New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Super Mario Myth Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    The harm already done, M&M could only try to limit the damages.
    "-Tyme, I support your idea of balance but, as far as I see it, you're the one who broke it. Why did you create these creatures, these...Hylians ? I too feel a urge to create and order life but we better talk about it first. Rushing things will only result in suffering for the mortals...mortals ? And what are we then ? Are we...?"

He couldn't dare to say it, though he had understood it somehow.
    "-...gods ?"
    "In order for law to exist there must be chaos, and in order for chaos to exist there must be law. What I did was provide the law, and lo, and behold Dry Bowser made chaos. Its all a simple part of what I call the "chaos theory." "

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Master of Masks

"-We both know this logic is somewhat... cheesy. Without your intervention, there would be nothing but the void, where order is the rule and chaos a exception that can be tolerated."

He though for a second then add :
    "-Don't misunderstand me, Tyme : I don't want to avoid Chaos, just to limit its impact on the creation we each want to make. And we all saw what an hurried decision can produce. And I don't understand what you mean about Dry Bowser."

Spoiler
    Show

Yes, that was what I understood first but then all hells broke loose so...
    Anyway, as soon as possible, I'll make at least one of the two sunballs.
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-11-26 at 04:04 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

"I was refering to both his predictable nature, and his desire to spread fear. Don't worry yourself what I work with as of now is merely theroy."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    it was big boo, not dry bowser. Also none of that happened, Armin retconned it so I dunno why there's still an argument about it.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Spoiler
    Show

Well, we kinda try to turn it into a moral debate, so to agree on how to work together at the creation. If the Star Emperor doesn't arrive, we must kill time somehow...

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Kill tyme! I sense a conspiracy!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    fair enough, I guess I'll join in the debate then

You say I sew disorder, but without fear there can be bo life, if there was no fear then creatures wouldn't know when to run from a predator or not to wander into a dark cave without some kind of light source. Fear, like all emotion, is in and of itself without any form of moral bias, it is the fearful that decide what to do with their fear.
    Boo says with a grin.
    And you say that your creations would merely defend themselves, but I say it was me who was acting on the defensive. You create a race to instill law and courage, and I act on the defensive so that all of creation is not overrun by your minions. I act out of nothing but self preservation, and if that is predictable then I could easily say that you yourself have the same level of predictability.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-26 at 04:33 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

"My race is not of law, but of Power, wisdom, and courage the very things I embody. You created the Boo's I did not force my people to attack them, and they did not. what I did was give them the courage to resist your rampancy."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Rampancy? My boos had not attacked anyone and your creations immediately took to arms against them. You created your people first, so if one of us was trying to curb rampancy then it was I. Also why did you create your people with courage when fear wasn't yet present? What meaning did it have if it was not an outright declaration of your intent to attack my creations when the were made?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

M&M

"-Still, the fact is that neither courage nor fear was necessary. Though fear is necessary to courage, otherwise it would only be recklessness. How can courage exist if there is nothing to be afraid of ? But I disgress, maybe..."

((EDIT OOC : Aarg !! You ninja my point !! ))
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-11-26 at 04:41 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

"Because courage is one of my domains.... If I may ask were you dropped on the head alot when you were a mortal?"
    This is a honest question from tyme.... cause Boo doesn't seem to be much on the smart side.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

One of your domains or not, fear did not yet exist, so courage would be meaningless. There would be no definition of courage, so how would it exist at all?
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-11-26 at 04:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

"you exist so therefore fear exists. i exist so thwere for courage exist. Honestly your only porving my last comment right."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Just because the god of something exists does not mean that whatever it is the god of exists, I'm fairly certain we have a god of plants and animals, they don't exist until they are created, just as fear and courage don't exist until they are created.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

M&M

"-Now, let's not get too deep into this. What boo and me meant was that courage can only trully exist if there is true fear to which it can be confronted. If you want to bless the Hylians with courage, fine by me, but avoid to make them fearless, as this would be their undoing. A fearless creature is a mindless tool."
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-11-26 at 04:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

"I feel courage therefore it exists. I'm sure at least one of us feels fear therefore it exists. Its a emotional concept not a physical thing Big boo."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

But what makes our concepts inherently different than a physical object? Oh, I'm sure the mortals have their ideas, but to us what difference is there between the conceptual and the physical? Nothing exists until it is created, emotions are no exceptions.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

M&M

"-OUR emotions matter. They alter our perception of things and, as we have the power to create, they can then alter the physical. So yes, the difference is not that big.

