Bugbear in the Playground

Default Werewolf Classic VIII - Archaeological Wolves

WEREWOLF CLASSIC VIII - ARCHAEOLOGICAL WOLVES

Welcome to Werewolf Classic VIII

Narrators: Zar Peter and Mordokai

Here are the rules again:

Spoiler
    Show

Villager: You are a villager. Your job is to stay alive, and ferret out the werewolves. Counts, obviously, as a villager.

Seer: Your job after night falls, is to PM the Narrator and co-Narrator to look into the heart of one player. You may or may not want to reveal who you are as you will be a target for the werewolves to kill, and may be accused of being the Devil, or even possibly the fool. When you select a player, the answer given to you will be villager, fool, or werewolf. Seers see the Devil as a Werewolf. (bolded for the narrator to not forget again)

Werewolf: Your job after night falls, is to lie, deceive, and cajole the villagers into not voting for you. You know all the other werewolves and you (as a pack) have to decide whom to kill in the night. One of the wolves should PM the narrator the final decision, if possible a few hours before the night ends so the narrator can make up a nice death scene (Own creations of death scenes are welcome!!!).
    If there is a tie between the werewolves, that the lycanthropes cannot resolve (as to who will be killed), simply PM the Narrator and co-Narrator, and one of us will be the tie breaker (This will mostly be done by throwing a coin. If requested we could make a Rock Paper Scissors game, too.) As we are all mature adults here, we hope that it will never come to this rare happenstance.
    You, obviously, count as a werewolf.

Mason: Your job is to ferret out the werewolves, and to protect your fellow Mason(s). You know all other Masons (told via PM), so you gain a big advantage against the normal villagers since you know some people who are obviously not wolves. There will always be a minimum of 2 Masons in a group. You count as villager.

Fool: Is told that he is the seer. His job after night falls, is to PM the Narrator and co-Narrator to look into the heart of one player. Since it is not the Seer the response it will get is completely random except when it points to the Seer, then it will always see the Fool. Counts as a villager

Baner: This person is the carrier of the wolvesbane. His job is to protect someone he believes is a villager, from the nightly killings of the werewolves (by PMing the name of the protectee to the narrators in the night). Counts as a villager.

Devil: Is basically the seer for the werewolves. Counts as a werewolf. The Devil may or does not know the other werewolves in the beginning.

Additional rules:

Autolynch: Was not included in the original Game. If you have signed up we expect you to play. However, RL, computer or network brake downs happen and we can’t do anything against it. In this game not voting for three days in a row will lead to an autolynch. You may or may not get one warning via PM, depends on the mood of the narrators.
    This also is valid for night actions, you may or may not get a remember PM.
    If you go one holidays or know in advance that you can’t access a computer for a long time please PM the narrators and you won’t get lynched. Please remember that this will only be valid for a maximum of 2 weeks and only once in the game.

Questions about the game: I’m aware that not everything will be clear in the beginning, especially not for newcomers. If you have questions about your or any other role or about some confusing rulepost please PM the narrators. DO NOT POST IT IN THE THREAD. Questions in the thread will not be answered. It can occure that questions via PM will be answered in the thread.

Night actions: If you have night actions please make sure that you get them in in time. If you know that you don’t have time this day (or if you know you always forget to send in) you can send in your actions in advance. You can also make a pattern for your night actions (for example: In the last game the Devil told me that if he doesn’t send in a scry he scrys the next unscried person in the alphabet.) These actions are all valid!!!

The Past History:

And the two scientists are heading back to the excavation site where they started their mission. Unfortunately only one managed to come back. The second was lost in the woods. Gustave told the scientists that wild animals attacked them in the night and abducted Rene. The rescue team only found bones of him. Very clean gnawed bones…

And so Werewolf VII ended. (Well, I only changed two words…)

As the rescue team returned they reported their story to the two head archaeologists. Zar Peter and Mordokai listened, a look of consternation came over their face. Then they showed the rescue team a diary of a village person who survived the wolves. They found the book at the site shortly before Gustave returned and only Zar Peter and Mordokai knew the contents.

They told the Masons that it must have been a Werewolf who killed Rene. And the only suspect is Gustave. They had to kill Gustave immediately. Hopefully he hadn’t infected any of the other students while they were away… in that case the rescue team was the last hope for the students.

The two professors planned the execution detailed. Gustave was too surprised to react on the silver dagger and died quick. The excavation site shortly got into a state of Turmoil, but when they saw the shapeshifted body of Gustave they quickly became quiet. Only a few of them planned revenge, but they stood silent, too. It was too early to come out. Gustave did a good job but they were too few to overtake the site.

