New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Encompass

1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Encompass

Potential targets. One casualty. Clear signs of violence, but were all the persons working together? Who was victim and who was suspect. Arms.... and a one fleeing. What ever had happened?

Issac acted quickly, flying swiftly up to where the man was escaping out a window. Floating a few meters back from the building, facing the window. He raised his arms, briefly touching his fingers together to form a triangle shape. It was but a moment though and casual enough to be missed. Extending his left arm and bracing with the other, Issac pointed his hand, its palm vertical and fingers straight. Focusing his will Isaac formed a spell he knew in his bones. From in front of his hand a point glowed. Rapidly growing brighter it shone even in the harsh light of the surroundings, a pure white light humming with power. It was pointed straight at the man climbing out the window

"This is Isaac Debrose, Watchful Magi of the Ordo Byzantium Arcanum!" Isaac said in his loudest clear voice so even those in the building would hear him, "All persons will cease and desist at once. Surrender and await the local authorities. No further acts of violence will be tolerated and I will act with my full power against any attempts to escape the vicinity!"

Isaac was all to aware that he had at best limited authority. The Byzantium was not a government, nor a police organization. It was in the most basic sense a multiversal trade guild, but armed of nessecity. And the Watch was allowed to act even against base crimes, and with complete openness in surroundings like this. Whether the local authorties would approve of an indepedent authority acting as such though was a dicey proposition, even if he was on liasion to the Encompass. Still the local authorities weren't here yet, and with people in danger and one possibly dead already time ran rapidly.
    He had to act.

There was even small hope acting with authority might defuse the siuation. Isaac kept his senses trained and ready though, watching for any sign of attack or violence. In particular the man already outside needed watching, but Isaac didn't forget the two others. His erstwhile companions were moving in, he could only hope they acted appropriately.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tactical Action:
    I've readied my Arrow of Light spell to attack should any of the three attempt to attack, or flee the area. This applies to anyone I can see inside (excluding those I know already of course), and the guy moving outside.

Attack Info-
    Arrow of Light
    ACV: 8
    Damage: 36 HP (Insidious, Multidimensional)
    Range: 500m before penalty

Also my Initiative Bonus is +4, should it be needed, plus I can move over 20 meters a second with my Flight speed. Let me know any rolls to make.
    Last edited by Gavin Sage; 2008-12-08 at 10:33 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jonathan

Jon finally manages to arrive at the scene, quite winded. He notices Yen but doesn't have the intention of noting his particular actions.

As Jon steadies himself he watches the white haired guide dash into the building. Seconds later the gunshots ring out. "Oh bloody hell!" Jon yanks his derringer from its holster, a finely crafted weapon indeed. With a mildly contemptuous glance at Yen, he darts into the building, speeding from cover point to cover point, quickly determining whatever is happening is upstairs and heads there.

Stopping on the stairs with just enough clearance for line of sight, Jon aims directly at the swordswoman. "I suggest you do not move, Miss. I am a rather good shot..." He glances at Davin and says, "As it seems you are faster, perhaps you would do well to capture the one escaping through the window instead. I shall handle this one and see to our guide."
    Last edited by corvus Korrian; 2008-12-10 at 06:48 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Davin

Maybe, but it seems our magical chum out there has the place locked down. I sincerely doubt any of them can outrun me on foot, so for the time being I'll remain here.
    Davin says, continuing to keep an eye on the scene.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You do actually have to make an attack role. Here's the woman's defense and the man's, respectively.
    (2d6+6)[12]
    (2d6+9)[12]

The woman prepares herself at the bolt of of light from the young mage, while the man is unseen, though there are many crashes down where he went.

5. - Top - End - #65

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling to attack the man outside.

(2d6+8)[15]

Also for Clarification: So the guy going out the window, did he just pull a vanishing act in front of me? Or after my initial detection, in the time it took me to fly around the building he managed to hide/escape/whatever in the second this would have taken and I never really had a good lock on him in the first place?

And since you made a defense for him does that mean I can still attack him? The outside target is Isaac priority so thats who he'd attack first, or does the woman inside move drawing the spell, and then the other guy seizes the moment?

Just trying to be straight on the details so I can write reaction properly...

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jonathan

To Davin

"Very well then, there is always something to be said for strength in numbers." Jon braces his arm, steadying himself for the attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    2d6+4 = 15

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Sage View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling to attack the man outside.

