New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Slayer's Seemingly Sweet and Socially Silly Random Banter # 107

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Jibs, don't worry too much about it.

You, like Cristo and myself, are just lucky. Or you are simply a good test-taker, I don't know.

You shouldn't worry about it. Maybe the teacher/professor just likes you.
    And me.
    I can do little or no revision and get really good marks. Even in things where you need a lot of accurate detail packed in. I'm of course, talking about Medieval History. In the many essays I've done, I've done them without a plan or notes (because you can't look at them in the exam so why should you in class) and so far, have gotten nothing less than a very high B. As in a couple marks off an A.
    I think it's because I sound very logical and can create 'reasons' for things off the top of my head thanks to my extensive training from E Lit and E Lang where anything goes as long as you can give reason for it.
    I've always performed outside the norm.
    Back in GCSE French the teacher said that everyone'd do better on the Reading papers than the Listenings. Generally, I'd get As or higher in both, but I almost always got two or three marks higher on my Listening than Reading.
    Same for AS as well actually. Once again, some of this has got to be down to logic right?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

I never revised for GCSE and I got all As and Bs and one C(in English Lit, but that's because I hated to Kill a Mockingbird). Of course I have a weird to tendency to figure complex things out in dreams, like a maths problem I had that I didn't even know the method to and it came to me in a dream. That was freaky.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

To Hank and Irving, everyone! Zombies on the house!

I have stuff to do, people to see.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Hm. It appears the I didn't get paid this month.

I get paid monthly through direct-deposit on the last business day of the month. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, my paycheck was supposed to have been deposited yesterday (Wednesday). However, it hasn't shown up on my electronic statement. Since there's not going to be anyone in the offices until Monday, this leaves me with a bit of a perdicament.

I have enough money in my account to live off of, but not enough to cover, say, rent or my other bills.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's something my friend pointed out the other day:
    There's a reason why we don't see anybody doing the sorta thing you see in action movies: sweet car tricks or awesome combat skills.
    Because we're all relying on roleplaying or skill check xp to level up.
    Nobody's killing any monsters.
    And killing things always grants more xp.

Also: Ha. Ha ha ha. Screw you universe. I'm winning.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

6. - Top - End - #276

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Here's something my friend pointed out the other day:
    There's a reason why we don't see anybody doing the sorta thing you see in action movies: sweet car tricks or awesome combat skills.
    Because we're all relying on roleplaying or skill check xp to level up.
    Nobody's killing any monsters.
    And killing things always grants more xp.

Also: Ha. Ha ha ha. Screw you universe. I'm winning.
    But it's working. We are winning. Also, we don't need those things anymore. We are happy enough on this level.

@ghost_warlock: That's pretty bad. You can make it till Monday though, right?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #277

I think my cat is pyschic. Y'see, my Lady Smudge always knows the exact worst time to come for cuddles and impaling people through the thigh so that she may sleep on a living cushion.
    I'm also coming down with that horrible bug everyone's catching.
    On the plus side, crumble 'bars' in college are absolutely delicious and filling and I have more crumble tomorrow.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

So, lets see. Today runs the ninth month that I've been sober. Give or take few days. In this time, god knows I've had my temptations(to all of you who intend to take this to SMBG, don't). But now, it's finally coming to and end! Comes new years eve, it's the end of the self imposed alcohol ban that I've gotten myself into. Willingly, yes, but that doesn't make it any less sweet. And I for one, can't wait to happen!

In other words... I'm sooooo getting wasted! Of course, with my current stamina, as far as drinking is concerned, that will probably be two beers
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Barbarian in the Playground

Have you ever had a movie theatre to yourself? I had the ability to try that... and it was interesting to say the least. Almost like being at home(Except the TV is huge!) For those of you curious, the movie was Madagascar 2. It might have been because today is Thanksgiving, but I'd rather see that than(Or then? I can never tell) Twilight, which is why I was forced there in the first place.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

AaaaaAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaaa I'm the captain of the gravy train. Pchooo...

Ow. My brains hurts. At least the zombies won't want me now. Or will they? Perhaps the hint of danger when chowing down on potentially poisonous brain meats makes it taste all the sweeter. Like blow-fish. Dammit zombies get away from my head! *flails arms about*

Also: University interviews confuse and infuriate me. Like a cat being sprayed with dry ice during a firework display.

@^ The rules of having the cinema to yourself/selves are that you have to change seat every fifteen minutes. Those are the rules!
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2008-11-27 at 05:28 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

Ow. My brains hurts. At least the zombies won't want me now. Or will they? Perhaps the hint of danger when chowing down on potentially poisonous brain meats makes it taste all the sweeter. Like blow-fish. Dammit zombies get away from my head! *flails arms about*
    Ha ha, classic Bath

Any way just thought I'd pop in to let everyone know about my interesting week. First of all I got promoted. *cheers wildly*. After that though things went down hill

Firstly our team wanted to get way ahead on some work that needed doing so we pulled in some killer long shifts to try and make up the time. Then the next day we still get shouted at by one of the higher-ups even though we put all that effort in! So my manager quits out of principle (I would have to, but my financial situation had words with my principals and needless to say it was like watching a hockey player beat up a puppy!) I had been promoted for just two days and the assistant manager was uncontactable. I was in charge for the rest of the day without any experience of my own or experience colleagues. Thankfully I avoided disastor and things are sorted now, I can however relate to the killer headache Dr. Bath has...

