have a move action to come near you. I have a total of 80 ft movement, which I can divide to 2 move actions anyway I like (up to 40 ft each of course), I can change direction if I need to, and I can tumble.

If so, I'll be able to reach and attack you unless you move too far away from me. I can't give you a precise distance because I don't know when exactly your readied action will be triggered.

Am I correct? (It is a bit complicated...)

And if your readied action was to somehow relieve me from my sword, please do that and then open this spoiler.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Stella loses her sword on the way, she'll ignore it and do the exact same thing with a slam attack instead. Remove 6 from the attack roll and damage becomes (1d6+66)[68] bludgeoning damage (plus 13 fire).

Question: I thought that 2 ghosts fighting are considered corporeal to each other. So... what's with the Crystal of Screening???

EDIT - You know, I've looking at our character sheets, and I believe that the outcome of this match will be defined by how much the (virtual) d20 likes us...

End of Round 2
    Last edited by KevLar; 2008-12-03 at 06:32 AM.

And when I say goodnight
    The pictures in my head
    And frolic in my bed

13. - Top - End - #73
    Banned

At the point you reach 10 feet away from me, I need to know your exact location. That's what triggered the readied action. My readied action was to move, but I need to know your location, and whether you traced a direct line path on your movement, or if your playful path was more meandering.

My current location is F17 (elevation 15)
    Your location at start of turn was F11 (elevation 10).

A direct line path would put it at F15 (elevation 15). with 20 feet of movement expended. Is that the case?

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

I wasn't in F-11, I was in I-17, ground level. (See above, this was the retcon version.) Sorry if I confused you. Would you like to change your current position, and we'll do another retcon?

And when I say goodnight
    The pictures in my head
    And frolic in my bed

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

If I can still reach you with a move action, I'll do the same thing and yes, I'll move in a straight line towards you - tumbling, but straight.

And when I say goodnight
    The pictures in my head
    And frolic in my bed

16. - Top - End - #76
    Banned

No, my location was carefully chosen. Plot the location, and tell me when you reach 10 feet distant from me. I believe that will be either H-17 (10 foot elevation) or G-17 (5 foot elevation). Either way, you'll be in a square with no cover, no concealment, and no ability to hide. There's 15 feet of air in all directions around me, and it's there for a reason. To deny you a sneaky move to beside me. Though even if you did try, as I see you, there wouldn't be much shot of that.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

OK. Let's say H-17, then.

And when I say goodnight
    The pictures in my head
    And frolic in my bed

18. - Top - End - #78
    Banned

Rolling a sense motive on that bluff. (1d20+2)[22]

More to follow...

EDIT: Here's the more.

My guy's gut says no. But with Deific intelligence, and mediocre gut instincts (wisdom), he's learned to trust his intellect far more than his gut.

And up until now, he has factored in many things. Whether or not you're faster. Whether or not you can see invis...

But not whether or not you could hear him. If he even thought it a possibility, he'd have moved to a central location. Now, he can't move directly away from you and hope to outrun, because the arena ends too soon. While he doesn't believe it, he's got to consider the possibility. However, if that's the case, then there's nothing he can do now.

Ergo, he must act as if you can't pinpoint him by hearing, because... if you can, no matter what he does, he can't evade. In that case, where he goes doesn't matter. So, he'll assume that he can evade, and go from there. If it turns out that you can pinpoint him, he'll at least know it for sure.

So the move: Starting in F17, Move to E17, 10 foot elevation, then down to E17, in the floor (20 feet used so far). From there, I have total concealment to you, so hide is irrelevant. I'll post the move silent roll at the end of the remaining movement. Continuing movement - due east to E25.

Move silent: [roll]1d20+24[/roll]

Continue.
    Last edited by Talic; 2008-12-03 at 07:33 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

I can't fail to notice that the virtual d20 has shown a clear preference.

And when I say goodnight
    The pictures in my head
    And frolic in my bed

20. - Top - End - #80
    Banned

Move silent redux (1d20+24)[42]

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Listen: (1d20+33)[41] (without the penalty)

Eh, Talic... was that your readied action? I believe you can't ready an action abstractly and then decide what to do exactly... Right?? (I liked your reasoning very much, nice verisimilitude and all, but if you readied an action "move to point X", I don't think you can then move to point Z instead because you thought of something...

And when I say goodnight
    The pictures in my head
    And frolic in my bed

22. - Top - End - #82
    Banned

You state an action you will perform, and a condition that will trigger it.

Action: Move.

Condition: You approach within 10 feet, and perform any other action.

Readied actions do not state that you must define all variables to that action, though my original intent (before you bluffed) was to dive into the floor and change direction, continuing out to my full movement silently.

The whole point of me going so out in the open is to:
    1) Draw you out of hiding, and negate any stealth advantage you may have.
    2) Determine whether or not you can detect invisible.

The contingency, if you can, is to hide from your sight, and get to a spot where you don't know where I am. The intent was to move in such a manner as to not move through threatened squares.

Now, I'm not sure exactly how precisely the terms of the action are going to be ruled, but if you'd like it exactly laid out, I'll be more than happy to go uber specific in the future, I can do that.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talic View Post
    Now, I'm not sure exactly how precisely the terms of the action are going to be ruled, but if you'd like it exactly laid out, I'll be more than happy to go uber specific in the future, I can do that.
    Yes, I would. Sorry to be anal about this, but I just can't accept a readied action as general as "move".