But it's not so much emotion than moral values. You, Big Boo, are valuing basical instincts like fear, as you think they are the best way for a living being to survive. While Tyme seems to think that it's by going against these instincts that one can improve. I must confess that I like his vision better...but yours is how the natural order should be."
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-11-26 at 05:10 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mirra, who had been watching the conflict below with interest--whether or not it was real--finally lookd up with a sigh. "Will you all kindly hush up? Chaos and fear are necessary--otherwise the world gets booooring--but I don't think that matters, since this probably is just a simulation."
    Current Characters

I made my avatar myself. You look kind of surprised! Eeh hee hee!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

M&M

The Master of Masks turned to Mirra
    "-If I recall well, you contributed to this simulation as well. As we'll probably not remain locked up here for all eternity, wanna share what is your idea of a perfect world ? As a mortal, I found life needed balance to restrain the ambitions of the powerful and reduce the suffering which resulted from them. I would like a world of perfect order, where changes would be slow but would benefit most people."
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-11-26 at 06:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Stretching somewhat, she nodded, smirking as usual. "Darn right I did. Hmm? You really wanna ask the goddess? Well, alright: I want there to be scads of money out there, for lots of people...but mostly me. Oh, and course the guys would be hot, too! And the girls--but none so hot as me." She snickered. "And, of course, I realize that as mortals they do need to know about greed, about envy and about advancing oneself."
    Current Characters

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Listening silently and passively to the arguments, Lady Memes spoke up.

For life to exist on a planet, it needs law. Without law, chaos would spread. But law cannot function without a purpose. If it does, it only inhibits the people and soon afterwards will be demolished by the people.

That is why I sometimes find animals smarter than humans.
    She says, smiling slightly to herself.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    I feel like I should wait for Armin before contributing to the debate/beginning my conquest
    I drew this line myself

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

25. - Top - End - #55

"Well that was a fun little simulation followed by a heated deabte. Now would anyone like to say something not debate related?" he says eager for any knowledge someone might share. "I hope one of you knows something I don't."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Star Emperor is there. "My children go forth and bring the light of the worlds to this dark corner of the unvierse." The sphere disappates.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Needless to say, Mirra is startled by the sudden arrival of...wow. "Was he...was he an overdeity?" she asked, blinking in confusion. "Um. Well, no matter. I guess this means we're free to do what we want?"
    Current Characters

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Boo

I'm guessing he's the man in charge, and we seem to have his blessing to start actually creating, who wants to go first?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

M&M

the Master of Masks steps foward.
    "-I think my idea of about the light and heat is a good one. With this, any mortal should be fine. That's it, unless you plan to make a world full of ice."

And so it went again...
    Spoiler
    Show

Create Awondo, a miniature version of the sun, more or less the size of the moon, but at a closer distance from the "planet" than our sun is from Earth.
    Create Surya, a large ball of holy light, though 10 times smaller than Awondo, that can be used at will by M&M to enlighten a place, blessing it somehow.

I have no more control over Awondo, it will now orbit around the planet, following a very precise schedule. But my followers would call upon Surya's for their powers.
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-11-28 at 04:19 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Knowit

"M&M we need a planet first." Using his power he creates a sphereical planet twice the size of Awondo with large oceans, two continents, and dozens of islands. "We should name it together. It needs a moon though." Once again using his power he creates a sphereical, blue moon that's half the size of the planet and is close, but not too close to the planet."I shall call you Morphos."

Spoiler
    Show
    Morphos
    a sphereical, blue moon that I plan creating a huge knowledge sanctuary on.