[roll0]

Also for Clarification: So the guy going out the window, did he just pull a vanishing act in front of me? Or after my initial detection, in the time it took me to fly around the building he managed to hide/escape/whatever in the second this would have taken and I never really had a good lock on him in the first place?

And since you made a defense for him does that mean I can still attack him? The outside target is Isaac priority so thats who he'd attack first, or does the woman inside move drawing the spell, and then the other guy seizes the moment?

Just trying to be straight on the details so I can write reaction properly...
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man did indeed, invade before you could really get the bolt on him and it does hit him, along with her if the attack. Unfortunately, you can't really attck themboth without a penalty, so I suppose the woman moves out of the way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Defense: [roll]2d6+6[/roll]

The woman dodges the ray of flashing light, going in for a lunge while trying to evade the bullet.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose we should roll initiative now?

9. - Top - End - #69

Quote Originally Posted by sidhe_blooded View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose we should roll initiative now?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good point, although Yen's apathy is making it hard to figure out when. Everyone go for it.

10. - Top - End - #70

Devil

Spoiler
    Show
    Shiho is choosing to go last

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    initiative is just attack combat value + lightning reflexes and the like right? if so then (2d6+13)[21] if not then I read something wrong.

12. - Top - End - #72

A flicker of movement, Isaac struck. Flashing brighter the orb in his hand burst outward, seven points of light drawing graceful arcs through the air. In the blink of an eye they converged on single point with a distinct crack exploded once more.

Isaac blinked and checked on the result. Seeing the man gone he cursed silently. Had he succeeded or not, damn it. The man couldn't have gone far yet. Willing himself upward and somewhat away from the building Isaac sought a better view of the situation, still holding his arm out and gathering another spell. If his attack had hit then the man had to be injured. That spell was his own personal creation, and no mere burst of power. If it had hit then the man was either sorely hurt or incredibly tough. Forming another burst Isaac searched for a target, keeping his guard up. The suspect needed to be apprehended.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm delaying my action while I'm moving up and searching for the target to attack it. I'm assuming that looking about is an essentially free action, and I'm only moving a few meters which is nothing for me in flight. If I spot the guy I will fire, or if attacked return fire as best I can in return.

Rolls-
    Initiative: (2d6+4)[10] (If applicable)
    Searching: (2d6+6)[12] (Mind check)
    Attack: (2d6+8)[16] (If applicable)

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (2d6+4)[10]

14. - Top - End - #74
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+12[/roll]

For init.

Yen

Yen remains outside the building, Humanity appearing beside him

"You should probably go in. They might need your help"

Yen shook his head

"No...to risky. What would she say if I did something so dangerous?"

Humanity just sighed
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-12-15 at 05:50 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

15. - Top - End - #75

Bah rerolling

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+12)[21]
    My Current Works

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    shouldn't you be rolling 2d6 instead of a d20?

17. - Top - End - #77

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6+12)[15]

Bah yes
    My Current Works

18. - Top - End - #78

The woman dances toward Issac, sword flickering in the candle light. With a spin, she aims to slice at the mage.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6+8)[15] - to attack Issac

Issac
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately, you don't see anything besides a cast off of bit of kevlar and some papers

19. - Top - End - #79

Spoiler
    Show

(2d6+5)[11]

Breaking off his attack spell at the new attack Issac willed his flight to take him higher and out of range. Hope to evade the attack

20. - Top - End - #80

And with a slash, the woman strikes Issac's stomach.

Issac
    Spoiler
    Show
    14 damage

21. - Top - End - #81

Issac flinched as he was hit. A faint flicker of ghostly light met the sword as it impacted. With the sound of metal on metal most of the blow was absorbed leaving Issac with a shallow gash across his torso. A bit of blood leaked out through the fresh hole in the spell caster's clothing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 5 Armor: -10 Damage
    Current HP: 41/45

And now lets have somebody else get into the action for the round!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Davin

Seeing the woman assault the mage Davin charges forward, launching himself at her and lashing out with a brutal kick.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack roll- (2d6+7)[13]
    if that hits the woman takes 26 damage.

23. - Top - End - #83

Without a shift in emotion, the swordsmen puts her blade before the kick risking the blade cutting into her as her wrist strengthens agaisnt Davin's kick.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6+6)[18]

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jon is awaiting his turn initiative, having already fired his weapon.