But basically. Promoted, Go Me!
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by Catseye2121 View Post
    Have you ever had a movie theatre to yourself? I had the ability to try that... and it was interesting to say the least. Almost like being at home(Except the TV is huge!) For those of you curious, the movie was Madagascar 2. It might have been because today is Thanksgiving, but I'd rather see that than(Or then? I can never tell) Twilight, which is why I was forced there in the first place.
    I've heard worse things about Madagascar 2 than Twilight. How was it?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #283

Ow. I think I've scratched the inside area around the tear duct of my right eye. It has to be the inside because there's no redness or scratching on either of the eyelids.
    Which leaves me to be in pain whenever I blink. Not to mention wondering how I ever scratched such a place in the first place.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

14. - Top - End - #284
    Barbarian in the Playground

Now, I'll add the fact that it is really hard for me to hate something.

The movie itself was decent, but it was kind of like any other kid's movie. The plots were simple and designed to show a lesson, but the characters were mostly funny. There were a couple stretches of realism, but overall it wasn't like I wanted me money back. I'd probably watch it again.

Unless someone wanted to watch the movie...
    Spoiler
    Show
    The lessons were:
    The zebra found that all the zebras were almost exactly the same as him, but that didn't matter because his friends found him to be one in a million.(Kind of makes no sense, because his best friend couldn't recognize him at the end, and had to have a mark to tell the difference, but still)
    Penguins were rebuilding the aircraft with the help of african monkeys
    The giraffe and the hippo learned basically that they loved each other, even with their differences
    Humans were stuck because of the penguins and granny took over, built a dam, and dried the watering hole,(Being the main problem of the movie
    And the lion's dad learned that it was ok that his son was different(by being a performer), and that everyones talents have use)

Overall, I'd give it a B.
    (I am NOT much of a reviewer, so I wouldn't go by what I said)
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Ow. I think I've scratched the inside area around the tear duct of my right eye. It has to be the inside because there's no redness or scratching on either of the eyelids.
    Which leaves me to be in pain whenever I blink. Not to mention wondering how I ever scratched such a place in the first place.
    Yeah that can happen. Just stop scratching. It only makes it worse. Okay, I never follow that advice myself but I just end up with sore eyes for longer.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

16. - Top - End - #286

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Ow.
    The worst trouble I've had with my eyes is that... okay, one's long sighted, and one's short sighted, and thus I'm meant to wear glasses. And I never do. Oh, and my eyelashes sometimes grow into my eye, and poke it in a very uncomfortable manner. Cutting it means it grows back faster, so I have actually found a use for an eyelash curler beyond cosmetic reasons.

I second the question of "how did you scratch yourself there?"
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

17. - Top - End - #287
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I am suddenly reminded of the time my bangs decided that they were fed up with the current regime and proceeded to stab me in not one eye, but both simultaneously and then staggering between the two just as I'd recover from one smarting/stinging/tearing sensation.

Other than that, the worst thing that's happened to my eye was I got pepper-spray residue on my fingers from typing on my brother's computer (he was having some "fun" in his basement room and got pepper-spray everywhere. I had to sit with his television during the move and my arm blistered up from the amount of pepperspray on that thing), and I sneezed, so I wiped my nose, then my nose started itching and before I knew it, I was burning horribly in the eyes and trying to stumble blindly up the stairs to get to the bathroom and rinse my eyes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

18. - Top - End - #288

Usually the worst thing that happens to my eyes is when I rub them too much and end up folding one edge of my contact lens underneath itself. While driving. At night. While tired. Let's just say that it's happened on multiple occasions and is very, very painful.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Baerdog: super genius.

19. - Top - End - #289

I am suddenly reminded of the time my bangs decided that they were fed up with the current regime and proceeded to stab me in not one eye, but both simultaneously and then staggering between the two just as I'd recover from one smarting/stinging/tearing sensation.
    That happened to me once. I solved the problem by getting a #1 buzzcut. It taught those damn hair rebels a lesson.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Dragonprime? You mean, Resident metal head? Had hair lower than a 3-razor? Thats like Fred without Barney, or Barney without beer! DOUBLE HEADSHOT REFERENCE
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

21. - Top - End - #291

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmud View Post
    Dragonprime? You mean, Resident metal head? Had hair lower than a 3-razor? Thats like Fred without Barney, or Barney without beer! DOUBLE HEADSHOT REFERENCE
    My hair has almost always been wicked short. The longest my hair got was to my eyes, at which point I got a buzz cut.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Even so you're not supposed to tell us! Anyways, I might have to Nair my whole head off because my varsity football team and I won County-Championships. . . Shall I die my noggin blue?
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

23. - Top - End - #293

Dye it bright pink. It's a much more manly color. And I will tell you whatever I want about my body!

Except for the dirty stuff, you sick minded people.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Bright Pink? Really? How will I look at Metallica!? Atleast they'll notice me in the moss, but I mean those 6'5 250lbs guys with see the head, and hunt me down...

♫ Seek and Destroy! ♫
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

25. - Top - End - #295

Make any more cheesy music references and I'll force you to ride the lightning.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    Make any more cheesy music references and I'll force you to ride the lightning.
    Whatever DP, I'll stop, but The Memory Remains . PUN OFF
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

27. - Top - End - #297

No no no no no, we do not need to keep this crap going. We're going to turn this thread in to some kind of monster.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

You sure? Our reputations would sorta be... Blackened.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

29. - Top - End - #299

Yes I'm sure. We're going to be accused of being fuel for spamming and whatnot.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, we better just turn the page on this whole thing, I mean I don't want to get into trouble.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"