But this night they would devour the head archaeologists. And in the night’s to come…

The happenings of Night 0:

Zar Peter and Mordokai were killed by the wolves.

Two students found amulets. They didn’t know of each other. After studying some alchemical books they both discovered that these amulets are in fact scrying tools, which were only working when exposed to starlight.
    One of them had a tiny hairline crack.

One student found another diary. It was the diary of the former baner, with a description of which herbs are helping to prevent a werewolf attack.

And one student… didn’t wake up. He was silently killed by a shapeshifter who took the place of the student. He was not a canine one, this one was the pure evil. It smelled the ongoings of this place and wanted to help. To help its fellow creatures. Unfortunately it didn’t know who they were. But it will know, yes, it was sure, soon it will know…

And here is the cast:

Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]player|sign up number
    deathslayer7 | 9
    Dr. Bath | 30
    Dragoon | 5
    Haruki-kun | 8
    Mustiado | 16
    PhantomFox | 3
    The Vaillant Turtle | 39
    Tormsskull | 27
    xNadia | 38
    [/table]

{table=head]player|sign up number|date of death|role
    dallas-dakota | 40|lynched day 1|Werewolf
    Aemoh | 19|killed night 1|Villager
    Hero 1.0 | 31|lynched day 2|Villager
    iceddragons | 12|killed night 2|Villager
    Catseye2121 | 18|autolynched day 3|Villager
    Helgraf | 20|lynched day 3|Villager
    Uncle Festy | 11|killed night 3|Mason
    FF fanboy | 24|autolynched day 4|Villager
    Reinholdt | 13|lynched day 4|Werewolf
    Murska | 23|killed night 4|Seer
    Shadow | 35|lynched day 5|Villager
    Eldritch Knight | 37|killed night 5|Devil
    hap_hazard | 33|lynched day 6|Villager
    LordRod | 41|killed night 6|Villager
    Dirk Kris | 25|lynched day 7|Villager
    Shishnarfne | 2|killed night 7|Villager
    Kwarkpudding | 26|lynched day 8|Werewolf
    Banjo1985 | 21|autolynched day 8|Baner
    evnafets | 17|killed night 8|Villager
    happyturtle | 36|lynched day 9|Villager
    V.Z. | 32|autolynched day 9|Villager
    Alarra | 7|killed night 9|Villager
    Istari | 10|lynched day 10|Mason
    Griever | 4|autolynched day 10|Villager
    Jontom Xire | 22|killed night 10|Mason
    Selrahc | 15|lynched day 11|Villager
    Blue Umbrella | 6|killed night 11|Villager
    Cynan Machae | 42|lynched day 12|Wolf
    Lex-kat | 14|killed night 12|Villager
    SweetLikeLemons | 34|lynched day 13|Villager
    PirateMonk | 29|autolynched day 13|Villager
    Shadowcaller | 1|killed night 13|Villager
    Fin | 28|lynched day 14|Villager
    The Bushranger | 43|killed night 14|Fool
    [/table]
    Last edited by Zar Peter; 2009-01-18 at 06:17 PM.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Classic VIII - Archaeological Wolves

First game post! Whoohoo!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Jontom Xire for stealing my F1RST P0ST!
    Last edited by Murska; 2008-11-27 at 03:29 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Happyturtle grumbles as she digs. "Stupid coursework. I thought I was going to be on Time Team, wearing a skimpy tank top while I discovered awesome Roman artifacts. Instead, all I do is dig holes. I hate digging holes. And now there's these freaking wolves to worry about. I swear, I'm changing my major to Media Studies." She turns and glares at Valiant Turtle, her evil twin. Or was she his evil twin? It was so hard to keep straight.

Edit: On second thought, one really should keep one's nemesis around longer. So Turtle decides to participate in Dallas-Dakota's assisted suicide.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2008-11-30 at 08:30 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Oh yeah, and I point at Murska because it's the tradition for me now.

In fact in one game (can't remember which) Murska and I have started day 1 bandwagons against each other. Quite unintentionally. Can everyone please point at someone else.
    Spoiler
    Show

Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    Oh yeah, and I point at Murska because it's the tradition for me now.

In fact in one game (can't remember which) Murska and I have started day 1 bandwagons against each other. Quite unintentionally. Can everyone please point at someone else.
    It was Cat Fight, wasn't it? I think.

@V What did JX JUST say about people not pointing at us two?

@VV Eww!
    Last edited by Murska; 2008-11-27 at 05:59 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #7

DrowGuy

Murska.
    -SPLAT!-

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    It was Cat Fight, wasn't it? I think.
    I would like to see a cat fight between Murska and Jontom.

Anyway Fin's name is short, lets lynch him!