However, I'll gladly accept something like "move 60 ft in a straight line, at the opposite direction of my opponent's current course", for example. Or even "move to the nearest hiding place, avoiding threatened squares". You don't have to predefine the course, but you should somehow describe the movement beforehand. Agreed? :)

Round 1
    As Casper flees before she can get to him, Stella turns and follows him to E-17, ground level, where he disappears and there's nothing she can do. (That was my second move action, see spoiler above for details, tell me if I interpreted something wrong. The maneuver is expended and lost.)

Round 2

You coward! You can't run forever!

Stella looks around (free spot/listen checks which are irrelevant, but she doesn't know that), finds nothing and falls silent. She flies straight up, 65 ft to the ceiling (inside), and moves 10 ft south (inside) to G-17, altitude 60. From there, she half-emerges, hiding and looking out.

Hide: (1d20+38)[45]
    Move Silently: (1d20+26)[45] (-5 penalty included)

Spoiler
    Show
    free action: reallocate Law Devotion bonus to AC
    and a double move action

AC: 53 + 7 = 60
    Divine Shield Rounds left: 5
    Law Devotion rounds left: 9
    Smite left: 8 (it was not expanded)

And when I say goodnight
    The pictures in my head
    And frolic in my bed

24. - Top - End - #84
    Banned

Very well. Partially defined actions. The exact movement paths don't need plotting, nor does the end point need announcing, but at a minimum, the goal/intent/basic high points of the move need to be plotted out. (i.e. Move away... Dodge the attack... avoid moving through any threatened squares). Movement can be described relative to visible conditions of the arena or the players (i.e. away from Stella, into the floor), but just announcing "move" isn't specific enough. Will do in the future.

Now, my round 2.

My actions: Move to L26, and elevate 15 feet.
    Standard: Ready an action:
    Spoiler
    Show
    IF my opponent becomes visible, THEN use Telekinesis ability-I will be using it as a disarm action, on either the sword or shield, whichever is NOT held by the locked gauntlet.
    Last edited by Talic; 2008-12-03 at 09:07 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

OK. :)

You are in plain sight, so I don't need to roll anything to see you, right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    full round action: Adaptive Style. Warblade the same, Swordsage:
    MIND OVER BODY, ACTION BEFORE THOUGHT, SHADOW JAUNT, BOUNDING ASSAULT.
    and 2 Crusader maneuvers granted:
    (1d5)[3]
    (1d5)[2]

AC: 60
    Divine Shield Rounds left: 4
    Law Devotion rounds left: 8
    Smite left: 8

Still there, still hiding. You're up.

End of Round 3

And when I say goodnight
    The pictures in my head
    And frolic in my bed

26. - Top - End - #86
    Banned

Completely visible.

Round 4.

Move action: spot: (1d20+28)[30]

Maintain ready action.

Your go.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Still half in/half out of the ceiling, I double move to L-26, altitude 60. (Death From Above, LOL)

Hide: (1d20+38)[57]
    Move Silently: (1d20+26)[44] (-5 penalty included)

Spoiler
    Show
    1 granted Crusader maneuver: (1d3)[3]

AC: 60
    Divine Shield Rounds left: 3
    Law Devotion rounds left: 7
    Smite left: 8

And when I say goodnight
    The pictures in my head
    And frolic in my bed

28. - Top - End - #88
    Banned

My spot modifier can't see you, but on a nat 20, my listen can.

Reactive listen for last round's movement: (1d20+28)[42]

If I hear, I'll move 60 feet north. If I don't, I'll

Move action: Spot <can't spot>

Standard: Maintain ready action.
    Last edited by Talic; 2008-12-03 at 09:38 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!

Stella is not very subtle. She dives down, sword in the air.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling for 1 Crusader maneuver: (1d2)[2]

free action: divine might
    free action: reallocate Law Devotion to attack
    Full Round Action: Charge with the Law Bearer maneuver (+8 bonus attack, + 4d6 damage. +5 bonus on saves, AC until the beginning of my next turn if it hits). I use Charging Smite, with Power attack 2 and the Demolishing Smite tactical option (from the Awesome Smite feat) which ignores DR up to 26 - except DR/- and DR/epic.

Attack: +14 BAB + 13 Cha (from Slippers) +6 Weapon (4+2 for being in a Diamond Mind stance) +1 Weapon Focus +2 Charge + 15 Smite + 7 Law Devotion -2 PA +8 Law Bearer = +64
    Damage: 1d8+3 Weapon + 13 Cha + 39 Smite + 13 divine might + 2 PA + 4d6 Law Bearer + 13 gauntlets = 1d8+70 + 4d6 slashing + 13 fire damage

AC: 53
    Divine Shield Rounds left: 2
    Rebuke Undead left: 15
    Law Devotion rounds left: 6
    Smite left: 7

Attack: (1d20+64)[84]
    Damage: (1d8+70)[71] + (4d6)[18] slashing damage + 13 fire damage
    This attack ignores any DR up to 26, except DR/- and DR/epic.

Again if your readied action was to somehow flee from Stella's horrible attack (LOL), please do that and then open this spoiler.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, there's nothing I can do this time, I'm charging (LOL). Another Rebuke burned, congratulations.

And again, if your readied action was to somehow relieve me from my sword, please do that and then open this spoiler.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Stella loses her sword on the way, she'll ignore it and do the exact same thing with a slam attack instead. Remove 6 from the attack roll and damage becomes: (1d6+67)[72] (plus the 4d6 above) bludgeoning damage, plus 13 fire.

And when I say goodnight
    The pictures in my head
    And frolic in my bed

30. - Top - End - #90
    Banned

My action was indeed, one that may relieve you of something.

1st: you have 1 locked gauntlet. What's it holding?