9. - Top - End - #9

A strangely familiar dark-haired man stands near one of the digging sites. Unlike most of the others, he doesn´t really do anything but occasionally take a sip from the mug in his hand, or rub his neck a bit. He doesn’t even seem part of the excavation team and only arrived recently… In fact he has arrived only just after, the wolves struck! (ooh, tension! ) Who is this mysterious coffee-sipping stranger? And what is he after? Dun dun DUNN!

“You can call me Diego.”

He simply says, then continues looking ahead.

“You haven’t seen a lady named Lex-Kat around here, have you? I heard she makes a German’s Chocolate Cake to die for.”

(( Vote not random. I have good reasons for it. It's as random as can be actually.
    Oh, and if the post's too long and spoiler tags are wanted, please say so. ))
    Last edited by V.Z.; 2008-11-27 at 06:22 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Behbeh Week Altime!
    Wiwa Wa Wevowushun!
    (Gweat Behbeh Week Wevowushun Motto by Wolfbane!)

Wonderful LGBTitP banner by Doiahaveaname?
    Butt kicking hamsterrific Minsc and Boo by Trazoi

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

A young acne-ridden kid trots around the dig, carrying more bags, tools and flasks than a pack-horse. He drops off bits and pieces to the proper diggers, including a thermos flask to Dirk Kris.

"Thermos Flasks are great sir! They keep hot things hot and cold things cold! So I got you some coffee and vanilla ice cream!"

The kid is then knocked unconcious by the bad-pun police and taken away for further questioning.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

11. - Top - End - #11

She turns and glares at Valiant Turtle, her evil twin. Or was she his evil twin? It was so hard to keep straight.
    HappyTurtle, for linking to TVTropes.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

I would like to see a cat fight between Murska and Jontom.

Anyway Fin's name is short, lets lynch him!
    Hey look, there is my easy retaliatory first day's point! Shadowcaller.

Plus my name isn't short your just not seeing the silent (and invisible) extra letters. Its actually spelt Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

So, yeah...
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

*points at hap_hazard*

Random-ish.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Cynan Machae, as he has sign up number 42, he is everything, thus also a wolf! Lynch him!

( NOT ment as a banwagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

15. - Top - End - #15

PaladinGuy

"Thermos Flasks are great sir! They keep hot things hot and cold things cold! So I got you some coffee and vanilla ice cream!"
    Wow! Thermos flasks sound awesome! But how do they know whether to keep the contents hot or cold? They must be MAGIC!

Do you have any chocolate icecream to go with the vanilla?

evnafets points at PhantomFox because Venus is in the 7th house, Mars is in ascension and he is sure that really bright star wasn't there the other day...

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Cynan Machae, as he has sign up number 42, he is everything, thus also a wolf! Lynch him!

( NOT ment as a banwagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    As far as I see it it's also not meant as a vote, since you didn't write in red
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Uncle Festy, I suppose he's as good as any to be at the mercy of an enraged and irrational mob.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Eldritch Knight! When in doubt, stick with what works.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

hap_hazard instead for attempting to bandwagon me without even stating (the quite obvious) reason.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground

The young man still had been wearing his chain shirt, his sword, and lastly, the musket that still worked. He had been fond of studying the past though he hadn't realized how long it took sometimes. "Does anyone have any water around here? My canteen is out." He looks around and points at iceddragons. After all dragons were hunted by dragoons in video games, right, right? He thought to himself.

((Trying to just in-character random point))
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    Hey look, there is my easy retaliatory first day's point! Shadowcaller.

Plus my name isn't short your just not seeing the silent (and invisible) extra letters. Its actually spelt Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

So, yeah...
    I'll point at Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn because his name is too long.
    Last edited by Boo; 2008-11-27 at 04:57 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Eldritch Knight, because tradition is traditional.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Who says you can't be glamourous here too though? A rather exotic-looking redhead grins over at Happy in response to her rant. It's just a state of mind more than anything esle, honey. Besides, the more holes you dig, the more likely one of these lycans is going to fall into one, she grins.

((points at V.Z. for stealing the character name I was going to use. ))

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Umbrella View Post
    I'll point at Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn because his name is too long.
    I...

But... erm?

<.<
    >.>

Godammit!
    Last edited by Fin; 2008-11-27 at 05:21 PM.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

I point at Dallas-Dakota for good luck.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I point at Dallas-Dakota for not dancing with me. (yes this will go on for a while.)
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

I point at dallas dakota

Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

Formerly known as Hero 1.0

28. - Top - End - #28

Hero1.0 for bandwagoning

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Lord Rod is as good a point as any.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

((First day random at xNadia. Hmm. Not going to RP Reinholdt since still doing him in Funhouse. I'll decide later, I suppose.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.